Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Icept posted:

A good way to quickly compare your setup to others is to multiply your ingame sens with your DPI, and also your Windows sens ratio if applicable (not in your case). So you get 1.76*1600 which comes out at 2816. Compare it with the "eDPI" column in a spreadsheet like this. Now you'll see some crazy outliers but in general people are playing at sub 1400. So you're at least double of what's considered the fastest competitive sensitivity.

Also if you're not playing with rawimput there's a good chance you're also getting mouse acceleration on top of your super high sens, so you should probably check if that's also the case.

TLDR lower your sens.

What's up with LEGIJA and his 1.3 metres/360? If someone gets behind him does he just give up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Dude's gotta hate tazers and knives.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

symbolic posted:

Correction: Don't open cases unless you want to be a prolific trader.

:smug:

don't open cases

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Imagine driving a car where moving the steering wheel an inch turned the wheel 90 degrees. How would you do on a F1 track?

Uhh you'd do very well because you could turn faster????

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pookum posted:

Uhh you'd do very well because you could turn faster????

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
That hiko clutch is out of this fuckin world lol holy poo poo.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Icept posted:

A good way to quickly compare your setup to others is to multiply your ingame sens with your DPI, and also your Windows sens ratio if applicable (not in your case). So you get 1.76*1600 which comes out at 2816. Compare it with the "eDPI" column in a spreadsheet like this. Now you'll see some crazy outliers but in general people are playing at sub 1400. So you're at least double of what's considered the fastest competitive sensitivity.

Also if you're not playing with rawimput there's a good chance you're also getting mouse acceleration on top of your super high sens, so you should probably check if that's also the case.

TLDR lower your sens.

I know exactly why players do it, but I still think it's dumb as gently caress that pros buy a 24 inch Ben Q monitor and set CSGO to 800x600 stretch resolution. gently caress that poo poo, I'm gonna keep scrubbing it up at my native 1080p, shooting at the tiny heads. I'll never be a pro.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

texasmed posted:

I know exactly why players do it, but I still think it's dumb as gently caress that pros buy a 24 inch Ben Q monitor and set CSGO to 800x600 stretch resolution. gently caress that poo poo, I'm gonna keep scrubbing it up at my native 1080p, shooting at the tiny heads. I'll never be a pro.

Whatever you learned on is probably fine, no need to relearn how to aim and deal with a flicker when you alt tab.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
It really should be said that settings are mostly a prefference. I got up to lem with 1600 dpi @ 1 ingame sensitivty and I try hard every game. Whatever you are comfortable with and what works for you induvidually is probably best for you. That being said, lower your sensitivty.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm getting so sick of dust_2, every other game is on it in casual so there is hardly any opportunity to learn other maps and I'm still in the 2 win=21hr cool down phase for competitive

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Community 5v5 servers

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mcvey posted:

Community 5v5 servers

Or faceit. Dust 2 is usually one of the first voted out.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

no_funeral posted:

don't open cases

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loving loves dust2. Been playing it for like way more than a decade. Feels like coming home.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I enjoy playing dust2 after five games in a row on mirage. I have had to play so much goddamn mirage lately I think cloud9 would veto a 1v5 against me on it.

(okay, maybe not, but still, C9 needs to learn mirage and I need to get something else for a change, game)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dust2 is the best map in this game, it's just that you want to play different maps sometimes, you know? Like cache.

Actually just cache

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

dex_sda posted:

dust2 is the best map in this game, it's just that you want to play different maps sometimes, you know? Like cache.

Actually just cache

cache mirage d2 sometimes cbbl and overpass and delete inferno immediately

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

This is objectively correct.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Inferno is a good and fun map. So is train. Bring on new nuke.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

This plus train.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - click for bad player opinions

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I usually try to queue for Cache, Mirage & Season but after 10min of waiting I'll add Dust2 and then sigh as I get a game within 20sec.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Season is a cool map that has really long queue times

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I hate mirage because I can't awp and the whole map comes down to mid awping like half the time. Also I don't know any smokes for it still. Weh.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ixtlilton posted:

I hate mirage because I can't awp and the whole map comes down to mid awping like half the time. Also I don't know any smokes for it still. Weh.

Most good maps are about mid control and a good awp on either side can determine who has that.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Inferno is a good and fun map. So is train. Bring on new nuke.

A set of good opinions that is easy to agree with because they're correct.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I fixed the crazy eyes and got the .vtf stuff straight, only to learn you have to do a foil/holo version too. I'll see about making a shiny bottle or something, but it's coming along.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

sleppy posted:

I fixed the crazy eyes and got the .vtf stuff straight, only to learn you have to do a foil/holo version too. I'll see about making a shiny bottle or something, but it's coming along.

Would you like some cheese with that wine XD

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

sleppy posted:

how do I buy this once you put it on steam?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

You probably don't. I will post the steamshop link once I have it up to be voted for, but I'm pretty sure the chances of getting any work in the game are tiny.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
That poo poo is good but maybe give him a black vest or bulletproof vest or something, the white dress shirt sorta grabs the eyes from the great molotov joke.

Icept fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 3, 2015

Zekky
Feb 27, 2013
I feel like I've hit a wall in terms of improving at cs and I'm not sure if it's me or my hardware. I've been hovering between MGE/DGM recently and I'm struggling to do well in soloqueue games. I feel like I lose a lot of engagements that I shouldn't; I'll be holding what should be an advantageous angle but I'll get peeked and killed anyway. It often feels like my shots don't connect or that other people are faster than me at reacting.

Basically I'm asking how much difference does ping/fps make? I usually have 100-150 ping and 40-50 fps, is this a problem or should I just play more dm etc.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
As far as that sticker goes I'd probably say make the rag on the bottle more pronounced, as it is its nearly impossible to make out.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Icept posted:

That poo poo is good but maybe give him a black vest or bulletproof vest or something, the white dress shirt sorta grabs the eyes from the great molotov joke.

nftyw posted:

As far as that sticker goes I'd probably say make the rag on the bottle more pronounced, as it is its nearly impossible to make out.

I didn't actually do either of these things cause I'm pretty lazy and did all the drawing on my phone anyway, but I think the holo helped both. I actually like the huge contrast between separatist terrorist head and normal waiter outfit anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/urOhqbV.gifv

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511292237

Thanks for all the feedback, though. I wouldn't have ever felt good enough about it had I not posted here. Now you all need to vote yes and get me mad money.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Most good maps are about mid control and a good awp on either side can determine who has that.

Sure, but most maps you can play around that a lot easier than mirage.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

no_funeral posted:

for the record you can just pay the $15 and boom you're cevo IM. the only cevo divisions you need to qualify for are main and pro.

heh i was cevo main. Twice. :smug:

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Gristley Bear posted:

same

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Gristley Bear posted:

i was in ogl see me irl

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

sleppy posted:

I didn't actually do either of these things cause I'm pretty lazy and did all the drawing on my phone anyway, but I think the holo helped both. I actually like the huge contrast between separatist terrorist head and normal waiter outfit anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/urOhqbV.gifv

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511292237

Thanks for all the feedback, though. I wouldn't have ever felt good enough about it had I not posted here. Now you all need to vote yes and get me mad money.

Post this on reddit if you actually want to get it in-game. Also add a picture of it actually on a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I really miss sprays.

• Locked thread