Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Washout posted:

Someone really needs to do a better newbie guide in the OP. Something like MAX PALADIN FIRST

But Paladin is such a boring, slog of a class to play. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Slaan posted:

But Paladin is such a boring, slog of a class to play. :(

Then literally play any other class to max and use your universals for Paladin. Or do promos and poo poo for them.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Paladin gets a bit better as you get more talents I find. Certainly rolling kinetic solo is brutal. Also the benefit of having a paladin ready to go is you don't have to put up with pubbie tanking. Its like taking the aggro stuff morally offends them somehow.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Solo kinetic is easy, though? I only really have problems with bosses that have high auto-attack damage, like phytos. In which case I can switch out to LB quickly.

What does the pally symbol do anyways? Almost maxed my lightbringer so might as well as begin on Pally with the extra shards when I go support.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You can look them all up in your symbol thing but the Paladin one makes you immune to all damage for 4 seconds every 70 seconds.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Slaan posted:

Solo kinetic is easy, though? I only really have problems with bosses that have high auto-attack damage, like phytos. In which case I can switch out to LB quickly.

What does the pally symbol do anyways? Almost maxed my lightbringer so might as well as begin on Pally with the extra shards when I go support.
Once every ninety seconds it will negate a hit that would have done more than ten percent of your health in damage, and make you immune to damage entirely for four seconds.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Washout posted:

Someone really needs to do a better newbie guide in the OP. Something like MAX PALADIN FIRST and SELL ALL ETHER CORES THEY ARE REVAMPING THE SYSTEM LATER, and finally TO GET MORE SPARKS JUST PLAY THE GAME IT GETS SUPER EASY TO HIT THE CAP AFTER YOUR SECOND WEEK.

Also don't ever play cryomancer except to get the 200 kills for the quest, it's the worst class and I wasted so much on it, and it's symbol is terrible.

Drinkfist posted:

FAQ

Q: How long does it take to unlock a new class?
A: Given how spark caps work you will be able to unlock one of the four classes within your first week if you spend you sparks carefully. Kinetic, Slayer, Archer and Necromancer are within range to be reached in the first week. Unfortunately you will probably be bankrupt on class/insight sparks so even if you do unlock them within the first week they will not have much in the way of abilities. By the start of your second week when the cap refreshes you will easily be able to flesh out one of those four classes. The Warlock/Witch, Alchemist, Monk, Gunner, Knight and Beserker are quite far from the starting area so if you are gunning for one of those class unlocks then expect it to take about 2-3 weeks. Although this information will make players piss and moan about the system as well as deter them from even playing the loving game I still consider the game easily playable. The Three starting classes are decent and I believe everyone should have a support or tank class at their disposal as they progress seeing as how it makes group formatting so goddam easy. Did I mention that fully unlocking paladin gives you a symbol passive that blocks ALL damage for four seconds if you take a hit above 10% of your life and it has a 70 second cooldown?

Q: I am progressing very slowly.
A: Not a problem. In the early stages of the game rewards are quite small and your selection of unlocked maps and areas are tiny. As you increase your Prestige (Number in bottom left of your UI, Essentially your power level in this game) you will start to realize a snowball effect where the rewards and prestige gains increase much faster. Think of it as a crawl,walk,run progression.

Q: Thease starter classes are boring!
A: You picked the cryomancer didn't you. You can switch to any other class at any time. Do it.

Q: But my cryomancer is super fun!
A: Don't you loving lie to me.

Q: Well then who is the good starting class?
A: Paladin is a rock star. Figure out how your combos work and you can almost never die with constant shields and immortality abilities at your disposal. Expect active melee fights.
A: Lightbinders are piles of utility. They have tons of CC and some stupid flashy moves. They also shoot a Kamehameha beam. They are a great support class with damage buffs and barriers.

I already cover most of this. The problem is that you fucks can't be bothered to read it.

Besides the Either core poo poo because I am not updating bullshit on planned future fixes. When it comes, it comes.

The only thing lacking from the OP and FAQ posts are my total bias for Necromancers being the best class in the game. But watching all of you struggle and squirm during harder poo poo and then turn to me and say that my class doesn't do damage while you watch dead as I self resurrect and proceed to clean up the mess you left on my dinner table alone and without help is just too entertaining.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 31, 2015

Hobbitron
Jul 6, 2005

Fool of a Took!
I'm slowly understanding how things work in this game with all the currencies, caps, and the order that I just unlocked, but I had a question about the weekly cap for insight sparks.

I had about 400 or so remaining when I started up the Naori Island for the first time. About halfway through the island I checked it again and saw it was at 0, so I thought I'd just exit and come back after the reset so I don't miss out on the rest of the insight rewards for the region. The next day I was reading up on things you can do before the cap is reset, and one of the suggestions was to build up your order to gain more prestige. Before I re-enter the game and leave that region to get the appropriate materials for doing order missions I was wondering how the insight cap limit is implemented.

If your remaining weekly insights are 35 and you start a solo adventure that awards 90 for example, would you only receive 35 sparks or the full 90? Would the same apply for regions, or only the quests inside of regions? There are so many quests inside of Naori Island compared to the earlier ones that it seems like a waste to leave halfway through, especially if I don't need too.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

The caps in this game only apply to new rewards. Have a cap of 50 but get rewarded 100, and you get 100. Your cap next week is based on your cap this week + whatever the russian oligarchs decide is a fair weekly cap. So if you get 300 cap a week and week one you break thew cap by 50 as above next weeks cap is 600 and you start at 350 allowing you to gain 250 that week.

This means you can cheat the system to unlock something important a bit early but in the long run you are in the same position as everyone else that started the same week as you.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The main issue with the whole cap system is that new incoming players are unable to catch up to the players that started week one. This issue has been slightly fixed in the RU version with a catch up system that allots you Extra sparks that the people ahead of you in spark cap.

The other issue is the deal with new players having to ramp up their spark income rate. Where you start the game seeing spark rewards in the double digits and slowly unlocking higher difficulties that reward into the triple digits for sparks. There is also doing group missions and multiplier missions that can net you thousands of sparks in a single run.

The key is just keep playing and pushing up your prestige in the early portions of the game and then it becomes much easier to progress once you get momentum. Unlocking classes that you would enjoy playing and changing up the gameplay also helps break the monotony of repeating dungeons. We have lost a large number of players to the start of the game due to poor starting class selection and lack of any good map spread.

Once you hit god form at 30k prestige you will have access to:

All Squad Maps
Nearly All Region Maps (The last one unlocks at 60k)
All Group Mission Maps
All PvP Maps
One Raid (The other unlocks at a much higher prestige)
Hostile Territories (A Terrible 5 man hunting region)
Invasion Events (Some of these are super hard 3 man and 5 man missions)

With Distortions, another region, another raid and high resist invasion maps all currently in the game for players that push past 30k Prestige to look forward to doing. There is still no end of the content the game offers.

They also got Guild Wars, Pantheon Changes, Core changes, and Order Events in the RU that will land here sometime in the future.

Class changes announcement just dropped today in fact.
https://sf.mail.ru/news/1196.html

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 31, 2015

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Terrible google translate of the above:

https://translate.google.com/transl...t-text=&act=url

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It sounds like they are planning to add more burst DPS to most classes and tone down the burst damage of the Kinetic, Archer and Berserker.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Spunky posted:

We are working on the next major follow up patch right now. Since our updates for now are typically catch-up passes (a collection of RU's patches) we are looking to release them on a consistent basis.

As soon as we've locked down the upcoming date and are 100 percent sure of the patches contents (catch-up system being one of the included features) we will let the community know as well.

https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55e410e8ac725671d345766f/3?page=1

Well looks like we may get the catch up system in the next big patch.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Drinkfist posted:

Class changes announcement just dropped today in fact.
https://sf.mail.ru/news/1196.html

Looks like their first set of changes will be a revamp of how Alchemist and Lightbinder buffs work and a Gunner, which is currently generally regarded as the worst PvE class by RU players, redesign.

The buff revamp aims to give those two classes main stats which their buffs will benefit but not directly draw from. Alchemist is Spirit/Luck + Discharge Activation, Lightbinder is Spirit/Valor + Temper. Sucks for planning but it means that everyone isn't automatically forced to go Strength/Luck to benefit from Alchemist/Lightbinder buffs.

Seems their goal is to give every class specialized main stats, though. Gunner will be Strength/Valor with (I presume) secondary stats to match.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 1, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Also I logged on and noticed you guys haven't voted me (Erich Zann) out of power, so someone please start a vote to do this; I tried it myself to no avail. I have and will have for the foreseeable future at best 6 hours a week to dedicate to gaming, most of which will go towards new releases, so I'm effectively just delaying votes from going through at this point.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Once you hit god form at 30k prestige you will have access to:

Running the same poo poo you've been running for the last 30k prestige killing the same enemies except now they have more HP n stuff :shobon:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Liberatore posted:

Seems their goal is to give every class specialized main stats, though. Gunner will be Strength/Valor with (I presume) secondary stats to match.

That's loving stupid and kills that entire switch classes whenever you want thing. Unless you want to carry and farm a ton of different rings to keep around. Forcing you to try different builds or just accepting not being able to play some classes isn't the way to go. I mean it kind of depends on how much of an impact it will have but less choices are always bad and they should be trying to make every class work with any stat equally well.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 1, 2015

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Hobbitron posted:

I'm slowly understanding how things work in this game with all the currencies, caps, and the order that I just unlocked, but I had a question about the weekly cap for insight sparks.

I had about 400 or so remaining when I started up the Naori Island for the first time. About halfway through the island I checked it again and saw it was at 0, so I thought I'd just exit and come back after the reset so I don't miss out on the rest of the insight rewards for the region. The next day I was reading up on things you can do before the cap is reset, and one of the suggestions was to build up your order to gain more prestige. Before I re-enter the game and leave that region to get the appropriate materials for doing order missions I was wondering how the insight cap limit is implemented.

If your remaining weekly insights are 35 and you start a solo adventure that awards 90 for example, would you only receive 35 sparks or the full 90? Would the same apply for regions, or only the quests inside of regions? There are so many quests inside of Naori Island compared to the earlier ones that it seems like a waste to leave halfway through, especially if I don't need too.

Once you're capped out on sparks of insight all the region rewards will give you spark replicators instead. I'm not sure how it handles the exact reward where you hit the cap, but I suppose the fair thing would be to split it between sparks and replicators. I'm doing a region at the cap right now. It's not a big deal. With all these replicators I'm building up I'll hit the cap really fast after the reset regardless of how many rewards I waste now. The important thing is to keep prestige moving I think. Your order and the higher prestige gear you find on Naori Island will keep you progressing through story for a quite while without sparks of insight, especially if you haven't capped class sparks yet.

edit: I guess the area completions give sparks of transformation instead.

sakeyake fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 1, 2015

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Running the same poo poo you've been running for the last 30k prestige killing the same enemies except now they have more HP n stuff :shobon:

No at 30k prestige all the enemy models turn blue and have more particle effects so its completely different.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anal Papist posted:

No at 30k prestige all the enemy models turn blue and have more particle effects so its completely different.

Are these particle effects powered by Nvidia PHYSX? Because if they don't completely blind you like the particle effects in Warframe I don't want to play.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

They were all designed to be occulus rift compatible so they blind you in 3D. Russia being a bleak and wintery hellhole the developers really wanted decadent westerners to experience the true majesty of snow blindness.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I super care about the models of the enemies that I'm barely looking at in combat.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Half the challenge of this game is responding to telegraphed attacks so maybe you should care.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hrrm, yes, some variance in the things I'm going to be doing ad nauseam. Get the gently caress out of here decadent westerner.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Serious question time. Have they fixed the delay between damage calculations and animations? That is, is damage still calculated at time of cast vs. time of impact. This was by far the thing that drove me crazy in this game.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
My inability to get groups for MSM/DF is severely diminishing my enjoyment of this game.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I think the greater mass of players has reached a high enough prestige to do other 5-mans and collectively decided to say gently caress both of those terrible places.

I mean DF isn't actually that bad but it does require your DPS to not be braindead so clearly it must be shunned. I have no good things to say about MSM.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Melanion posted:

I think the greater mass of players has reached a high enough prestige to do other 5-mans and collectively decided to say gently caress both of those terrible places.

I mean DF isn't actually that bad but it does require your DPS to not be braindead so clearly it must be shunned. I have no good things to say about MSM.

I just get so aroused when I see MSM with the 3x bonus which would give me like 900 sparks vs. the solo adventures which are so rarely 3x.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I wouldn't mind MSM if it didn't keep on getting my tablet/ring drops for the day.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Melanion posted:

I think most of the player base has given up on random five mans as a waste of time

Rajazan
Sep 19, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

This is the list I have on a notepad on my desktop.

Dilbert Dourden
Fish Pockets
Yap Snap
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Cherry Poppins
The Phallomancer
Not Cool
Logan Shade
Literally Yourdad <--- GOT EM
Farty Jackson <--- GOT EM
Funny Fatguy <--- GOT EM
Cupnoodle King <--- GOT EM
Langly Ayanami <---- GOT EM
Trumpous Maximus <--- GOT EM
Gas Stove <--- GOT EM
Helba Montagne <---- GOT EM
Ohrin Dearmeh <--- GOT EM
Rock Mchardslab <--- GOT EM
Alys Brangwin <-- GOT EM
Trill Talen <--- GOT EM
Aye Veriley <--- GOT EM
Boo Urns <--- GOT EM
Parallel Parkinsons <--- GOT EM
Leonan Elrorn <--- GOT EM
Shiro Ichida <-- GOT EM
Shad Barrick <--- GOT EM
Lucci Snow <--- GOT EM
Pyke Fish <--- GOT EM
Mollester Alone <--- GOT EM
Erika Desade <--- GOT EM
Ristoph Amirus <--- GOT EM
Devlin Huer <--- GOT EM
Taliya Rose <--- GOT EM
Stonewall Jack <--- GOT EM
QTMEDEA BABESIXNINE <--- GOT EM
Anime Cancer <--- GOT EM
Applied Darwinism <--- GOT EM
Zombie Princess <--- GOT EM

I have been trying to catch all of you but some of you fucks won't come out of the tall grass and into mumble. I am also lacking Ultra Balls to complete this analogy. If you are not on my list then I must have missed you in the thread somehow and still suggest you just loving get into mumble and bitch at me. I have not been on at night because of all this loving night contracts I have been catching. I have been sitting here in mumble by myself with this silence due to guild chat being fixed and no one having any more good jokes to say.

The problem with my chat is that I have about 100+ people that have sent me PMs and the whole thing has dicked me up. I am gonna try that trash can thing in the browser to see if it clears all you garbage people out.

Could I snag an invite? IGN: Daeman Rajazan

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I like how they reset your spark cap and then immediately take down the servers for maintenance every week, wouldn't want to reverse the order of that maybe? I would stay up and play but oh you can't...

And thanks for running qqq for my tablet and rings, got em both before the server went offline!

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I would appreciate an invite as Lib Holt, as well.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I try to do MSM/DF when they have triple sparks or the tablet/ring/whatever bonus. Other times I try to avoid it like the plague. I feel like I'll be unable to complete them if I'm not the person going Lightbinder into it, I'm just lucky that each time the Paladin could hold threat.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

:siren:DO NOT VOTE TO TURN OFF THE EITHER PROJECTOR AND DO NOT TURN ON THE SQUARE:siren:

Lewtt just misclicked. The square will blow a fuse and turning off the Projector will lock us out of invasions.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Also I can't buy the little things that make my sucky adepts suck less anymore. You should fix that.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

:siren:DO NOT VOTE TO TURN OFF THE EITHER PROJECTOR AND DO NOT TURN ON THE SQUARE:siren:

Lewtt just misclicked. The square will blow a fuse and turning off the Projector will lock us out of invasions.

Alcoholic is clearly scared of the power of TRUMP square, and fears becoming the next victim of president elect TRUMP.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Please vote with your hearts. You know what to do.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anal Papist posted:

Alcoholic is clearly scared of the power of TRUMP square, and fears becoming the next victim of president elect TRUMP.

Shokugeki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

• Locked thread