Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't wait to get through the intro on my ps4 and then turn around to play it on my computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Recorded in the Toilet, by Soldier with Stomachache

Found the Johnny Sasaki reference.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

We've hit peak videogame

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Benny D posted:

We've hit peak videogame

we still have mario maker coming

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Make sure you tranq shalashaska a few times

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Fought a bear and lost. :(

guess he's big bear now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i was on my way to a side op and got ambushed by a sniper and suddenly EPISODE 11 CLOAKED ON SILENCE im fighting a boss. awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Make sure you tranq shalashaska a few times

hahahaha

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jfc the intro is amazing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when you get to motherbase dont kill the staff as a joke they will make you start over from the beginning and rewatch all the cutscenes

also ocelot will say something very hurtful

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The intro is soo Good but it adds so many questions, was the fire trying to kill you? Wasn't baby m helping you escape?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've had reflex mode off and not once have I felt like I needed it. I'm so glad I turned off right away. It gives you way more leniency than GZ where a soldier saw you and the alarm just started blaring, now you have a second or two to punch them in the fAce. The controls are so fluid gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OH MY GOD

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
This game is good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
That scene with Ocelot training the Mother Base recruits is so so good... My favorite part so far is either that or making a violent getaway from a Soviet battalion and immediately stumbling on another group of Russian soldiers huddled around a radio listening to Kids in America.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Got lost in that cave for way too long. That loving mission took me an hour and half.

e: I'm an octopus now.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 1, 2015

justwright
Oct 13, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Got lost in that cave for way too long. That loving mission took me an hour and half.

e: I'm an octopus now.

If you rescue the prisoner guy he gives you the exact location of the thing

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I took too long subduing everyone on the outside, and the prisoner died.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this game is so good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I took too long subduing everyone on the outside, and the prisoner died.

I had a feeling that would happen so i made sure to rescue him asap. the way i did it was fairly loving epic but i will save that tale for another day.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
this game is amazing and i love everything about it so far. i found diamond dog almost entirely by accident, he ran up to me from around a rock barking @ me. what a thrill

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have the speaker equppied and researched but I have no idea how to use it. Help.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Larry Parrish posted:

I have the speaker equppied and researched but I have no idea how to use it. Help.

if it's like GZ there's a bunch of tape tabs, and one is just a chopper.

Also I tried to tranq Miller when I was saving him

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Larry Parrish posted:

In the tapes you gotta hit a separate button while a music tape is highlighted, it's listed at the bottom

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i can finally post in this thread now

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

games.txt

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
how does emblem ranking work? I'm still around early missions and got foxhound now, but want to get others for cool unit emblem designs

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm glad that "those who don't exist" definitely do exist due to the insane amount of horrible destruction and killing they do

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And the Skulls really wig me out especially when they do that weird sideways stance, and the gross slurpy noises they produce

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 hour and 15 minutes till i can come home and play this excellent game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

No.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still going to

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I got Kojima on my base, I hope I can do combat missions with him.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Man this game runs like a dream, 60 fps maxed without a hitch. i left it paused when i went to class for like four hours and it didnt even crash or anything lol

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
lol today I realised Ive never heard the ocelot Olga solidus convo with the directional mic in mgs2 I always listened out for johnny boy making GBS threads lol

net cafe scandal posted:

And the Skulls really wig me out especially when they do that weird sideways stance, and the gross slurpy noises they produce

They are awesome.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I'm still waiting for mine to finish downloading but I'm glad everyone's having fun and I can't wait to play. Alright peace.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

What does doing the little optional objectives in missions get you?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I have to finish like six hours of work and then a drat essay on gender before I can play again :mad:

I'm really liking the open world, I was a little skeptical when they announced it, but it's really cool. I guess I should have known better than to doubt Kojima, it adds a really neat strategic layer where you can sneak around random outposts blowing up comm stations and Fultoning soldiers and weapons and poo poo to prepare for the harder missions... Like the ammo/food depots in MGS 3 but deeper and more satisfying.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Are the online servers down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the heck do you take out tanks. 4 bricks of C4 didn't do poo poo.

• Locked thread