Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Anyone else having trouble with the app, I keep getting errors like this

the Colonel AI is having some problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Dan Didio posted:

Then why have the flashback showing things playing out differently, and two Big Boss' in the helicopter going through the different motions? Kaz and Ocelot are right there. I don't think she's a hallucination.

He's replacing his bad memory with a better one, because he's delusional. "It's okay Paz, we didn't miss the other bomb!" Also Kaz and Ocelot don't acknowledge her at all outside of that cutscene...for now anyways.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Just got the Cargo 2 upgrade, time to steal everything that isn't nailed down.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ps4 servers still down

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

He's replacing his bad memory with a better one, because he's delusional. "It's okay Paz, we didn't miss the other bomb!" Also Kaz and Ocelot don't acknowledge her at all outside of that cutscene...for now anyways.

I'm interested to see more manifestations of the stuff in Boss's hosed up head. I mean he has a massive chunk of steel sticking out of his skull, and a bunch of smaller fragments. The Doc even mentions that you absolutely have some pretty massive brain damage.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If I see the Man on Fire again, I'm going to hold him up and Fulton him.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I wish there was a way to fly in the chopper from place to place without leaving the map like you can in Mother Base.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm amazed that mouse and keyboard controls work really well

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm interested to see more manifestations of the stuff in Boss's hosed up head. I mean he has a massive chunk of steel sticking out of his skull, and a bunch of smaller fragments. The Doc even mentions that you absolutely have some pretty massive brain damage.

One of Ocelot's cassette tapes mentions hallucinations as a side effect, so, I feel like it's pretty obvious that not everything is real

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Seeing Ocelot give Diamond Dog recruits the same speech Big Boss gave him about not shooting like an action movie and engravings being pointless was legit kinda sweet.

War bros.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I'm taking an intro to astronomy online class for school and all i can think about while reading this textbook is The Boss RIP

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I also really appreciate the liberal use of artistic homoeroticism

same :swoon:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Attention anyone playing this with M+KB: I don't know if it mentioned this anywhere, but holding Ctrl while moving makes you move more slowly and quietly.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Attention anyone playing this with M+KB: I don't know if it mentioned this anywhere, but holding Ctrl while moving makes you move more slowly and quietly.

you just figured that out? :ughh:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My controller's left bumper broke so I'm using KB+M now instead.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

net cafe scandal posted:

If I see the Man on Fire again, I'm going to hold him up and Fulton him.

I wish R&D would figure out how to make a gun that fires water

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Super Soaker REX

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I played GZ and have been playing TPP with M+KB, but Im probably missing out on the sick VB of the XB 1 PAPC.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

I'm taking an intro to astronomy online class for school and all i can think about while reading this textbook is The Boss RIP

"In 1957, the Soviet Union launched Sputnik, the first human- made satellite. Since
that time, we have lived in an age of space exploration that has given us a new
perspective
on the universe."

:911:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I love how D Dog growls at people you're interrogating, a lot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I still haven't found DD.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I wish R&D would figure out how to make a gun that fires water

I have good news.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I found him after mission 3

Same.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i just got Quiet by punching her unconscious. you get extra points

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I still haven't found DD.
I found him when I did the first side-op (getting the interpreter), he was literally right next to me at the landing zone after I got out of the helicopter

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Gigante posted:

I found him when I did the first side-op (getting the interpreter), he was literally right next to me at the landing zone after I got out of the helicopter

exactly where I found him too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The first thing I did after acquiring Kaz was the side op to destroy the communications and the puppy came right up to me after hoppin out the choppa

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im by mission 10 and ive done every side op and i still havent seen DD

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lupe Fiasco is offering free copies of this game if you construct and eat a McWhooper on film and send it to him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
for me the puppy was hiding in the brush and the only reason I noticed as the yipping :3:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope its RNG and im not doing anything wrong. ive had a lot of ops go uhh awry and ended up murdering absolutely everything

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

frank.club posted:

Lupe Fiasco is offering free copies of this game if you construct and eat a McWhooper on film and send it to him

whats the downside

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope its RNG and im not doing anything wrong. ive had a lot of ops go uhh awry and ended up murdering absolutely everything

its probably just a random event dont worry!!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

im by mission 10 and ive done every side op and i still havent seen DD

He's easy to miss if you don't hear the bark right away. Go back to one of the first afghan missions/side ops.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Lol

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I think to get DD u need to start a mission on ground instead of helicopter

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

It's heartbreaking in a sense to imagine my good friends without the moral support of a war pupster.

My literal first act in the game after rescuing my boyfriend Benedict K was to free roam in the area around the first mission and I instantly heard his celestial yelps and yiffs and the rest was history. My suspicion is that he only shows up in the free roam or sub-mission contexts. Good luck, my loves....

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 2, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks Sofia. Thanks everyone. Hope I find the good pupper soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i already have D-horse. i accidentally called him deep inside an enemy base, i thought he would just ignore it since i was surrounded by guards (wasnt spotted yet) but sure enough he charges in and murders two guards for me

• Locked thread