Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

RVProfootballer posted:

How many keepers? What's the penalty each year? Can they be kept indefinitely?

2 keepers, 2 round penalty. Undrafted players count against 3rd to last draft pick. 3 years max for retaining them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

Re: Boldin jeez no need to jump on me. I won't be drafting him at all because the right side of that OL might be the worst in the league and Kaep won't even have time to hit his first read.

Not drafting him is different than cutting him to pick up Zach Zenner, who isn't even a lock for the 53-man roster.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Tiptoes posted:

But he's not a bottom of the draft guy. FFPC has his ADP in the 7th or 8th. The Peyton/Kubiak TE narrative combined with the uncertainty over TEs has inflated his value immensely to the point where people are pouncing on him ahead of time and almost assuredly loving themselves over in the process.

Then they are also stupid because the whole point on waiting for a TE is not drafting one until the end. I did two drafts today and I got Daniels in the 3rd to last round both times.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

Not drafting him is different than cutting him to pick up Zach Zenner, who isn't even a lock for the 53-man roster.

I figured he was going to do it anyway and I see Boldin differently. My bad I guess.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Both Garcon and Boldin are great values right now because they're going criminally late due to the fact that both teams have trash offenses and the former's coming off a bad year and the latter's team just went through a horrendous offseason. They're both perfectly acceptable WR5s (or even WR4 in 14+ team leagues or 12-team full PPR) and are going about there in drafts.

e: If you're in a 14+ team full PPR and have good RBs and good WR1 and WR2, I wouldn't even feel bad at all about having either as my WR3

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 2, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I agree with Garçon, absolutely especially since he's done pretty well with Cousins in the past.

Boldin is great but all the warning signs are there on SF to make me not want a single player on that team. Including Hyde who's looked pretty good so far in the preseason.

I don't generally eliminate a team from fantasy because they're bad but the miners look to be more than just a bad team to me. Just MHO. And yeah I know I'm contradicting myself.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My counterpoint to Boldin, is that even the shittiest teams complete over 250 passes in a season, and who else besides Boldin is going to catch them?

e: The team that was dead last in completed passes, TDs, and Comp% last year was Cleveland with 274, 12; and 54.7% and the team with the least amount of passing yards was the Jets with 3,206. Hawkins went 63/824/2 and was a totally fine bench WR in PPR and Decker went 74/962/5 and was a fine WR3 in a lot of formats.

e2: The team last in yards per play was Oakland and James Jones was 73/666/6.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 2, 2015

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I like both Boldin and Torrey Smith, who the Niners gave $22M guaranteed, as late round value picks. I expect the Niners to throw more this year since their defense won't be able to control the clock and they ought to be playing from behind a lot more. Boldin saw 130 targets last year and Crabtree/Stevie combined for 158. There's real potential for value there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Torrey Smith will also get catches

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm not as high on Smith because he's not a chain mover, I doubt that Kaep will have much time to look for him deep, and Boldin is still his first read and we all know how Kaep does with progressions. Still, same thing about someone needing to catch those passes, but after Boldin, I think Smith, Davis, and Bush will be splitting that load rather evenly and Bush is the only one of those 3 I'd even remotely want.

e: I could see those three each catching 35-55 of Kaep's completions, and if he has a tragically awful season and only completes 250 passes, that leaves minimum 85 for Boldin and who-the-hell-ever. If they're playing from behind forever (which they will) and he can manage to push 300 completions, Boldin could easily catch 90+

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 2, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I completely forgot Bush went there.

I'm so unprepared for this draft. Don't schedule your wedding for early September.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Do any of those guys need a QB because I don't see any reason why you need Stafford. I also think that all three guys at the end of your bench are expendable, and if you're looking to upgrade at WR, you could definitely afford to jettison Wheaton in any deal.

So I have two offers on the table:

Give: Stafford and Wheaton for Mike Evans

Give: Wheaton and Gray for Emmanuel Sanders

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Evans imo

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

So I have two offers on the table:

Give: Stafford and Wheaton for Mike Evans

Give: Wheaton and Gray for Emmanuel Sanders

I'd take that 2nd one without much hesitation tbh, but either one isn't a bad deal for you.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
What to do with FJax.

1) Stand pat
2) Drop him for Ronnie Hillman
3) See if the Seahawks pick him up and try to trade him to the Lynch owner

My team:
QB Russell Wilson, SEA
RB Eddie Lacy, GB
RB LeSean McCoy, BUF
RB Joseph Randle, DAL
RB Christopher Ivory, NYJ
RB Fred Jackson, FA
RB James Starks, GB
WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG
WR Keenan Allen, SD
WR Torrey Smith, SF
WR Mike Wallace, MIN
WR Steve Johnson, SD
TE Jordan Cameron, MIA
K Mason Crosby, GB
DST Carolina Panthers, CAR

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Both Garcon and Boldin are great values right now because they're going criminally late due to the fact that both teams have trash offenses and the former's coming off a bad year and the latter's team just went through a horrendous offseason. They're both perfectly acceptable WR5s (or even WR4 in 14+ team leagues or 12-team full PPR) and are going about there in drafts.

e: If you're in a 14+ team full PPR and have good RBs and good WR1 and WR2, I wouldn't even feel bad at all about having either as my WR3

I have both Boldin and Garcon on my bench in a 10 team league. I was thinking of ditching Garcon eventually for another RB or to fix my bye issues (which will hit me hard later on in the season). Do you suggest a wait and see approach with them?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are people still pounding the table for Sammie Coates? Because uh

quote:

The Steelers are not expected to turn to third-round pick Sammie Coates for a prominent role during Martavis Bryant's suspension.

Both Ben Roethlisberger and coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that the Steelers are counting on special teamer Darrius Heyward-Bey to "pick up the slack" and not Coates. Coates has generally looked lost this preseason, and could end up an early-season game-day scratch even with Bryant serving a four-game ban. As for the Steelers, it seems more likely they'll use more two-tight end sets than lean heavily on Heyward-Bey in the passing game.

"Can't beat out DHB on the depth chart" is pretty damning

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teeter posted:

2 keepers, 2 round penalty. Undrafted players count against 3rd to last draft pick. 3 years max for retaining them

Jordy Nelson or Kelvin Benjamin could be worth a late round stash, especially if your league has an IR slot or largish benches. Otherwise, I wouldn't change too much from typical redraft. I would use that 3 year window as a tie breaker, though. I personally wouldn't hesitate to take Lacy and Bell ahead of Peterson and Charles and those two ahead of Lynch. Depending how you feel about Calvin, you might prefer AJ Green over him, as another example. I would likely take a late flier on Devante Parker or Breshad Perriman, whereas I wouldn't really bother with either in standard redraft.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Duro posted:

I have both Boldin and Garcon on my bench in a 10 team league. I was thinking of ditching Garcon eventually for another RB or to fix my bye issues (which will hit me hard later on in the season). Do you suggest a wait and see approach with them?

Yeah, unless there's a pretty good RB on the wire now (10 team so there might be depending on how deep your benches are), I'd probably just sit on them for now. They're safe, dependable floor veterans

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Are people still pounding the table for Sammie Coates? Because uh

"Can't beat out DHB on the depth chart" is pretty damning

DHB is fast, ok!?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

RVProfootballer posted:

Jordy Nelson or Kelvin Benjamin could be worth a late round stash, especially if your league has an IR slot or largish benches. Otherwise, I wouldn't change too much from typical redraft. I would use that 3 year window as a tie breaker, though. I personally wouldn't hesitate to take Lacy and Bell ahead of Peterson and Charles and those two ahead of Lynch. Depending how you feel about Calvin, you might prefer AJ Green over him, as another example. I would likely take a late flier on Devante Parker or Breshad Perriman, whereas I wouldn't really bother with either in standard redraft.

Thanks. I'm not sure where the rules were pulled from but we're interpreting them as meaning you can't keep someone if the draft penalty can't be assessed. I.e. no keepers from first 2 rounds. I'm definitely going to see if I can snag Jordy Nelson but I'm not sure where to value that at since I don't know the extent of his injury. Parker and Perriman are the other two names I've seen on the last page or two. Looks like it'll mostly be a typical redraft strategy for me so that helps.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Yea, so my league that just drafted last week has an IR slot and will be starting keepers next year and i just picked up jordy nelson and put him in my IR slot. Totally forgot about the IR slot until i saw this post, thanks! Rules say free agent pickups will count as a 10th round pick, so i'd say that's a steal.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 2, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fleetwood posted:

I have the 1st pick in my 12-team work league. With #24/25, Hilton/Jeffery/Evans are almost always available in mocks. Am I crazy to be looking instead at Miller/Graham/Forsett over these Teir 2 WRs?

Graham seems worth a reach at 3.1 but I have little to base that on.

I'm 95% choosing Bell with #1 overall and my strategy is to gobble up 5 RBs with my first seven picks with the hope of flipping a pair of them for an WR1 once Bell comes back.

Don't draft to trade, draft to make the best possible starting team. Trading is not a thing that happens with enough frequency because you need two things which are always in short supply; interested trading partners and an offer that said partner finds appealing.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 2, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

jabro posted:

Does anyone else have Hopkins and Cooks as the same? I got a trade offer of Hopkins for Cooks and I am thinking that they are completely interchangeable so why trade.

I'd prefer Cooks' situation by a country mile.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

I'd second this also.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Tiptoes posted:

Am I the only one who finds all the Owen Daniels hype hilarious? Everyone is targeting him at this point. So many people are going to be disappointed.

The only reason to be gunshy about Daniels is his injury history.

Peyton makes TEs great. He made Jacob Tamme look like a loving all-pro. Tons of red-zone targets on top of the regular production.

Combine that with Daniels being the head coach's favorite, and the pieces are there for an incredible steal in the draft after the 8th round. It might almost be worth an unheard of TE handcuff in V.Green, if the injury thing is what's holding you back on it.

Daniels was around a TE6-10 with the Texans, I think he can be a TE2-6 with the Broncos if he's healthy.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Suave Fedora posted:

Thirding this.

Cooks is Brees' new toy, Hopkins is slightly more talented but has 2-3 other targets alongside him, and he'll be getting balls from Hoyer.

Cooks should be higher than 3rd round, imo.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
With an unknown return timetable is it already time to cut bait on Breshad Perriman (at least in Redraft leagues)? Maybe cut him for a Brandon Coleman or a Stevie Johnson?

Edit: Also holy poo poo someone just dropped Justin Forsett in my work league. I'm not high on him but have a weak RB core, Drop Marvin jones or Kendall Wright? (1 PPR)

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 2, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'd drop Marvin

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hixalot posted:

With an unknown return timetable is it already time to cut bait on Breshad Perriman (at least in Redraft leagues)? Maybe cut him for a Brandon Coleman or a Stevie Johnson?

Edit: Also holy poo poo someone just dropped Justin Forsett in my work league. I'm not high on him but have a weak RB core, Drop Marvin jones or Kendall Wright? (1 PPR)

Kendall seems to be Mariota's favorite toy, I'd probably drop Marvin

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Seconding dropping Marvin.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hixalot posted:

Drop Jones immediately

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Don't even come back here to check replies, go drop any player who name starts with a letter and pick up Forsett. I'm thinking the owner got him confused with Justin Hunter.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Hixalot posted:

Coleman has shown pretty bad hands in the preseason. I think he's only had one catch on four targets, and won't be the No. 3 WR for long if he doesn't improve. Take Stevie Johnson and see where it gets you.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Yea, so my league that just drafted last week has an IR slot and will be starting keepers next year and i just picked up jordy nelson and put him in my IR slot. Totally forgot about the IR slot until i saw this post, thanks! Rules say free agent pickups will count as a 10th round pick, so i'd say that's a steal.

I also just went ahead and added Kelvin Benjamin too, I won't be able to keep both, but i think i should be able to offload Kelvin before the trade deadline for a serviceable player. What do you guys think i'd be able to talk someone out of, like maybe a bottom 4 team with little to no chance of making the playoffs might take the bait?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

MrSargent posted:

If you are taking Le'veon at 13, that means you are taking Shady at 20th, not 29th and even in a 16 team league, I would hesitate to give up that pick for Shady. A lot depends on who is being kept by other players and what will be available when you have your first pick in the 2nd.

Also your keepers get slotted for the first 3 rounds regardless of who they are? That is awful and really negates any benefits someone might get from drafting well one year.

ESPN's keeper settings are really dumb.
The first three rounds are straight 1-16, 1-16, 1-16, THEN the snake starts. It is also not possible to keep players in the round they were originally drafted.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Hixalot posted:

Edit: Also holy poo poo someone just dropped Justin Forsett in my work league.

Why can't this poo poo happen in my leagues?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

VietCampo posted:

I also just went ahead and added Kelvin Benjamin too, I won't be able to keep both, but i think i should be able to offload Kelvin before the trade deadline for a serviceable player. What do you guys think i'd be able to talk someone out of, like maybe a bottom 4 team with little to no chance of making the playoffs might take the bait?

You might be overthinking it here. It's one thing to stash a guy on IR for next year. And another to waste a bench slot for a significant portion of the year for the hope of a trade down the line. You're hurting yourself this year for minimal gain next year

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

nevermind, found the link. my league is WEIRD, though

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Got my very first work draft coming up in a half hour full point PPR 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WRT am I right in thinking I have to go 1.12 and 2.1 best WR available or just follow whatever BeerSheets tells me at best value?

• Locked thread