Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Tyson Tomko posted:

She just rolled her eyes and mumbled something along the lines of "what a jerk"

It was one of those Pat looking old men who could have been a woman for all I know too.

Millennial wise, anyone here familiar with the 51 club or whatever is called? It's basically a deal where you pay $51 a month and they send you random clothes. Several hipsters I work with praise that poo poo.

Thank to her blog about the micro aggression, please.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
What do you call the generation of kids ages 0~12 ? Because I hate them and don't want them to be millennials. They're on ipads since infancy and exceedingly worldly and thus neurotic

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Toadvine posted:

What do you call the generation of kids ages 0~12 ? Because I hate them and don't want them to be millennials. They're on ipads since infancy and exceedingly worldly and thus neurotic

Kevins.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

.jpg?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Yesterday at school, spotted a young guy cruising down the hallway on a small handle free Segway with bright blue lights. He was texting at the same time. Then another dude rode off on an electric futuristic unicycle device. Am I so old that hover boards are real?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Edgar posted:

Yesterday at school, spotted a young guy cruising down the hallway on a small handle free Segway with bright blue lights. He was texting at the same time. Then another dude rode off on an electric futuristic unicycle device. Am I so old that hover boards are real?

http://www.futurefoot.com/

On Sale for $800 now too

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

This is terrible.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Just in case anyone was wondering how and why the world is getting fatter by the minute...

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I always read # as "pound" when it's used in a social media context. I blame the telephone. I'm technically a millenial and a few years from 30.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 3, 2015

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Yesterday I was walking down the street on my phone and some greenpeace dude was like 'Its dangerous to text while youre on the phone!!!!' and I was like lol you dumb gen x carebitch, I'm not texting I'm using Slack

that's my millenial story

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lookin to score a # of good #

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Tato posted:

Hahaha. You olds are another fifteen minutes closer to death and still in need of a cut, whilst I am already waltzing out of here with my $10 (used the coupon receipt) haircut and a strawberry Dum Dum in my mouth thanks to the wonders of online check in. OWNED

I wish you'd put a regular dum dum in your mouth. the bullet. shoot yourself in the mouth

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

millennial.mp4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3c67AYl0rM

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Not fat or whining about hashtags

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i just vomitted eight times

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Tyson Tomko posted:

When I go grocery shopping at IGA I get the $5 off coupon on the back of the receipt so there's another :hellyeah:

Oh how I remember the lovely coupons/deals they give out when I lived in Quebec (although IGA is all over america now isn't it?).

I live in Europe now and I work for Auchan, a major retail chain, they give out 10% of all in store brand purchases back + 10% employee discount on everything, every week I get about 15-30€ back on my shopping (around 100€ to 150€ max per week when I need extra stuff). That's excluding regular discounted products and additional discounts such as TVA rebates this week, another 20%.

People are seriously getting screwed by every imaginable corporation in America.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Khorne posted:

I always read # as "pound" when it's used in a social media context. I blame the telephone. I'm technically a millenial and a few years from 30.

poundi'mgay

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

momerath posted:

poundi'mgay

#meinthebutt

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

no millennial has ever shown the initiative required to jump across the roof of a train

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kids have been doing this since there have been things to stand on while they move. They just have the technology to record it for all us people without the balls (or stupid sense of invincibility) to do it now. This kid is cool. He's just like gently caress it the world is a video game and I'm gonna ride on the top of trains because I can and it's fun. Look at his face! Have you ever been that thrilled?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

im the worthless millenial presenting a two second gif on youtube, in a suit, for two minutes.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

its those loving boomer teachers fault!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

loving hate graphs that are a comparison and don't use the same scale when it's only a 10 pt difference.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
kill all bloggers, youtubers, everyone

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo, Bush's No Child Left Behind was working.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no child left behind: a success story

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

That was actually a pretty awesome video and I'm pretty jealous of jim. Who wouldn't want to run on top of a train like that?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

It's almost like the scores barely moved, and the truncated axes blow it out of proportion! Another great Bloomberg journalistic endeavour!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

What year is that where both sets of scores start dropping at the same time? Does the article explain?

Edit:

Not the same article, but god drat:

quote:

The high school class of 2014 turned in the lowest math scores on the SAT college-entrance exam since 2000, reinforcing concern that the U.S. is falling behind global rivals in science and math performance.

About a fifth of four-year colleges and universities in the U.S. have dropped the SAT or ACT as an admissions requirement, saying there are better ways to evaluate applicants.

At least 20 colleges joined the “test optional” wave in the past two years, including Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut; Temple University in Philadelphia; and nearby Bryn Mawr College.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-10-07/sat-scores-decline-for-2014-high-school-class-as-act-grabs-share

"Uhh, this test shows that we're getting dumber and lazier."
"Man gently caress tht test we dont need it to tell us weer smart. Lets just not take it anymore."

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 3, 2015

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

blarzgh posted:

What year is that where both sets of scores start dropping at the same time? Does the article explain?

It doesn't explain the entire trend. However here's the link that goes a bit more in depth: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-03/students-bombed-the-sat-this-year-in-four-charts

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Now I'm legitimately upset with Millennials.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Watching first years come into a state college, I'd say if anything the current generation is likely to be more prone to extremes. Some of these kids must've had a wonderful high school experience, as they come in ready to do real work and well aware of what is expected. Others show up functionally illiterate, yet somehow shocked to be failing.

Funny thing, though, is that I am almost certain that sending such a huge proportion of kids to college is going to bite the machine in the rear end. Nothing makes you realize that the system is hosed like four years of expensive, yet somehow compulsory education that is often just as slapdash and worthless as what you got for free.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Prorat posted:

Holy poo poo, Bush's No Child Left Behind was working.

But the kids who grew up under it wouldn't be taking the SAT until...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

what i'm getting from the second graph is that american kids today are better at math than in the seventies, eighties and nineties

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fasdar posted:

Watching first years come into a state college, I'd say if anything the current generation is likely to be more prone to extremes. Some of these kids must've had a wonderful high school experience, as they come in ready to do real work and well aware of what is expected. Others show up functionally illiterate, yet somehow shocked to be failing.

Funny thing, though, is that I am almost certain that sending such a huge proportion of kids to college is going to bite the machine in the rear end. Nothing makes you realize that the system is hosed like four years of expensive, yet somehow compulsory education that is often just as slapdash and worthless as what you got for free.

because high schools get a lot of funding from local taxes and federal/state grants so if you get your funding cut because the GOP hates education and you live in a lovely area odds are you are going to a lovely high school.

and most definitely about the second bit. idk why everyone pushes kids to college when it's obvious college isn't for everyone and not only that colleges today are rapidly becoming a way to get into tens of thousands of dollars in debt with nothing much to show for it.

btw I got a 2100 on the SAT what did you goons get

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

same

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Moridin920 posted:

because high schools get a lot of funding from local taxes and federal/state grants so if you get your funding cut because the GOP hates education and you live in a lovely area odds are you are going to a lovely high school.

and most definitely about the second bit. idk why everyone pushes kids to college when it's obvious college isn't for everyone and not only that colleges today are rapidly becoming a way to get into tens of thousands of dollars in debt with nothing much to show for it.

I took it before the scores were inflated by 50% so that the millennials would feel special.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bullshit you get like 600 just for showing up and signing your name

• Locked thread