Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

spacetoaster posted:

Whatever. A 5 second google search:

So, that's still zero deaths then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Never Forget.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

800peepee51doodoo posted:

So, that's still zero deaths then?

Why do you believe it's zero deaths? Where are you getting that information?

You know, I just figured animal rights nuts where just dumb hippies, but after actually reading an article or two...holy cow. These people are real pieces of poo poo.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v9/n10/full/nn1006-1195.html

attempting to firebomb the home of Lynn Fairbanks

Animal-rights websites post the names of scientists' spouses and children, along with their ages and schools.

Thanks for the heads up, peepeedoodoo (your name cracks me up)

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 1, 2015

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

spacetoaster posted:

You know, I just figured animal rights nuts where just dumb hippies, but after actually reading an article or two...holy cow. These people are real pieces of poo poo.

Not disagreeing, some of them really are. They still haven't ever killed anyone though, and yet they are a far bigger target for the police and FBI than actual murderous terrorist groups, like Operation Rescue, are. People have literally been sentenced to prison terms for sending faxes and owning bolt cutters because of their ties to environmental activism, yet I am unaware of any sting operations carried out by the FBI to entrap pro-lifers like they've done on environmentalists. That's the problem I have - the FBI and other law enforcement have environmental groups and activists under constant surveillance and harassment because environmentalists target corporations, institutions and businesses for property destruction but they don't give a poo poo about the terrorist organizations that target women and the doctors that provide them with necessary services for actual murder.

spacetoaster posted:

Thanks for the heads up, peepeedoodoo (your name cracks me up)

Glad you like it. I loving hate it but I'm too lazy to change it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

the FBI and other law enforcement have environmental groups and activists under constant surveillance and harassment because environmentalists target corporations, institutions and businesses for property destruction but they don't give a poo poo about the terrorist organizations that target women and the doctors that provide them with necessary services for actual murder.

I have to work with a number of Federal alphabet groups (FBI too) and when domestic terrorism is discussed Abortion bombings are always brought up. Also the militia groups are a hot topic as well. Environmental terrorism not so much.

In addition to knowing that it is on their radar I went to the FBI website and did a search for "abortion". There's a lot of stuff on it so I'm not sure why you believe they "don't give a poo poo".

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

spacetoaster posted:

I have to work with a number of Federal alphabet groups (FBI too) and when domestic terrorism is discussed Abortion bombings are always brought up. Also the militia groups are a hot topic as well. Environmental terrorism not so much.

In addition to knowing that it is on their radar I went to the FBI website and did a search for "abortion". There's a lot of stuff on it so I'm not sure why you believe they "don't give a poo poo".

Still not seeing the tragic human cost that can be attributed to environmental activism. Sure some of them are crazy, but even the most extreme cases--sabotage of pipelines, for example--seem to stem from major players doing real and tangible harm to the well being of the activists and/or those they sympathise with.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

JoelJoel posted:

Still not seeing the tragic human cost that can be attributed to environmental activism. Sure some of them are crazy, but even the most extreme cases--sabotage of pipelines, for example--seem to stem from major players doing real and tangible harm to the well being of the activists and/or those they sympathise with.

Everyone knows the CLIT isn't a real group, it's just an unorganized offshoot of the Liberating Apes Before Imprisoning Apes movement. :colbert:

In other news here's a new SF restaurant where you don't even have to see the poor make your food.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

Everyone knows the CLIT isn't a real group, it's just an unorganized offshoot of the Liberating Apes Before Imprisoning Apes movement. :colbert:
Post a picture of it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mulva posted:

In other news here's a new SF restaurant where you don't even have to see the poor make your food.

Gosh how novel

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
Another person needlessly shot and killed by pigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ft_9quXUfU

Surrendering man gets executed at 0:57

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

JoelJoel posted:

Then you're making a moral argument as to the propriety of sabotage for environmental ends. (That's fine.) But the FBI's job is to hunt down people who break federal laws.

Another factor is that while environmental and animal rights extremists don't kill people (though they can be dangerous to people), they're highly active when it comes to sabotage and the like. And they tend to be well educated, smart, dedicated militants who are very good at staying low, they operate across state lines, etc. Local and state police departments are not equipped to handle them so the FBI gets involved.

Sovereign citizens are really the worst of both worlds. They're highly active and also kill people. So obviously they're #1 on the list right now.

http://www.angryflower.com/1100.html

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

JoelJoel posted:

Still not seeing the tragic human cost that can be attributed to environmental activism.

Why do I have to provide the proof? He said there are 0 human deaths attributed to environmental terrorism in the last 25 years. I don't see any reason to believe that.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Mulva posted:

Of course it only serves Quinoa

gently caress's sake, when's that yellowstone volcano gonna take care of America

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

sinking belle posted:

Gosh how novel

This isn't an automat though. The food it's made to, and at the time of, order it just hides the kitchen and staff from patrons. It's the restaurant equivalent of this:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Even within scandinavia a lot of the weirdos that believe in the Ásatrú have connection to far-right racist groups like:

and similiar shitheads.

I almost wanna say that most of the time when you see someone wearing a Thor's hammer necklace and they're not too into metal they're just a breath away from spouting white supremacy bs.

Asatru should follow the Get of Fenris' example. :black101:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

spacetoaster posted:

Why do I have to provide the proof? He said there are 0 human deaths attributed to environmental terrorism in the last 25 years. I don't see any reason to believe that.

The RCMP went so far as to blow an oil company shed up to get a snitch closer to this guy's inner circle. There was an unexplained killing on his property, but nobody was ever charged.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GirlBones posted:

quote:

Nearly four days after the incident, the Sheriff's Office has yet to release a written account of what happened. The agency posted a statement on Facebook criticizing KSAT for posting the video "of a tragedy" as "unethical and sad" and "sensational." And on Twitter, the Sheriff's Office account posted: "Broadcasting a man's death for $100 has sparked threats to our deputies' lives. Let KSAT know what you think."

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Have you ever heard of anyone dying due to the actions of Ecoterrorists? The Wikipedia page on Eco-terrorism doesn't mention any, neither does this old FBI report. A google search turns up nothing. I've never heard of any deaths personally, and so absent further evidence, it appears that there are no known deaths directly caused by eco-terrorism.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Mulva posted:

This isn't an automat though. The food it's made to, and at the time of, order it just hides the kitchen and staff from patrons. It's the restaurant equivalent of this:

What do you think automats were? The kitchen was in the back, hidden away - just like this restaurant. The only difference is that things are made to order.....and of course the real thing about this place is that there are no waitresses. They make you do all the work. Brilliant way of shifting more burden to the consumer and reducing costs under a palatable technocratic veneer.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Animal rights / environmental radicals - 0 deaths in 25 years

Gee, let me google a sec: :downs:

Ted Kaczynski murdered Gilbert Murray (with a bomb!) who worked for some Timber company in April 1995.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
When asked what group is the highest threat to America, the answer is the US government, followed so distantly by everything else as to be completely irrelevant. Anyway, here's a whole bunch of crap I dug up for you.

Nov 2014: A wheelchair & blankets in 28F weather, in front of the blue screen of death in our nation’s capital.

CPAC 2014

The Onion:

Random stuff:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

LeJackal posted:

What do you think automats were? The kitchen was in the back, hidden away - just like this restaurant. The only difference is that things are made to order.....and of course the real thing about this place is that there are no waitresses. They make you do all the work. Brilliant way of shifting more burden to the consumer and reducing costs under a palatable technocratic veneer.

One of these days, the workers will be replaced with robots. The automat will finally and truly become auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Xcuz03jog

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cool, cool, cool

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Exclamation Marx posted:

cool, cool, cool

let's mark them 1, 2, 3... 198, 200, 201 and watch them look for #199 hahah

France's latest secretary for jobs, Myriam El Khomri. I can see the smoke coming out of racists' heads from my window.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The United States is a net good. You can't be a superpower without committing the occasional war crime.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Volcott posted:

The United States is a net good. You can't be a superpower without committing the occasional war crime.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

GirlBones posted:

:qq:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Clearly not company policy to not serve cops.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

German Antifa song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q15qLdQ9bNM

Antifa owns.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Protester in Baltimore is hit by car, is arrested.
https://vine.co/v/eTZlZdqgIrl

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Syria is the single worst human rights disaster of the 21st century.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

god loving dammit

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Syria is the single worst human rights disaster of the 21st century.

We're only 14 years in. Give it time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

I laughed.

• Locked thread