Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

XboxPants posted:

I wondered if that was him. Looks and sounds just like him. Good to see him getting work.

(I mean... I guess it's a video game but other mid-level actors are in it and you actually see his likeness so maybe that's more meaningful than voicing "soldier B" in Military Shooter)

I do like how games seem to be getting relative 'name' actors using stuff like motion capture. TV actors seem to be doing more of that stuff now. Like, I recognise 2 more of the Until Dawn actors (Galadriel Stineman and Nichole Bloom) from Shameless, and Killzone: Shadow Fall had David Harewood from Homeland and Jamie Gray Hyder from True Blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

Given he's an actual human SHIELD agent, yeah, he'd fit great as a cameo.

Though sadly there's no video footage of his true highlight moment:

The funny thing is a lot of movie actors are moving back to TV because TV has gotten better than movies in a lot of cases. The stigma is definitely going away unless you are a ridiculous movie star now like Chris Pratt or Robert Downey Jr.

Also I think TV's budget combined with modern effects have done a lot to even it out, since TV actually has to do a lot of practical effects and it's so refreshing. From the amazing giants in Game of Thrones that look better than the very best Hulk WETA has to offer, to the way they made Mr. Hyde here out of actual honest to God prosthetic when you know in a film they'd gone CGI.. not to mention the insanely good action sequences we're getting (Daredevil and recent AoS beat the utter crap out of 99% of shakey cam filled movies lately).. I am starting to think TV actually looks better than movies.

I think at least with movies, there's some break time but there really isn't a whole lot of downtime for an ongoing TV series. There's probably, at least on network television, some uncertainty in getting renewed whereas with movies the actors typically don't start their work until the movie getting released is a fair certainty.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Is the game first person or third? Fp games give be headaches.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Soonmot posted:

Is the game first person or third? Fp games give be headaches.

Third person, but much of it is cutscenes with QTEs so in some way neither. Though i did see a scene in a video review where you have to shoot a sniper rifle while looking through the scope with the indication that this happens multiple times in the game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm bizarrely disappointed in Until Dawn for not having nudity. It's a slasher movie, if nobody is topless how is the monster supposed to know who to kill first, immersion ruined :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Details On Season 3, with minor spoilers if you don't want to know who (actors and their characters) is coming in, and a basic idea of what Season 3 will entail.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how they say "rogue group of Inhumans" so when they introduce the Royal Family and Attilan in the movie it won't conflict with the series.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I like how they say "rogue group of Inhumans" so when they introduce the Royal Family and Attilan in the movie it won't conflict with the series.

B..bu..but this season will totally tie into the MCU in a meaningful way :qq:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Simmer down, Barry.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

God I hope not.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It will be important and tie in, and it won't. With the way movies work, they probably won't acknowledge it too much if at all. You can fit a lot more into twentysomething hours of storytelling than you can three.

We've also seen the movie people's various attitudes about the television's and vice versa.

Things may change. They also might not.

Man, I should get paid for my leet oracle skillz.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
How did this thread manage to talk about first movie actors doing TV, and then movie actors doing video games, and not mention Kevin Spacey once? :psyduck:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
He's a DC character.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He's a DC character.

:golfclap:

In about 15 years he'll be Professor X.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You'd think there will have to be SOME sort of tie in with randos going inhuman cuz of the show, and that [prediction]leading into Civil War having a bunch of superpowered people all over the place[/prediction]

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hangedman1984 posted:

You'd think there will have to be SOME sort of tie in with randos going inhuman cuz of the show, and that [prediction]leading into Civil War having a bunch of superpowered people all over the place[/prediction]

I'm guessing around the time of Inhumans we will start seeing the tv characters show up as cameos. I mean Daisy has to at some point at the very least.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think at least with movies, there's some break time but there really isn't a whole lot of downtime for an ongoing TV series. There's probably, at least on network television, some uncertainty in getting renewed whereas with movies the actors typically don't start their work until the movie getting released is a fair certainty.

To be honest I could far more easily someone like Renner showing up on a Netflix Marvel show more than an ABC one for those very reasons. If you're on a Netflix show, you are GOING to get a full season, and also I think there's a slightly higher respect level for it.

If they were ever going to bring an Avenger to any of their "street level" series for an episode, he's about the only one that might work.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Blazing Ownager posted:

To be honest I could far more easily someone like Renner showing up on a Netflix Marvel show more than an ABC one for those very reasons. If you're on a Netflix show, you are GOING to get a full season, and also I think there's a slightly higher respect level for it.

If they were ever going to bring an Avenger to any of their "street level" series for an episode, he's about the only one that might work.

I could see Antman, Cap, or Black Widow also working.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What about the MCU tv characters appearing on different shows? Like Daisy showing up to recruit Daredevil or something? More likely than the movie heroes crossing over?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

hangedman1984 posted:

Not really. It just lets them have powered characters without having to explain how they got powers (which 90% of the audience wouldnt care about anyway). In the comics they can just go "This guy has the power to do whatever, hes probably a mutant", but with Fox having most mutant related movie rights that is awkward for marvel. I reckon we'll get a Captain america "Wow, powered people are popping up all over the place" followed by Fury (or coulson or whoever) "SHIELD are monitoring the situation" *looks directly at the camera and "Check your local listings for AGENTS OF SHIELD to see more" flashes up on screen*. but without that last bit.

They might do more, but I dont think they have to. I would think the moviegoing public will be happy enough to just accept "This henchman can lift and throw a VW bus" without having to have a 10 minute origin story, they now have an inbuilt excuse to do that. I wouldnt be at all suprised to at least hear "Agent Daisy Johnston" or "Agent Bobbi Morse" namechecked if someone is reeling off a list of shield assets in a movie or similar though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

With a universe as broad as the MCU and with how they have their properties distributed, I really don't think any hard and fast rules can be applied. This is even more apparent once you start taking actor shooting schedules into account.

They will create connections where it's feasible and where they feel it serves a narrative purpose. Anything beyond that is pure guesswork at this time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should just have some SHIELD cast members film a scene on the movie set, then air it as a "Special exclusive clip from X" as the stinger on the show.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Aphrodite posted:

They should just have some SHIELD cast members film a scene on the movie set, then air it as a "Special exclusive clip from X" as the stinger on the show.

You wouldn't believe the union and corporate contractual poo poo you'd have to go through to get something like this to happen.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

I could see Antman, Cap, or Black Widow also working.

I don't; not only because of the actors involved there, but because they're still at a different level; Cap would be wildly out of his element dropped into a Daredevil plot. They are just too strong.

I could, however, see Hawkeye saying gently caress it if there some one-off big threat (kind of like the Black Sky episode) and jumping in to something like that. Also they wouldn't have to set expectations through the roof should he show up, whereas the others would have to be the primary focus.

MacheteZombie posted:

What about the MCU tv characters appearing on different shows? Like Daisy showing up to recruit Daredevil or something? More likely than the movie heroes crossing over?

The problem is I can't see that happening with the network politics.

ABC is Disney so they NEED a Marvel presence there, but it's clear, Netflix was their attempt at "starting over" thanks to AoS blowing it out of the gate and never 100% recovering despite the quality jump: It is hard as gently caress to convince anyone it's gotten better. So in a way it feels like they want to bury a lot of it. If anyone jumps to the Netflix series, I could see Coulson doing it. People outside of the Avengers have no idea who the gently caress he is, so he could easily pop up and try to recruit some help - since he was known in the movies they might be a little more willing to stretch it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 28, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Blazing Ownager posted:

ABC is Disney so they NEED a Marvel presence there, but it's clear, Netflix was their attempt at "starting over" thanks to AoS blowing it out of the gate and never 100% recovering despite the quality jump

That isn't clear at all and isn't supported by the facts. Daredevil started development before the first episode of AoS ever aired. Ditto for the rest of the Netflix series, they were announced after only a handful of AoS episodes aired.

The netflix strategy is clear. They could make series out of C list superheros that they know people won't stick to week to week but would be happy to binge.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It's already established that the movie and TV universes are linked. Outside of coulson, I don't anyone will show up in a movie. None of these people will cause someone to say "hey maybe I should go see this since I wasn't planning on it before."

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Finally indoctrinating my friend into AoS and I'm realizing that they really went deep into the foreshadowing. It's all there, Ward's treachery, Raina's ability, pretty much everything important straight into some setup for the 3rd season stuff way back in the last 5 episodes of season 1.

Looking forward to where it's going.

e: Also the other shield was set up in Providence, the episode directly after Turn, Turn, Turn.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 1, 2015

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

It's already established that the movie and TV universes are linked. Outside of coulson, I don't anyone will show up in a movie. None of these people will cause someone to say "hey maybe I should go see this since I wasn't planning on it before."

I'm pretty sure every Marvel hero will show up in Infinity War, even if it's just a cameo. Those movies are their big crossover films and what everything is building towards.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

kayakyakr posted:

Finally indoctrinating my friend into AoS and I'm realizing that they really went deep into the foreshadowing. It's all there, Ward's treachery, Raina's ability, pretty much everything important straight into some setup for the 3rd season stuff way back in the last 5 episodes of season 1.

Looking forward to where it's going.

e: Also the other shield was set up in Providence, the episode directly after Turn, Turn, Turn.

I don't remember anything guns from season 1, aside from Doctor Franklin, that haven't already been fired by the end of season 2. Could post what specifically it foreshadowed for season 3?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Slashrat posted:

I don't remember anything guns from season 1, aside from Doctor Franklin, that haven't already been fired by the end of season 2. Could post what specifically it foreshadowed for season 3?

Don't forget that discount Iceman is still out there. Coulson's love of collecting powered people is hinted at. I'm sure, once the season airs, that more stuff will become apparent, though I won't give them too much credit for it, considering that they probably thought that they were just setting up stuff in season 2 that got pushed back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We just kinda forgot about the first installment of the dubsmash charity wars.

https://www.crowdrise.com/dubsmashwars

Agent Carter has the first video up.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Sneak peak at season 3. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/marvels-agents-of-shield-season-3-128355448125.html

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mack owns.

Doesn't take any poo poo from no powered fool

Edit: Also

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lash_%28Inhuman%29_%28Earth-616%29

And if he's Lash, then the fire guy is probably

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Dante_%28Inhuman%29_%28Earth-616%29

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 5, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skye wears a shield suit and officially goes by Daisy. That's quite great. I was never a big fan of monosyllabic names.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 6, 2015

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

Skye wears a shield suit and officially goes by Daisy. That's quite great. I was never a big fan, of monosyllabic names.

I hope this is setting up a "THATS NOT MY NAME" before she quakes the poo poo out of something (ward).

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Daisy's hair, noooooooo :negative:.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

NowonSA posted:

Daisy's hair, yessssssssssss :getin:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

NowonSA posted:

THAT'S NOT HER MANE

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Oh, hey, the soundtrack is finally out on iTunes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
My love of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is very well documented, but I will say that this series and the films have some of the most boring-rear end music, like god drat. Brian Tyler's stuff is pretty good, but Ramin Djawadi and Bear McCreary are the worst

• Locked thread