Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

This thing is terrifying. X-Sabers could probably make good use of it via Miracle Synchro Fusion. :stare:

http://ygorganization.com/poor227/

"When this face up card leaves the field"

Does that mean that if you use Book of Moon on it before it leaves the field you keep control of the opponent monsters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I would assume so.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

This thing is terrifying. X-Sabers could probably make good use of it via Miracle Synchro Fusion. :stare:

http://ygorganization.com/poor227/

A nice little gently caress you to Pendulum Monsters.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm going to say something I never thought I'd have to say: Performapals are too strong and need a hit.

Monkeyboard! :argh:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I'm going to say something I never thought I'd have to say: Performapals are too strong and need a hit.

Monkeyboard! :argh:

Foe those who don't know what we will soon be dealing with, if Lavalval Chain wasn't banned: Mmmm that Plus 6Lockdown (Don't blame me that the diagram is terrible.)

Still allows for massive Rank 4 Spam.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bad? That diagram's completely unreadable.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Julias posted:

Foe those who don't know what we will soon be dealing with, if Lavalval Chain wasn't banned: Mmmm that Plus 6Lockdown (Don't blame me that the diagram is terrible.)

Still allows for massive Rank 4 Spam.

PerformaPALS, not Mages.

Pure Performapals have been the bane of my existence this week on YGOPro.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Almost every top 32 deck at YCS Rimmini was Nekroz Clowns.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That has more to do with the Nekroz then anything.

TCG lacks all of the big powerful Rank 4s that allow Performages to be so good ON THEIR OWN that the OCG have.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Honestly though performages should have all been on attribute and just had them target that specific attribute.

Like dark spellcaster or something.
That would have been not hosed up and degenerate.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I don't think I get what you're saying. What do you mean, have them target a specific attribute?

And please, no more dark/spellcasters. We have way too many of those already. :/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I don't think I get what you're saying. What do you mean, have them target a specific attribute?

And please, no more dark/spellcasters. We have way too many of those already. :/

MAGI MAGI ☆ MAGICIAN GAL begs to differ :colbert:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I want you to look at this card:

This is a DARK creature, probably a spellcaster.
This is Yu-Gi-Oh!'s idea of an evil cultist whose magic comes from the darkest pits of Hell itself.
I rest my case.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

In Yu-Gi-Oh the light spellcasters are always the evil ones.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Xoidanor posted:

In Yu-Gi-Oh the light spellcasters are always the evil ones.

Well the allies of justice are dark types with anti-light effects. Maybe it seems from the protagonist of the anime being literally "dark yugi"? :shrug:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yugi literally spends the first volumes of the manga maiming, breaking and outright burning fuckers alive.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Attribute and type, DARK and Spellcaster, respectively.

I only gave it as an example though, it wouldnt make sense for them to search from a group of monsters like, for example, WATER psychics, that have next to no support.

What im saying is instead of making their searching and effects generic they should have gotten a restriction to "Performa-" or a certain type/attribute group.

E:Or I havent played in quute a while so im forgetting if the problem im talking about even exists.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 3, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Honestly though performages should have all been on attribute and just had them target that specific attribute.

Like dark spellcaster or something.
That would have been not hosed up and degenerate.

That would have been even worse. Take damage juggler, for one. If they were all dark/spellcaster, and said to search dark/spellcasters, rather than PMs, by banishing damage juggler from grave, you could search

• All the pieces of exodia
  • a good portion of gravekeepers
  • Any of the maindeck shaddolls
  • Summoner monk
  • Both stargazer and timegazer
  • Chaos Sorcerer
That would be bad. They already can only search out other performages.
The real problem is generic XYZ doing generic things.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

The real problem is generic XYZ doing generic things.

So business as usual.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Burn Castel and Shark to the ground.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Xoidanor posted:

Burn Castel and Shark to the ground.

Man, I wish castel and shark were the bad ones. That would make life easy.
Rafflesia and CyDra infinity.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lisandra_brave posted:

Man, I wish castel and shark were the bad ones. That would make life easy.
Rafflesia and CyDra infinity.

Cydra would be fine if he wasn't accessible to any generic rank 4 deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If you don't like dealing with Rank 4s, here's some advice: Play TCG banlist instead of TCG-OCG. TCG is lacking in all the power Rank 4s that OCG has, so you don't have to deal with them.

No Rafflesia, CyDra Infinity, or Utopia the Lightning.

(We also don't have Shock Master and Lavalval Chain like OCG does.)

That's the main reason Performages are doing so well in the OCG. They can go into a number of lockdown plays on turn 4, whereas in the TCG generic Rank 4s are mostly limited to defensive things like Castel and 101.

Lisandra_brave posted:

That would have been even worse. Take damage juggler, for one. If they were all dark/spellcaster, and said to search dark/spellcasters, rather than PMs, by banishing damage juggler from grave, you could search

[list]
[*]All the pieces of exodia

Exodia is why Spellcasters will never have any good generic searching power. :sigh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's amazing to me that Exodia is still the most iconic Yu-Gi-Oh monster.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh gently caress you it's the Blue Eyes

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It really is. Every time anyone who doesn't play YGO asks me about it, they always ask "is Exodia still good"

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it's amazing to me they haven't just banned exodia forever

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's never getting banned because,

Cabinet posted:

It really is. Every time anyone who doesn't play YGO asks me about it, they always ask "is Exodia still good"

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I stand by my opinion to ban only the left leg of Exodia and unlimit all other pieces,

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

Those people are assholes.

Exodia will never get banned because Konami's banlist people are a bunch of morons.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

Those people are assholes.

Exodia will never get banned because Konami's banlist people are a bunch of morons.

Exodia will never get banned because Exodia never tops any form of worldwide tournament. If it did, it would be the cards which led into Exodia which would be the problem at hand. Exodia has never been a problem, nor have alt. win conditions ever been a problem.

In regards to the new rank 4 cards, CyDra Infinity takes up 3 slots in the extra deck and takes 2 cards to deal with at most. The power creep has accommodated for it and barely anyone in OCGland runs it anymore. Raflessia is another defensive card in the toolbox, and Utopia the Lightning is granting the rank 4 engine a desperately-needed offensive game.

I don't see the problem here.

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 4, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Rank 4 did nothing wrong.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Storming Mirror Force/Air Force is the best card qtiyd.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

PYF Yugioh card

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cabinet posted:

PYF Yugioh card

Moon Envoy

He was my deck master in Duelist of The Roses when I was young and dumb ok? This silly game is mostly about nostalgia for me. (No I'm not dumb enough to have tried to use him in a deck)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cabinet posted:

PYF Yugioh card

Well, my favorite card is Attack The Moon!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Moon Envoy

He was my deck master in Duelist of The Roses when I was young and dumb ok? This silly game is mostly about nostalgia for me. (No I'm not dumb enough to have tried to use him in a deck)

Moon Envoy could be used in a Rank 4 deck :getin:

For actual content my favourite card is a toss up between Skull Servant or Madolche Chickolates. Chickolates is so useless but so cute.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cabinet posted:

PYF Yugioh card

Anything which makes people extraordinarily mad when they play against me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

PYF Yugioh card

I'll do you one better. I'll post ALL OF THEM.

(I spent way too long filling this out.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Pumpking the King of Ghosts is the best creature because if it was a MTG card its creature type would be Plant Zombie Cyclops Ghost King. Plus I just found out that he has a daughter and there aren't enough positive role models like Pumpking for today's youth.

• Locked thread