Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
How great is that?? Thanks for the link. Most videos on PGATour.com don't work for me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Jason Day won again that means he's officially better than Jordan Spieth and Greg Norman. Just Tiger to surpass now, and by my reckoning (and Australian sports media I'm sure) he just has to win one more tournament this year I'd say.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Professional golf is freaking loaded with talent these days. Good times.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
drat David Feherty got fired. I actually laughed when I saw him running around with his backpack on in Greensboro. It looks so ridiculous in person.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Ribsauce posted:

drat David Feherty got fired. I actually laughed when I saw him running around with his backpack on in Greensboro. It looks so ridiculous in person.

Hire the guys who do the Euro Tour. US Tour coverage & commentary is poo poo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He's still got his show with Golf channel, I'd imagine he'll wind up getting more exposure on NBC in various capacities.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)

Ribsauce posted:

drat David Feherty got fired.

You mean they couldn't agree to a contract? Or did he actually get fired?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Oh, is it time to post my favorite David Fehrerty video again? So soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55We_ljGNIs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sarehu posted:

You mean they couldn't agree to a contract? Or did he actually get fired?

SBJ says it's the former.

quote:

Feherty, who has been with CBS for 19 years, called his last golf tournament with CBS last weekend at The Barclays. Sources said the two sides could not reach an agreement on Feherty’s role on the network’s golf coverage.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

DJExile posted:

SBJ says it's the former.

He probably wanted to get in a booth somewhere so he can stop chasing golfers around the course in a full suit every week and CBS didn't want to kick one of the other guys out. If you've seen him in person covering a tournament you'd know that dude busts his rear end all day (as do all of those guys, of course) and he's not exactly young any more.

Giant Goober
Nov 6, 2009
Oh dear, I had my first telling off for not meeting the dress code. Turns out my socks weren't white or plain enough. Thankfully the guest pack the course hands out contains white ankle socks so crisis averted. I guess if they are handing out socks to guests I can't be the first to have gotten it wrong. Should have just worn pants and it wouldn't have been a problem :(

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Giant Goober posted:

Oh dear, I had my first telling off for not meeting the dress code. Turns out my socks weren't white or plain enough. Thankfully the guest pack the course hands out contains white ankle socks so crisis averted. I guess if they are handing out socks to guests I can't be the first to have gotten it wrong. Should have just worn pants and it wouldn't have been a problem :(

You my friend, are indeed, a giant goober.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Giant Goober posted:

This is why I play city courses. So I can golf in grey/neon green spikes, hiking socks, cargo shorts, and under armor. The way God intended in the California heat.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Jorts and a wife beater for me.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Giant Goober posted:

Golf courses where you live must be doing pretty well if they can get away with that. Here the only restrictions are "collared shirt" and "no clothes with tears/holes in them" and that still seems to drive a lot of business away.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

golf naked :q:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

golf naked :q:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/10/man-arrested-for-golfing-naked-in-hyannis/ :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Look how happy that fucker is in his mugshot. That was 100% worth it.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Giant Goober posted:

I've never heard someone get called on their socks before, what type of socks were these? I've also never seen someone wear cargo shorts golfing which I also find mildly ridiculous unless they're dri-fit or something. I have a friend that doesn't golf much so he wears all cotton stuff i.e. normal polo shirts and khaki shorts, in 100 degrees. He sweats through both in like the first 10 minutes.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

thebushcommander posted:

I've never heard someone get called on their socks before, what type of socks were these? I've also never seen someone wear cargo shorts golfing which I also find mildly ridiculous unless they're dri-fit or something. I have a friend that doesn't golf much so he wears all cotton stuff i.e. normal polo shirts and khaki shorts, in 100 degrees. He sweats through both in like the first 10 minutes.

Dude. Cargo shorts are a staple of SETX courses. One pocket for tees, one pocket for golf balls, one pocket for divot tool and ball marker and glove, and the last pocket for a few beers.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Cargo shorts should be banned across America

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I've only recently learned that apparently I'm a monster for having so many pairs of cargo shorts. gently caress the haters. I got my balls, tees, divot tool, eCig all ready to go.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Cargo shorts would be so hot to play in down here. A good pair of golf shorts are so awesome in the heat.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

Cargo shorts would be so hot to play in down here. A good pair of golf shorts are so awesome in the heat.

I agree that a good pair of golf shorts is better than cargo shorts hands down, but cotton cargo shorts aren't uncomfortable in the heat.

Also, you know how many ladies I got in high school while wearing cargo shorts and zip off cargo pants?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Kameh posted:

I agree that a good pair of golf shorts is better than cargo shorts hands down, but cotton cargo shorts aren't uncomfortable in the heat.

Also, you know how many ladies I got in high school while wearing cargo shorts and zip off cargo pants?

Is it the amount of major championships that Sergio Garcia has won?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:laffo: that's awful

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Nerdrock posted:

I've only recently learned that apparently I'm a monster for having so many pairs of cargo shorts. gently caress the haters. I got my balls, tees, divot tool, eCig all ready to go.

I am literally right now finding out I am in the same boat as you. And I still give no fucks. Pockets for everything I ever need. :smug:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Sergio not playing this week?

Ahh guess not:

http://progolfnow.com/2015/09/02/sergio-garcia-proves-why-the-pga-tour-needs-to-fix-the-fedex-cup-playoffs/

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 4, 2015

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

DoctaFun posted:

Is it the amount of major championships that Sergio Garcia has won?

Kameh seems like a ladies man, it's probably closer to the number of balls Sergio put into the water on 17 during the final round of the 2013 Players

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat, yall are being vicious to kameh tonight

almost as vicious as Sundays are to Sergio

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
I mean, the answer was "just a couple." But y'all had to go and slay my boy.

Bunch of vicious wolves.

Giant Goober
Nov 6, 2009

thebushcommander posted:

The white socks are the socks they gave me, the other socks are what I'd normally wear. Ricky Fowler orange laces probably didn't help. It was at one of the top courses in Australia and I should have known better and bothered to check the dress regulations.

Shorts are fantastic for golf especially paired with boxers and a good breeze, keeps everything cool.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Giant Goober posted:

The white socks are the socks they gave me, the other socks are what I'd normally wear. Ricky Fowler orange laces probably didn't help. It was at one of the top courses in Australia and I should have known better and bothered to check the dress regulations.

Shorts are fantastic for golf especially paired with boxers and a good breeze, keeps everything cool.

Haha that's a bit of wank. Golf clubs are down on membership across the board and they still pull this crap. Which course mate?

Giant Goober
Nov 6, 2009
It was NSW golf club, I get the feeling they don't really need to worry about membership numbers. Really nice location and really interesting course. It's certainly a place you need to play several times to really find the proper lines.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh cool. Yeah they're fine for money :) I've played The Coast and St Michaels but am yet to try NSW. Id like to see how it stacks up against Melbourne sand belt tracks.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have shot 100 in 3 consecutive rounds, each round consisting of me failing miserably on a single hole and shooting 9. All par 4's. :argh:

Going out this afternoon but Im just not feeling it today. Rough week at work because of the long weekend means Im just pooped, and its still freaking 30 outside (38 with humidity), so Im not expecting a great round.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
In what world do those white socks look better?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
In Australia it's like opposite day every day.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Apparently, the (replacement) 915F I ordered on Aug 21 isn't going to get here until next Thursday because, get this, there was a backorder on the weight.

First of all, how do you not have literally 50,000 of those just sitting around? They can't cost more than 25 cents to manufacture.

Also, the only reason I ordered a non-standard weight is because I extended my driver 1/2" and can use the lighter weight from the 3 wood in my driver to get it back to a standard swing weight.