Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Real Madrid/Perez official statement coming soon apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Man Utd can still buy Navas today and Real can still loan De Gea (with a huge loan fee perhaps)... why not do that :confused:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ewar Woowar posted:

The only reason they'd do that on purpose is so no other club came in for him I'm guessing. But was there ever anyone else showing interest? I'm pretty sure they'd have got him on a free regardless.

It doesn't make any sense for United to sabotage it either. They've got a ton of keepers already and they're basically throwing away thirty million pounds (but enough about Martial)

Honestly I think it was a genuine gently caress up. Woodward has a history of it after all...

De Gea to Madrid is one of these rare destiny moves (like our Ron) and it can only be them. Barcelona would have been the only rivals but as they have Ter Stegen that's them out. Juve will go Italian to replace Buffon most likely but iirc he is still in decent shape.

Only loser yesterday was Manchester United. The money being talked about (if true) was the best possible outcome and it would have been in their interest for it to work.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

trem_two posted:

Ha, Villareal signed Bonera for some reason.

*in tired joke voice* to help them get past a semi

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
aka taff voice haha

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Players that could have improved or added depth at Arsenal - such as Kondogbia or Schneiderlin - were available earlier in the window, but not now. Silly to hold one's breath at this point.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

PirateBob posted:

Man Utd can still buy Navas today and Real can still loan De Gea (with a huge loan fee perhaps)... why not do that :confused:

Non domestic loan deals are counted as permanent transfers with regardless to when in the window they can be done. Also presumably player registration in Spain was finalised yesterday

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

julian assflange posted:

De Gea to Madrid is one of these rare destiny moves (like our Ron) and it can only be them. Barcelona would have been the only rivals but as they have Ter Stegen that's them out. Juve will go Italian to replace Buffon most likely but iirc he is still in decent shape.

Only loser yesterday was Manchester United. The money being talked about (if true) was the best possible outcome and it would have been in their interest for it to work.

Manchester United will benefit more from an extra season of De Gea in goal, than the money they would get. Not signing Navas is another bonus as they can now spend all year chasing their ideal replacement, rather than settle on the best goalkeeper who was available on deadline day.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shitshow posted:

Players that could have improved or added depth at Arsenal - such as Kondogbia or Schneiderlin - were available earlier in the window, but not now. Silly to hold one's breath at this point.

Schneiderlin not going to Arsenal really did seem like a major blunder. Didn't even put up at fight to try and sign him.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TyrantWD posted:

Manchester United will benefit more from an extra season of De Gea in goal, than the money they would get. Not signing Navas is another bonus as they can now spend all year chasing their ideal replacement, rather than settle on the best goalkeeper who was available on deadline day.

If his focus is gone the de Gea could be a liability. Romero has done fine so far we are playing Daley Blind as a CB after all.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
'arry still delivers deadline day gold

http://clips.kicca.com/g/v/zPqn0vqIi15

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
follow some Chelsea accounts for a laugh were signing Michael Hector from Reading too in addition to that Papy guy. it's gonna be meltdowns syndrome to the highest power today

edit: and Michael Hector is being loaned back to Reading

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 1, 2015

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

4 competitions and half the team gone/loaned out. Injuries are going to gently caress us if Rooney and a 19 year old don't.

julian assflange posted:

If his focus is gone the de Gea could be a liability. Romero has done fine so far we are playing Daley Blind as a CB after all.

The only reason Romero is perceived as having done fine is because of the midfield and defence being relatively solid. He's shaky on the ball and has terrible ball distribution. His flaws were exposed during the Swansea game.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
City will walk the league :...(

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Don't worry, Aguero will get injured and Yaya will stop giving a poo poo in due time

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao

chia
Dec 23, 2005

He fat

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
glad to see him back in england ready to troll teams with a goal or two.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

gotta get the bread and milk

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hot moobs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ape Gone Insane posted:

The only reason Romero is perceived as having done fine is because of the midfield and defence being relatively solid. He's shaky on the ball and has terrible ball distribution. His flaws were exposed during the Swansea game.

Reminder that De Gea let an easily saveable shot go past him for Swansea's winner at the start of last season as well.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

500 new posts, I figured we must've signed Bale or something... :(

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Did Utd really send Wilson out on loan? Feel like they're deliberately taking the piss getting rid of all these strikers and not replacing them

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Did Utd really send Wilson out on loan? Feel like they're deliberately taking the piss getting rid of all these strikers and not replacing them

No you see they signed the new Zidane/Henry for infinity euros so really they've come out ahead.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

he's my favourite player in the league op

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Palace announced Glenn Murray's transfer to Bournemouth.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

hadji murad posted:

follow some Chelsea accounts for a laugh were signing Michael Hector from Reading too in addition to that Papy guy. it's gonna be meltdowns syndrome to the highest power today

edit: and Michael Hector is being loaned back to Reading

He's a decent CB but isn't getting anywhere near their first team any time soon, seems bizarre but we'll take the money at this point I guess

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Real Madrid released a statement:

quote:

After the events of yesterday in relation to the alleged signing of David De Gea, Real Madrid wish to state:

1. Manchester United did not open negotiations for the rights of David De Gea until yesterday morning.

2. Real Madrid, despite the difficulties of an operation of this kind on the last day of registration, agreed to these conversations.

3. When Manchester United entered this negotiation yesterday morning it was subject to an agreement with Real Madrid player Keylor Navas to join the British club this season, and reports that they were in contact with representatives of the aforementioned player.

4. Real Madrid and Manchester United reached a rapid agreement on the transfer of both players. After the drafting of the relevant contractual documents required to proceed with sufficient time to process both the FIFA Transfer Matching System [TMS] and registration with the Spanish Football League [LFP], Real Madrid forwarded the contracts to Manchester United at 13.39 Spanish time.

5. Manchester United sent its contracts eight hours later, at 21.43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. Not being relevant, all changes were accepted immediately by Real Madrid with the intention to register the player with both the TMS and the LFP.

6. After signatures from both David De Gea and Keylor Navas, Real Madrid sent the English club said contracts signed at 23.32 Spanish time. We then waited to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

7. Manchester United reached a final agreement with representatives of Keylor Navas at 23.53 Spanish time and it was at that time the contract was sent to the player to be signed.

8. Manchester United entered into the TMS data for the transfer of David De Gea at 00.00 Spanish time, not those of Keylor Navas, simultaneously sending to Madrid the signed contracts. Real Madrid received the full documentation at 00.02 Spanish time and tries to access the TMS but it is already closed.

9. At 00.26 Spanish time the computer system of the TMS invites Real Madrid to file the documentation of David De Gea, given that the transfer window remains open in England. Real Madrid, in the possible event of a contentious transfer, decides to refer the contracts to the LFP, knowing the time had expired.

10. In the final analysis, Real Madrid have done everything necessary, and at all times, to carry out these two transfers.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

trem_two posted:

Real Madrid released a statement:

nice meltdown

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Can free agents still sign for La Liga clubs? It would be pretty funny if de gea bought out his contract and moved on a free.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao they're melting down because of their gently caress up ahaha.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Can free agents still sign for La Liga clubs? It would be pretty funny if de gea bought out his contract and moved on a free.

UEFA would massively fine Real Madrid since theres a clause that says anyone moving to a team after buying out their contract is in breach of some rule somewhere.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Real Madrid put a statement out re: David De Gea: http://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2015/09/comunicado-oficial

It's in spanish so idk what it says

e: beaten, ugh

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Bit small time from utd tbh

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Hope we can fuse the persona's of Papy and Hector into the defender we actually need

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Mmmm Vydra has arrived at Reading https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/638699378178400256 it's happening we are going to score goals for once

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
This might sounds a bit ABU of me, but I'm really glad man United have quickly descended into a club full of clowns.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
lmao small time clubs

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

hadji murad posted:

Hope we can fuse the persona's of Papy and Hector into the defender we actually need

The result would certainly be a Heapy combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

The result would certainly be a Heapy combination.

The Crap Pot

• Locked thread