Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

Got my very first work draft coming up in a half hour full point PPR 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WRT am I right in thinking I have to go 1.12 and 2.1 best WR available or just follow whatever BeerSheets tells me at best value?

So in 1ppr when you look at the positions that historically provide the most value in the flex, its the WR position, so it makes sense to approach the draft from the WR WR WR WR philosophy. But since you draft at the turn, that complicates things. I would suggest that if a top 5 RB falls to you (JC, Bell, Lynch, Lacy, AP) then grab him first then the best available WR. Rounds 3,4 you will have to evaluate the talent that is remaining and their positional scarcity uaing Beersheets. Unless PTD are 6 points, I would let others fight over Luck and Rodgers. Don't even bother with an early TE unless its Gronk in the 3rd (doubtful) or Olsen later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Suave Fedora posted:

So in 1ppr when you look at the positions that historically provide the most value in the flex, its the WR position, so it makes sense to approach the draft from the WR WR WR WR philosophy. But since you draft at the turn, that complicates things. I would suggest that if a top 5 RB falls to you (JC, Bell, Lynch, Lacy, AP) then grab him first then the best available WR. Rounds 3,4 you will have to evaluate the talent that is remaining and their positional scarcity uaing Beersheets. Unless PTD are 6 points, I would let others fight over Luck and Rodgers. Don't even bother with an early TE unless its Gronk in the 3rd (doubtful) or Olsen later on.

Thank you, I'm relatively new to the company and don't want to end up looking like a dingus. This puts me relatively at ease.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zypher posted:

You might be overthinking it here. It's one thing to stash a guy on IR for next year. And another to waste a bench slot for a significant portion of the year for the hope of a trade down the line. You're hurting yourself this year for minimal gain next year

Well i dropped my backup DEF Clevelad to pick up both Jordy and Kelvin. current roster is

QB Ryan Tannehill
WR Antonio Brown
WR TY Hilton
RB Ameer Abdullah
RB Giovani Bernard
TE Jimmy Graham
W/R/T Keenan Allen
BN Todd Gurley
BN John Brown
BN Duke Johnson Jr.
BN DeVante Parker
BN Kelvin Benjamin
IR Jordy Nelson
K Cody Parkey
DEF St. Louis

Really i could use a better RB but the only FA choices atm are Knile Davis, Benny Cunningham, Denard Robinson, Charles Sims, Darren Sproles. Dexter Mccluster, Dan Herron, and Lance Dunbar at the top. Could also use a backup QB, but that's what i was hoping i could trade Kelvin for is a backup QB or a decent RB. And if i absolutely needed a bench spot i could just drop kelvin benjamin back to the waiver.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 2, 2015

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Abugadu posted:

The only reason to be gunshy about Daniels is his injury history.

Peyton makes TEs great. He made Jacob Tamme look like a loving all-pro. Tons of red-zone targets on top of the regular production.

Combine that with Daniels being the head coach's favorite, and the pieces are there for an incredible steal in the draft after the 8th round. It might almost be worth an unheard of TE handcuff in V.Green, if the injury thing is what's holding you back on it.

Daniels was around a TE6-10 with the Texans, I think he can be a TE2-6 with the Broncos if he's healthy.
Daniels had Kubiak last year and he still finished as TE18 with a 48/527/4 line. And that all pro, Jacob Tamme? Last time he had a role in Peyton's offense, he was TE26 with a 52/555/2 line. Peyton put up great numbers with Dallas Clark and Julius Thomas because those guys are great players. But expecting him to make magic with Daniels is a bit much, I think. An older Owen Daniels isn't going to win those 1-on-1 matchups Julius could. And Virgil Green is going to get his share of snaps as the superior blocker.

Honestly I just don't see it. I think he's a trap player at this point. A middling TE2, which should be decent enough at the start of the season if you're streaming TEs, but that's about it. Even if you're waiting until the last pick of the draft, I'd rather take Richard Rogers, who'll be an every-down TE on a better QB's team. Or even Daniels' replacement in Baltimore, Crockett Gillmore.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All the TEs suck. Burn all TEs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Even with Jordy out I have absolutely no interest in any GB TEs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Daniels had Kubiak last year and he still finished as TE18 with a 48/527/4 line. And that all pro, Jacob Tamme? Last time he had a role in Peyton's offense, he was TE26 with a 52/555/2 line.

Joel goddamn Dreessen also went 41/356/5 and if Daniels could put up 75% of their combined numbers, that's 67/662/7 and good enough for TE9 last year. I don't think it's a bad gamble.

e: Peyton's combined TE numbers that year would've been 1 point better than Jimmy Graham for TE2 last year, and Peyton's combined TE numbers last year were good enough for TE 6. Obviously a lot of that came from Julius Thomas in the red zone, but Peyton has typically not only passed a lot near the goalline, but also spread the wealth. I don't really see any reason why a fully healthy (really the main caveat) Daniels can't put up a 55/600/6 line and that was good enough for TE13 last year and within 15 points of TE9 because every TE from 6-15 is basically interchangable on a week-to-week basis. If I'm waiting until the 3rd to last round, there is nothing wrong with that.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 2, 2015

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Just had my first draft but nothing too crazy happened, unfortunately. Sam Bradford was drafted at 1.8. Another guy drafted 3 QBs in our 1QB league: Ryan, Palmer and Carr. I have 7 of 12 players on bye in week 9 but I can worry about that in a few weeks.

I just discovered that I can't pick up a player directly to my IR spot for some reason on ESPN. The plan was to snag Jordy Nelson right after the draft as a potential keeper. Instead I'll need to drop somebody and chance not getting them back when the waivers run. Would you chance either Steve Smith or Brian Quick? For reference my WRs are:
Golden Tate
Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace
John Brown
Steve Smith
Brian Quick

And would you drop any of them for either Stevie Johnson or Marvin Jones (0PPR)?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Doobie Keebler posted:

Just had my first draft but nothing too crazy happened, unfortunately. Sam Bradford was drafted at 1.8. Another guy drafted 3 QBs in our 1QB league: Ryan, Palmer and Carr. I have 7 of 12 players on bye in week 9 but I can worry about that in a few weeks.

I just discovered that I can't pick up a player directly to my IR spot for some reason on ESPN. The plan was to snag Jordy Nelson right after the draft as a potential keeper. Instead I'll need to drop somebody and chance not getting them back when the waivers run. Would you chance either Steve Smith or Brian Quick? For reference my WRs are:
Golden Tate
Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace
John Brown
Steve Smith
Brian Quick

And would you drop any of them for either Stevie Johnson or Marvin Jones (0PPR)?

Well if your doing it for keeper value drop Steve Smith. He has said this is his last year.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Doobie Keebler posted:

I just discovered that I can't pick up a player directly to my IR spot for some reason on ESPN. The plan was to snag Jordy Nelson right after the draft as a potential keeper. Instead I'll need to drop somebody and chance not getting them back when the waivers run. Would you chance either Steve Smith or Brian Quick?
Could you just drop a kicker or DST? Or did you already load up your team with fliers?

Enforka fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 2, 2015

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Well if your doing it for keeper value drop Steve Smith. He has said this is his last year.

We only get one keeper so Jordy might be it. Didn't know that about Smith though.

Enforka posted:

Can you not just drop a kicker or DST?

I was way overthinking this. Thanks for the obvious answer!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Whatever happened with the beer sheets drama from a few months ago? Am I sheet-less? I don't see a link the OP. I'm happen enough trying to do some research on my own, but those were super awesome last year.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Arcturas posted:

Whatever happened with the beer sheets drama from a few months ago? Am I sheet-less? I don't see a link the OP. I'm happen enough trying to do some research on my own, but those were super awesome last year.

It's at the very top of the OP bolded and with huge sirens

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

This thread is starting to move too fast. Welcome to September. gently caress.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Even with Jordy out I have absolutely no interest in any GB TEs

I took Richard Rodgers with pick like 340 in the Cheating for Charity league. Even then I was like ehhhhhhhhhhhh sure

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

It's at the very top of the OP bolded and with huge sirens

Well uh. I don't have an excuse. I'm going to go be ashamed in the corner by myself. Thanks for the link.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
10 team, 0.5 PPR standard ESPN league

I should probably get more WR depth. Tell me your thoughts:

RB: Lacy, Hyde, Spiller, Blount, Duke Johnson, Woodhead
WR: Dez, Green, VJax, Torrey Smith
TE: Olsen, Austin SJ

Currently waffling between Duke and Woodhead. I'd like to think Duke could still have a decent season after a few weeks, and I feel like if I'm starting Woodhead, my team is already more or less sunk. I could also drop Austin, but he's playing the Jaguars during Olsen's bye week.

Some available WRs: Malcolm Floyd, Kenny Stills, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt, Reggie Wayne, Stevie Johnson

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm reading my draft grades made by our new commissioner and he just said this about one of the teams.

quote:

MISSISSIPPI ROCKET SURGEONS

Easily the best QB combo in the league, this team that likes to take out its frustrations on the hardworking heartland of America with its name F’d you all up your butts by taking 2 of the best QBs in fantasy. But don’t worry, rather than running away with things after being handed keys to the castle, the Rocket Surgeons pull over just long enough to load the back of their pickup with can’t miss studs like Devonta Freeman and Arian “theres no athiests in my groin hole” Foster.

Who the gently caress is Travis Kelce?!

DRAFT GRADE: C

My fantasy Commissioner just praised a team for taking two elite quarterbacks before admonishing them for taking a risk with Devonta Freeman and Arian Foster with the last two picks. Then he admits he doesn't know who a top-5 tight end is at all.

I think this bodes poorly for the future.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fantasy Football 2016: Who the gently caress is Travis Kelce?!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

TE4 and not worth a pick in the top-60.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Abugadu posted:

Cooks is Brees' new toy, Hopkins is slightly more talented but has 2-3 other targets alongside him, and he'll be getting balls from Hoyer.

Can you honestly name 3 other pass catchers on that team? Hopkins is going to get 170 targets his year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nate Washington is so good that he counts as 3 people

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I finally watched an Oakland Raiders game and I'm glad I overpaid for Amari Cooper.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Papes posted:

Can you honestly name 3 other pass catchers on that team? Hopkins is going to get 170 targets his year.

Off the top of my head, Cecil Shorts III, Jaelen Strong, Washington, Garrett Graham, that guy nicknamed EZ with the name that doesn't have E in it.

And targets are all well and good, but it helps if the person throwing them to you is accurate and fast. I say this as someone who once had Larry Fitzgerald and watched as the QB situation went from good to bad to awful to Linsley.

I'm not saying he's a garbage pick this year. He'll be a solid 8-11 points/game guy in non-ppr. If he's there in the 4th, I'm grabbing him. But I have him behind Cooks, Matthews, and even Davante Adams at this point.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Abugadu posted:

EZ with the name that doesn't have E in it.

Or a Z!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

EZ is the best player in the NFL do not besmirch his name (whatever it is)

Is there water on space?! :allears:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Abugadu posted:

Off the top of my head, Cecil Shorts III, Jaelen Strong, Washington, Garrett Graham, that guy nicknamed EZ with the name that doesn't have E in it.

That sure is a list of guys. Cecil is the only one who will get anything worth talking about. Hopkins is right there with cooks and the bunch. Bad qbs still throw to their number one guy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I honestly had no clue Nate Washington was still alive

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doobie Keebler posted:

Golden Tate
Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace
John Brown
Steve Smith
Brian Quick

I should have warned you as I thought of that afterward regarding the IR slot. ESPN's software doesn't treat it like a normal starting or bench spot, which makes sense because people would just abuse it as an extra bench slot when that was never its purpose. You can drop Quick. Smith is money as a veteran backup for bye weeks. I would not drop Steve Smith for any of the mentioned. He's going to be WR1/2 whereas the other guys are deeper on the depth chart.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 2, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Papes posted:

I know of at least three. the Chiefs, Panthers, then the Buccaneers.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

kiimo posted:

I'm reading my draft grades made by our new commissioner and he just said this about one of the teams.

My fantasy Commissioner just praised a team for taking two elite quarterbacks before admonishing them for taking a risk with Devonta Freeman and Arian Foster with the last two picks. Then he admits he doesn't know who a top-5 tight end is at all.

I think this bodes poorly for the future.

your commissioner is bad at evaluating teams and his own jokes.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I was able to find these going back so it's not as urgent, not a "get them before they're taken down" situation: http://www.repole.com/sun4cast/data.html

However, I just did another search and there's only one or two other sources, and who knows if they'll be up forever, so it's probably prudent to start scraping them.

Just letting you know that while these excel files appear to go up through 2013, it stopped updating about two weeks into the 2014 season. Might be a good idea to scrape last year and continue forwards if possible.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
So, heading into Week 1 in a 1PPR league, I'm pretty short at RB until Leveon Bell comes back. Chris Ivory is locked in as my top back for Week 1, my two flex spots are filled by Landry and Agholor, but I don't know who to put in as my second RB. Choices are:

Abdullah
Andre Williams
Jonas Gray

Helu is available on waivers. I'm leaning toward starting Gray because I'm not convinced Abdullah is getting a lot of work in Week 1 -- I imagine that'll still be time for Joique Bell to prove himself. With Blount out, there's definitely work available for Gray, but it's NE, so who the gently caress knows

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gray is the starter for a team that is missing their starting QB. Seems like a no brainer.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Got a trade offer thrown my way. 12 team startup dynasty, 1 PPR

I get:
Golden Tate
CJ Spiller
Breshad Perriman
2016 1st round pick (#2)

He gets:
Jordan Matthews
David Johnson
2016 2nd round pick (#5, 17th overall)

I feel like I should mash accept as I could use Perriman to bolster my WR bench and CJ Spiller as a fill-in for Bell/flex spot instead of Cecil Shorts (ugh) but I am really high on Matthews. Someone talk some sense into me?

My RBs/bench: L. Bell, J. Hill, Zac Stacy, Charles Sims, Orleans Darkwa, David Johnson, Matt Jones, David Cobb, Thomas Rawls
My WRs/bench: Jordan Matthews, Eddie Royal, Nelson Agholor, Cecil Shorts, Bruce Ellington, Jaelan Strong, Justin Hardy

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

good luck bolstering your spot with perriman

Amergin posted:

Speaking Thursday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said there's "no timetable" for Breshad Perriman's (sprained PCL) return, and that his recovery gone slower than expected.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Since you have Nelson Agholor, I'd probably take it. Golden Tate is a decent flex guy, CJ Spiller will be good, Perriman will either play this year and be decent or you will have him for next year, and a #2 pick.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I wouldn't do it because Mathews is going to be better than Perriman and David Johnson is the real deal

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Just letting you know that while these excel files appear to go up through 2013, it stopped updating about two weeks into the 2014 season. Might be a good idea to scrape last year and continue forwards if possible.

Well, poo poo. Thanks for taking a closer look. I'll bump up the urgency on scraping spreads, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Amergin posted:

Got a trade offer thrown my way. 12 team startup dynasty, 1 PPR

I get:
Golden Tate
CJ Spiller
Breshad Perriman
2016 1st round pick (#2)

He gets:
Jordan Matthews
David Johnson
2016 2nd round pick (#5, 17th overall)

I feel like I should mash accept as I could use Perriman to bolster my WR bench and CJ Spiller as a fill-in for Bell/flex spot instead of Cecil Shorts (ugh) but I am really high on Matthews. Someone talk some sense into me?

My RBs/bench: L. Bell, J. Hill, Zac Stacy, Charles Sims, Orleans Darkwa, David Johnson, Matt Jones, David Cobb, Thomas Rawls
My WRs/bench: Jordan Matthews, Eddie Royal, Nelson Agholor, Cecil Shorts, Bruce Ellington, Jaelan Strong, Justin Hardy

You're right to hesitate because Matthews is by far the most valuable player here. His offer is fair, though.

I just don't think it helps your team much. And Spiller is a poor Bell fill in seeing as we're not sure Spiller is healthy for week 1. You have so many young RBs (too many, IMO) that I'd try to counter. What do you think he'd give you for just David Johnson?

• Locked thread