Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Nalesh posted:

Oh right I forgot that DE hates fun.

That was exactly my reaction when I tried to slot my second bullet jump mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can kind of understand them not letting us slot more than one mobility mod, I just attributed it to it being the same reason they don't let us slot both the normal and Primed versions at the same time.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I'm with SynthOrange on the shotguns, Sobek is incredible and the 20 rounds mag is massively useful, Hek and Tigris are nice but most of the time you just massively overkill stuff and then have to reload. It's not like it's weak either my current one can oneshot Grineer heavies up to lvl 30 or so. The reload time takes some planning but you can clear the air enough with a mag that it's not really a problem.

Plus it's really satisfying to have a full auto shotgun and just let lose on large packs.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can kind of understand them not letting us slot more than one mobility mod, I just attributed it to it being the same reason they don't let us slot both the normal and Primed versions at the same time.

But they do let us slot rare mods that do the very same but are called different as can be seen by the 'differet' piercing, slashing, etc damage mods they released via events So maybe we get a new set of rare movement mods in some future event that will do the same, but will be named different and will be allowed to be slotted together. It's just that DE doesn't want everyone to have fun.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
My current favorite gun in the game is any continuous fire primary with combustion beam on Banshee.

Sonar's multiplier and Combustion Beam chaining can destroy entire lanes instantly if they're grouped up right.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kafouille posted:

Hek and Tigris are nice but most of the time you just massively overkill stuff and then have to reload.
No such thing as overkill. :black101:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kafouille posted:

Hek and Tigris are nice but most of the time you just massively overkill stuff and then have to reload.
Hmm use a reasonable amount of power on an enemy, or shoot them so hard they go flying two rooms over

I know what I choose

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

With Primed Point Blank you can still do that with the Sobek and not have to reload every time you click.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
You can also continue to shoot the ragdoll and juggle it across the map until it dissolves, if you so choose.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Plus with Hek you get JUSTICE and blow everything up which is ALWAYS rad.

and a free heal for yourself to go with it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Skeet shooting with a blast modded tigris is the best thing. Trigger down to send an enemy flying, trigger up to launch his ragdoll into space.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Went past 1,100 hours on this game.

Reactor spent: 32
Catalyst spent: 52
Forma spent: 135 (Warframe: 24, Sentinel: 5, Primary: 65, Secondary: 37, Melee: 4) Braton Prime has whopping 7 forma.

I still have Kohm/ak to forma but finally ran out of my stock (had about 40 bp initially) so it's going to either wait or I might end up using 20 plat per forma.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Stop talking about the sobek, steve can hear us :ssh: They even nerfed my wonderful quanta, i was having too much fun shooting cubes.

edit, cubes cannot be shot.

I found it funny how much work and how painful it is to get your items without vacuum. Without vacuum i cannot enjoy warframe. Way too much crap on the ground to pickup. If they would give everyone a small vacuum and the carrier vacuum as it is the game would improve alot.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 1, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What happened to the Quanta? :smith:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

SynthOrange posted:

What happened to the Quanta? :smith:
What do you mean? You should be able to copy bp from dojo.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can't explode the cubes anymore. Might be a bug though.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Got Terminal Velocity for 10p instead of usual 40p :getin: QoL improvement because I don't have to use Blind Rage any more.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

With Primed Point Blank you can still do that with the Sobek and not have to reload every time you click.

Can you one-shot T3 heavy gunners with it? Because that's why I'm putting so many Forma into my Hek.

I'll probably build the Sobek at some point as well, I need mastery points.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day
Neurode farming is the worst and I hate everything.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Just run Earth Excavation with a Nekros. Too bad they nerfed Hydroid Pilfering Swarm, used to get 12ish neurodes from that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm making a Hek right now and I think I still have a potato left over. Slow firing weapons that send idiots flying is my flavor of love and the reason I used Paris for forever. Long reload times? Sounds like a good time to throw out my glaive.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hek reload isn't actually that bad. Granted, I used the LatPrime before that, but the Hek is only 2 seconds. That seems pretty average.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 1, 2015

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

You can also continue to shoot the ragdoll and juggle it across the map until it dissolves, if you so choose.
I called this Corpus Space Program back when I was doing this to Nef Anyo, with Kestrel for the initial vertical ragdoll bounce, then Hek as the four stage booster.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Fish Noise posted:

I called this Corpus Space Program back when I was doing this to Nef Anyo, with Kestrel for the initial vertical ragdoll bounce, then Hek as the four stage booster.

Does the Kestrel still launch select bosses into orbit despite them being alive?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I've never done it, but I heard that you can instantly kill Alad V with the Kestrel by knocking him off the platform.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I heard that the halikar disarms things Loki style. Does the boom from power throw do the same?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Does aiming in with shotguns make the spread smaller, or is that just the Phage?

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Rainuwastaken posted:

I heard that the halikar disarms things Loki style. Does the boom from power throw do the same?

Halikar has no boom. Sure it had the effect butnit does no damage. It is a bad weapon.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Does aiming in with shotguns make the spread smaller, or is that just the Phage?

Just the Phage.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If it not only did the disarm effect in PvP but brought the other guys' weapon back to you so you could shoot them with their own gun, I would be (slightly) less critical of PvP :getin:
The :qq: But my special weapon! :qq: shitfits would be just as if not more glorious as the ones from TF2.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 1, 2015

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Hek reload isn't actually that bad. Granted, I used the LatPrime before that, but the Hek is only 2 seconds. That seems pretty average.

Two seconds is the perfect amount of time to appreciate the carnage Hek and Seeking Fury can do. Before doing it all over again. :getin:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is that unmodded? Either way, 2 seconds is fine. I was thinking LMG levels.

I'm wracked with indecision about my next frame. I have slots, potatoes, materials and the gear to go grind for blueprints. Ugh, it's so daunting.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Inzombiac posted:

I'm wracked with indecision about my next frame

What frames do you already have?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mag or Mag Prime for Greedy Pull.

Oh right.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Should I even bother with Archwing? I have done the first couple of AW missions easy enough, but then I got in one where it felt like i had to empty the clip to kill one mook (all while not being one-shot by one of the dozen other mooks in the swarm.) Seems incomplete or something...or do i have to grind out the first couple of missions for better gear?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dead on Arrival posted:

Seems incomplete or something

He's figured it out!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Dead on Arrival posted:

Should I even bother with Archwing? I have done the first couple of AW missions easy enough, but then I got in one where it felt like i had to empty the clip to kill one mook (all while not being one-shot by one of the dozen other mooks in the swarm.) Seems incomplete or something...or do i have to grind out the first couple of missions for better gear?
Well, first, ask in clan for AW mods. Your starter Archwing and melee weapon are fine, while your starting gun is pretty much the best general purpose gun in Archwing.

As for why the difficulty feels like it's suddenly ramping up, it's true that Archwing is still in a really early state, but I think this in particular arises from planets having only a single Archwing node. So when you're completing them one after the other, you're actually taking a much steeper planet-to-planet climb, rather than the gradual node-to-node progression of a single planet where the total level range is much more even.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Dead on Arrival posted:

Grind earth interception for AW mods. Don't bother grinding for AW weapons, they're utter poo poo. Imperator is best AW gun by a wide margin. Get the Itzal from dojo. Buy Furax blueprint from market. Build it. Master it. Then feed it to make Knux from the dojo. You're all set for AW. No need to touch it anymore unless you're hard up for mastery.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

wid posted:

Grind earth interception for AW mods. Don't bother grinding for AW weapons, they're utter poo poo. Imperator is best AW gun by a wide margin. Get the Itzal from dojo. Buy Furax blueprint from market. Build it. Master it. Then feed it to make Knux from the dojo. You're all set for AW. No need to touch it anymore unless you're hard up for mastery.

I am only Mastery 8, does that lock me out of anything I should be gunning for? And thanks for the advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Dead on Arrival posted:

I am only Mastery 8, does that lock me out of anything I should be gunning for? And thanks for the advice.

I think Mastery 8 is the highest item gate.