Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I have to finish like six hours of work and then a drat essay on gender before I can play again :mad:

I'm really liking the open world, I was a little skeptical when they announced it, but it's really cool. I guess I should have known better than to doubt Kojima, it adds a really neat strategic layer where you can sneak around random outposts blowing up comm stations and Fultoning soldiers and weapons and poo poo to prepare for the harder missions... Like the ammo/food depots in MGS 3 but deeper and more satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Are the online servers down?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the heck do you take out tanks. 4 bricks of C4 didn't do poo poo.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Larry Parrish posted:

How the heck do you take out tanks. 4 bricks of C4 didn't do poo poo.

research missiles

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Are you forced to play on "Normal" the first time you do a mission?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

I got Kojima on my base, I hope I can do combat missions with him.

i just got him. of course he is A-class at everything

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

now that I've downloaded my GZ save I don't even know if I want to stay online; it just makes all of my menus take a billion years to load

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

now that I've downloaded my GZ save I don't even know if I want to stay online; it just makes all of my menus take a billion years to load

yeah i noticed that too. sometimes it will just outright freeze when you pause

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bewilderment posted:

research missiles

??! I'm on a tank-killing mission, and I thought the C4 + D-Mine combo was going to my key to success. Missiles work, but I thought that trap would let me blow them up with ease. Hrrmm

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I want one of those diamond dog bomber jackets so bad do they sell them?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I want one of those diamond dog bomber jackets so bad do they sell them?

they at least used to.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
wtf. who did this to me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

wtf. who did this to me.

drat

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

LawfulWaffle posted:

??! I'm on a tank-killing mission, and I thought the C4 + D-Mine combo was going to my key to success. Missiles work, but I thought that trap would let me blow them up with ease. Hrrmm

Use the mortars, they shred those tanks and you can just rapid-fire them into the column and win in like 5 seconds.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ouch.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Guys....this game is great. I paused it to take a piss and compliment it.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Heh look at that losers av

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

rediscover posted:

wtf. who did this to me.

Uh oh

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
after everything got hosed last night, I spent like 4 hours un-loving it and eventually got to play through the prologue. I tried to get some sleep afterwards but actually had dreams of big boss smiling at me and giving me a thumbs up, just that, over and over again, so eventually I just went back to playing the game. its loving awesome

e: One time I got caught so I detonated the C-4 I put on a comms tower earlier, killed the couple of guys after me, then unloaded a clip into the sky to get the guards to gather. Then I went into a nearby basement, which turned out to be connected to part of the greater complex, and since it had a lot of blind corners and at least 3 visible enemies, I tossed in 4 smoke grenades at the chokepoint of the hallway, through a window into the next room, and into two of the side rooms. I took down all of the enemies using CQC, and as the CP guy explained that the comms were down and no reinforcements could be had, I coldly executed every unconscious soldier.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmao "kisses and hugs followed by a biig f u"

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I still can't get online to get my gz rewards

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is EXTREMELY important to listen to the cassettes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The tapes are great and I listen to them all during my horse adventures

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

you could have prevented this.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The writing in this games a lot better than 4 and Peace Walker.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The post-mission codenames are based on how you handled your last three missions.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ocelot cheerfully explaining his history as the most feared torturer in Afghanistan FTW.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The love between Big Boss and Kaz...

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The love between Big Boss and Kaz...

when kaz asks BB to say "kept you waiting, huh?" and BB doesn't

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Boss... Harder!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can someone remind me what ____Quiet___ says to BB in the prologue?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

net cafe scandal posted:

Can someone remind me what ____Quiet___ says to BB in the prologue?

Something like "He's seen my face, I have to take him out"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

Something like "He's seen my face, I have to take him out"

Intredasting.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
When she sees Big Boss she says something like "the patient in the next bed just saw my face. Understood, I'll do it" which seemed to imply that BB was a loose end instead of her actual target.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the first thing BB is able to see when he wakes up from the GZ-induced coma being a pair of nurse titties is some of the most win ive ever experienced

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FYI if you're just starting, it's really Better to just go rescue kaz then come right back in free roam and explore the area so you have the Fulton & research going

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This game is very good, but I'm finding myself running low on cash in the early parts. Any tips to make money fast pre FOB or is it just a case of me spending too much to start with so I gotta wait a bit?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I found out that I don't have a phone that can run the TPP app, but apparently you can't manage MB/Outer ops with it so I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I found out that I don't have a phone that can run the TPP app, but apparently you can't manage MB/Outer ops with it so I don't care.

What's it for then?

• Locked thread