Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Someone took Owen Daniels in the 6th round in our live draft this weekend. I'm all for drafting him, but every draft I got him in was in the 12th or later...

I happily took Kelce in the next round.

Would you drop Dwayne Allen for Owen Daniels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just traded my Denard Robinson for Marvin Jones in dynasty. Feels like a wash but I get a player I like over a player I'm neutral on.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

the_american_dream posted:

Yea you're probably right but man im high on Woodhead

Don't drop him.

kiimo posted:

I probably would. I can't see either of the IND TEs on their own being more valuable than a healthy (lol) Daniels by himself. I'd see if there's another team looking for a TE and maybe trade for one of their bench fodder guys that you like better than one of your bench fodder guys, then drop that guy for Daniels.

Also Swoope :getin:

CompeAnansi posted:

You're crazy if you'd drop Boldin for the 3rd running back on the Lions. I don't even...

This.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 1, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Yes but I'm pretty high on Daniels this year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MacheteZombie posted:

Just traded my Denard Robinson for Marvin Jones in dynasty. Feels like a wash but I get a player I like over a player I'm neutral on.

Is there some hype with Marvin Jones this year? He got drafted in my league and 3 other people got upset.

Am I missing something?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dropping Anquan Boldin is A Very Dumb Move

(especially in PPR).

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OxySnake posted:

Is there some hype with Marvin Jones this year? He got drafted in my league and 3 other people got upset.

Am I missing something?

Caught a ton of TDs in late 2013 before getting injured and missing all of last year. He may regress and be a total bust this year, but it's basically free to take a flier on him. He's got WR2/3 upside at the cost of a WR6/7.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Am I missing something?

Not really. I've liked Marvin since 2013, but last year was supposed to be a break out year for him, until his injury. A lot of people think he will feast due to the offensive weaponry allowing the Bengals to spread looks this year. He's still behind Sanu on the depth chart though and I don't know how many 3 WR sets the Bengals play on average. Even if he beats out Sanu at some point he's going to be competing with Green, Hill, and Eifert for targets.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Spoeank posted:

Dropping Anquan Boldin is A Very Dumb Move

(especially in PPR).

Matthew Berry agrees. You need some solid, consistent veterans on your team that can start during byes or injuries.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I have the 1st pick in my 12-team work league. With #24/25, Hilton/Jeffery/Evans are almost always available in mocks. Am I crazy to be looking instead at Miller/Graham/Forsett over these Teir 2 WRs?

Graham seems worth a reach at 3.1 but I have little to base that on.

I'm 95% choosing Bell with #1 overall and my strategy is to gobble up 5 RBs with my first seven picks with the hope of flipping a pair of them for an WR1 once Bell comes back.

Fleetwood fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 1, 2015

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fleetwood posted:

I have the 1st pick in my 12-team work league. With #24/25, Hilton/Jeffery/Evans are almost always available in mocks. Am I crazy to be looking instead at Miller/Graham/Forsett these Teir 2 WRs?

I'm 95% choosing Bell with #1 overall and my strategy is to gobble up 5 RBs with my first seven picks with the hope of flipping a pair of them for an WR1 once Bell comes back.

You're on the right track here. I had the first pick in a 12 team standard draft last weekend and here was my strategy. Take one of Bell, Charles, Lacy first over all. Then at the 2/3 turn try to lock down one of Miller/Forsett/Gore and one of Jeffery/Evans. You could go double RB, but I liked some of the RBs available at the 4/5 turn and already had one from my first pick. In my opinion the drop at RB from 2/3 to 4/5 is smaller than the drop in WR, so you're better off taking a WR at the 2/3 turn. Outside of going RB/WR, I would not consider Jimmy Graham at the 2/3 turn, but I would consider Luck if he somehow fell that far. I could go on, but I'll stop there. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in more.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So Zenner is the Goon flavor of the week where everyone will try justifying dropping a starting position player for a third string back who needs a perfect storm of luck to sniff the field.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Fleetwood posted:

I have the 1st pick in my 12-team work league. With #24/25, Hilton/Jeffery/Evans are almost always available in mocks. Am I crazy to be looking instead at Miller/Graham/Forsett these Teir 2 WRs?

I wouldn't touch Graham at his current ADP. I might take a shot at him in the 5th round, but no earlier. Lamar Miller is a solid pick there. I suspect Frank Gore would be an option also, if you really want a running back. Receiver, I personally like Matthews, Cooks or Hopkins over Evans or Jeffery there. Both have nagging injuries. (Might be wrong about Evans.) I'd even strongly look at Olsen there.

I'm assuming this is PPR

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I wouldn't call being the most effective between-the-tackles runner in a pretty good offense (and a strong defense which'll lead to a lot of close games and clock milking) and being behind a JAG who's been hobbled for the last 12ish months a "perfect storm of luck"

If you're wiling to waste a bench spot on a handcuff who needs just as many dominoes to fall to be relevant, you might as well take a homerun flier. Anyone who is dropping anyone above a WR/RB4 is silly and no one is suggesting that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does anyone else have Hopkins and Cooks as the same? I got a trade offer of Hopkins for Cooks and I am thinking that they are completely interchangeable so why trade.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

PPR, yes. In standard I have Hopkins just a bit above.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

jabro posted:

Does anyone else have Hopkins and Cooks as the same? I got a trade offer of Hopkins for Cooks and I am thinking that they are completely interchangeable so why trade.

I like Hopkins more, but like Cooks situation better

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

jabro posted:

Cooks rated as hasa higher ceiling as he has a much better QB and with Jimmy Graham gone he is the no. 1 receiving target.

DeAndre is more talented, but as mentioned above his QB situation is a dumpster fire.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered McCoy and Hilton for Bell (standard scoring 10 team non ppr)

My team:

Rivers, Bridgewater
Bell, Anderson, Randle, Adbdullah, Bell, Woodhead, Gray
Cobb, Tate, Edleman, Lafell, Brown, Boldin, Jordy (IR), Coates
Daniels

We get 2 keepers a year at whatever round they were drafted at (no penalty). I can keep Bell in the 3rd next year and Anderson in the 18th (I also picked up Jordy in the 15th this year for this reason)

Thoughts? I can also get next years draft picks involved if I want.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Redraft or dynasty? Dynasty I rate Hopkins a little higher. Redraft this year yeah, I consider them about the same, maybe leaning the Cooks direction some.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Also, for the record, Hopkins already has a history of production with nothing at QB. He's a stud and I'm not really all that concerned with either Hoyer or Mallett. Josh Gordon ( :stonk: ) was great two years ago, with a revolving door of Hoyer/Weeden/Campbell and he didn't have (eventually) an Arian Foster to keep guys in the box.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
.5 ppr league would you drop Colston for Stevie Johnson? I'm torn.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

Both old talented guys but Brees will probably lean harder on Colston than Phil will SJ

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Prophecy120 posted:

Easily

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I like Stevie more than Colston but do you not have anyone else to drop? I feel like if you're in a stupid league, you could probably get something for him because of name factor, Brees, and no Graham to take RZ targets.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Azhais posted:

Redraft or dynasty? Dynasty I rate Hopkins a little higher. Redraft this year yeah, I consider them about the same, maybe leaning the Cooks direction some.

Redraft non PPR. I have Cooks and denied the request but was just trying to figure out the other guy's thought process.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I like Stevie more than Colston but do you not have anyone else to drop? I feel like if you're in a stupid league, you could probably get something for him because of name factor, Brees, and no Graham to take RZ targets.

We only have 5 bench slots, and I'm sitting with Gio, Crowell, Woodhead, Funchess and Colston. Unfortunately this league is very hard to trade in, most people don't even respond to trade question emails, much less the trade request itself.

Edit: VVV Yeah hopefully my guys stay healthy and Funchess breaks out so I don't need to start him, but I think Stevie will benefit more from PPR points than Colston would score on TDs. Made the pickup.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 1, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, definitely drop Colston for Stevie. Colston could have more TDs but Stevie probably gets more by way of catches and yards and if I'm looking for an old, reliable vet for my bench for byes, I want the guy who I don't need to play TD roulette with.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
So I need a few opinions.

I skipped a kicker just to get another flier in case of injury. Rather than dropping someone to get one I am seeing if I can package together anything to upgrade elsewhere:

Standard, 6pt Tds, with defensive scoring boosted a little higher than normal (sacks are 2pts now, etc). 12 team league, 6 make playoffs

QB-WRx3-RBx2-TE-WRTFlex-K-D

Big Ben
Cobb, Tate, Wheaton
Lacy, Gore
Witten
Bernard
Philly D

A. Foster, Stafford, Perriman, Lafell, Gray, Dorsett

I'd really like to upgrade my WRs. One guy has ODB, C Johnson, Jordan Mathhews, Emauel Sangers, Eddie Royal and Brandon Coleman so he's going to have to move someone. AJ green's owner was looking for trades too. Obviously that would take a bit more than Gray or Dorsett who I was going to scrap but I'm open to ideas to pursue for those.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

16 team league, 1PPR, 6pt passing TD, up to 3 keepers that are kept in the first three rounds of the draft. I've got 13th pick.

Am I missing anything in thinking I should keep LeVeon and Shady and no third?
That would give me LeVeon at 13 and Shady at 29 and a pick at 45

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

THE MACHO MAN posted:

So I need a few opinions.

I skipped a kicker just to get another flier in case of injury. Rather than dropping someone to get one I am seeing if I can package together anything to upgrade elsewhere:

Standard, 6pt Tds, with defensive scoring boosted a little higher than normal (sacks are 2pts now, etc). 12 team league, 6 make playoffs

QB-WRx3-RBx2-TE-WRTFlex-K-D

Big Ben
Cobb, Tate, Wheaton
Lacy, Gore
Witten
Bernard
Philly D

A. Foster, Stafford, Perriman, Lafell, Gray, Dorsett

I'd really like to upgrade my WRs. One guy has ODB, C Johnson, Jordan Mathhews, Emauel Sangers, Eddie Royal and Brandon Coleman so he's going to have to move someone. AJ green's owner was looking for trades too. Obviously that would take a bit more than Gray or Dorsett who I was going to scrap but I'm open to ideas to pursue for those.

Do any of those guys need a QB because I don't see any reason why you need Stafford. I also think that all three guys at the end of your bench are expendable, and if you're looking to upgrade at WR, you could definitely afford to jettison Wheaton in any deal.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Jose Valasquez posted:

16 team league, 1PPR, 6pt passing TD, up to 3 keepers that are kept in the first three rounds of the draft. I've got 13th pick.

Am I missing anything in thinking I should keep LeVeon and Shady and no third?
That would give me LeVeon at 13 and Shady at 29 and a pick at 45

If you are taking Le'veon at 13, that means you are taking Shady at 20th, not 29th and even in a 16 team league, I would hesitate to give up that pick for Shady. A lot depends on who is being kept by other players and what will be available when you have your first pick in the 2nd.

Also your keepers get slotted for the first 3 rounds regardless of who they are? That is awful and really negates any benefits someone might get from drafting well one year.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 1, 2015

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Am I the only one who finds all the Owen Daniels hype hilarious? Everyone is targeting him at this point. So many people are going to be disappointed.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I don't think he's any worse of a gamble than any of the other bottom-draft TEs. I'd take a crack at Peyton's TE or Daniels in a Kubiak offense before a few of the guys down there, and he's both. Eifert, Daniels, and Miller are all fine (probably in that order). TEs are stupid anyway.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Do any of those guys need a QB because I don't see any reason why you need Stafford. I also think that all three guys at the end of your bench are expendable, and if you're looking to upgrade at WR, you could definitely afford to jettison Wheaton in any deal.

Agreed, and I've been mentioning Wheaton as an option depending on what we're looking at. I think he'll probably be an ok wr3, at best a 2. I expect Pitt to throw a ton again. I just want to make sure that I am valuing him right vs other guys.

Lafell is someone I'd move now rather than gambling on him coming back healthy.

Unfortunately the people fishing around WRs are pretty solid at QB. One guy has Bradford as his only qb but he doesn't really have extra wrs.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

My league just switched to a keeper league for this upcoming season. I have started a new job and moved twice in the past two months so I've had zero time for general research, even less so for learning about rookies or how to change my FF strategy with keepers in mind. Our draft is later tonight.

I imagine that my draft will mainly go same as always, with the exception that my last few rounds can be used for fliers on potential keepers for next season. Anyone mind a short list of people I should look into or general tips for starting up a keeper league?

e:, more info

RVProfootballer posted:

How many keepers? What's the penalty each year? Can they be kept indefinitely?

2 keepers, 2 round penalty. Undrafted players count against 3rd to last draft pick. 3 years max for retaining them

Teeter fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 1, 2015

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I don't think he's any worse of a gamble than any of the other bottom-draft TEs. I'd take a crack at Peyton's TE or Daniels in a Kubiak offense before a few of the guys down there, and he's both. Eifert, Daniels, and Miller are all fine (probably in that order). TEs are stupid anyway.
But he's not a bottom of the draft guy. FFPC has his ADP in the 7th or 8th. The Peyton/Kubiak TE narrative combined with the uncertainty over TEs has inflated his value immensely to the point where people are pouncing on him ahead of time and almost assuredly loving themselves over in the process.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teeter posted:

My league just switched to a keeper league for this upcoming season. I have started a new job and moved twice in the past two months so I've had zero time for general research, even less so for learning about rookies or how to change my FF strategy with keepers in mind. Our draft is later tonight.

I imagine that my draft will mainly go same as always, with the exception that my last few rounds can be used for fliers on potential keepers for next season. Anyone mind a short list of people I should look into or general tips for starting up a keeper league?

How many keepers? What's the penalty each year? Can they be kept indefinitely?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drop Julius to pick up his replacement or burn up a bench spot for the first few weeks while he recuperates? There's not much out there anyway... Gresham, Clay, Cook, Chandler....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Re: Boldin jeez no need to jump on me. I won't be drafting him at all because the right side of that OL might be the worst in the league and Kaep won't even have time to hit his first read.

• Locked thread