Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The twist will be that he could have sprung out of her already but liked being with her so much he didnt. :kimchi:

So whats Katzes favorite thing? Controlling people? Being around people? Being accepted by them? Its supposed to be the same as Gelsadra and it could go either way painting one of the two in a different light.

Suffering.

Look how the Kuus are all about cuddling up to/eating people in distress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So whats Katzes favorite thing? Controlling people? Being around people? Being accepted by them? Its supposed to be the same as Gelsadra and it could go either way painting one of the two in a different light.

I assumed the answer was conflict. "What's the easiest thing to get in to, but the hardest to get out of?" Conflict is a pretty good answer to that on it's own and it's definitely something that Katz loves too. Plus, the word came up several other times prominently in the episode.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

tsob posted:

I assumed the answer was conflict. "What's the easiest thing to get in to, but the hardest to get out of?" Conflict is a pretty good answer to that on it's own and it's definitely something that Katz loves too. Plus, the word came up several other times prominently in the episode.

p sure the answer to that riddle should be "debt" in the modern world

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

tsob posted:

A party is easy to join but difficult to get out of when you know people there and there was a big party going on with the Kuu's.

I like that there hasn't been much Gatchaman fighting yet.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm pretty sure it's Katze's conflict vs Gel's unity.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I get the feeling Katze is going to be the one who defeats Gel

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I want to see Katze's Gatcha suit in the show.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Normie Slayer posted:

Katze defeats Gel, copies him, BECOMES GOD NOW.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fangz posted:

Katze defeats Gel, copies him, BECOMES GOD NOW.
HAJIME IS ALREADY GOD THOUGH

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Hajime is Buddha, not God.

Hajime is Buddha, JJ is God, Berg-Katze is Satan, Rui is Jesus, Gelsadra is Xenu and Tsubasa is L Ron Hubbard. Just wait until next season when we get Thor and Muhammad in on the action.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Looking forward to Hajime and crew talking to somebody off-screen the audience is never permitted to see.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The twist will be that he could have sprung out of her already but liked being with her so much he didnt. :kimchi:

Enforcing his will on people.

At this point I'm not sure whether I dislike Milione or Rizumu more. It's close.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Bad Seafood posted:

Looking forward to Hajime and crew talking to somebody off-screen the audience is never permitted to see.

Hey, Thor's a public domain character, he doesn't belong to Disney no matter how much they're going to try.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Imagine a picture of me applauding here, but with sincerity.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

dogsicle posted:

the giant Kuu-sama that was holding Rui looked super comfy. I don't want to want one!!

daijoubu, dogsicle-chan? It's okay. You don't have to worry about it anymore. Postings gotta be really tiring, huh. You did real good. Let's all become one! Gel-lululu... :)

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

God, X's upset voice still makes me sad. I thought that wound had closed after the first season, but nope.

I imagine Jou is going to flip the everloving gently caress out next episode, considering what just happened. I could certainly do with some more Phoenix action scenes.

Also: (possible spoilers from looking at OST art) Hajime is holding two NOTEs in the art, her own one and a brown one. Its not Tsubasas, so whose is it? I can't remember what colour Rizumu's is.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Aug 31, 2015

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Normie Slayer posted:

I'm not sure Gel needs to be "defeated"; he seemed just as confused by what was going on as everyone else and he doesn't seem the type to be ok with mass killings... though I could see the Kuu persuading him it was for the best. At the moment, I'm guessing this ends with Gel realising he was wrong, or at least that humans aren't amenable to his methods, rather than him going full supervillain, but we'll see.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I meant defeating as moreso "stopping." Like, not rendering incapacitated, just halted in their action.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I am not really sure the situation is such that Gel can just 'stop'.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

conflict causes boom. pretty fireworks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Conot posted:

God, X's upset voice still makes me sad. I thought that wound had closed after the first season, but nope.

I imagine Jou is going to flip the everloving gently caress out next episode, considering what just happened. I could certainly do with some more Phoenix action scenes.

Also: (possible spoilers from looking at OST art) Hajime is holding two NOTEs in the art, her own one and a brown one. Its not Tsubasas, so whose is it? I can't remember what colour Rizumu's is.

That note is Katze's

Fangz posted:

I am not really sure the situation is such that Gel can just 'stop'.

Well Katze was in a similar position last season and he was "stopped". It depends on the type of person Gel really is, if hes a person that can learn from experiences then he'll stop himself. If not, well maybe hajime and Katze have room for another.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 31, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Rui's hosed-up bliss coma was a pretty good metaphor for like having a nervous breakdown and just imploding into a heroin/oxy/whatever binge, too, what with the dark room and spilled jar of jelly beans.

I think Katz hangs around Hajime largely for his own reasons- I'm assuming he's functionally immortal, so he's really "wasting time" there, and her detached attitude, blatant self-honesty and lack of conflict aversion make her something like a kindred spirit for Katz. He doesn't really have anything to lose by sticking around, especially since she seems to have the willpower to actually fight him on equal terms. He's basically having a fun time being rude boobs, and he'll probably burst out of her chest like one of those cakes with the showgirl inside 70 years from now when she kicks the bucket, and be able to keep doing whatever he feels like.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hell, I wouldn't be adverse to spending some time in Hajime's boobs either

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

Hell, I wouldn't be adverse to spending some time in Hajime's boobs either

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Gel will unify with Katze and the resulting paradox will destroy the space-time continuum!

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I love the new thread title. All hail Paiman.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Now combining my top obsessions expensive stationery and anime:

source: http://www.ntvshop.jp/410/p/g/gva652-00001/

Re-released for Insight too.

Kuu does look somewhat comfortable if we move away from the "Let's Become One" part. I imagine most people could benefit from therapy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Alder posted:

Man, if I had the money and/or the ability to read Japanese...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
hnnnng want so I can pile it with all my other journals and notepads I never write in.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

It's only ten bucks, right? Maybe the shipping is where they get you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Agronox posted:

It's only ten bucks, right? Maybe the shipping is where they get you.

I tried to get it shipped but it required a prefecture and that was where I couldn't continue.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Senerio posted:

I tried to get it shipped but it required a prefecture and that was where I couldn't continue.

Yes, sadly it's one of the domestic exclusives but oh well.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
I really should've seen this coming since "kuu" means "to eat." That shot with the guy getting consumed was downright spine-chilling, as silly as it was, because the ramifications are so horrifying. God, why is Gatchaman always so good at cliffhangers?

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Alder posted:

I had this person. make me a NOTE phone case (for my Note 3, as it were).

It's bulky, is starting to smear along the edges, and costed me $30, but it's the only nerd accessory I need.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

smidgeonnn posted:

I had this person. make me a NOTE phone case (for my Note 3, as it were).

It's bulky, is starting to smear along the edges, and costed me $30, but it's the only nerd accessory I need.

That's really cool, in a nerd reference accessory kind of way

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

smidgeonnn posted:

I like it :3:

Although probably would go with a darker color as all my white notebooks tend to look grayish over time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The hand drawn designs are a nice attempt, but they're very QUALITY to the point where I'd rather buy it clean.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol you paid $30 for someone to draw on a phone case with a pen

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

NowonSA posted:

I'm sure that monster lunging at a woman on the ground was just trying to help her back onto her feet.

You all thought I was being sarcastic, but I was being serious. drat you, limitations of internet communication :argh:!

Also, I can't believe no one made the connection that Kuus look like barber poles, or if someone did I missed it. They're trimming the population until everyone is one just like barbers trim hairs.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

NowonSA posted:

You all thought I was being sarcastic, but I was being serious. drat you, limitations of internet communication :argh:!

Also, I can't believe no one made the connection that Kuus look like barber poles, or if someone did I missed it. They're trimming the population until everyone is one just like barbers trim hairs.

I wonder if they have a concept of discretion, or they're gonna start eating people in plain view. They don't seem bothered by Jou seeing that.

• Locked thread