Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

JakeP posted:

Sir Sam Vines posted in this thread the other day, but don't think he has played a bunch of mafia games since that one.

SSV is in my game right now :guitar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

JakeP posted:

When I made heroes of the stormfia mafia I posted about it in the Hots thread and got some people to play, but none of them have really stuck around much. Sir Sam Vines posted in this thread the other day, but don't think he has played a bunch of mafia games since that one. Maybe a couple of those players played a couple games? Dunno

SamVimes has played both XCOM and ecco's current game :D

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
One more person for my game!

One more and it can start basically immediately!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

hey I need a replacement for my big game; it looks like a big beast to tackle BUT:
A) a lot of it is fluff that can be skipped
B) I am here to answer any questions you have and guide you to specific players/posts of interest to orient you
C) you would be doing me a big favor.

The game:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3734881

The player:
EXAKT Science

thanks in advance!

~ e.t.r.

I'll do it.~~~~

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

And that's why we need the Big Game Queue.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

also fun news: i graduate in december???? so i might try and come back and play mafia since i'll have time for things like a hobby

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

winvirus posted:

And that's why we need the Big Game Queue.

I mean.

CCKeane posted:

I'll do it.~~~~

u ded

winvirus posted:

also fun news: i graduate in december???? so i might try and come back and play mafia since i'll have time for things like a hobby

I would be pleasantly surprised with egg applied directly to the face if this Crisis of Finite Players actually does resolve itself in a few months. winvirus it is an Ecco Promise that if you come back in december I'll make a game just for you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

winvirus posted:

grats dude~~~

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

EccoRaven posted:

Targeted messages to former players might have been helpful too.

I mean this is why I'm back, soooo

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

winvirus posted:

You will go back to college

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Dear Mafia thread,

Last night I had to sleep on the couch because when I went to get into bed I saw that my cat had thrown up all over the blanket at some point during the day and I didn't notice, and I don't have any other blankets out because so much is in storage still from the great year of the moths.

I have now laundered my blanket though so everything is fine.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

We get new players from survivor threads instead of gbs now

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I think there are a lot of players who either lurk the thread or don't post in it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've been perpetually in at least two games since hotsfia. :v:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm back in the US (for 3 weeks after having been away 3 years) and it's nice and strange. Everything is so big... But driving the 95 from NYC was the same as always. We'll be up in Cape Cod next week, and that's one of my favorite places, though I've only been there in the winter before so I'm sure I'll like it during the summer.

On the other hand we went to the mall today and I think I made the right choice in moving to Paris. I've always hated the mall.

Opopanax posted:

I am a giant ball of stress who cannot survive interpersonal relationships. I'm just going to live here in the thread where it's safe, and my lame dad jokes and overall neediness are appreciated.

I saw this while catching up and I don't what you're talking about Opop but you're a good guy and I'm glad to have met you. That goes for everyone actually.

EccoRaven posted:

I am concerned about Mafia. The past few games I've opened struggled to get players (save for Clarent's Calamity where I invited ~a dozen of them, most of them non-active players), and it feels like most games opened in the past few weeks/months have similar struggles. I don't think it's from oversaturation either: votefinder is only tracking three games right now, totaling 26 players (assuming no crossovers, and I know there is probably a handful).

This thread also feels quieter.

The thing with me is that I like mafia enough but the game itself isn't all that appealing to me. What I do like is the people and getting to chat and play a game with you kids is really fun and rewarding each time. So I probably don't sign up for games all that much, but I'm always happy to replace in, I think it's better to help a game that's floundering than one that hasn't yet taken off. I wish I could help you out Ecco, but I can't guarantee all that much effort while on vacation. Anyway, I'll be happy to help write flavor for mechanics-inclined people if they want to take the game to another forum.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We'll be up in Cape Cod next week, and that's one of my favorite places, though I've only been there in the winter before so I'm sure I'll like it during the summer.

If you'll be in Hyannis at all, hunt down the amusingly named Chinese restaurant Golden Fountain and eat some beef fried rice for me. I still miss Hyannis a lot.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

your weather sucks opop

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I like driving fast, anyone else drive fast?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
driving fast is bad for you

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

driving fast is bad for you

But it feels good

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
The most awkward feeling is turning in front of someone and completely misjudging how fast they were going. Causing them to come up on you fast and break or switch lanes. So awkward.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

x is bad for you

Magnus Gallant posted:

But it feels good

life defined

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
some things feel good that are not bad for you.

television, carrots, sunshine in the spring and fall, Jesus, drinking a cup of coffee with an old friend, reading a book, running fingers through your hair on a windy day, looking at the sea, eating a sandwich, naps.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
iced tea, snowmen, giggling, moving things around in a room when your roommate leaves it then pretending like nothing changed when she gets back, bad movies, good movies, movies in general, moisturizer, scented candles, gardening, sandcastles

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

iced tea, snowmen, giggling, moving things around in a room when your roommate leaves it then pretending like nothing changed when she gets back, bad movies, good movies, movies in general, moisturizer, scented candles, gardening, sandcastles

Haha one time I went out of town for a week and ny friends snuck into my room and reversed everything. Everything was from flipped. It was funny but then they didn't help me fix it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

some things feel good that are not bad for you.

television, rots your brain
carrots, covered in pesticides
sunshine in the spring and fall, causes skin cancer
Jesus, leads to fatal snake bites
drinking a cup of coffee with an old friend, causes hypertension
reading a book, causes vision problems
running fingers through your hair on a windy day, causes hair loss
looking at the sea, causes drowning
eating a sandwich, gives you high cholesterol
naps. will make you late

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 27, 2020

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The overwhelming response to soldiers game flavour has been determined!

Thanks for the help friends!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

your weather sucks opop

Little rain never hurt anyone

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I was impressed you found something wrong with naps. regardless those things are good in moderation! there is no amount of moderate speeding that is good for you.

one morning my roommate thought I was still asleep. she took out the recycling and while she was gone I replaced the bag and ran back into my room. I could hear her come back in, get a paper bag, open the shelf below the sink, pause, grumble, and put the bag away.

Hahahaha that's too funny

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what a trickster

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

If you'll be in Hyannis at all, hunt down the amusingly named Chinese restaurant Golden Fountain and eat some beef fried rice for me. I still miss Hyannis a lot.

We're going to Truro and Provincetown, but we'll be passing through Hyannis. Still not sure if we'll get Chinese though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

has anyone watched 'narcos' on netflix and is it any good

I told you to watch Vikings.

Did you watch Vikings?

Watch Vikings.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i couldnt find it anywhere where is it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm watching the season finale of mr robot and despite what I think is a big reveal I'll probably go back and see the rest

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's up with confirming?

I know you got your role PM. I took great care to make sure you got the right one and that it was delivered.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's a pointless contentless way to increase your post count at the start of the game. I only do it if the mod asks people do.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Met posted:

What's up with confirming?

I know you got your role PM. I took great care to make sure you got the right one and that it was delivered.

If someone didn't get their role PM they can ask the mod what's up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've always confirmed, it let's the mod and the players you are good to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

i couldnt find it anywhere where is it

I don't know. It's on Australian Netflix.