Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Dead on Arrival posted:

I am only Mastery 8, does that lock me out of anything I should be gunning for? And thanks for the advice.

Pro-tip for Mastery (from someone at Rank 16): Mastery doesn't mean poo poo after Rank 10. Unless you are a crazy person don't grind for mastery after that.

Or do. It gives you something to do and you get to try new guns and frames. Nothing is mastery locked after 10 though other than loadout slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
At MR8, all content (maps, missions, and weapons) is open to you with the Pluto Relay. At 10, you get your last excavator slot. Past that, more loadout slots and daily rep.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cryophage posted:

What frames do you already have?

Excal, Ecal Prime, Banshee, Nyx and Vauban. All maxed except regular Excal.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Been looking at my Soma Prime, feels like damage output is kinda low even with the potato. Is critting for 1000 normal for this thing?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Well you're missing Heavy Caliber.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
On the topic of warframes, I just built Oberon. Can any Good Users give me some hints as to how I should play him. I'm kinda flummoxed with him. Is he area of denial, defensive, support? Does he need some augment to shine?

I think I should fit him for health and armour right, with the usual range/strength power mods?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
If you want to utilize his regen ability you'd want to have at least 50% duration (from 100%) so the dot heal isn't too slow. Otherwise build for strength/range with hp/armor.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
actually Renewal heals slower with less duration. it's an inverse relationship.

more duration = faster heal.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Inzombiac posted:

Excal, Ecal Prime, Banshee, Nyx and Vauban. All maxed except regular Excal.

Rhino's fun for solo play, Iron skin allows you to instantly stop taking damage and also not get knocked down. Trinity is also fun, she has no crowd control at all but with link+blessing you can take no damage and heal any damage you do take, plus energy vampire means you can cast it constantly. People ask for you to play trin for energy vampire+healing but I just use her to make myself immortal. If they wanted to not die ever then they should have picked trin too.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

A good Trinity makes the rest of the team immortal to.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Denzine posted:

actually Renewal heals slower with less duration. it's an inverse relationship.

more duration = faster heal.
I know, but it's kinda pointless to try stack duration just for Renewal since Oberon doesn't depend on duration, hence why I said -50% or above.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

LordBaxter posted:

Rhino's fun for solo play, Iron skin allows you to instantly stop taking damage and also not get knocked down. Trinity is also fun, she has no crowd control at all but with link+blessing you can take no damage and heal any damage you do take, plus energy vampire means you can cast it constantly. People ask for you to play trin for energy vampire+healing but I just use her to make myself immortal. If they wanted to not die ever then they should have picked trin too.

Fabulous Invincible Frames:

Valkyr with +duration for invincible stabmans forever

Frost can sit inside his Snowglobe bubble for (technically) invincible shootmans forever (FrostP has more base shields than Frost)

Add Trinity to the mix for extra invincibility :coal:

Also fun:

Mirage to shoot all the things while moving (Hall of Mirrors plus Hall of Malevolence plus Angstrum / Amprex makes me giggle every time)

Nova to explode all the things, +range with Antimatter Prime for chain reactions that can stretch across ridiculous distances (NovaP has more base shields and power than Nova)

I like all of those frames :)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

RhinoP is my go to frame and every time I play something else I get brutally reminded that knockdown is a thing. :(

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Slot Handspring in the exilus slot.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..

EDIT: I will trade my left 3 for the right 3 ones, the moment this drops.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 2, 2015

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Sandweed posted:

If that means you're willing to trade the Perrin/Loka/Veil weapons for the Suda/Hexis/Meridian ones, I'll take you up on that.
... Have they even revealed the latter 3 yet?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Rap Three Times posted:

On the topic of warframes, I just built Oberon. Can any Good Users give me some hints as to how I should play him. I'm kinda flummoxed with him. Is he area of denial, defensive, support? Does he need some augment to shine?

I think I should fit him for health and armour right, with the usual range/strength power mods?

You're pretty much on-point with the mods, strength is your number one, with range and efficiency added to taste. I play him basically like a Paladin: tons of health, healing, buffs/debuffs. Use your 1 to irradiate entire groups (+strength makes this thing nuts), use 2 to keep your team from being knocked down or status effected, use 3 to heal, and use 4 like a Rhino stomp that spawn a poo poo ton of health orbs.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Orabilis posted:

If that means you're willing to trade the Perrin/Loka/Veil weapons for the Suda/Hexis/Meridian ones, I'll take you up on that.
... Have they even revealed the latter 3 yet?

Yes I have Suda/Hexis/Meridian and I want Perrin/Loka/Veil

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Sandweed posted:

Slot Handspring in the exilus slot.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..

Taking bets on which syndicate primary is mysteriously worse than the base gun.

edit: Warframe isn't picking up commands from my new trackball's function buttons. Currently I have them set to be page up/page down, and then binding stuff to those buttons (which is what I did on my old trackball). The key binding menu doesn't respond when I hit the function keys. The only other game I've tried with it, Ziggurat, works just fine. Anyone have any advice?

edit2: my new trackball, not that it'll help because no one's heard of it, is an Elecom EX-G.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 2, 2015

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Male Man posted:

Taking bets on which syndicate primary is mysteriously worse than the base gun.

Hexis. It'll be a Sybaris or Tiberon with double the shots fired per burst.

Sandweed posted:

Yes I have Suda/Hexis/Meridian and I want Perrin/Loka/Veil
Why is it referred to left side when they're on the right side of the station? Confused newbie.

Orabilis fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 2, 2015

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Orabilis posted:

Why is it referred to left side when they're on the right side of the station? Confused newbie.

Because most of the time you just use the syndicate menu from your ship, avoiding loading screens and slooowly walking around the station like an rear end in a top hat. You can't turn in medallions from that screen and can't access the scanning-fetishist faction without entering the relay because?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Fair enough. Having to go through the parkour free zone is about as fun as searching for medallions...

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How many points does it take to get to the level to buy weapons? I really want a Vaykor Marelok.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How many points does it take to get to the level to buy weapons? I really want a Vaykor Marelok.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates
5k + 22k + 44k + 70k + 99k + 100k (for secondary).

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Syndicate weapons are MR8 locked to.

Orabilis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=918DKE7rk0Y

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Aesis posted:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates
5k + 22k + 44k + 70k + 99k + 100k (for secondary).

Great, only 300k reputation to go. That's going to be a slog when I'm levelling up Steel through Red Veil.

I also have about half a level's xp to go to level 8 mastery. Good thing I have the twin grakatas for a secondary until then.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
gently caress me, I just spent all my syndicate funbux buying a scarf. Why do you do this, DE.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Daily missions do not count against your daily rep cap, neither to the medallions. The bonus from the syndicate sigils also affects the bonus rep you get from daily missions. It's not that hard to get a shitload of rep.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Getting rep isn't the hard part. You get 1000x your account level every day, then the 3 rep missions, and however many medallions you can pick up. It's the offerings that are the real grindy bullshit. I've been stuck on rank 3 of arbiters for a while now because seriously dudes, a Bo Prime handle? Want me to get you anything else while I'm at it? A Prisma Gorgon maybe? Maxed Serration? loving assholes.

In other news, I made some castanas because they looked weird, and I have two questions:

a) haha what the gently caress are these

b) Why can't I put concealed explosives on these

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Daily missions do not count against your daily rep cap, neither to the medallions. The bonus from the syndicate sigils also affects the bonus rep you get from daily missions. It's not that hard to get a shitload of rep.

This. Get animal instinct and/or loot radar so the medals show up on you map, very handy.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The medals show up with animal instinct? Mind blown.

Yeah, it seems like the Soma prime barrel and Rhino Prime helmet, along with the 850k credits are going to be the main bottleneck.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Cicadalek posted:

Getting rep isn't the hard part. You get 1000x your account level every day, then the 3 rep missions, and however many medallions you can pick up. It's the offerings that are the real grindy bullshit. I've been stuck on rank 3 of arbiters for a while now because seriously dudes, a Bo Prime handle? Want me to get you anything else while I'm at it? A Prisma Gorgon maybe? Maxed Serration? loving assholes.

Bo Prime handle is easy now they added it to a few more voids. You can have one of mine I think I have 5.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The medals show up with animal instinct? Mind blown.

Yeah, it seems like the Soma prime barrel and Rhino Prime helmet, along with the 850k credits are going to be the main bottleneck.

Keep in mind they use the same Icon as crates, so it's not a cakewalk, but it still helps. The same is true for Sabotage caches.

Sandweed posted:

Bo Prime handle is easy now they added it to a few more voids. You can have one of mine I think I have 5.

I'll trade with you as well, getting close to that bottle neck.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

patchnotes posted:

New Sentinel:

Diriga - The Diriga shocks nearby enemies, and picks off distant threats, utilizing the Vulklok sniper rifle and the ‘Calculated Shot’, ‘Arc Coil’ and ‘Electro Pulse’ precepts.

New Syndicate Weapons:

New Primary weapons have been added to each Syndicate and are purchasable with 125,000 Standing at each Syndicate's Maximum Rank. Each of these weapons can trigger unique Syndicate effects appropriate to their Syndicate, and boast unique visual skins compared to their normal counterpart. These weapons can be traded as long as they are unranked and unused.

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Hek - Forged in the fires of rebel struggle, this shotgun is a force for liberation.
Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Boltor - Bring down judgement, with this boltor crafted by the Arbiters of Hexis.
Cephalon Suda: Synoid Simulor - Cephalon Suda’s custom issue Simulor was built to satisfy her curiosity.
Perrin Sequence: Secura Penta - Ruthless and efficient, just like the free-market.
Red Veil: Rakta Cernos - A finely tuned instrument of assassination.
New Loka: Sancti Tigris - Echo nature's violent beauty with this special Tigris.

Conclave Changes & Fixes:

Made some improvements to hitches or disconnects occurring for players when switching Loadouts mid-match. Expect additional fixes to this issue in the near future.
Heartseeker Conclave Mod is now available from Teshin
Heartseeker (Daggers only): Lock onto targets at close range with a melee weapon, but reduces blocking effectiveness.
The Ceramic Dagger, Dark Dagger, Heat Dagger, Karyst and Sheev can now be used in PvP.
The Penta, Hek, and Cernos can now be used in PvP.
Energy orbs will now start to appear 2 minutes after the start of a match.
Reduced the damage of Frost’s Freeze in PvP.
Reduced the damage of Frost’s Avalanche in PvP.
Fixed Teshin’s VO not properly playing mid-match.

Changes:

A message will now display when players are trying to claim an item from the Foundry without sufficient inventory slots.
Mirage’s clones produced from Hall of Mirrors will now display a smaller explosion when using the Concealed Explosives Mod to help improve performance.
Forma Blueprints will now only drop in one rotation, replaced by the following drops in these endless Mission rotations:
T1D Rotation A: Forma BP for T2MD Key.
T3D Rotation B: Forma BP for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
T4D Rotation B: Forma BP for Prime Carrier Systems.
T4D Rotation C: Forma BP for Hikou Pouch.
T3S Rotation C: Forma BP for Prime Carrier BP.
T4S Rotation A: Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
T4S Rotation B: Forma Blueprint for Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack.
Find the updated Drop Tables here: https://forums.warfr...drop-locations/
Increased the number of Fusion Core stacks in Derelict Defense Tier B to triple stacks.

Fixes:

Fixed an issue causing MK1-Bratons to appear in player equipment profiles.
Fixed Drekar Heavy Gunners not having the proper drop rates for Heavy Gunner enemies.
Fixed Drekar Heavy Gunners dropping Orokin Cells.
Fixed an improper visual effect on Mag’s Shield Polarize.
Fixed Quanta and Quanta Vandal projectiles not exploding when shot by a Client.
Fixed Nyx’s Absorb not shielding Sentinels from AoE damage occurring from within the Absorb bubble.
Fixed a rare deadlock that would occur when moving in Archwing Missions.
Fixed AoE damage counting towards earning a ‘headshot’.
Fixed an error allowing colors in the Arsenal color customization to be used on weapons when not properly selected.
Fixed Loki’s Switch Teleport being able to pull players in Archwing out of water.
Fixed certain waypoint markers not disappearing after the enemy has been defeated (such as Void Vor, Oculysts and Synthesis targets).
Fixed player waypoints created on bleedout not being removed after the player has been revived.
Fixed the notification for purchasing weapon slots reading that players will receive 1 slot for 12 Platinum instead of properly readon 2 slots for 12 Platinum.
Fixed issues with not being able to progress in Vor's Prize by ensuring players are rewarded proper resources at end of mission
Fixed an issue causing Clients to get disconnected and then host migrated away from a Mission.
Fixed an area where players can get stuck in the wall in the opening Tutorial Mission.
Fixed the screen shake effects on Happy Zephyr not matching Zephyr’s jumps.
Fixed a permanent motion blur effect that would occur after the second room in Wyrmius.
Fixed various localization issues.

The syndicate weapons require Mastery Rank 12.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
vaykor hek.

MY

BALLS.

As I said in clanchat, I'm buying the left three.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Haha Steel Meridian supremacy yet again. :getin:

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Cicadalek posted:

The syndicate weapons require Mastery Rank 12.

Halfway through r11. This news is like an iron blow to the stomach.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy gently caress vaykor hek. i thought the hek would get de-throned with tigris getting a tigris version, but nope. I wish I paid more attention to leveling my syndicates...

double gently caress: I stopped at Mastery 8. I have kept leveling stuff though so I should be able to do a bunch of mastery levels at the same time.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 2, 2015

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

You can't even buy them without rank 12, so you also get to miss out on selling a synoid simulor for way too much plat.

Steam says I have 252 hours in Warframe, I feel like I've earned the right to use all the lovely guns I can buy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Vaykor Hek can't take Justice Hek mod. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
VAYKOR HEK :gizz:

edit: Glad I decided to keep chipping away at mastery, I'm not too far off from 12 now.

double edit:

SSNeoman posted:

Vaykor Hek can't take Justice Hek mod. :rip:

:negative:

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 2, 2015