Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Applewhite posted:

The ship was great. Its armory reminded me a lot of when the Iron Giant went into kill mode, and its ability to manipulate people reminded me a lot of the Concierge from Eden of the East. A great combo that would be terrifyingly unstoppable.

I hope we get to see the car unleash its full destructive power at some point in the future.

that space ship is quite deadly.

Typical fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Rick literally smashed an entire universe on the floor as a distraction / to fix his car battery. :stare:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
this is a little nitpicky, but I think the ship is more fun as a piece of junk made out of literal garbage and not GlaDOS: the ship. Not criticizing the designs, of course, just the decision.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

this is a little nitpicky, but I think the ship is more fun as a piece of junk made out of literal garbage and not GlaDOS: the ship. Not criticizing the designs, of course, just the decision.

there's a difference between something rick made himself and something he paid for. What he chooses to spend his flerbos on is really up to him.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Typical posted:

there's a difference between something rick made himself and something he paid for. What he chooses to spend his flerbos on is really up to him.

Rick would spend flerbos on weapons for his ship instead of fractal dust and blips and chitz?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He buys what he needs.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Is this the first time we've seen them take the spaceship to another dimension?

Or did they just borrow/steal that dimension's Rick's spaceship?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I love when Morty's trying commiserate with the teenyverse creator. "Science, huh? Ain't it a thing?"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

VideoTapir posted:

Is this the first time we've seen them take the spaceship to another dimension?

Or did they just borrow/steal that dimension's Rick's spaceship?

Does Rick Potion #9 count?

Also, I just noticed that the music that plays when Rick drops Jerry off at the beginning of Morty-night Run is the 'human music' from his simulation.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

I'm sorry, but your opinion means very little to me.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

FireWorksWell posted:

Does Rick Potion #9 count?

Also, I just noticed that the music that plays when Rick drops Jerry off at the beginning of Morty-night Run is the 'human music' from his simulation.

Pretty sure they just took that dimension's ship.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Can't it be both?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

this is a little nitpicky, but I think the ship is more fun as a piece of junk made out of literal garbage and not GlaDOS: the ship.

GlaDOS is better than Shodan or AM, Rick knows how much power and freewill to give his AIs

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This whole episode is a very Rick thing to do, because if he wasn't so amoral and lazy he could have used the microverse for power without involving the natives at all by just building some solar panels around their star or something.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

This whole episode is a very Rick thing to do, because if he wasn't so amoral and lazy he could have used the microverse for power without involving the natives at all by just building some solar panels around their star or something.

if you could control a microverse to the point that you can accelerate time why can't you just magic up dyson spheres around all the stars

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Yeah, the whole joke is that it's a piece of poo poo made out of garbage AND it has highly sophisticated AI and weapons systems.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

if you could control a microverse to the point that you can accelerate time why can't you just magic up dyson spheres around all the stars
ROI.

Rick is a lazy fucker and a dyson sphere is too much effort compared to seeding a universe and exploiting them.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Seriously, those sphere probably require maintenance or some poo poo and who has time for that?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rick is an insane genius but he's also a shortsighted moron and never puts in more than the bare minimum of work required to do something, which is why he always goes on adventures to fix his perpetual gently caress ups.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah, Rick is very smart but he's also a lazy amoral tool. As mentioned, he's the kind of person who would destroy an entire populated universe just to get a momentary advantage in a foot chase, so if there was a more humane option for generating power it a) probably wouldn't have even occurred to him and b) it taking even thirty seconds longer to execute would probably have clinched the deal for going with the "slavery, but more steps" plan.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I knew Stephen Colbert was a voice in this episode, but I had no idea Nathan Fielder was as well until the final credits. Was he the universe-in-a-universe-in-a-universe version of Rick that killed himself?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That was such a great episode. The summer/ship B-plot was amazing

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, Rick is very smart but he's also a lazy amoral tool. As mentioned, he's the kind of person who would destroy an entire populated universe just to get a momentary advantage in a foot chase, so if there was a more humane option for generating power it a) probably wouldn't have even occurred to him and b) it taking even thirty seconds longer to execute would probably have clinched the deal for going with the "slavery, but more steps" plan.

And it always ends up taking more work and effort in the end anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That was a hell of an episode. Between the melting ghost child, the miniverse destroyed as a distraction and the blatantly enslaved planet at the end, I think this might have been the most hosed-up episode of the show yet.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

:thejoke:
I mean, this is the same episode where everyone wore completely unnecessary disguises to look like aliens :v:.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bowser posted:

:thejoke:
I mean, this is the same episode where everyone wore completely unnecessary disguises to look like aliens :v:.

And where the car has enough energy to protect summer but not fly to the ice cream shop

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

"get ice cream" is not part of the ship's parameters :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CrazyLoon posted:

That whole idea in this episode is from the end of this clip, isn't it?

It's great fun to go through all those old videos and find the germs of ideas that later turned into R&M gags/storylines.

This Harmontown clip has me thinking that the "Auto Erotic Assimilation" episode was Dan's version of a hosed up RomCom. He really really loving hates RomComs :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnygQhtwmHg

Edit: :nws: in case someone needed to be told

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 1, 2015

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

They might have been made by Rick, I mean that gun he made for Krombopulous Michael was very swish looking, but he could also have just stolen that stuff from abandoned alien ships or just aliens he crossed and decided to loot from while leaving. I mean a couple of those guns look like they're just connected to very awkward looking metal plates and hinges. I agree though, being totally made of garbage is more fun.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This Harmontown clip has me thinking that the "Auto Erotic Assimilation" episode was Dan's version of a hosed up RomCom. He really really loving hates RomComs :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnygQhtwmHg

Edit: :nws: in case someone needed to be told

Eh, I don't get that vibe from that episode really. Not just because Rick and Unity actually hook up pretty quick in the episode, with no strings attached (the point being that they used to date already, this was just an old flame thing and why it didn't and can't work). Also because the chief person for 'writing' in the credits is Ryan Ridley as opposed to Harmon.

Funny clip of Harmon going off the rails, tho.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 1, 2015

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's really funny but wow, does he ever sound like a tool. I guess that shouldn't be surprising.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

QwertySanchez posted:

They might have been made by Rick, I mean that gun he made for Krombopulous Michael was very swish looking, but he could also have just stolen that stuff from abandoned alien ships or just aliens he crossed and decided to loot from while leaving. I mean a couple of those guns look like they're just connected to very awkward looking metal plates and hinges. I agree though, being totally made of garbage is more fun.

This and considering Rick is probably an arms dealer for other people besides KM, it doesn't hurt to be flying around advertising his wares. The guns on his car could be like floor models of stuff he sells separately..

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Android Blues posted:

It's really funny but wow, does he ever sound like a tool. I guess that shouldn't be surprising.

If I were completely honest, his stance on romance as a plot point is actually very goony.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm kind of sad for KM's untimely end, he seemed a like a neat character to base a spinoff

Oh boy, here I go killing again! :3:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Yea, and he did nothing wrong too! Trying to kill that goddamn fart that wanted to kill all carbon-based lifeforms (a.k.a. moonmen).

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

If I were completely honest, his stance on romance as a plot point is actually very goony.

Yeah, I don't think he gets that, depending on your perspective, the octopus monster is also ketchup.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Crossposting from the PYF cosplay thread:

I wonder if that Abradolf Lincler actually went out in public in that costume ...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
That's some of the worst cosplaying I have ever seen. Everybody looks like they're just going through the motions.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

That one mech really looked like Timbersaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Irish Joe posted:

That's some of the worst cosplaying I have ever seen. Everybody looks like they're just going through the motions.

Oh I've seen worse ...

Frankly I think it's more in theme if your R+M costume looks like you threw it together out of random trash.

Oh hey I found an Abradolf Lincler out in public:

Edit: I found a Beth and even a few Summers but loving no one wants to be a Jerry. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 1, 2015

• Locked thread