Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you may not make friends in metal gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MGS had the Koudelka Dem disc which was :pusheen:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Pinterest Mom posted:

you may not make friends in metal gear

you would only live to regret it

Jerry Cotton posted:

MGS had the Koudelka Dem disc which was :pusheen:

i still have to finish koudelka goddamn, i have it somewhere

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

ahab*

chapter 1 is titled "revenge"

and you wake to a dude who tells you to call him ishmael

there's a giant fire whale

and you set off on your revenge quest on a whaling vessel

THERE MAY BE AN ALLEGORY HERE

allegories are only for Greek mythology and the bible

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oh my god i bought a strategy guide wtfffff

ill probably need this poo poo tho

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

duckfarts posted:

read some of the ToS for mgsv when starting it up earlier

it's horrifying that they had to put in a thing about "prostituting children is not allowed"

christ

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Snak posted:

I'm staying out of the MGSV thread because I don't want any spoilers,

METAL GEAR SELFIE

did not have an eye patch handy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i spent way to lmuch time trying to rescue miller and immediately being seen through a window at the last second. ended up smashing everyone into a wall

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Good for that dude

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Snakidus Snake

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I'm happy that this man has something in his life he values.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Improbable Lobster posted:

i spent way to lmuch time trying to rescue miller and immediately being seen through a window at the last second. ended up smashing everyone into a wall

i put the entire other base to sleep, the one ocelot spends a lot of time talking about
learned the tranq rounds only last a few minutes now and ran out of supressor and ended up killing everyone to save kaz

gently caress gently caress gently caress those guys you escape on a horse though

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
holy loving poo poo the intro to MGS5

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ughhhhhhh 3.5 hours till done work then the install

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i thought there was supposed to be a 20gb install after you started but if there was i never saw it, the game gets you in just as fast as it can
kojima's name is there after every single mission so far #blessed

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
steam had that poo poo downloaded in like 15 minutes i was pretty impressed

it maxed the gently caress out of my internet like always but i love that fat loving pipe :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Liver Disaster posted:

i thought there was supposed to be a 20gb install after you started but if there was i never saw it, the game gets you in just as fast as it can
kojima's name is there after every single mission so far #blessed

how long the install takes is variable, if you were lucky it took you longer to beat the initial content than the install time remaining so the rest of the game is there before you need it

early current-gen games were really bad at this, more than a few would have a load screen suddenly pop up without warning when you got too far ahead. like you're walking down a random nondescript hallway and bam, load screen

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Vintersorg posted:

oh my god i bought a strategy guide wtfffff

ill probably need this poo poo tho

dude what the heck

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

steam had that poo poo downloaded in like 15 minutes i was pretty impressed

it maxed the gently caress out of my internet like always but i love that fat loving pipe :getin:

yeah i just got on a 100 mbps connection for the first time and it's dope as heck. mad max said it would take 44 minutes to decrypt so i just redownloaded it in like 15.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

bump_fn posted:

otoh this is a p great new burn

would make sense if it was twitter maybe?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also i think i'll buy MGS:v:TPP just to support konami/kojima's ego, but i need to play MGS 1 - 4 before actually playing it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Blackula69 posted:

dude what the heck

just as a helper, ill really only go to it when im stuck as metal gear games get a bit confusing in later missions

plus i can sperg out later and finish collectathons or go back to grab things i missed in levels

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PleasureKevin posted:

also i think i'll buy MGS:v:TPP just to support konami/kojima's ego, but i need to play MGS 1 - 4 before actually playing it

nah, youve probably absorbed enough mgs over the years to enjoy the poo poo out of mgs:v

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

collecting flowers and poo poo is just fine in my book and if im not mistaken your fultoning is only restricted by your money?
im gonna strip Afghanistan bare, is what im saying

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Liver Disaster posted:

nah, youve probably absorbed enough mgs over the years to enjoy the poo poo out of mgs:v

it's like heavy metal poisoning in that regard

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

PleasureKevin posted:

I did this starting the beginning of the year and watched the peace walker cutscenes on youtube. the controls in those earlier games is pretty rough.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
there are plenty of good movies of the MGS games or synopsis/timelines scattered about online. surprisingly the story is pretty drat coherent for how goddamn crazy it is

also loving :aslol: at the credits given to pieces of designer eyewear that show up in MGS5. i love you hideo

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

just as a helper, ill really only go to it when im stuck as metal gear games get a bit confusing in later missions

plus i can sperg out later and finish collectathons or go back to grab things i missed in levels

yes i know they're useful but most of the information is online immediately

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yodzilla posted:

i love you hideo

the peace walker controls are good on vita, probably on ps3 as well but yeah mgs2 is rough and 3 is just a little clumsy mgs1 is still perfect
the controls in mgs:v are too good though now i want to play through the old ones with the new mechanics

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
did you play MGS3 with the new camera and controls? i missed it the first time around but heard it was way, way worse

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yodzilla posted:

did you play MGS3 with the new camera and controls? i missed it the first time around but heard it was way, way worse

i played the ps3 collection version, didnt have any serious problems with it i just dont have my ps3 plugged in anymore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
then yes you played with the new camera, the original mgs3 had the same fixed/rails camera that 1 and 2 did

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

oh man that would suck, it was fine for 1 because everything was p easy but theres a lot more going on in 3

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
also the collections drop snakes nightmare(which honestly isn't very good and most people probably missed) and snake vs. monkey, which is a loving crime

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm having fun with mad max

if you liked shadow of mordor or the batman arkham games, you may enjoy it as well (it's not the same obviously, but it has similar elements)

idk why the reviews are slagging on it, maybe it falls apart later but the first few hours have been fine for me :shobon:

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Yodzilla posted:

there are plenty of good movies of the MGS games or synopsis/timelines scattered about online. surprisingly the story is pretty drat coherent for how goddamn crazy it is

given the level of insanity present in the story, it's pretty hard to be spoiled on anything MGS. the storytelling of it makes the plot even somewhat incoherent and reading the wiki will just subject you to an impenetrable wall of text.

Yodzilla posted:

mgs3 has the most gameplay depth of any of the games, but yeah, that camera was horrible and I probably only endured it because I was 14 at the time. although even with the sane person camera, it's still pretty difficult to play because of a lack of decent situational awareness mechanics (like the soliton radar) and having to navigate through menus every 20 seconds.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
http://i.imgur.com/P7mKZGq.gifv

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cold on a Cob posted:

idk why the reviews are slagging on it, maybe it falls apart later but the first few hours have been fine for me :shobon:

a year in which they are made to play open world games constantly. odds are a lot of them wanted to play something else (mgsv).

4chan is really upset about a lot of things in mgsv, but i'm pretty sure they're trolling.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

a year in which they are made to play open world games constantly. odds are a lot of them wanted to play something else (mgsv).

4chan is really upset about a lot of things in mgsv, but i'm pretty sure they're trolling.

the most basic rule of /v/ is to either not play games at all or play as many of them as you can and complain about them all the time, its just how things go

the horse is really great i noticed while i was running from some fuckers i dove down a short steep hill and it threw its back legs forward instead of just being upright at all times on all terrain

that looks a lot like he got an aggro mark from the bear, cant wait to cultivate my petting zoo ive already scoped out some sheep while riding around

• Locked thread