Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There's so much joy in scoping out an area and taking note of everything that could possibly help or hurt you. I love this so much. This is the best game of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

frank.club posted:

Skull fights are no f*ckin joke

They just kicked my rear end until I got fed up and switched to the ol' tried-and-true M60.

Also I am amazed by how big this game is. I've put an assload of hours into it already and I haven't even seen half the characters from the drat trailers.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

my god, this game is incredible.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

frank.club posted:

Skull fights are no f*ckin joke

I've seen them twice, and I've run both times. I dunno, they creep me out and then they kill me.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

I've seen them twice, and I've run both times. I dunno, they creep me out and then they kill me.

didnt even know you could fight them lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
where the gently caress is that sheep

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

where the gently caress is that sheep

sleeping next to a soldier in the middle of town

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SM64Guy posted:

didnt even know you could fight them lol

Ocelot gives you some advice which should be ignored

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I drove a jeep off of mother base into the ocean

It was a really bad decision on all fronts

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I sent puppy DD back to base, and when I came back, he was happy to see me. Good dog.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i know that a game is good when i'm cranky that i have to stop playing it, and think about playing it after i'm done. well, i know that TPP is good.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The 'Contact Huey' side ops leads into a really long main mission. It's good, but watch out.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This game doesn't run on my cpu.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I was starting to think that Red Dead Redemption would remain my favorite game of the 2010s, and now it isn't anymore. Thanks, Fox Engine!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dan Didio posted:

The 'Contact Huey' side ops leads into a really long main mission. It's good, but watch out.

yeah. do you trust him?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
this is the best game of all time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

this is the best game of all time

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

rediscover posted:

yeah. do you trust him?

Seems like a fucker.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i keep thinking rediscover is spooky cumboy and im about to read some hosed up poo poo but it isnt. someone give him his old avi back

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

i keep thinking rediscover is spooky cumboy and im about to read some hosed up poo poo but it isnt. someone give him his old avi back

This.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

im glad im not spooky cumboy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

It's up for debate.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

It's up for debate.

ah.. a flame?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lost a gz trooper off a failed extraction

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Seems like more than 50% of the plot is delivered through cassette tapes and there are a near infinite number of them. This is a cool thing and essentially the polar opposite of mgs4 which is another game I treasure, but can now look back upon and truly see the flaws within.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone else think Skull Face's VA is insanely bad during the Ground Zeroes intro cutscene, while being very good everywhere else. His first lines in the TPP storyline are really cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wonder if anyone else, thinks that.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

rediscover posted:

No one could ever mistake your base frame and trashola diction/sentence forms for the angelic works of Spooky Cumboy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Does anyone else think Skull Face's VA is insanely bad during the Ground Zeroes intro cutscene, while being very good everywhere else. His first lines in the TPP storyline are really cool.

I think he sounds a little overdone in general, but that's OK because so far he doesn't have many lines outside of tapes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are there tapes that are conversations not involving Snake.. I want to hear Skull Face do some twisted Joker poo poo to a Mujahideen or something.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Are there tapes that are conversations not involving Snake.

Yeah.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Once you unlock the ability to fulton vehicles you can just fulton APCs as long as they aren't alerted. Lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks, Dan.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

frank.club posted:

Ocelot gives you some advice which should be ignored

"Hey Snake you can take those magic zombie monsters teleporting around" "Haha good one Ocelot, bye"

Larry Parrish posted:

Once you unlock the ability to fulton vehicles you can just fulton APCs as long as they aren't alerted. Lol.

Please tell me you get the dudes inside too.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

awesome. vehicles and especially tanks are really hard to destroy without getting murdered

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I just watched a guard in a jeep run over a sheep, then yell at it to get out of the way while he honked his horn for like 2 minutes straight until the sheep's mangled body ragdolled into his wheel well and he drove off.

Also I was riding D-Horse at full speed and some ram came out of nowhere and headbutted my horse, which sent me flying like 30 feet and Big Boss lost some fame and had to pop his knee back into place.

I'm really excited to see where this story is going. Already some interesting developments, and there's still so much that hasn't even been touch on. I will admit, I do kind of miss longer cutscenes once in a while. There is so much cool poo poo going on with the Metal Gear and Skull Face and Motherbase and I want to see more of it. Really digging the single-take style cinematics, though.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Uh, guys. Explore your Medical wing. Go inside. Someone is waiting for you. Someone who talks, in case you think you've seen all there was to see there.

Now I'm wondering what other things can be missed on Mother Base...

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 2, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

ah.. a flame?

i think youre cool and cumboy is my friend i just hate confusing both of you

also the story is getting progressively crazier and im very excited. this game is loving gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I've only just started this game, but I am loving every minute of it. I love kidnapping enemy soldiers, I love DD, I love everything going wrong at the last minute and I love that I can have a helicopter to pick me up that blares Wesley Willis.

Oh my god, Konami's going out with a bang.

• Locked thread