Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Does anyone else think the scene with Elliot and Tyrell's wife confirm that Tyrell is another one of Elliot's personalities? She was testing him to see which personality he was at that moment.

I mean, I don't currently know how to reconcile the past episodes with this theory, but just that one scene has me turned to it.

Also, gently caress this horrible boss, god drat.

It did kind of seem like that. Which makes every scene with Tyrell super confusing. Could Eliot be one of Tyrell's personalities? O.o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I am Jacks smirking revenge

Edit: what did she say to make the shoe guy walk away?

"I don't know who you think you are, but I'll see the Prada next."

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I am Jacks smirking revenge

Edit: what did she say to make the shoe guy walk away?

He was going to get her the Pradas she wanted to try on.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

This guy's gonna blow his brains out now

edit :gonk:

edit place looks like the illuminati gathering room

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Hold on, could they be setting up Angela to somehow take the fall?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yep that's why evil corp was taken down

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drat, this guy is the real deal monster.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i never noticed a lizard squad arcade machine in the back. har har

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
There is less than 15 minutes now to resolve the issue with Tyrell...

e: "Stop talking to them! They can't help you!"

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

violetdragon posted:

It did kind of seem like that. Which makes every scene with Tyrell super confusing. Could Eliot be one of Tyrell's personalities? O.o

Tyrell can't be one of Elliot's personalities. If he was then his assistant would have reacted very differently to Elliot coming back to Evilcorp than "Who are you? I don't know where Tyrell is."

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Uh

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I've always loved Slaters rants

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I love how they make it subtly obvious slater is in front of a blue screen

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
you monsters

EDIT: Oh, more.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Son of a bitch.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

WHERE THE gently caress IS TYRELL GOD drat IT

Boss Bee
Oct 25, 2005
That's not an ending.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Hahahaha amazing

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
BD Wong owns.

Plenty of loose ends for next season.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brock Samson posted:

WHERE THE gently caress IS TYRELL GOD drat IT

in our protagonist's head

Maybe.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
What is resolution? We just don't know.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Crappy finale to a great season.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Boss Bee posted:

That's not an ending.

Duh the first thing said in the teaser for season 2 was "it's not over"

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
I wondered why BD Wong was in the credits again. I guess this is looping back to the room of powerful men who run the world thing from episode 1 huh?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

This loving show.

Almost yelled "gently caress you" when the credits came up, but saw 5 minutes left.

Now I can't wait for next season.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Boss Bee posted:

That's not an ending.

That was a great prologue. Now the real story begins...

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I actually didn't recognize B D Wong the first time, but I did in that final scene.

Guess that's sort of the point, or I'm blind.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Waynebo posted:

I wondered why BD Wong was in the credits again. I guess this is looping back to the room of powerful men who run the world thing from episode 1 huh?

You didn't watch after the credits, did you?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Hooooly poo poo, I would have been pissed off if they didn't get confirmation on a second season. Now that will give them time to write in a plausible way to explain Elliot being Tyrell!

This episode was amazing, I don't care what they left open. I was in this to see Elliot and the success of FSociety. They can use the second to do even crazier poo poo.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
For a finale that didn't really have any huge twists or turns or finality to it, that was really satisfying.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
guys Elliot stabbed Shannon

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

violetdragon posted:

You didn't watch after the credits, did you?

No I think he watched after the credits and is taking all of the powerful people chillin' out.

Edit: they're replaying the finale and its great how they focus on her shoes in the subway.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 3, 2015

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Left me wanting more, which is good, but with all the twists and turns so far, I honestly expected more.

I thought during the Times Square scene that Elliot was about to produce a new vision when he went all vibratey and stuff...

I dunno... Boo I guess.

Ordinary Cynic
Apr 3, 2007
Nothing suprises me...

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Left me wanting more, which is good, but with all the twists and turns so far, I honestly expected more.

I thought during the Times Square scene that Elliot was about to produce a new vision when he went all vibratey and stuff...

I dunno... Boo I guess.

I felt the same way. Really decent summer series. Kind of impressed. Legitimately looking forward to seeing what happened to Tyrell, and seeing the how Evil Corp hits back.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
https://vimeo.com/137378169

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Any translation on what tyrell's crazy rear end wife said?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I might need to rewatch it, but it fell pretty flat for me. It felt like an episode whose climax was accidentally misplaced into next season. Also I feel like we're losing sight of Elliot a little, which is not good, because Elliot is the best/most interesting part of the show.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Running this episode through my head again and now I'm even more glad they left the whereabouts of Tyrell open. The finale was hammering us over the head with Tyrell being another split personality and leaves us with that open possibility.

Eilliot had the right idea of the cabal running the world, and the entire time the show was misdirecting us the entire time with Tyrell being that person. We see White Lotus and the Evil Corp guy as the real Big Bad (with White Lotus double-crossing him?).

Elliot created his personalities to help him cope -- his father to handle FSociety, us to help him cope with his loneliness, and Tyrell as the way to get into Evil Corp.

This finale did exactly what it set out to do for me -- I am hyped for season 2.

Also, calling that the guy that knocked on Elliot's door is the guy from the intro, who dated Elliot's psychiatrist.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

HorseRenoir posted:

For a finale that didn't really have any huge twists or turns or finality to it, that was really satisfying.

Yeah I really liked it. I kinda dug that it felt more like "A First Chapter" instead of "A First Season" if that makes any sense. I realize those two are quite similar and I can't quite figure out how to put that difference I'm getting into more words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Do you think the ecorp exec really knows who's responsible, or does he think the girl did it (which is why he hired her and is trying to mentor her)?

• Locked thread