Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

LEGO Genetics posted:

I would like light step if upon taking it my companions got it as well.

Seriously ED-E you are a floating eyebot how do you trigger a drat tripwire?

ED-E not having automatic light step seems like an obvious mistake by dev team. What on earth rope kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

ED-E not having automatic light step seems like an obvious mistake by dev team. What on earth rope kid?

Gravitational field from floating. Physics!

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."

Mordaedil posted:

At the very least they made sure Cazadores do not trigger land mines. Finding that out firsthand is a fun surprise.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm pretty sure everyone has misunderstood and it's not "skills in line X requires your SPECIAL to be X". I assume that each point you can add in a specific skill is gated by increasing SPECIAL requirements, so taking Hacking 1 might require 4 INT but Hacking 2 might require 6 INT. Light Step is probably like 5 Agility and has one tier.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shoddycast released their interview with the male protagonist's voice actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc5lUfy1CZI

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

I remember back in F3 this one sprint mod let you run fast enough that you'd be out of the explosion radius.

I can recall outrunning the blast, at least far enough to not take damage, in sneak mode in F3 after I got Agility to 10. No mods, though.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Mines take longer to explode the higher your Demolition skill.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

7c Nickel posted:

Mines take longer to explode the higher your Demolition skill.

Yep, I would regularly just walk through them when I was playing my illiterate pyromaniac build.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Rabidredneck posted:

Newspost on Gamesradar showed someone has made a Fallout 4 planner. I'm gonna be spending a fair amount of time playing with this.

EDIT: still a work in progress, but it's something useful at least.
I must be missing something because there is no content on the page.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
anything at pax?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Inverness posted:

I must be missing something because there is no content on the page.

It's been taken down because T. Howard doesn't want there to be a character builder available until after Bethesda officially announces "Water Chips", a purchasable currency that will allow you to buy additional SPECIAL points and even unlock otherwise unavailable perks.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I think everyone has missed a crucial issue here. What's the status on No-Bark Noonan?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Dez Orwell posted:

I think everyone has missed a crucial issue here. What's the status on No-Bark Noonan?

He's got his own radio show now, somewhere west of the Rockies.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dez Orwell posted:

Remember that dude from Hardware who spends most of his time sitting in a darkroom spying on the female lead, pawing the sweat off of his jowls, and lazily masturbating?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Dez Orwell posted:

He's now Non-Canon Noonan

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Magmarashi posted:

He's now Non-Canon Noonan

He was always Non-Canon Noonan.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Dez Orwell posted:

Deep in the bowels of the Commonwealth Inquisition chambers, a captive John Fallout wrestles with his holo-manicles. The technowizards--frail old men with cold, cruel hearts--have been torturing John to reveal the whereabouts of the Cyborg Underground Railroad. Just then the cell door opens and a frocked shape shuffles into the room accompanied by the whirring of a vibro-blade. The stranger licks his lips erratically as he studies John. "I never trust a man who only answers propositions with the eatin' of food. No, no, no--now we've got to cut you open and spill out your secrets."

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Deep in the bowels of the Commonwealth Inquisition chambers, a captive John Fallout wrestles with his holo-manicles. The technowizards--frail old men with cold, cruel hearts--have been torturing John to reveal the whereabouts of the Cyborg Underground Railroad. Just then the cell door opens and a frocked shape shuffles into the room accompanied by the whirring of a vibro-blade. The stranger licks his lips erratically as he studies John. "I never trust a man who only answers propositions with the eatin' of food. No, no, no--now we've got to cut you open and spill out your secrets."

I've got spuuuuuuuuuuurs

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Great film.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Flaky posted:

Great film.

Still love that Stigmata track.
Post apocolypse Mr Handy needs an American flag head stencil.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Something quick but amusing, found a youtube video with a Mr. Matty posting two outtakes from the voice actors, apparently from a podcast they were in. I skipped most of his talking to the point where he's providing context for the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRRxTBNZ9g

edit: Well I TRIED to skip, but the timestamp won't translate for some reason. Skip to 31 seconds in.

Rabidredneck fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 1, 2015

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I am glad Joe fallout will be able to deliver angry f-bombs with the proper emotion at least.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Light Step is a great quality of life perk and I will always take it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rabidredneck posted:

Something quick but amusing, found a youtube video with a Mr. Matty posting two outtakes from the voice actors, apparently from a podcast they were in. I skipped most of his talking to the point where he's providing context for the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRRxTBNZ9g

edit: Well I TRIED to skip, but the timestamp won't translate for some reason. Skip to 31 seconds in.

I worry this will mean the game will suck bad.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

I worry this will mean the game will suck bad.

What? Why?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Obsidian is not making it :reject:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

Lol

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Those outtakes weren't particularly funny or anything.

frajaq posted:

Yeah, and that, but that is something I've come to terms with.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

Those outtakes weren't particularly funny or anything.

But what does that have to go with the game?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

But what does that have to go with the game?

A game is the sum of its parts, and when its parts involve a male VA who keeps unironically pronouncing it "a nuc-you-lar RPG" and a female VA who's saying the "N-word" every thirty seconds, it doesn't bode well for the sum.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A game is the sum of its parts, and when its parts involve a male VA who keeps unironically pronouncing it "a nuc-you-lar RPG" and a female VA who's saying the "N-word" every thirty seconds, it doesn't bode well for the sum.

Lol

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Fallout 4 is in all likelihood going to be loving amazing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

Fallout 4 is in all likelihood going to be loving amazing.

I wish I had your confidence based on absolutely no evidence.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm pretty certain Fallout 4 will be A Video Game.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

sout posted:

I'm pretty certain Fallout 4 will be A Video Game.

Cite sources please TIA

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mordaedil posted:

I wish I had your confidence based on absolutely no evidence.

I'm glad I don't have your pessimism based on absolutely no evidence.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm glad I don't have your pessimism based on absolutely no evidence.

Counterpoint: Bethesda made Oblivion.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

Counterpoint: Bethesda made Oblivion.

Oblivion was good.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Fallacy of composition. Just because one/more of the VAs has some undesirable qualities does not mean the game will also have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Oblivion and FO3 were both good and fun games.

• Locked thread