Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JackBadass posted:

It was never a secret.
I never said it was a secret. Everyone knows that Fungal Grotto gives the most non-vet exp out of all the group dungeons, but everyone was smart enough to keep their mouths shut after the Crab Nerf (the crabs in FG used to give out tons of exp as well, until Zenimax removed the exp from them). The last time someone let slip on the forums a good grind spot (Snakes in Reaper's March), ZoS went in and "fixed" the spawn rate and basically killed that grind.

vug posted:

all is forgiven

Eh, I wouldn't call that a really big buff tbh. Templar Sun Shield gives a 20% shield at its base level which on my Templar toon only amounts to about a 3.5k damage shield. Fire staff is still the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

I never said it was a secret. Everyone knows that Fungal Grotto gives the most non-vet exp out of all the group dungeons, but everyone was smart enough to keep their mouths shut after the Crab Nerf (the crabs in FG used to give out tons of exp as well, until Zenimax removed the exp from them). The last time someone let slip on the forums a good grind spot (Snakes in Reaper's March), ZoS went in and "fixed" the spawn rate and basically killed that grind.

"I never said it was a secret, but now let me go on and complain about someone mentioning it as if it was."

Zenimax already knows about that grind spot, especially considering they nerfed it once. They're not that stupid. If they want to nerf it, they will. If not, they won't. Someone mentioning it somewhere on the internet isn't going to affect that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

All PC Goons:

Get this add-on will make dungeon runs a lot easier.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, I'm sort of new to this whole thing, is there a reason that I'm only downloading a 5+ gb update at loving 1.79mb/sec?! :negative:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, I'm sort of new to this whole thing, is there a reason that I'm only downloading a 5+ gb update at loving 1.79mb/sec?! :negative:

Me too. I think it's a feature. Meant to develop character.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sogol posted:

Me too. I think it's a feature. Meant to develop character.

I could develop an entire goddamned D&D campaign while waiting for this.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Hooray, Veteran levels won't be a slog anymore! I don't care if the new area will probably be of little interest to me. I have all of this tasty PvE only content to savor, and now I can launch into it with a +60% speed mount and reasonable leveling progression.

If you've got lots of gold like me, don't forget to upgrade your bags! You can buy 30 more slots.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ok, so almost my entire Add On set up is of course out of date. Do I run the out of date stuff or wait?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's a known problem everyone has. There's no work around, you just have to be patient.

If you're on PS4, you can try pausing and resuming the download. That's been known to give it a huge speed boost, but it can also have the opposite effect and make it even slower.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can I get an invite for PC EP guild? @BadLlama

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wow the PVP balance seems to be even worse than I remember it. What's with everyone having perma absorb shields? Had some dude just stand there and absorb 6k crits for a solid minute and a half and then walked away. :shrug:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I bet he was a sorcerer. At that point it's a combination of reduced damage in PvP and the fact that Sorcs have ridiculously OP shields.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Hot drat! Just found some sucker selling a barbaric motif for 20k in a guild store. Bought that without a second thought.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Scyantific posted:

I bet he was a sorcerer. At that point it's a combination of reduced damage in PvP and the fact that Sorcs have ridiculously OP shields.

After talking to some people in game that were at that fight (there were 10 other people wailing on this guy) we believe he was emperor. So that apparently makes you basically invincible in PVP?

I really, really want to get back into this game but PVP seems to still be a hot mess of balance. I'm playing a nightblade, no VR ranks yet. Should I just reroll to something better? How are templars these days? Or should I just roll a DK or Sorc?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
I thought the camouflaged hunter fix would destroy my stamina templar, but I was wrong. Nerien'eth's is incredible, and repentance is suddenly the best skill in the game. Thamplar.

Emperors get double health, magicka, and stamina. They will absolutely truck you, don't feel bad. My emperor kills are generally waiting for them to engage a big group in melee, then hiding somewhere and focused aiming them to death.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a good mod that adds scrolling combat text?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BadLlama posted:

Is there a good mod that adds scrolling combat text?

FCT has one if you like icons and stuff. I use the UI stuff + combat log from FCT but not the SCT.

Combat Cloud is the one I've been using and really like it. It's minimal but provides very good information in outgoing and incoming damage/healing.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Hooray, Veteran levels won't be a slog anymore! I don't care if the new area will probably be of little interest to me. I have all of this tasty PvE only content to savor, and now I can launch into it with a +60% speed mount and reasonable leveling progression.

If you've got lots of gold like me, don't forget to upgrade your bags! You can buy 30 more slots.

What changed? The vet grind is what us keeping me away.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

What changed? The vet grind is what us keeping me away.

If its the same as I remembered it while they added VR 16 it takes the same amount of exp to go from VR 1 to VR 16 as it used to take to go from VR 1 to VR 14. That and all the VR quests/dungeons/craglorn give a lot more exp so in general leveling will be a lot faster.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
One hundred percent of my mods broke last night, do they already have working ones? Dang they're fast.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aramek posted:

One hundred percent of my mods broke last night, do they already have working ones? Dang they're fast.

I only have a skyshard finder one and a minimap one and just loaded it out-of-date and they still work fine.

VV Didn't they just make it so you can't stand there blocking forever?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 1, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
people on the official forums are losing their poo poo about stamina builds being nerfed, is it that bad?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I am an idiot and got this game on sale today for PC. I played a shitload of Skyrim and WoW so why not?

Are the active goons in the Ebonheart Pact?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
If you're using dual wield, you need to hold block to not die. For those guys especially, I'm sympathetic.

Everybody else is probably complaining about the across-the-board ~20% dps nerf, which is a combination of medium attacks no longer counting as "fully charged", endgame gear not having as much weapon/spell damage on it, and monsters generally having more armor and spell resist than they used to. Magicka builds were similarly nerfed, so there's no reason to change what you're doing if you're having fun.

Unrelated, but now is a great time to re-evaluate your mundus options. Every sorc using surge should go thief now, it is crazy good.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Lord Wexia posted:

I am an idiot and got this game on sale today for PC. I played a shitload of Skyrim and WoW so why not?

Are the active goons in the Ebonheart Pact?

By and large yes.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

If you're using dual wield, you need to hold block to not die. For those guys especially, I'm sympathetic.

Not so. I dual wield exclusively and have never had this issue. The most blockng I do is to stun on occasion.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

JackBadass posted:

Not so. I dual wield exclusively and have never had this issue. The most blockng I do is to stun on occasion.

Let's revisit this discussion when you are VR16.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

Let's revisit this discussion when you are VR16.

Not relevant. If your not hat-on-rear end retarded about your build, dual wielders don't have to "block to not die", as you put it. If youre having difficulties dual wielding, maybe you need to learn where to put your points, or maybe not stand like a log in front of the enemy.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

If its the same as I remembered it while they added VR 16 it takes the same amount of exp to go from VR 1 to VR 16 as it used to take to go from VR 1 to VR 14.
So in other words, nothing changed. Thanks.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

eSporks posted:

So in other words, nothing changed. Thanks.

Two extra skill points?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Veteran Banished Cells got nerfed so you actually have to kill all three keepers to progress through the dungeon. What would normally be a 20 minute run tops turned into a 45 minute slog because lolgottanerfoldcontentfornewcontenttobegoodlol.

Truly a fantastic update. Can't wait for Trials on Friday when our tanks get obliterated by the Axes in Aetherian Archive.

E: Apparently both the UI Scaling bug and the stuttering issues are "issues that can't be solved with a hot-fix patch"
Translation: "We have no loving clue what's causing this and no clue on how to fix it without breaking something else so we're going to spend the weekend in the office trying to fix it for Monday's patch."

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 2, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

You know that feeling when you accidentally deposit all your gold into a guild bank you can't withdraw from? I could do without knowing that feeling.

Scyantific posted:

E: Apparently both the UI Scaling bug and the stuttering issues are "issues that can't be solved with a hot-fix patch"
Translation: "We have no loving clue what's causing this and no clue on how to fix it without breaking something else so we're going to spend the weekend in the office trying to fix it for Monday's patch."

At least the servers are still up. For now, anyway. Small miracles...

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Aw snizzap, they changed that medium armour passive that boosts melee damage to only need 5 or more medium armour pieces instead of 7. That means I now have no worries about running my dk with 5 med + 2 heavy

Also my VR9 sorc is now a VR11 sorc and a bunch of champion points appeared out of thin air

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Actually, I think it has always been that way, they've just had unclear tool tips. "Full" set has meant five pieces for light and heavy, but, admittedly, I never tested it with medium.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I never actually tested the numbers myself but someone posted somewhere that you needed 7 pieces. I mean it was always basically a bug because of how it breaks the undaunted passive, whether it was in the tooltip or the actual game system

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Scyantific posted:

Veteran Banished Cells got nerfed so you actually have to kill all three keepers to progress through the dungeon. What would normally be a 20 minute run tops turned into a 45 minute slog because lolgottanerfoldcontentfornewcontenttobegoodlol.

Truly a fantastic update. Can't wait for Trials on Friday when our tanks get obliterated by the Axes in Aetherian Archive.

gently caress. I can deal with all of the dumb bugs and hotfixes the game throws at me for the most part, but the stuttering is really getting on my nerves. Especially when it affects combat. Ever since the patch hit, it feels like I'm playing the game on a 12 year old Windows XP shitbox.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Did not realize how useful the Wykkyd plugins were until they stopped working, namely the quest tracker that throws errors on logging in.

And now to go back and replace all my stat points at some point, really don't recall what I had in each trait.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
the mac client crashes like there,s no tomorrow in towns now. it's barely playable, i've had to restart 6 or 7 times while trying to craft a couple of gear sets

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

First week of an expansion is always a horror fest. I mean, it shouldn't be, but we as consumers have kinda come to expect it.

It's our fault, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Aramek posted:

First week of an expansion is always a horror fest. I mean, it shouldn't be, but we as consumers have kinda come to expect it.

It's our fault, basically.

If everyone would just stop playing video games we would not have this problem.

• Locked thread