Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would laugh pretty hard if they introduced She-Hulk to the MCU and she wasn't attractive at all. Just Hulk with a wig on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Lurdiak posted:

I would laugh pretty hard if they introduced She-Hulk to the MCU and she wasn't attractive at all. Just Hulk with a wig on.

Also, Mark Ruffalo with a wig on.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

El Tortuga posted:

Also, Mark Ruffalo with a wig on.

Obscure Marvel villain powers.... go!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gammburn.htm

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Of course it's from the 90s.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/gammburn.htm posted:

...and attempt to destroy everything associate with beauty; such as beauty salons, tanning salons, and beach front property

Beach front property, the ultimate symbol of beauty.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
X-men 92 was great and I am so happy that there will be another series.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Thors continues to be amazing. Why do we need to resolve this whole Battleworld thing again? Let Doom do his thing and keep the fun coming.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FrenchToasty posted:

Thors continues to be amazing. Why do we need to resolve this whole Battleworld thing again? Let Doom do his thing and keep the fun coming.

I would be ok with Battleworld being the status quo for years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FrenchToasty posted:

So many great books this week. X-men 92, Thors, Spider-island and I enjoyed House of M.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I would do anything for Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde to keep going.

How the hell are they gonna collect this? It could easily be more than three omnibuses already. I'd love if they did a fully annotated collection that told you where everything comes from and where it ties into other series'. Even just telling me who all the zombies are would make me happy.

Unmature fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 2, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

4-issue trades aren't really uncommon, so I bet they'll all be collected individually except in cases where a mini was only an issue or two like Captain Britain and they'll put those in one or two bigger trades.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

4-issue trades aren't really uncommon, so I bet they'll all be collected individually except in cases where a mini was only an issue or two like Captain Britain and they'll put those in one or two bigger trades.

Captain Britain has already been solicited in the next Captain America and the Mighty Avengers trade

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It seems that most will also have an issue that introduces the concept the miniseries comes from.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Unmature posted:

I would do anything for Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde to keep going.

I just finished the issue form today and thought the EXACT same thing. So good!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Elucidarius posted:

I just finished the issue form today and thought the EXACT same thing. So good!

Just have them travel around chasing macguffin after macguffin! One of Doc Ock's arms or the shoulder pad from Daredevil's lovely 90s costume or a Liefeld pouch.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Finally picked up Siege on the threads recommendation along with my pull of Thors and Age of ultron vs marvel zombies . Starting with the ones I have read already then going to the new one. Never making it out of battleworld alive :ohdear:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Dammit, the courior Diamond uses for my local store completely flaked out and have no idea when they'll deliver this weeks comics. "Oh you'll get in 24 to 48 hours" "24 to 48 hours from when I was supposed to get them?" "I don't know".

I hate hearing that Kitty and Star-Lord is still really good. Maybe we'll luck out and this Kitty will be the regular Kitty. This one probably won't use racial slurs to make points, just stab people.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I guess age of Ultron Vs Marvel zombies was just a 4 issue miniseries. It was ok but so far the one I was most disappointed in overall (that's even taking into account Ultimates end)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I am hella pumped for 616 Thor and Ultimate Thor teaming up and wrecking poo poo to solve the murder case. :black101:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I feel bad about Rune Thor -- technically he's King Thor but I guess it'd be confusing to call him that -- having to be the bad guy in the story, but I guess it makes sense considering he's the Thor that did turn into an crazy rear end in a top hat in canon.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I am a bit confused about siege. They have made it sound like they have been on the wall for years and possibly it's existed for decades. How can battleworld have been around for 20 years when it has only existed for 8?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Fake memories. Denizens of Battleworld think they've been around Battleworld their whole lives, but it's only in their minds.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What else has the artist for Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde done? I love it.

That book was really fun, too. I wish it would have continued post-Secret Wars.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Codependent Poster posted:

What else has the artist for Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde done? I love it.

She's pretty new.

http://altifirmansyah.deviantart.com/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The MacGuffin reveal in Star-Lord and Kity Pryde was pretty :smith: but Quill's serenade of Widget was hilarious.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope she gets more books. That puppy dog eye Star-Lord was hilarious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh poo poo, corruption in the Thorlice force.

Thorruption.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I liked that Thorlief's response wasn't "Why are you fighting me?!" but "at least wait until I'm off the clock!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Spiffster posted:

I am a bit confused about siege. They have made it sound like they have been on the wall for years and possibly it's existed for decades. How can battleworld have been around for 20 years when it has only existed for 8?

In Thors #3, Ultimate Thor says he's been working for 15 years. So it's not just Siege, everyone in Battleworld thinks it's been going on for eons.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies was a pretty nothing series, not terrible but it definitely didn't do much with the concept of killer zombies and robots.

Very excited for Civil War #4, even though the reveal at the end of #3 was pretty obvious from the first issue. The series has been really fun and I love the art.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Star Lord and Kitty Pryde remains excellent. How many issues is it, 3 or 4?

Marvel needs to get Alti Firmansyah working on more series. She is seriously good.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

What the hell happened that House of M got this artist on it instead of Anka? Dude's faces are ... unfortunate. His art is otherwise nice, but hot drat do the expressions just ruin things. Everyone looks sort of like they're ... cat-human hybrids from an 80's B Movie, maybe? I can't come up with a good description but dang it isn't great.

I'm loving the book otherwise. Like, besides the faces. The writing's good. Paneling's great, lettering's doing the job. It's just those damned faces.

God, I was looking forward to this as an Anka joint. :smith:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
death locket in house of m stands out like a giant sore thumb with HI I'M DENNIS HOPELESS written on it

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So these aren't the actualy thors from their respective universes right? Just imitations?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Some people seem to think that but that doesn't make a lot of sense; I think Strange talked about modifying memories in one of the main issues, and if you count Deadpool as canon, he also mentions that people's memories have been modified in the Mrs. Deadpool stuff. Also, if these people were just imitations, then wouldn't there be an abundance of Reeds?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So these aren't the actualy thors from their respective universes right? Just imitations?

:iiam:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Argue posted:

Also, if these people were just imitations, then wouldn't there be an abundance of Reeds?

You do remember who god is on Battleworld?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I thought all the reeds died when the council got wrecked

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Tato posted:

Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies was a pretty nothing series, not terrible but it definitely didn't do much with the concept of killer zombies and robots.

Robinson usually needs a bunch of issues to sow the seeds and flesh out his characters, his JSA reboot for DC was pretty good, but I don't think he has as much of a good grasp on Marvel history.

Probably when he was told he only had 4 issues to tell a story, he punted by giving all of the protagonists romantic pasts / reasons to keep fighting.

Pugh's art was great though, it had me feeling like Tom Palmer was inking some new guy who didn't keep using the same Buscema angular poses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

The Biggest Jerk posted:

I thought all the reeds died when the council got wrecked

there was only a few thousand reeds in the council. most reeds never even built a bridge iirc.

• Locked thread