Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Speaking of crummy preseason trades, a post was made in my 14 team money league's facebook today.

It was a good post telling people to stop lowballing him for his RB's that he loaded up on.

Then this post came up from a different person.

I probed yesterday to see what he felt of a trade of my Martavis Bryant or Charles Johnson for his Ryan Mathews. (Thats my offer he is rebuffing)

This is a person who literally has 3 WRs in a 14 team league with 7 bench spots, they are, Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, and Reggie Wayne.

I can't wait until week 3 when his 3 WRs have combined to have 20 points, and he gets desperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

OxySnake posted:

Speaking of crummy preseason trades, a post was made in my 14 team money league's facebook today.

It was a good post telling people to stop lowballing him for his RB's that he loaded up on.

Then this post came up from a different person.

I probed yesterday to see what he felt of a trade of my Martavis Bryant or Charles Johnson for his Ryan Mathews, and I see this post come up today.

This is a person who literally has 3 WRs in a 14 team league with 7 bench spots, they are, Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, and Reggie Wayne.

I can't wait until week 2 when his 3 WRs have combined to have 20 points, and he gets desperate.

Yeah you let players like that just flame out. I was price-enforcing Hillman in my draft and ended up with him. I contacted the C.J. Anderson owner and suggested Hillman for Duke Johnson (I got Crowell but whiffed on Johnson). He told me he would want a 2-for-2 deal with a "significant upgrade" for him to do that deal. Some people just don't know how to do trades.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

As a Charles owner of many seasons, it happens a couple of times a year. Every loving year.

Happened twice at LEAST that I can recall last year.

And that fat loving walrus used to do it with McCoy back in Philly too.

And if it wasn't walrus it was Romeo loving Crennel that loving sonofabitch cost me my first Super Bowl.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

So, now that most of us have a couple of drafts under our belts, what players did you end up with the most exposure to this year?

I've got a ton of Allen Robinson, Stevie Johnson, Gronk, Philip Rivers, Foster and Dez this year, mix of dynasty and redraft.

Expected to end up with more Gore, Abdullah and John Brown this year, but hype and ADP got out of hand.

ODB better light the world afire. As would Forsett and Drew Brees.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
More poopoo from Valley Ranch, hold onto your butts:

https://mobile.twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/639156671143522304

(Stephen jones is chief operating officer for DAL)

"Stephen Jones said there could be a lot f action from the Cowboys after final cuts. Running back will be a position of interest, per Jones"

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Who are you all "streaming" at DST for week 1? I didn't bother looking ahead more than one week and chose Carolina @ Jax.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Suave Fedora posted:

More poopoo from Valley Ranch, hold onto your butts:

https://mobile.twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/639156671143522304

(Stephen jones is chief operating officer for DAL)

"Stephen Jones said there could be a lot f action from the Cowboys after final cuts. Running back will be a position of interest, per Jones"

Trent Richardson would look excellent with a star on his helmet. He's a #3 draft pick, Jerry!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Who are you all "streaming" at DST for week 1? I didn't bother looking ahead more than one week and chose Carolina @ Jax.

Miami, Indy, Carolina, Cleveland, and Tennessee (off the top of my head :D) all have a favorable handful of games to start the year.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RVProfootballer posted:

Miami, Indy, Carolina, Cleveland, and Tennessee (off the top of my head :D) all have a favorable handful of games to start the year.

Carolina and Cleveland also have the benefit of being competent defenses so I will target them first.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Would you drop anybody on here for Stevie Johnson?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Either dwill or blue

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Metapod posted:

Either dwill or blue

Or Clay.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No. I believe.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

kiimo posted:

No. I believe.

If he is very very good and everything goes absolutely right for him with their O-line, the very best case scenario for Charles Clay is to be the #2 or #3 option on the worst passing offense in the NFL.

Strong pass.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Miami is a great streaming option. The first six weeks of the season:

Kirk Cousins
Blake Bortles
:siren: TYROD TIME :siren:
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Marcus Mariota
Brian Hoyer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Tyrod gonna drop 48 on Miami

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

If he is very very good and everything goes absolutely right for him with their O-line, the very best case scenario for Charles Clay is to be the #2 or #3 option on the worst passing offense in the NFL.

Strong pass.

Someone needs to check their clock

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Metapod posted:

Someone needs to check their clock

OK, second worst, the Washington team's meltdown has been pretty fun to watch tbh

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Would you drop anybody on here for Stevie Johnson?

Drop DeAngelo Williams because Blue will be a better starter those two weeks anyway.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
re: StevieChat

He was also like one of the top-15 WRs last year in fantasy points per snap and the first ~5 years of his career in cold-assed Buffalo with dogshit QBs he put up like 70/1000/6 each season

Stevie gon feast

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Drop DeAngelo Williams because Blue will be a better starter those two weeks anyway.

Too late I already dropped Clay. My convictions were weak.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Vikings. Improved exponentially as 2014 went on, Zimmer gets the most from his D, two high picks on positions of need (CB, MLB), gets the 49ers week one, not in the top-15 pre-season rankings.

Seriously guys, if Peterson is "back" and Teddy steps forward, that defense is going to get a lot of rest and they have talent at some key positions and a good system. They're the UDFA sleeper defense

e: not to mention that the Vikings have Patterson/Sherels/Diggs returning kicks

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 3, 2015

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Dandy Kaiser posted:

re: StevieChat

He was also like one of the top-15 WRs last year in fantasy points per snap and the first ~5 years of his career in cold-assed Buffalo with dogshit QBs he put up like 70/1000/6 each season

Stevie gon feast

I've got Sammy Watkins, TJ Yeldon, Terrance Williams(also own Dez) and Devonta Freeman kicking around. Any of those worth dropping for Stevie?

I wanna believe but also this is starting to sound like Our Lord and Savior Charles Sims.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Vikings. Improved exponentially as 2014 went on, Zimmer gets the most from his D, two high picks on positions of need (CB, MLB), gets the 49ers week one, not in the top-15 pre-season rankings.

Seriously guys, if Peterson is "back" and Teddy steps forward, that defense is going to get a lot of rest and they have talent at some key positions and a good system. They're the UDFA sleeper defense

I auto-drafted Arizona and I don't know why they are owned by so many. Vikings over Arizona? Detroit and Pittsburgh are also available but I think the steelers are going to suck on D this year.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AquXnU6Py4

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

:siren: Treat @GB and @CHI as Byes. Minnesota always shits the bed at those two places :siren:

Otherwise p. much. Minnesota's d could be really good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

:siren: Treat @GB and @CHI as Byes. Minnesota always shits the bed at those two places :siren:

Otherwise p. much. Minnesota's d could be really good.

They'll be good week 1, but if you hold them past that, you're doing it wrong.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

So after that one story got posted about Cruz, someone dropped him in my league. Is it a crazy idea to drop some bench garbage and pick him up, just in case?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
It's not a crazy idea but personally I wouldn't bother with Cruz. Patellar tendon tears are pretty much game-changers for WRs and I don't expect Cruz to ever regain pre-injury form.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Keeper league, inaugural season. WRs are Keenan Allen/Landry/AJ80/Floyd/Perriman (I know...at least I'm stacked at RB)

While we all talked about remembering to grab Jordy Nelson in the draft, we all forgot and he's on the waiver wire.

I'm looking to pick him up, and I think I know who the hive mind would say is the right person to drop, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. 0 ppr, ~$5 increase to retain a guy for next season, so even at a $20 claim on Jordy it's still a steal.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I need some help with an "until McCoy gets back" conundrum. 16 team .5 ppr return yardage league.

My RBs are not exciting. We only start one, so it's not a huge issue in general, but atm I've got:

McCoy
Bryce Brown
Roy Helu
Javorius Allen
Jerick McKinnon
Theo Riddick
Zach Zenner

Really I need to ditch several of them given our starting requirements and I have a mighty need to pick up a safety, but for now that's what I've got.

Anyone think Riddick has a ton of value anymore? Anthony Dixon is available who seems to be the backup for McCoy more than Bryce, should I swap them out? Langford is also available so I'd like to cut someone for him. Which say 6 rb out of that pile would you keep?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

It's not a crazy idea but personally I wouldn't bother with Cruz. Patellar tendon tears are pretty much game-changers for WRs and I don't expect Cruz to ever regain pre-injury form.

i just got offered Cruz for Allen Robinson straight up. I'm guessing I should politely decline.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

nrr posted:

i just got offered Cruz for Allen Robinson straight up. I'm guessing I should politely decline.
I would. The Jags are still garbage but Robinson is a popular breakout candidate. He was quietly on pace for ~80 catches last year before his injury and reports on him from OTAs/training camp have been glowing.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
lol yeah Robinson will be the big target on JAX all year, Cruz will be Manning's 3rd look if he manages to stay healthy.

I have Robinson with a 5th-6th round draft grade, and Cruz as 14th-15th, in a WR-heavy league.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

I would have liked MIA vs WAS but the Dolphins were early-picked in all my leagues. I'm rolling with KC @ HOU and hoping they re-catch some of that fire from before when they were the top D/ST.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

wattershed posted:

Keeper league, inaugural season. WRs are Keenan Allen/Landry/AJ80/Floyd/Perriman (I know...at least I'm stacked at RB)

While we all talked about remembering to grab Jordy Nelson in the draft, we all forgot and he's on the waiver wire.

I'm looking to pick him up, and I think I know who the hive mind would say is the right person to drop, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. 0 ppr, ~$5 increase to retain a guy for next season, so even at a $20 claim on Jordy it's still a steal.

Which Floyd?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Azhais posted:

I need some help with an "until McCoy gets back" conundrum. 16 team .5 ppr return yardage league.

My RBs are not exciting. We only start one, so it's not a huge issue in general, but atm I've got:

McCoy
Bryce Brown
Roy Helu
Javorius Allen
Jerick McKinnon
Theo Riddick
Zach Zenner

Really I need to ditch several of them given our starting requirements and I have a mighty need to pick up a safety, but for now that's what I've got.

Anyone think Riddick has a ton of value anymore? Anthony Dixon is available who seems to be the backup for McCoy more than Bryce, should I swap them out? Langford is also available so I'd like to cut someone for him. Which say 6 rb out of that pile would you keep?

I would drop Riddick for Boobie easily.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So in one of my leagues someone drafted Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning and is offering up Peyton Manning for some RB help.

current situation is
12 team 1 ppr 4 pt pass td

QB Ryan Tannehill
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Lamar Miller
BN Andre Ellington
BN Tevin Coleman

His team

QB Andrew Luck
BN Peyton Manning
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Chris Ivory
BN Shane Vereen

Now the league is only 2 RB and no flex, so i'm thinking i can package Ellington with a bench WR and see if he'll take it? He also has the same Bye as Marshawn Lynch, so i'm feeling like he'll be wasting his time mostly on the bench unless one of my starters get injured, but then again if one of them do i'd be pretty thin with coleman as a 2nd RB. Do you guys think i should just roll with Tannehill? Also since it's a 4 pt pass td league, i assume that makes Peyton slightly less of an upgrade but still one nonetheless.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 3, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
His RBs aren't even that bad, but whatevs.

If he's already looking to move Peyton, then he should be amenable to taking a discount on him, since he could have easily drafted another RB in the round he picked Peyton, so don't try to match up to Peyton's value on the first offer. That said, you chose to draft Tanney late for a reason, which was to smartly secure your RB/WR positions, so don't go out of your way to sacrifice depth to fix his mistake. Thinking further, to give up RB depth at this point would be like backtracking on your draft strategy. If you are happy with the way you drafted, then don't sacrifice what you got in the process. Tell him that you're fine with what you''ve got but the prospect of having Peyton is interesting, and offer Coleman + BE WR for Manning to see what he says.

Ultimately, you need to keep at the forefront that he is the one who made a mistake by rostering two great QBs and you are under no obligation to help him fix his mistake unless it 100% helps your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I was actually thinking like a Ellington/Alex Smith for Manning/Ivory deal, which i'm actually liking Ivory this year, but don't know if he'd go for that since he's looking for RB depth? But yea not too big of an importance atm.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 3, 2015

• Locked thread