Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
casual reminder that humans outnumber every other race in every single mmo where being human is an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
At least in this one it's barely, even among all characters. I wouldn't be surprised if humans were below cats if you only counted characters with a class at 60. They'd definitely be lower than the general population.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Thanks for the tips about stun. I'll stop caring about that and just worry about being hit in the face as efficiently as possible. Played thm to 28, ninja to 40, and having way more fun as tank. Figure I'll get warrior and drk when I want a break from pld.

[quote="Fister Roboto" post=""449694626"]
The tanks who complain about cleric stance dps are almost always the ones who never pop cooldowns, too.
[/quote]
Pop cool downs? That just means the stuff like Rampart, right? I pop that stuff pretty much constantly now. Took a while to get in that mindset. Except sentinel. That still feels icoe

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Pop cool downs? That just means the stuff like Rampart, right? I pop that stuff pretty much constantly now. Took a while to get in that mindset. Except sentinel. That still feels icoe

Exactly. While timing your cooldown use in endgame content becomes important, go ahead and use them regularly while you are leveling. They are of no benefit if you never use them (even if it isn't strictly necessary to Rampart on a three monster trash pull) and it makes things easier on the healer so they can spend more time adding to the DPS output.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I voted #9 Male and #21 for Female.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also, if you pull multiple packs, please please please use a defensive cooldown.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Obligatum VII posted:

Unless I'm misreading, how can a kicking rad pompadour be losing so badly to generic haircuts that barely differ from existing hairstyle options?
Because life just isn't fair. And it's your latter point that bothers me most. We have plenty of pretty boy hair options. What we need is a pompadour. Don't they know the best animes have pompadours? If only JoJos Season 4 had aired in time, this wouldn't be an issue.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dark Knight is a cool class and I like its weapon out idle pose

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DolphinCop posted:

casual reminder that humans outnumber every other race in every single mmo where being human is an option

No true in tera, but Im sure thats the one outlier.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

I love it because it's straight up Satsuki Kiryuin's pose in Kill la Kill
:goonsay:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Intoluene posted:

I love it because it's straight up Satsuki Kiryuin's pose in Kill la Kill
:goonsay:

Or Saber.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dr Pepper posted:

Are you floating?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Are you floating?

No, she's demonstrating her shoulder game and balancing on the sword.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

DolphinCop posted:

I wonder how much of this is influenced by humans being the default choice. If another race were default, would they take the top spot instead? Probably not, but I bet it would be closer.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think it has something to do with many people desiring characters they can relate with, so humans naturally are the closest match to that rather than others.

To those people I say gently caress that why be a boring human when I can be a bara roe.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I hope female 23 gets more love, but longer hair usually wins for ladies so :smith:

too bad, I think it's p cute

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think the company tabard looks pretty good in jet black.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GknFZHY9XAA

I don't really know how to describe this other than amazing. :allears:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No true in tera, but Im sure thats the one outlier.

Tera lets you play as a pug.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Finally got around to buying ARR and Heavensward to upgrade my trial account, now I'm stoked to getm y potion of fantasia because I made a catboy and I Regret. Do I get that at the end of the free month / beginning of first paid month or do I have to wait for my first paid month to end? I can't decide between lalafel and the new race anyway so this gives me time to decide but being a catboy for another a month is hard

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Nyu for 1d4 points of damage
Beat Ifrit today for the first time ever, that was exciting. Not sure why it took 3 tries to kill the thing, or why the first time I had so much time keeping the drat thing tanked, but killed it. Apparently, you've got to kill the fang sword thing when it drops, but that wasn't nearly as difficult as not standing in fire. Excitement!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I was looking at the official site and:

What the hell is this?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Eerkik posted:

Finally got around to buying ARR and Heavensward to upgrade my trial account, now I'm stoked to getm y potion of fantasia because I made a catboy and I Regret. Do I get that at the end of the free month / beginning of first paid month or do I have to wait for my first paid month to end? I can't decide between lalafel and the new race anyway so this gives me time to decide but being a catboy for another a month is hard

You should get it as soon as you pay for your first month.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

eggrolled posted:

I hope female 23 gets more love, but longer hair usually wins for ladies so :smith:

too bad, I think it's p cute

gently caress that. I'm sick and tired of short hair. 95% of the hair in the game is short hair. There are no good long hair styles. Give me some big bushy long hair please.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress that. I'm sick and tired of short hair. 95% of the hair in the game is short hair. There are no good long hair styles. Give me some big bushy long hair please.

I think it depends on the race. As a midlander we are stuck with far too many short hairstyles and not enough long ones. Highlanders and aura are probably the best there. :smith:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

And very few long hairstyles that don't clip horribly.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Unlike say Bioware they actually seem to care a little bit about blatant clipping problems which rules out long hair. Well, unless they ditch console support and raise the minimum requirements to something ridiculous.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

that's some very passionate anger about short hair for women in video games

:catstare:

E: okay maybe not anger but hoo boy that was an 'enthusiastic' response

eggrolled fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 2, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

eggrolled posted:

Not really

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So I was thinking about buying the soundtrack and for some reason I can't buy the whole album - only individual songs - off iTunes. Anyone know what's up?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Eimi posted:

I think it depends on the race. As a midlander we are stuck with far too many short hairstyles and not enough long ones. Highlanders and aura are probably the best there. :smith:

I think highlander get like two long hair styles. Same with catgirls. And one of those, you have to have a headband. The other is braided.

I just want a super long hair style that goes have way down my character's back.

I mean, compare the hair styles we have to what Guild Wars 2 has for human female:

I would kill for one like the hairstyle at the end of the second row. But honestly, so many of those feel completely different. It feels like there are about 8 unique hairstyles in FF14 and then all the others are just those 8 with minor variations.

And for the sake of equality, here are GW2's human male:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

vOv posted:

I was looking at the official site and:

What the hell is this?

Looks like a free trial, something that basically every MMO offers. Or are you referring to something else about the picture?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looks like a free trial, something that basically every MMO offers. Or are you referring to something else about the picture?

I don't recognize what it's a picture of, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I MADE A MISTAKE

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

vOv posted:

I don't recognize what it's a picture of, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phUCJlomPo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Clipping is an issue with my Roegadame. I got long hair on her and it always gets in the way of hoods when I'm a WHM.

Yeah there's too many humes. I've already been a catgirl, a lalafell, and now a roe. I won't do elezen because that's too close to Hume anyways. Going from super tiny to super huge was an adjustment. Lalas always appear sprinting just to keep up whereas Roes merely jog. I thought I was going slower than usual at first.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

eggrolled posted:

E: okay maybe not anger but hoo boy that was an 'enthusiastic' response
I was going to post that guy who had a continual, insane meltdown about Cassandra from Dragon Age "looking like a man" because of her short hair, but I wanted to die after like three pages of his reddit history trying to find it, sorry

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I was hopping through timestamps in this to find where that image is from (4:44) and I realized Lalafell eyes don't have pupils. How the gently caress do they see?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

vOv posted:

I was hopping through timestamps in this to find where that image is from (4:44) and I realized Lalafell eyes don't have pupils. How the gently caress do they see?

Very Carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

vOv posted:

Only Dunesfolk Lalafells appear to not have pupils - the pupils on Plainsfolk are entirely visible. Dunesfolk do have pupils, but they also evolved a protective layer of tissue across their eyes to help with the bright sun and harsh sands of the Thanalan desert. Meanwhile, Plainsfolk have a predilection for earth tones in their hair, greens and browns and such, to help them blend in from above as a protection against Vylbrand's flying predators.

• Locked thread