Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Silver Falcon posted:

Don't listen to the guy above me; Hyrule Warrior's multiplayer is great.

what is "great" about reduced enemies, increased pop-in, and the resolution going down to something like 240p?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Still gonna pick it up b/c we all like dynasty/samurai warriors and we'll probably still play it single player. Appreciate the warning on the multiplayer though.

Silver Falcon posted:

Definitely pick up New Super Mario Brothers U or Super Mario 3D World, or both! Both game allow up to 4 players, each controlling a different character. In 3D World, each of the characters have slightly different abilities, while in NSMBU they're all functionally the same. Both are great fun and are also a great single player experience!

Cool! I imagine it'll be pretty great to have three people over and have us all yell at each other as we cause each other to fall into pits and poo poo. Didn't know 3d world had multiplayer so i'm deffo gonna get that.

What's hot on the coming soon docket? Anything interesting?

oh poo poo yeah i should probably pick up splatoon too

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
just a heads up: if you buy Mario Maker from Best Buy on 9/11 you can get a $20 discount on Mario Kart/Smash/Splatoon.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

just a heads up: if you buy Mario Maker from Best Buy on 9/11 you can get a $20 discount on Mario Kart/Smash/Splatoon.

I will never forget to take advantage of these savings!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Excels posted:

what is "great" about reduced enemies, increased pop-in, and the resolution going down to something like 240p?

Probably the fun that she had, maybe. You wiener.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

for the record the single player of HW is hella sick and just passing it around for people to mess with is awesome. make sure you download the DLC characters too, like Tingle.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Arrrthritis posted:

What's hot on the coming soon docket? Anything interesting?

oh poo poo yeah i should probably pick up splatoon too

Splatoon is amazing, but doesn't really offer anything on the local-multiplayer side.

Yoshi's Woolly World is coming up soon, Pokken Tournament is coming next spring and Star Fox Zero looks like it'll have co-op

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

codenameFANGIO posted:

Probably the fun that she had, maybe. You wiener.

The frame rate is headache inducing though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't had my Wii U connected to the internet in like 2 months and it's not reading my discs now. I'm trying to update, but I don't know when this update ends because I just got a hting for Wii Sports Club and i'm so confused because it still isn't reading my discs

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Splatoon is amazing, but doesn't really offer anything on the local-multiplayer side.

Yoshi's Woolly World is coming up soon, Pokken Tournament is coming next spring and Star Fox Zero looks like it'll have co-op

star fox zero has no local multiplayer apparently

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Baal posted:

I haven't had my Wii U connected to the internet in like 2 months and it's not reading my discs now. I'm trying to update, but I don't know when this update ends because I just got a hting for Wii Sports Club and i'm so confused because it still isn't reading my discs

I understand the first sentence and literally nothing else about this post.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
wii u not reading discs and i don't know why

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Nintendoland's Mario chase game was my top gaming experience since Rock Band came out for multiplayer. And maybe the most outright fun I've had in a long time with a game.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

NintendoLand's Zelda co-op and Mario Chase have been huge hits with every group I've introduced them to.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Baal posted:

wii u not reading discs and i don't know why

pretty sure it has nothing to do with connecting to the internet

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Excels posted:

star fox zero has no local multiplayer apparently

I read that it had no online multiplayer, but no local multi, really? Not even split screen? Is there a source on this?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It may or may not have a co-op mode with one player on the gamepad and one with another controller but if it does it'll basically be splitting the controls for one ship across two controllers, it won't be anything substantial.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's called Star Fox Zero cause they know you have zero friends

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It may or may not have a co-op mode with one player on the gamepad and one with another controller but if it does it'll basically be splitting the controls for one ship across two controllers, it won't be anything substantial.

Bring Back Double Dash

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Apparently Star Fox Zero has a co-op mode where one player controls the ship while the other handles shooting.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Apparently Star Fox Zero has a co-op mode where one player controls the ship while the other handles shooting.

I love that poo poo.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Excels posted:

Getting to mow down an army of baddies with the help of your buddy?

A lot of the missions in the Adventure maps were way easier with a second person to split the objectives, framerate drops or no. Plus it was more fun.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah, it would be nice if Hyrule Warriors ran better but it's still fun to play co-op. The game's all about managing threats at different parts of the map so you end up coordinating and taking on different obstacles and it's a real good time.

Also vouching for Nintendoland, especially because you can find it cheap. In addition to the aforementioned Zelda and Mario games, the Animal Crossing game is always a big hit. I like the Luigi's Mansion game but no one ever wants to play it with me.

And Mario 3D World is a must-buy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Awesome! posted:

pretty sure it has nothing to do with connecting to the internet

I was looking at stuff on google and apparently some people were have the same issue until they updated their wii u, which is why i asked

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Hello this thread from five pages ago.

Starfox looks like a fancy SoulStar for the Mega CD and I am okay with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObi13jlNy4

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
My refurb WW-edition Wii U arrived yesterday, I bought it as a party console and it immediately delivered. A few friends came over and we played Runbow and Mario Kart. Runbow is a ton of fun, I can't wait to get back to it. MK8 absolutely feels like the best MK yet. I feel a little overwhelmed with how many games I want to get and play. Even though I already picked up Splatoon, and it came with Nintendoland and WW, and I had a bunch of keys from the Nindie humble bundle... There isn't enough time!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Excels posted:

HW has horrible multiplayer, some people say it's still fun but the entire game downgrades immensely to allow a second player.

But to answer your question, keep an eye on Fast Racing Neo. It's basically a sequel to F-Zero made by indie devs

Warriors games are much more fun coop though. IT doesn't matter that it's degraded cuz the single player gets so boring eventually (In any Warriors game not singling out HW)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Runbow just came out on the eShop and is a pretty good local multiplayer game that supports 9 players.

I saw some gameplay footage of it. Unfortunately, it looks difficult for casual gamers. I feel like if I managed to actually get 9 people in a room to play it that most people would die instantly based on their skill level

If you already have those 3 games, Amazon may still be offering $10 off for Prime Members that reserve it.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Excels posted:

HW has horrible multiplayer, some people say it's still fun but the entire game downgrades immensely to allow a second player.

But to answer your question, keep an eye on Fast Racing Neo. It's basically a sequel to F-Zero made by indie devs
The first FAST game was more like Wipeout with a hint of Ikaruga with the polarity-swapping mechanics, and Neo looks about the same. But yeah, it'll still likely be the best way to get your high-speed anti-gravity racing fix.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

arcsig posted:

But yeah, it'll still likely be the best way to get your high-speed anti-gravity racing fix.

Until they add a 250cc option to MK8 at least

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
By the way Nintendo games are now available digitally on Amazon, which means a couple of things:

1) You can make digital purchases without needing a MasterCard or VISA like you need on the eShop. Mainly only an issue if you had an import American WiiU and your country's eShop cards don't work.

2) Amazon and Nintendo seen to have solved their beef, looks like you can buy 3ds from there now too instead of a third party seller.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Like Mario Kart also drops frames and starts looking way worse in multiplayer, but also you get to play with your friends.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Like Mario Kart also drops frames and starts looking way worse in multiplayer, but also you get to play with your friends.
Mario Kart 8 still looks real nice and runs at a smooth pace in multiplayer though, even if it looks way better in single player.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Hyrule Warriors multiplayer is fine but it's 1/1000 as much fun as Nintendoland, 3D World, NSMBWU, Kart, Smash, Donkey Kongs, etc. Also, Pikmin 3!! It has co-op challenges that are extremely fun and challenging. It works great!

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Asnorban posted:

Nintendoland's Mario chase game was my top gaming experience since Rock Band came out for multiplayer. And maybe the most outright fun I've had in a long time with a game.

My wife doesn't really play games much, she's obsessed with that poo poo. Every time we have people over she makes them all play. It is pretty drat fun though. Everybody who's played it digs it.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Fast Racing Neo has such an uninspired name. In the same vein: Action Sports! Violent Fighting! Intriguing Adventure!

Actually the game looks cool but aside from some neat stage hazards, very very bland - just like the name. They need the MegaRace announcer guy to spice things up a bit!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The company behind Fast Racing Neo built its reputation on making flashy tech demos for underpowered Nintendo hardware that aren't actually fun but boy howdy they sure do look real nice.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

The company behind Fast Racing Neo built its reputation on making flashy tech demos for underpowered Nintendo hardware that aren't actually fun but boy howdy they sure do look real nice.
I really enjoyed FAST Racing League, though. The only thing it was missing was an online mode.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

at least in MK you can still hear "YEAH! THE FINAL LAP!" although "YOU GOT BOOST POWER!" is lost to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Club Nintendo Goodbye Coin is up on Club Nintendo, and confirmed as the final item being added. 2,000 Stars for EU, 1,000 for AU. Club Nintendo's also making GBS threads the bed at the moment, so you might be waiting a bit to make your order.

• Locked thread