Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

ruffz posted:

But there's a big difference, EVE is still a successful game after 12 years.

depends on how you define successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

depends on how you define successful

Considering it still uses the subscription model and has enough staff to crank out regular updates, I'd say that's pretty successful in today's MMO market.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
By that metric Ultima Online is still successful

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Uziduke posted:

Since HS is going away, does thta mean we cna now run more than one client on a PC? That was one of my main issue about the game.

From what i have read, it is already gone and yes, people are multi-clienting quite well.

One thing about the game is that it takes up very little resources when minimised, (but takes way more than it needs when running)

Wonder if there will be any hack/bot protection at all for the new servers. lol, my guess is no as they want people to be able to log in.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hack shield never stopped anyone from multi-clienting anyway, just made you jump through some hoops to do it. Hoops that take about three seconds to google and maybe half an hour to set up.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

SumYungGui posted:

Hack shield never stopped anyone from multi-clienting anyway, just made you jump through some hoops to do it. Hoops that take about three seconds to google and maybe half an hour to set up.

Just like any hack protection ever.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Morglon posted:

Just like any hack protection ever.

Which is basically why it's funny they keep adding this poo poo in.

Godspeed, you glorious asian developers :911:

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

SumYungGui posted:

I wonder if that was developed after I quit. There was a few people including my self that bought 2x 150 packs and we couldn't figure out how to get 2 clients one 1 pc.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uziduke posted:

I wonder if that was developed after I quit. There was a few people including my self that bought 2x 150 packs and we couldn't figure out how to get 2 clients one 1 pc.

it was being done from day one of the US launch. The way I was shown was to spoof verification with a stripped down version of HS.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

People were running a VM as well in order to get 2 clients running on 1 machine.

personally i couldnt see the point unless you are like those guys doing 3 toons on wagons running packs, but seriously, youd be spending all your time organising and farming that poo poo, why bother.

My thoughts were always

if you didnt have those extra 2 accounts, you wouldnt need to run trade packs 24/7 to buy the apex to support the extra two accounts.

But i guess thats what these guys liked to do.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you never did it you dont have any concept of how much richer they were than you. You make the apex in a few hours easily, in 1 run if you arent stupid

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Which is basically why it's funny they keep adding this poo poo in.

Godspeed, you glorious asian developers :911:

That's what happens when a higher up in a "hack protection" company is on a government panel and gets the programs required by law. :v:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxtool posted:

if you never did it you dont have any concept of how much richer they were than you. You make the apex in a few hours easily, in 1 run if you arent stupid

Video game rich lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PCOS Bill posted:

Video game rich lol

Video game rich can turn into RL money tho. Cashing out of archeage paid for half my new computer.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

Video game rich can turn into RL money tho. Cashing out of archeage paid for half my new computer.

Going to work IRL for a couple hours paid for mine

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

PCOS Bill posted:

running a script in diablo 3 while I was at work paid for mine

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

Why even do anything for fun, I can make more money at work

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
UGH THIS GAME IS SO HORRIBLE I NEED TO GRIND MORE GOLD TO MAKE MORE MONEY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game is really bad

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

PCOS Bill posted:

must be a really cheap computer

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

Too bad your dignity is gone forever

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

must be a really cheap computer

Okay, closer to a week's pay

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Too bad your dignity is gone forever

:negative:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought several guns with my AA money. Now when I go on tilt and threaten to murder someone I can back it up :911:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fauxtool posted:

I bought several guns with my AA money. Now when I go on tilt and threaten to murder someone I can back it up :911:

And playing AA gave you the PTSD to do it!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Stand your ground when they merge servers

Castle Doctrine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone told me there is a fresh start server coming out for this, but they still have all the pay to win and cash shop poo poo in it

so why are they adding a server after they are closing other servers

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

someone told me there is a fresh start server coming out for this, but they still have all the pay to win and cash shop poo poo in it

they are bad at managing a mmo/ good at making money

current players will surely flock to it and pay more

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

They are closing 6 servers, merging these into 3. Pretty much new start other than the fact that you will have all your gear and any land you have now will be packaged so that you can place it and it is pre built (ie, all the land hackers will own everything in 1-2 minutes of server going live)

The fresh start server everyone starts at lvl 1. Apparently they think people have been asking for this. But like you say, there is all the pay to win still in it, and they have made no effort to deal with the hack/cheats that made the other servers pieces of crap.

You will also need to rush the story quests as the 16x16 trade run quest is now a lvl 30 quest.

I wonder if they have fixed the issues with certain story quest mobs/interactives only being able to be done by one person at a time.

I remember those que's to do the quests lol.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meskhenet posted:

I wonder if they have fixed the issues with certain story quest mobs/interactives only being able to be done by one person at a time.

Does it cost money to fix?
Will it make them any money to fix?

No they wont be fixing it

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
In theory fixing stuff like that makes players enjoy the game and stick around longer than they would have to make them more money. This is one level of abstraction too far for a KMMO dev team to comprehend so they've chucked alp that poo poo out the window and now pay to win MMOs are the order of the day.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Good news for fishing addicts:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380600/

Not sure if it's any good but I'm sure it's better than ArcheAge.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I still read the AA forums. There are people that will defend this game to the death. I wonder how much money they have sunk. haha. Fishing planet, early access..... yeah its still probably better than AA.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Unguided posted:

Good news for fishing addicts:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380600/

Not sure if it's any good but I'm sure it's better than ArcheAge.

All I want to know is if it comes with a hill for people to die on.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Yes, will there be guilds?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Did anyone in archeage actually enjoy fishing? I thought it was just boring thing people did to make money. If you actually enjoyed the big dumb minigame there were flocks of birds indicating fish spawns in safe zone ponds pretty much constantly. I only saw people actually chum the waters for lake fishing once though, because the gold/labor sucked.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
And Trion is doing it again.

I hope people learned from ArcheAge.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/store/

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Fishing was an easy way to make money if you didn't have a merchant ship or land in good locations. Not that there was much point, if you were gold grinding to try and gear yourself then you were pretty much in hell.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Uziduke posted:

And Trion is doing it again.

I hope people learned from ArcheAge.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/store/

Holy poo poo they are.

Same exact thing! 3 tiers of "founder" alpha/beta + head start, 50, 100, 150 dollars. Cash shop currency, items, and they're even calling it "patron" again.

The company that made Devilian is apparently called "Bluehole Ginno"

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How long until the $150 package is the #1 seller on Steam?

• Locked thread