Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The worst thing about this game is being 9/10 on scrap collected from an outpost and spending 30 minutes looking for the 10th.

Edit: Anyone else 9/10 scrap on "The Pipes"?

JFC fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Earwicker posted:

I think there are a couple things that set it apart in a good way actually, though they are not huge issues

1. the desert is beautiful. a lot of games with desert settings are very boring and drab looking, and that could have easily been a big problem here, but even though the entire game world is one big desert it's actually quite varied and the scenery is often striking. I think it is one of the more visually unique open world games I've played lately

2. the feeling of speed and the way the camera move come together in a way that is very different from other open world and driving games, the angles are a little more unexpected but they work, the cars really feel like they have power to them, the sound design backs that up well..

While in terms of physics the driving is of course not realistic as a sim, but there is something these guys have figured out that IMO developers other driving games (not just open world or combat ones) should really be paying attention to here, there is just something visceral about the way cars move in this game or the way the landscape flows past at speed that works incredibly well

Yeah, the desert is much more visually striking in this game than for instance, in borderlands. It's still empty and lonely at times, but it's done well enough that it's never boring.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MGS5 is a great game and Mad Max could be a great game too, but I haven't played it so I dunno, this thread has made me turn my disinterest in it around a bit to where I'd be willing to drop 30 bux on it.

I've decided that all I want out of a Mad Max game is an appropriately crazy-filled wasteland with mooks to punch and cars to smash, I just wanna drive!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What I want to know is why I can drive my patchwork beater-car straight through another car of similar size and have that car explode into fragments and scrap, and I can just keep cruising along with no vehicle damage or missing limbs or burns. And do this repeatedly.

What happened to realism, Avalanche? 1.5/10.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Earwicker posted:

I think there are a couple things that set it apart in a good way actually, though they are not huge issues

1. the desert is beautiful. a lot of games with desert settings are very boring and drab looking, and that could have easily been a big problem here, but even though the entire game world is one big desert it's actually quite varied and the scenery is often striking. I think it is one of the more visually unique open world games I've played lately

2. the feeling of speed and the way the camera move come together in a way that is very different from other open world and driving games, the angles are a little more unexpected but they work, the cars really feel like they have power to them, the sound design backs that up well..

While in terms of physics the driving is of course not realistic as a sim, but there is something these guys have figured out that IMO developers other driving games (not just open world or combat ones) should really be paying attention to here, there is just something visceral about the way cars move in this game or the way the landscape flows past at speed that works incredibly well

This game is beautiful. I love sitting through all the storms. Same with the sound design. I've been running a 5.1 and I feel pity for people who have to play with headphones.

The physics makes you feel like you're pushing around a hunk of metal. I can't wait to finish the campaign. Hopefully they'll get to make a sequel and improve on all aspects of the finished product.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Muttonchips posted:

This game is beautiful. I love sitting through all the storms. Same with the sound design. I've been running a 5.1 and I feel pity for people who have to play with headphones.

The physics makes you feel like you're pushing around a hunk of metal. I can't wait to finish the campaign. Hopefully they'll get to make a sequel and improve on all aspects of the finished product.

I've been playing with a pair of Turtle Beach X11s and honestly, the game still sounds amazing. I have no doubt i'm missing out without a 5.1 surround setup but honestly, with a decent set of headphones it sounds great.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

midge posted:

X-Cross from nerd subforum, just in case someone else sees this.

I just settled down to play some Mad Max on release.

As soon as the game starts up from Steam. Both my screens go really weird with a Pink/white pixelated effect for the entire time the application is running. Once I quit out, both screens return to normal. As I press exit game I see a flash of the menu in "normal" colours.

I've never seen this on any other game/application/anything.

Graphics card is a R 280X on the latest drivers.

In before "MAX MAD IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK lovely LOL"

So I've got the same problem as this guy, but disabling steam overlay didn't fix it. Also tried reinstalling DirectX and vcredist and changing from fullscreen to borderless, that didn't work either. Funny thing is, the game plays smoothly

My graphics card is a GTX 650 1GB, is that my problem, is this what happens with not enough vram? Is someone gonna tell me I actually have to meet the minimum specs as advertised? loving capitalism ruining my computer games...

Funny thing is, the game plays smoothly, its just this ugly purple contrasty mess like the screenshot above.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Chumbuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkket

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know what the audio settings should be if you're using the PS4 Gold Headset?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Does anyone know where save files are stored on PC? I'd like to make a backup every so often in case I run into a bug . I checked the Appdata folder and there doesnt seem anything related to Mad Max / WB / steam there.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. It's in My Documents -> WB games

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 2, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

OhGreatAGinger posted:

So I've got the same problem as this guy, but disabling steam overlay didn't fix it. Also tried reinstalling DirectX and vcredist and changing from fullscreen to borderless, that didn't work either. Funny thing is, the game plays smoothly

My graphics card is a GTX 650 1GB, is that my problem, is this what happens with not enough vram? Is someone gonna tell me I actually have to meet the minimum specs as advertised? loving capitalism ruining my computer games...

Funny thing is, the game plays smoothly, its just this ugly purple contrasty mess like the screenshot above.

Set your screen mode to borderless windowed and it'll fix it.

edit: Read your post again, and uh, nevermind you're boned v:v:v

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Fishstick posted:

Does anyone know where save files are stored on PC? I'd like to make a backup every so often in case I run into a bug . I checked the Appdata folder and there doesnt seem anything related to Mad Max / WB / steam there.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. It's in My Documents -> WB games

<Your Documents Folder>\WB Games\Mad Max\Backup Saves

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

JFC posted:

The worst thing about this game is being 9/10 on scrap collected from an outpost and spending 30 minutes looking for the 10th.

Edit: Anyone else 9/10 scrap on "The Pipes"?

There's a really sneaky one hiding in a container you need to open with the crowbar, it should be under the crane of the first war crier. It's green iirc.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I bought this game last night and it hangs on the loading screen with the spinning arrow and all the logos and poo poo. I tried googling it but didn't have any luck. Anyone else had this problem?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Daztek posted:

There's a really sneaky one hiding in a container you need to open with the crowbar, it should be under the crane of the first war crier. It's green iirc.

Thanks, that was driving me nuts.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

midge posted:

X-Cross from nerd subforum, just in case someone else sees this.

I just settled down to play some Mad Max on release.

As soon as the game starts up from Steam. Both my screens go really weird with a Pink/white pixelated effect for the entire time the application is running. Once I quit out, both screens return to normal. As I press exit game I see a flash of the menu in "normal" colours.

I've never seen this on any other game/application/anything.

Graphics card is a R 280X on the latest drivers.

In before "MAX MAD IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK lovely LOL"

I have the same thing on a 970.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Yes, Worship Garbageman.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Did any of you get the Ripper car body unlocked on Steam yet? It seems like some people did, and apparently some people got a separate key to activate it when pre-ordering the game. Green Man Gaming gave me only one key though. :(

Ah OK, GMG says:
Your game may not contain the pre purchase content / DLC. We are working with the publisher to provide this for you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Well that sucks. Glad to see it's being worked on though.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
What a game. What a lovely game.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Game owns and jesus christ how can grown people care so much about what someone else says about a goddamn game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Played some more today and can agree this game is fuckin' rad.
I hope they sold enough to make a sequel because I want to see what this game can be with a little more polish/iterating.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Does anyone else have the issue where Max has a blood spot on his back, no matter what HP is?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
That happens after you take serious damage and won't go away until you exit to menu and reload. He's just stained with blood until you take a break and he washes himself off.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What is legend level and should I bother with judgement?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Warboys are the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYLcmoYJupU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What is legend level and should I bother with judgement?

Legend level ties upgrades for Max and they are necessary to unlock head skins where he has a ZZ-Top beard or get a bunch of poo poo all over his jacket as armor. It goes up by completing challenges such as destroying poo poo in various ways or eating dog food X amount of times. There are main titles like Road Warrior and then little level ticks for that title which go up after every completed challenge up to 10 until the next title is unlocked.

Judgement is extra legend levels that let you speed through title ticks. Eventually you'll get full Grifa tokens for every perk level so it doesn't matter, unlock how you want.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Help I can't stop collecting scrap.

A storm hit as I was clearing one of the Stank Gum camps. Figured I was so close to finishing it, it might become a safe zone if I could just clear the last few guys. Cue me punching my way through literal hell as huge bolts of lightning tear apart the dudes inside, and they scream for forgiveness. I swear I looked outside the camp and saw a massive wall of fire/sand combined ripping down the road throwing cars left and right.

Storms don't gently caress around!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Storms are great and I wish they'd spawn more often, once every two hours or so would be great.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Reviews for the musical Max! were not promising.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So are upgrading strongholds something tied to main story progression or am I just missing how to do it? Like I've collected enough parts to do two upgrades to Jeet's stronghold but he just sits in his chair ignoring my want to build a maggot farm.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Niggurath posted:

So are upgrading strongholds something tied to main story progression or am I just missing how to do it? Like I've collected enough parts to do two upgrades to Jeet's stronghold but he just sits in his chair ignoring my want to build a maggot farm.

1) Once you've unlocked the ability to upgrade a stronghold, the place will have "ghost" like outlines where the project(s) will be located in the base.
2) Go up to the outline. Press X and it will track all the parts needed on your map. You need to make sure you collect the correct parts for the correct base. Picking up 3 maggot farm parts for one stronghold and 1 for another doesn't equal 4. It's 3 and 1 respectively. Check progress by hovering over the stronghold on the main map.
3) Once you have all the pieces return to the stronghold. Go to the location of the upgrade "ghost" you want to unlock and press X.
4) The upgrade is built and it tells you the reward.

Note : Some upgrades require side (wasteland) mission progress to continue. These will be marked in by blue dots on the map. These upgrades won't have X/Y on the status, it'll have the name of the mission instead.

midge fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 3, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I threw together a dumb little hackjob panorama after clearing out a Scavenger location and noticing it had a gorgeous view:

It can't be stated enough, this game is downright beautiful at times. For a game about a post apocalyptic wasteland, there are moments when it's jawdroppingly pretty.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So I just beat the game and I got to say, I didn't see that ending coming even though it's kind of fitting given Max's character. :stare:

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I have the same thing on a 970.

Have you tried:

1. Going from fullscreen to borderless in the options?

2. Going to the game's _CommonRedist folder and installing DirectX and vcredist through their .exe?

3. Disabling steam overlay?

4. Prostrating yourself in the direction of Mecca and praying for Allah to intercede on your behalf?

Because I tried all those things and none of them worked, and if you tried those things too and none of them worked it means that I, and by extension you, have no recourse but to wait for a patch or something.

It would also mean that I wouldn't have to buy a new graphics card.

EDIT: Huh, how about that, verifying integrity fixed it...

OhGreatAGinger fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 3, 2015

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

T1g4h posted:

Fury moves are the absolute loving best. Drop kicked a dude off a cliff to his death earlier, 10/10.

I'm kind of mad that there aren't more context-sensitive combat moves because I really want to toss a warboy's head into a bear trap

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know where in Jeet's territory there's a lot of Buzzards? I want to grab one of those mine layers and haven't seen one in forever.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Have you tried:

1. Going from fullscreen to borderless in the options?

2. Going to the game's _CommonRedist folder and installing DirectX and vcredist through their .exe?

3. Disabling steam overlay?

4. Prostrating yourself in the direction of Mecca and praying for Allah to intercede on your behalf?

Because I tried all those things and none of them worked, and if you tried those things too and none of them worked it means that I, and by extension you, have no recourse but to wait for a patch or something.

It would also mean that I wouldn't have to buy a new graphics card.

Did you restart the game after switching to borderless? I missed this step and thought switching it just hadn't worked.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
The IGN reviewer made this sound like such a fun exciting game but every other review is like "gently caress, Idk its ok I guess?'

Why is there such a massive depature from the extreme excitement from IGN reviewer guy? He makes me want to play this like as soon as the video was halfway through I went to go buy it, then I did more research and watched the quick look on Giantbomb and they seem to not care bout it at all.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Barracuda Bang! posted:

Anyone know where in Jeet's territory there's a lot of Buzzards? I want to grab one of those mine layers and haven't seen one in forever.

It may be less about where and more about when. Buzzards only come out at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I accidentally smoked one of the sidequest givers out in the world with the car because I couldn't brake in time, and then it gave me "quest complete: mercy kill" :stare:

• Locked thread