Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Gortarius posted:

This is a feature that we wanna have, yes.
2023 confirmed serious

(please take your time TogStars I believe in you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ALFbrot posted:

I chose not to execute the chaos dunk and i just quit the game, will this import

edit: also thank you

The game will crash immediately.

But that's what always happens.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*stares off into the wild blue yonder* i wish this game was out...

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

*stares off into the wild blue yonder* i wish this game was out...

http://itsalmo.st/#chaosduncantime

watch the second's fly by..

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Will it call me an rear end in a top hat then BSOD if I went to the death temple in hell?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Will there be any gameplay videos for those of us who couldn't make it to PAX?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

You get some pictures of that fukkin cyberdwarf.

Sorry dude, the Wizard was there, but there weren't no cyberdwarf. Wish I was free during the past few days, or else I could have gone to the events where he was...

That being said, the Wizard was hands-down the best thing I experienced at PAX.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Email update from Shaq Fu 2 today dropped a story tidbut about Shaq taking an oath of celibacy.

Since there are no updates on this game, the dark canon is all we have left.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pomp posted:

time management in games actually own and everyone who doesn't like dead rising is a big loving baby

What if I don't like it because it's very repetitive and somehow takes itself too seriously despite aiming to be funny?

Gortarius posted:

You know what they say...

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Barkley 2: Eat Fresh.

Mr. Lobe posted:

That being said, the Wizard was hands-down the best thing I experienced at PAX.

He's the wizard of them all.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ALFbrot posted:

I chose not to execute the chaos dunk and i just quit the game, will this import

edit: also thank you
Can I copy-paste the error messages from the old, crashier versions of Barkley into B2 for sweet, unique Gun's? It could be like Monster Rancher, where you could go through a hundred discs in one go, only to wind up with a green Suezo and a Mocchi with worse-than-default stats.

quakster fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

quakster posted:

Can I copy-paste the error messages from the old, crashier versions of Barkley into B2 for sweet, unique Gun's? It could be like Monster Rancher, where you could go through a hundred discs in one go, only to wind up with a green Suezo and a Mocchi with worse-than-default stats.

Monster Rancher ruled and is one of those experiences that could never possibly be replicated today. The physical satisfaction of slamming a sick monster disk down was simply the best.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Amiibos are like MR's inverted evil little cousin. Nintendo and Activision have truly Ruined Gaming Forever.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think Amiibos are cool. I, Cabbagepots, love the drat product.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I remember some kind of Monster Rancher-esque web thing where you could go find monsters on people's websites... will this feature be present in Barkley 2? Or will we have to wait for Barkley 2.Oh: An Off Sides Story?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbagepots posted:

I think Amiibos are cool. I, Cabbagepots, love the drat product.

Yeah amiibos are really great little toys for kids to play with, I'm glad Nintendo is appealing to its demo so well

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

So with a Release in Imminent Danger of Happening, should I like, submit the KS backer DwarfNET content? Do y'all still want that?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Just posted on corporate site Kotaku: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4CdX9BkB8

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

So with a Release in Imminent Danger of Happening, should I like, submit the KS backer DwarfNET content? Do y'all still want that?

2032 is a long time to wait still.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I can't handle that guy in the background with the fedora.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Tacticsball is such a genius idea that Miyamoto is rolling over in his grave.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

SuperBestFriendsCast just put out their weekly episode, and they talked about the Wizard Booth (Astral Lounge, sorry) and agreed it was the absolute best part of the show.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

CuddlyZombie posted:

SuperBestFriendsCast just put out their weekly episode, and they talked about the Wizard Booth (Astral Lounge, sorry) and agreed it was the absolute best part of the show.

If anyone cares, it starts at about 46:00 in the 3 hour long podcast.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm starting to think that Barkley 2 is one of those alternate reality games and we've been 'playing' since the kickstarter launched.

Pretty good so far. Looking forward to season 3.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
If you look at a sonograph of 42:00-46:00 of the podcast you can piece together a QR code that leads to a .TIFF of the Cyberdwarf's left ankle and calf.

edit: The page source info for the picture leads to BettyCrocker.com???

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

edit: The page source info for the picture leads to BettyCrocker.com???
Possible Homestuck crossover???????

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

How long after release will it take for a patch come out to make the game playable?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow the wizard is the first thing I ever heard of that made me regret not being able to go to a con.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

How long after release will it take for a patch come out to make the game playable?

As soon as the B2 post-release support budget Kickstarter goes through.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

What's ToG's stance on the monetization of Hoopz Barkely lore videos?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
here's some guy's lovely footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkb1xQQZmTQ
gun'spray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZtyL3dTv0
talking to people. spoilers if you want everything to be new (i only saw a few minutes)

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I forget, was Cyberdwarf a duergar, or some other kind of dwarf?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

owl milk posted:

here's some guy's lovely footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZtyL3dTv0
talking to people. spoilers if you want everything to be new (i only saw a few minutes)

Yo, that's me. I totally overlooked the gun and money on the table like a chump.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
"we forgot to give you worthwhile weapons in the demo build" is just the sort of out-of-control incompetence I've come to appreciate from the ToG boyz

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I see a glimpse of the party menu in that demo. I want to know the party system, ToGsters.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
hahah, that was me explaining in that video! I was coaching people on the game pretty hard for the Battle build, but I usually left people alone to experience the story build.

Over the course of Pax I slowly learned how to best coach people into playing the game "the way we want them to". This was my first Pax, and essentially my first time showing others how to play, so it had a bit of a learning curve.
Its a little tricky, the game doesnt have a proper tutorial yet, and is complicated enough that it kinda needs one! Yet it *feels* self-explanatory: you run and shoot. But its got some weird stuff, and if you dont know it, you can get confused pretty quickly. Like how you have both your normal gun's which you can cycle through at will, and also a bag of random gun's you just picked up, and you tap a button to try them out one by one. Kind of a weird concept to explain, since it doesnt make much real-world sense.

There were a few recurring problems, like people running around taking the enemies too lightly, which usually resulted in getting overwhelmed. This is because the enemies are a little more tough than they look, so some people run around expecting them to die in a few shots, while they actually warrant your full attention. Part of this depended on how lucky or unlucky they got with their randomized arsenal, too. I found it was a good idea to tell people to either expect the enemies to be tougher than they look, or that their weapons are a little too weak. That usually helped a lot in getting them to play at the right rhythm. There's some balance issues to deal with there, and also just some issues with looks: some enemies dont look buff enough for how much health they got, it sends the player the wrong message about how seriously they should take em. The slightly taller cybergremlins that shoot at you are an example of these, I should redraw their torso sprites, make em look a bit bigger.

Another problem has been the minigun we set as one of the default weapons the players start with. If you know how to use it, its the strongest weapon you start with. Its very strong, but wielding it slows you down, and instead of firing immediately, it needs to wind up for a few seconds before the shooting begins. Players who switch to the minigun in the heat of battle panic when they find themselves unexpectedly slowed down and unable to shoot. A lot of people died to this! Of course in the real game, you wouldn't just start with that unknown weapon in your inventory, you would be building your arsenal slowly over time and know how your own gun's work. There is also a sound cue for the gatling guns and miniguns, a wind-up whirring noise, but you couldnt really hear it much in the chaos of Pax.

There were a few other things, like we should probably have taken out the random weapon property that makes gun's hurt the player when you shoot. One player randomly got two weapons with that property at the start of the demo.

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 3, 2015

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
That split second you're frozen in place after dodgerolling is really rubbing me the wrong way.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
It looks a bit too stiff right now, its missing a proper getting-up animation. Were putting the pause there to make you a little vulnerable at the end of a roll, and also to make sure rolling isn't faster than walking over long distances, so people don't roll around for the whole drat game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like it because i hate watching speedruns of games where everyone rolls all over or hops backwards the entire game

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like it because i hate watching speedruns of games where everyone rolls all over or hops backwards the entire game
:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Sorry because the movement of choice in Barkley2 is going to be wavedashing