Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Hellsau posted:

KV-2 gun versus O-I gun.

Interesting. I'm hardly an expert on the subject but isn't having 6 degrees of normalization more useful than 14 extra median pen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

subhelios posted:

Interesting. I'm hardly an expert on the subject but isn't having 6 degrees of normalization more useful than 14 extra median pen?

Yep.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wow I am lucky I still had my "Loader" around from my AMX M4 45 (great tank). I was using the 50 100 to train up a 4 man crew to eventually train over into the AMX 30, however, I did not do my research because the crew in the 50 100 is Commander, Gunner, Driver, and Radio Operator; the crew in the AMX 30 is Commander, Gunner, Driver, and Loader. When I bought a CDC I had trained the AMX M4 45 Loader into the CDC's loader and brought in my BatChat crew for the rest of it, so now he can train to be the AMX 30's loader and I'll move up my 13 90 crew instead of moving the 50 100 crew over.

tl;dr I'm an idiot who didnt research before investing time in training a crew.

Any chance the French will get a second heavy line one day?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 3, 2015

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

What the hell, why do high tier Japanese heavies have 2 loving Radio operators. Are they so big, that the crew members are in different time zones and require radio contact to communicate?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mmkay posted:

What the hell, why do high tier Japanese heavies have 2 loving Radio operators. Are they so big, that the crew members are in different time zones and require radio contact to communicate?
They man the MG turrets that are all over the things. They are large, so they have extra turrets to help protect them, which in turn makes them even larger.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

Wow I am lucky I still had my "Loader" left from my AMX M4 45 (great tank). I was using the 50 100 to train up a 4 man crew to train over into the AMX 30, however, I did not do my research because the crew in the 50 100 is Commander, Gunner, Driver, and Radio Operator; the crew in the AMX 30 is Commander, Gunner, Driver, and Loader. When I bought a CDC I had trained the AMX M4 45 Loader into the CDC's loader, so now he can train to be the AMX 30's loader and I'll move up my 13 90 crew instead of moving the 50 100 crew over.

tl;dr I'm an idiot who didnt research before investing time in training a crew.

Any chance the French will get a second heavy line one day?

I think there are plans for a non-autoloader heavy line but it may be a couple years out.

mmkay posted:

I think they use the Radio position in place of other positions not represented in WoT, e.g. machine-gunner, co-driver, fluffer, etc.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mmkay posted:

Additional armor layers to protect the more useful crew members. In other words, the KV-5 principle.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I started playing again just now for the first time all summer. Pubbies are still loving atrocious. That said, I enjoy the t2 and t3 japanese heavies. The only thing is that I miss all the information XVM gives me. Is there a new one out or what?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

I started playing again just now for the first time all summer. Pubbies are still loving atrocious. That said, I enjoy the t2 and t3 japanese heavies. The only thing is that I miss all the information XVM gives me. Is there a new one out or what?

OMC Modpack is semi-updated as of right now. Most of the core stuff is there so you're not playing naked, but they're still working out all the bugs.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The KV-2 has mobility issues, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the O-I has a harder time reaching 20kph.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I am at the O-I exp. The tank just feels like the worst tier 5 heavy in the game. I also get the feeling something is broke regarding HE splash damage against it. In that it will take full damage from splash. I have had to put on the super heavy spall liner to try and survive a single splash from arty or KV2's

Edit: I take back every mean thing I have said about this tank

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 3, 2015

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The KV-2 has mobility issues, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the O-I has a harder time reaching 20kph.

It seems to cruise along at a decent 25 over good ground.

Tank is surely going to be nerfed though, at least the HE shells. I've been playing with just HE and getting 2k damage most battles. You one shot almost every tier 6 and a lot of tier 7s from the side, even blasting one at a hull down T29 will do 2-300 damage.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

99% of the time, the Churchill VII is a piece of poo poo. But sometimes it goes apeshit.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

LostCosmonaut posted:

99% of the time, the Churchill VII is a piece of poo poo. But sometimes it goes apeshit.

The last game I ever had on the church VII I did something like 4200 damage and 9 kills. It was stupid in every way and when that game finished I collapsed in laughter.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The tier 5 Jap Heavy is surprisingly mobile for being a giant trashcan. Also got into a knife fight with a churchill III and got my poo poo owned then realized the armor is only 75mm thick and flat.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BadLlama posted:

The tier 5 Jap Heavy is surprisingly mobile for being a giant trashcan. Also got into a knife fight with a churchill III and got my poo poo owned then realized the armor is only 75mm thick and flat.
I'm not sure about the Tier5, but the 7 is hilariously large:

That is me in a ChurchVII next to it.

edit: ZombieLenin please dont hate me for my mods.
I have a mod that has a pic of John Cleese popup when 6th sense fires :ohdear:

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
There are so many tier X's on trying to get the e25 mission that playing my tier 8s and 9s is pretty painful at the moment. It's probably the first event missions I've bothered to go for so luckily I've got my isu-152 to farm damage with.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

sc0tty posted:

There are so many tier X's on trying to get the e25 mission that playing my tier 8s and 9s is pretty painful at the moment. It's probably the first event missions I've bothered to go for so luckily I've got my isu-152 to farm damage with.

Yeah, I tried to play a game in the CDC and regretted. More than 50% tier X's in that game. Also Malinovka. :suicide:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Tortuga posted:

It seems to cruise along at a decent 25 over good ground.

Tank is surely going to be nerfed though, at least the HE shells. I've been playing with just HE and getting 2k damage most battles. You one shot almost every tier 6 and a lot of tier 7s from the side, even blasting one at a hull down T29 will do 2-300 damage.

The HE on the KV-2 is better, so it probably isn't getting nerfed.

That is, unless it aims like a dream.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

McGavin posted:

Wrong. English does this all the time. It's why we say things like "nuclei" and "fungi" but also "syllabuses" and "hippopotamuses". English is a living language and its rules are continuously evolving depending on how people are actually using it. :owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoASZyihalc

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

That tank is beautiful.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

On the patch-
I really like the changes to Redshire. I have only played from the S/E base so far, but the 1/2 line is actually a viable location now. There are good fights all over the map. Apparently the chimps with the typewriters finally got one.
OTOH- why the gently caress did WG feel the need to screw with the loading and tab screens? I have to edit my goddamned XVM configuration to unfuck it, and that is an enormous pain in the rear end. Related- why hasn't someone made a goddamned XVM editor? The online one has been obsolete for what, 2 years? Come on, nerds!

Haven't bothered with the Jap heavies yet. I think I will wait until they get the buff they seem to need before I bother.

Last but not least- unlocked the 50b last night, and should finish up unlocking the 183 tonight :toot: I can only afford one right now, and am leaning toward the 183. I already have a 57 heavy, but don't have a huge alpha tier 10 TD (I just have the WTF 100, which I rarely play because I am exceptionally bad in it).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

On the patch-
I really like the changes to Redshire. I have only played from the S/E base so far, but the 1/2 line is actually a viable location now. There are good fights all over the map. Apparently the chimps with the typewriters finally got one.
OTOH- why the gently caress did WG feel the need to screw with the loading and tab screens? I have to edit my goddamned XVM configuration to unfuck it, and that is an enormous pain in the rear end. Related- why hasn't someone made a goddamned XVM editor? The online one has been obsolete for what, 2 years? Come on, nerds!

Haven't bothered with the Jap heavies yet. I think I will wait until they get the buff they seem to need before I bother.

Last but not least- unlocked the 50b last night, and should finish up unlocking the 183 tonight :toot: I can only afford one right now, and am leaning toward the 183. I already have a 57 heavy, but don't have a huge alpha tier 10 TD (I just have the WTF 100, which I rarely play because I am exceptionally bad in it).

50b is amazing.

Drop everything and get the 50b.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Stevefin posted:

I am at the O-I exp. The tank just feels like the worst tier 5 heavy in the game. I also get the feeling something is broke regarding HE splash damage against it. In that it will take full damage from splash. I have had to put on the super heavy spall liner to try and survive a single splash from arty or KV2's

Edit: I take back every mean thing I have said about this tank

Yeah, I free XPd to it and already like it after a few battles. Sure, it's a giant slow brick, but the armor's not unreasonable and it has a few decent gun choices. The stock 120 has such a high arc that you can autoaim and lob shells over hills.

BadLlama posted:

Yeah, but the armor is pretty uniform all-around, so you can angle aggressively. The Church 3 only has 110 pen on his 57 mm AP shells so he'd most likely have to switch to APCR to have any chance of penning.

Bort Bortles posted:

I'm not sure about the Tier5, but the 7 is hilariously large:

That is me in a ChurchVII next to it.

WHY DO SUCH A SMALL PEOPLE NEED SUCH GIGANTIC TANKS?!? :psyduck: THE GODDAMN RUSSIANS CAN FIT IN THEIR LITTLE TANKS!! oh wait these are all pretty much imaginary Japanese heavy tanks

WayAbvPar posted:

On the patch-

Played new Redshire once, seems nice. Wargaming fucks with every aspect of their game for no reason every patch, and they usually "forget" to mention this in the patch notes. Just give it a few days, mod authors will get everything up and running again.

While the jap HTs start at 3, they really start at tier 5 so you can jump in there. Seem ridiculous but fun so far.

The 183 is mediocre, the 50B is great even if you have the 57. If you want a TD go for the E3 or something.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The AMX 50b is significantly better than the T57. The hull armor confounds pubbies - point at the enemy tanks and pubbies will aim for your incredibly good front armor intead of the paper turret because French tanks are paper right? Also APCR is useful and HEAT is poo poo.

e: is the E3 cupola still nerfed to worthlessness? I haven't had the mental fortitude to play it.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 3, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Atomizer posted:

WHY DO SUCH A SMALL PEOPLE NEED SUCH GIGANTIC TANKS?!? :psyduck: THE GODDAMN RUSSIANS CAN FIT IN THEIR LITTLE TANKS!! oh wait these are all pretty much imaginary Japanese heavy tanks
My thoughts exactly, they are hilariously large. Their crew members should never die because there is such a small chance of a penetrating shell hitting them.

Atomizer posted:

Played new Redshire once, seems nice. Wargaming fucks with every aspect of their game for no reason every patch, and they usually "forget" to mention this in the patch notes. Just give it a few days, mod authors will get everything up and running again.
I really enjoyed our match on it last night, seems like really good changes.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Mesadoram posted:

50b is amazing.

Mesadoram posted:

50b is amazing.

Mesadoram posted:

50b is amazing.

You will never willingly play your t57 again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Every time play the 50b I marvel at how much better armored it is than the E5 simply due to the stupidity of pubbies and not having the stupid tier ten American tank module layout.

Frontal racks with poor module health are super awful.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I don't play CW, so which one is best for making GBS threads on pubbies?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

My thoughts exactly, they are hilariously large. Their crew members should never die because there is such a small chance of a penetrating shell hitting them.

I really enjoyed our match on it last night, seems like really good changes.

I'm still trying to figure out which button turns the tanks into supa kawaii animu mechas so desu ne.

Was that the Redshire match where I was dunking fools in my arty? That was a fluke, that thing usually doesn't hit anything.

WayAbvPar posted:

As Hellsau wrote, the 50B.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
You know what makes the 50B even better? Firing 100% APCR. Seriously, it's completely loving retarded if you do.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Japanese's WoT motto is basically "Big is Beautiful" and i can't disagree.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

50b

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So last night I tagged a TD on my team after he intentionally shot me twice. The first time he took out my engine, and the second time my gun, not to mention 40% of my HP.

After I shot him he started screaming and calling me bad names in chat, and I was like, "calm down, you shot me on pumps twice. What did you expect?"

Then his platoon mate says, "yeah because you aren't up there with the is-7s."

So basically in the minds of these people, totally reasonable to tag a player twice and wreck his poo poo if he's in an FCM 50t and not on the front line in a tier X match, and I'm a dick for tagging them back--once.

So 6th sense. Maybe it should be changed to a skill and only give you % chance of noticing you've been detected.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZombieLenin posted:

So last night I tagged a TD on my team after he intentionally shot me twice. The first time he took out my engine, and the second time my gun, not to mention 40% of my HP.

After I shot him he started screaming and calling me bad names in chat, and I was like, "calm down, you shot me on pumps twice. What did you expect?"

So basically in the minds of these people, totally reasonable to tag a player twice and wreck his poo poo if he's in an FCM 50t and not on the front line in a tier X match, and I'm a dick for tagging them back--once.

poo poo players don't have logic or reason. I have plenty of mouth breathing retards on my blacklist for that exact reason, report them and carry on.

ZombieLenin posted:

So 6th sense. Maybe it should be changed to a skill and only give you % chance of noticing you've been detected.

6th sense is one of the most important skills in the game. Learn to use it. It is to let you know someone is near and act accordingly. If you run out into the open and see it go off, you already hosed up.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 3, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Fun: Domination

Not fun: consistent >2½ minute queues.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

Fun: Domination

Not fun: consistent >2½ minute queues.

It IS a surprisingly fun gamemode now that you get to pick your own special snowflake tanks instead of the terrible Domination vehicles. Haven't had the queue issue but then again I'm on EU.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ZombieLenin posted:

Welcome to WoT. There is no reasoning with the mouthbreating scum that play the game.

ZombieLenin posted:

Um, no. No more RNGs in this RNG heavy game. There is already a 3 second delay from when you get spotted to when 6th sense fires.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So this limited time China tank, I don't think it is worth $55 but I was going to get premium time and some gold for the Jap heavy grind, is that tank alright if you value it at like $25-$30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Soulfucker posted:

It IS a surprisingly fun gamemode now that you get to pick your own special snowflake tanks instead of the terrible Domination vehicles. Haven't had the queue issue but then again I'm on EU.

Can someone explain what the gently caress it is, and why I have to unlock tanks for it? How is it different from the shitfest they had a couple months ago?