Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I am coming into this year totally unprepared. I'm drafting 11 out of 12 in my big money league, anyone that has been doing mocks care to share who I realistically should be targeting?

I'm going to try and do a few today, but I know you guys have probably been all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

kiimo posted:

I'm reading my draft grades made by our new commissioner and he just said this about one of the teams.

My fantasy Commissioner just praised a team for taking two elite quarterbacks before admonishing them for taking a risk with Devonta Freeman and Arian Foster with the last two picks. Then he admits he doesn't know who a top-5 tight end is at all.

I think this bodes poorly for the future.

Can you post the rest, or at least what he said about your team?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Amergin posted:

Got a trade offer thrown my way. 12 team startup dynasty, 1 PPR

I get:
Golden Tate
CJ Spiller
Breshad Perriman
2016 1st round pick (#2)

He gets:
Jordan Matthews
David Johnson
2016 2nd round pick (#5, 17th overall)

I feel like I should mash accept as I could use Perriman to bolster my WR bench and CJ Spiller as a fill-in for Bell/flex spot instead of Cecil Shorts (ugh) but I am really high on Matthews. Someone talk some sense into me?

My RBs/bench: L. Bell, J. Hill, Zac Stacy, Charles Sims, Orleans Darkwa, David Johnson, Matt Jones, David Cobb, Thomas Rawls
My WRs/bench: Jordan Matthews, Eddie Royal, Nelson Agholor, Cecil Shorts, Bruce Ellington, Jaelan Strong, Justin Hardy

Matthews is worth more than that.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Shath Hole posted:

I am coming into this year totally unprepared. I'm drafting 11 out of 12 in my big money league, anyone that has been doing mocks care to share who I realistically should be targeting?

I'm going to try and do a few today, but I know you guys have probably been all over it.

Standard or ppr? What are the starters?

In standard I'm targeting CJA/Julio as my 1/2 from pretty much any spot in the back third, but would also accept any of Dez/DT/OBJ (assuming that none of the elite RBs fall to you). In the next turn you can sometimes land Gore/Evans but be willing to settle for Morris/Nuke. From there the 5/6 turn is the ideal spot to nab one of Olsen or Kelce, but failing that one of Keenan/Watkins is usually available.

Ideal starting rounds for you in standard are probably CJ/Julio/Gore/Evans/Olsen, after which I might consider reaching for Ryan just to have a ridiculous starting lineup (if either your WRs or RBs require "settling" as described above, I would probably go with one of Keenan/Watkins/Yeldon/Ellington at 6)

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 2, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Forever_Peace posted:

Standard or ppr? What are the starters?

In standard I'm targeting CJ/Julio as my 1/2 from pretty much any spot in the back third, but would also accept any of Dez/DT/OBJ (assuming that none of the elite RBs fall to you). In the next turn you can sometimes land Gore/Evans but be willing to settle for Morris/Nuke. From there the 5/6 turn is the ideal spot to nab one of Olsen or Kelce, but failing that one of Keenan/Watkins is usually available.

Ideal starting rounds for you in standard are probably CJ/Julio/Gore/Evans/Olsen, after which I might consider reaching for Ryan just to have a ridiculous starting lineup (if either your WRs or RBs require "settling" as described above, I would probably go with one of Keenan/Watkins/Yeldon/Ellington at 6)

PPR, sorry I should have said that.

Thanks for the rundown, that helps.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

RisqueBarber posted:

lol perriman

MacheteZombie posted:

Since you have Nelson Agholor, I'd probably take it.

Metapod posted:

I wouldn't do it because Mathews is going to be better than Perriman and David Johnson is the real deal

Zypher posted:

I just don't think it helps your team much... What do you think he'd give you for just David Johnson?

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Matthews is worth more than that.

Since in general it sounds like I'm right in being high on Matthews and hesitating, I reached out to him to find out his exact need. His current RB/WR situation:

RBs/bench: D. Murray, D. Martin, J. Stewart, Roy Helu, Reggie Bush, Ryan Mathews, Bernard Pierce, Jonathan Grimes, Charcandrick West
WRs/bench: G. Tate, M. Evans, E. Decker, Marques Colston, Kenny Britt, Donte Moncrief, Aaron Dobson, Jeff Janis, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White

Honestly there's not much there I want. He also has four QBs and five TEs on his bench but again, not much I want (MAYBE Brock Osweiler or Jimmy Garoppolo - I have Tannehill, Eli and Johnny Football). He threw a message on the group chat we use that he wants trades for WRs so I'm not sure I can swing bench/youth RBs for bench/youth WRs with him.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Just switched to a keeper league this year. Everybody forgot about Jordy Nelson. I drafted 9/10 so I believe I have 2nd waiver slot for week 1 and can grab him, who do I drop:

Darren Sproles
Owen Daniels
Stevie Johnson

.5 PPR, mostly standard elsewise. We've got an IR slot but I'll also be holding on to Perriman already

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Teeter posted:

Just switched to a keeper league this year. Everybody forgot about Jordy Nelson. I drafted 9/10 so I believe I have 2nd waiver slot for week 1, who do I drop:

Darren Sproles
Owen Daniels
Stevie Johnson

.5 PPR, mostly standard elsewise

I'd drop Sproles for Nelson.

EDIT:

Shath Hole posted:

I'm guessing you'll be looking at Demarco Murray or CJ Anderson as first round RBs, maybe Gronk, and maybe D. Thomas or Megatron as first round WRs. Possibly Andrew Luck if you want to go there. Is it PPR or standard?

At 11/12 I'd go WR -> RB at the turn in order: Antonio Brown (LOL if he's still there, but still)/ Julio / Dez / D. Thomas -> D. Murray / CJ Anderson / Forte (I'm personally not high on him this year) / Hill. But again it depends on PPR/standard.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 2, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

My RBs/bench: L. Bell, J. Hill, Zac Stacy, Charles Sims, Orleans Darkwa, David Johnson, Matt Jones, David Cobb, Thomas Rawls
My WRs/bench: Jordan Matthews, Eddie Royal, Nelson Agholor, Cecil Shorts, Bruce Ellington, Jaelan Strong, Justin Hardy

Did you just do the start up draft this off season? If so Bell, Hill, and Matthews were your first three picks I'm guessing, but where the hell are all your mid round start up picks? You said the other guy loaded up on QBs and TEs, but unless you did too, I'm confused how your draft went!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amergin posted:

Got a trade offer thrown my way. 12 team startup dynasty, 1 PPR

I get:
Golden Tate
CJ Spiller
Breshad Perriman
2016 1st round pick (#2)

He gets:
Jordan Matthews
David Johnson
2016 2nd round pick (#5, 17th overall)

I feel like I should mash accept as I could use Perriman to bolster my WR bench and CJ Spiller as a fill-in for Bell/flex spot instead of Cecil Shorts (ugh) but I am really high on Matthews. Someone talk some sense into me?

Nope, not liking it. He gets youth and you get... less.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Shath Hole posted:

For late round WRs, (9-13) I like Eddie Royal/Stevie Johnson/Brian Quick

For handcuff RBs with high upside, target Ronnie Hillman, Matt Jones -- you can get both in VERY late rounds

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
David Johnson will beat out Ellington? As an Ellington owner, this is important to know

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

Can you post the rest, or at least what he said about your team?

quote:

THE FO-SHIZZAGOTHS

Get it? Like Visigoths…But with “Fo shiz” put in front…Hey remember the 90’s?

Anyway, even if you don’t remember references from 15 years ago, half of this roster will. With such early aughts playmakers like Jeremy Maclin and Anquan Boldin…The…..(sigh)…Fo-Shizzagoths draft a bevy of “Where were you on Sunday?” depth after shooting their wads on 2 running backs that had 18 starts and 3 injuries between them and AP’s kid...This may seem crazy to spend that kind of money on just 2 players, but they both expect to rebound behind solid offensive lines that…Oh wait. Never mind... Well, fortunately you can expect some points from Beckham when one of Mannings terrified hail mary’s makes it his way, and if all else fails you have…Uh. Duke Johnson and Alfred Blue.

Go clean the yard.

DRAFT GRADE: C

My team name has been around since the 90s. It did make me laugh when he attempted to suggest that ADP and Le'Veon Bell are bad picks somehow.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

89 posted:

David Johnson will beat out Ellington? As an Ellington owner, this is important to know

David Johnson is a bigger and faster player with the same skill set as ellington, so it's fairly likely scenario.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If anyone watched Oakland/Arizona like I did last night there is a lot to fear about any Cardinal not named Larry Fitzgerald. That line sucked. Carson sucked. The freaking RAIDERS ate them up.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Metapod posted:

I wouldn't do it because Mathews is going to be better than Perriman and David Johnson is the real deal

Agreed.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

kiimo posted:

My team name has been around since the 90s. It did make me laugh when he attempted to suggest that ADP and Le'Veon Bell are bad picks somehow.

I guess this guys gimmick is that every team sucks, but his which I assume is A++!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He sounds like the yahoo grading system with swears.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

kiimo posted:

If anyone watched Oakland/Arizona like I did last night there is a lot to fear about any Cardinal not named Larry Fitzgerald. That line sucked. Carson sucked. The freaking RAIDERS ate them up.

The raiders have a fairly good line, while the cards have a terrible line. Definitely lowers my expectations for Palmer, though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was really impressed with Khalil Mack, that's for sure.

I had Ellington last year and he did not turn into Jamaal Charles like I thought he would. I also like John Brown, Fitz is in a new position that caters to his strengths, Carson is healthy. Micahel Floyd, David Johnson and Momah all sound promising. You'd think this was the year to own a Cardinal but they played Yakkety Sax-worthy and my expectations are tempered.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yeah I know it's preseason and all, but after seeing how Carson did against the Raiders I'd be leery of that whole situation.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

kiimo posted:

I was really impressed with Khalil Mack, that's for sure.

I had Ellington last year and he did not turn into Jamaal Charles like I thought he would. I also like John Brown, Fitz is in a new position that caters to his strengths, Carson is healthy. Micahel Floyd, David Johnson and Momah all sound promising. You'd think this was the year to own a Cardinal but they played Yakkety Sax-worthy and my expectations are tempered.

I agree, but it is only preseason. Last year they showed up, and Palmer wasn't even around much.

e. Not really for fantasy, but in real footballz.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On the flip side the Raiders impressed. I have a feeling as a Chiefs fan I'm going to be dealing with Amari Cooper breaking my heart constantly for years to come. He was out there toying with Patrick Peterson of all people, he gets open at will.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

kiimo posted:

On the flip side the Raiders impressed. I have a feeling as a Chiefs fan I'm going to be dealing with Amari Cooper breaking my heart constantly for years to come. He was out there toying with Patrick Peterson of all people, he gets open at will.

It's the Raider so they screw him up somehow.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Amari's route running was fan-loving-tastic. I cannot believe the Raiders have drafted so well the past few years.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

Did you just do the start up draft this off season? If so Bell, Hill, and Matthews were your first three picks I'm guessing, but where the hell are all your mid round start up picks? You said the other guy loaded up on QBs and TEs, but unless you did too, I'm confused how your draft went!

It went poorly. I tried to draft for youth and ended up with a kindergarten class of RBs.

Turned down the trade as the guy responded with "I want a starting WR1 for this year" and there's nothing on his team I want for Matthews. Thanks for the input, all!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What does the NFL Game Pass cost this year? The site only tells me to try for free for 7 Days, I can't find the actual price.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

MacheteZombie posted:

What does the NFL Game Pass cost this year? The site only tells me to try for free for 7 Days, I can't find the actual price.

$100

edit: agree it's strange that the site does that. I had to look it up on some like press release before I bought it a couple weeks ago

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

MacheteZombie posted:

Amari's route running was fan-loving-tastic. I cannot believe the Raiders have drafted so well the past few years.

Al Davis is finally gone. Competent people get to make personnel decisions now.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
I got screwed on TE in my 14 man standard scoring auction because people were all over my value picks, and I ended up with Vernon Davis. Should I roll with him or drop him for one of Charles Clay, Heath Miller, or Ladarius Green?

I thought about trying to pick one of them up and hang on to Davis just to see what happens, but I don't think there's anyone on my bench I can afford to drop instead of Davis:

Alfred Blue
Arian Foster
Kendall Wright
Danny Woodhead
Michael Floyd
David Cobb

Just saw Matt Jones is available as a free agent also....

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

kiimo posted:

Pat Pete gets burned by everyone though.

Cooper will be a stud and I'm not sure that even the raiders can ruin him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pangstrom posted:

$100

edit: agree it's strange that the site does that. I had to look it up on some like press release before I bought it a couple weeks ago

$100?! Wasn't it like 40 last year?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

MacheteZombie posted:

NFL Rewind was... I forget but like $70 I think? They mushed everything together into one plan which sucks but whatever, I don't have to sit through (or sit on the fast forward button to get through) a 3 hour game.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Axl Rose posted:

I got screwed on TE in my 14 man standard scoring auction because people were all over my value picks, and I ended up with Vernon Davis. Should I roll with him or drop him for one of Charles Clay, Heath Miller, or Ladarius Green?

You didn't get screwed, you did the right thing and waited. Just drop Davis for Miller and keep an eye on the wire for whoever this year's undrafted TE7-10 is and grab him.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MacheteZombie posted:

Deflategate ain't gonna pay for itself.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who would win in this trade:

Andrew Luck, AJ Green, Carlos Hyde

for

Matt Forte, Peyton Manning, Jarvis Landry

Maybe subbing Randall Cobb in for Landry.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Doltos posted:

Who would win in this trade:

PPR?

EDIT: For 1PPR 6/TD I'd prefer Luck/Green/Hyde over Forte/Manning/Landry, but I might take Forte/Manning/Cobb.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 2, 2015

Psmith
May 7, 2007
The p is silent, as in phthisis, psychic, and ptarmigan.
I recently drafted my team and took the strategy of going RB/WR heavy early and then grabbing a QB long after everyone else. It's a weird keeper/franchise setup where you keep 6 guys from year to year (starting this year). Other than that it is 10 team, 1ppr. We start 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE and 2FLX

I drafted Tanny to be my QB because I figured he is younger and trending up. He might be a decent keeper option if he blows up this year. But then I've seen how well Bradford is playing so I decided to drop my kicker and grab him, too. So now I have two QBs on my roster and I need to drop someone by week 1 to start a kicker. My team is as follows:

QB: Tanny, Bradford
RB: Lacy, Jeremy Hill, J-Stew, Ivory, and TJ Yeldon
WR: AJ Green, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Garcon, Michael Floyd, Boldin, Funchess
TE: Jordan Cameron
K: N/A

and 3 IDP guys

For various reasons (most of all positional scarcity) I like all my RBs so I'm hesitant to drop one of them. I feel like Michael Floyd is my most droppable player given John Brown's emergence. I'll likely wait until last minute to actually drop someone but I was seeing if anyone has any suggestions.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'd say its between Floyd and Funchess and considering it's a keeper and Funchess is a rookie and a (lol) #1 WR, I'd drop Floyd without hesitation.

In full PPR, you're unlikely to start any of them over Landry, Matthews, or even Garcon and Boldin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

1 PPR 6 points per TD

• Locked thread