Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Teri Hatcher's Lois Lane is a mid 90's icon and her exclusion from the team is insulting. Also Connor McCleod belongs on the 80's team.

There were plenty of Immortals you could pick out from the 1990s, actually. Duncan, obviously, and Methos. Methos would be a really good LOEG character, actually.

Heck, throw Joe in there while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

There were plenty of Immortals you could pick out from the 1990s, actually. Duncan, obviously, and Methos. Methos would be a really good LOEG character, actually.

Heck, throw Joe in there while you're at it.

Duncan is more fitting for the 90's by far.

Also disappointed at the lack of Johnny 5 in the 80's.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

In general the lineups are kinda disappointing. Most of them are just normal people.

(yes, i am aware that mina is a normal person and she is a great character but that shouldn't be the majority of the lineup)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

prefect posted:

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure came out in 1989. :colbert:

Yeah Bill and Ted's was so 80's it hurt. What the 90's team needs is Link from Encino Man.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Duncan is more fitting for the 90's by far.

Instead of the Nautilus, they'd have the seaQuest DSV.

John Rhys-Davies's character from Sliders would also be there. For their vampire member, they'd have Nick Knight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Instead of the Nautilus, they'd have the seaQuest DSV.

John Rhys-Davies's character from Sliders would also be there. For their vampire member, they'd have Nick Knight.

So now we know what happened to the Arturo left behind near the Azure Gate Bridge.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible
I initially saw the 90s League cover with the following:

quote:

Abuse of Playback, the technologically-derived drug made from distilled human memories, is sweeping the world – and Special Agent Fox Mulder learned too late that Playback was put forth on this planet by the Purity, seeking to condition humanity to their rule so as to better combat the Deadite incursion threatening the aliens’ homeworld. Now Mulder is missing, and it falls to his partner, Dana Scully, to re-activate secret protocol LXG-71, the “League of Extraordinary Gentlepersons” (protocol renamed 1993 for “sensitivity reasons”).

Scully swiftly collects Hong Kong Detective-Inspector “Tequila” Yuen, hyperviolent Wiccan practitioner Nancy Downs, the biological experiment/walking weapon known only as “Edward,” and a young high-functioning sociopath named Zack Morris who has the strange ability to stop the flow of time itself. Perhaps it is this last who attracts the attention of an enigmatic man who answers only to “Rufus,” and who asks Scully to “set history right” and see that two young musicians – that, so far as she can tell, never existed – be born anew, so that peace may flourish on Earth. But the Purity have never shown any signs of temporal travel capability… so who, then, altered history?

I have no idea if it is from the original artist or someone else entirely.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Having Frank Serpico's picture in there is just weird, since he's like a real person who did actual important things.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
oh god what have I done

Wheat Loaf posted:

For their vampire member, they'd have Nick Knight.

Did this show even air outside of Canada?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'll allow Zack Morris. There's A. the time freezing ability already discussed, and discounting that, B. recall that the original League led by Gulliver had Fanny Hill on it, and all she did in either her original story or Moore's version was go on vagina-based adventures. (as much as I love everything LoEG, Moore really shouldn't have written Lost Girls and Black Dossier so close together. The sex level starts getting silly and at times a little insulting to the original characters. The Blakeneys becoming bisexual swinging sex maniacs in particular.)

Also side note, the paintings in the back are supposed to be representative of past singular characters, and not necessarily ones in the League. Note the 80's image has all iconic 70s people in the backdrop.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

EdibleBodyParts posted:

I initially saw the 90s League cover with the following:

I have no idea if it is from the original artist or someone else entirely.

It was a concept write up by Christopher Bird, aka Mightygodking.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Shut up about your goddamn popculture team ups.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

prefect posted:

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure came out in 1989. :colbert:
That just makes his inclusion even worse.

Dillbag posted:

We got it down in New Zealand. It was one of my favourite shows next to Alien Nation

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Yeah, it aired on old rear end Scifi Channel.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

joehonkie posted:

This is the greatest thing.

It really is.

And a page later.

Groot 004

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Oh god. I must get on that.

LOADING BATTLE FLOPPY!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

theflyingorc posted:

At least one of these two teams should include Ash of Evil Dead fame.

The 90s one seems a lot less good than the 80s one. The 80s one is about 2 degrees from believable.

Also where the hell is David Bowie in either of them?
Hell you could probably make a League of Extraordinary Bowies?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr. Hurt posted:

I hope the 80's League has a serious case of buyer's remorse when they realize the Ol' Porkchop express Jack Burton isn't good for much besides catching knives and driving big rigs.

His Very Special Episode takes advantage of his big rig driving skills.

Overshadowed by the fact he's driving guest star, Optimus Prime.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Section Z posted:

His Very Special Episode takes advantage of his big rig driving skills.

Overshadowed by the fact he's driving guest star, Optimus Prime.

Are you coming on to me?

Because you're doing an excellent job.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ecavalli posted:

Are you coming on to me?

Because you're doing an excellent job.

Jack Burton is going to get you where your going, or his name isn't Jack Burton.

And where you're going, where you're going is your robot wedding with KITT.

Then Jack catches the bouquet and says it's all in the reflexes.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 3, 2015

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
LOEG 2003, featuring a copy of Hybrid Theory as its leader

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

David D. Davidson posted:

Who do you think M is by the time the 80's iteration rolls around?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Dr. Hurt posted:

I hope the 80's League has a serious case of buyer's remorse when they realize the Ol' Porkchop express Jack Burton isn't good for much besides catching knives and driving big rigs.

The old tour guide was the one they originally approached but he wasn't really feeling up to it so he gave the League the same story he gave the lawyer and was all "yeah, Jack Burton saved everybody now go bother him."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

Mulder's dad.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

More anime spider from Transmetropolitan # 31

POST FUNNY PANELS IN THE POST FUNNY PANELS THREAD

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Per League rules, the real life people, if applicable, are replaced with their fictional analogues - instead of Hitler there was Adenoid Hinkel from The Great Dictator, Oliver Haddo in place of Alistair Crowley, etc. So Brian Slade from Velvet Goldmine would fit for 70s-80s League.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Guided by the ghosts of Elvis Presley and Wyatt Earp, helicopter pilot RJ McReady, mysterious criminal Snake Plissken, everyman Jack Burton and rough-around-the-edges Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash join forces on the trail of the villainous Stuntman Mike and the stolen Pork Chop Express, its only cargo a mysterious frozen case marked with the words "TODD 3465."

I wish LOEG: Infinite Kurt Russells existed.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 3, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No Col. Jack O'Neil?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Guided by the ghosts of Elvis Presley and Wyatt Earp, helicopter pilot RJ McReady, mysterious criminal Snake Plissken, everyman Jack Burton and rough-around-the-edges Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash join forces on the trail of the villainous Stuntman Mike and the stolen Pork Chop Express, it's only cargo a mysterious frozen case marked with the words "TODD 3465."

gently caress you for posting this because now I need it.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Nikola Tesla, Jareth the Goblin King, and Ziggy Stardust. Sure why not.

You could also make a League of Guys Named John:

John McClane
John Rambo
John Matrix
John Connor
John Constantine
Johnny Five
John Cena

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Phylodox posted:

No Col. Jack O'Neil?

No Dexter Riley? He's got a computer brain *and* he's the strongest man in the world...

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Choco1980 posted:

Emma Peel, this has been established.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

It's Nancy Downs from The Craft.
My default position is that including Fairuza Balk is always a good idea, so I am definitely on board with this lineup.

---------------------------------

E is for Extinction 3

edit: I just now noticed Senor Woodchuck's avatar youtube link :monocle:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 3, 2015

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Guided by the ghosts of Elvis Presley and Wyatt Earp, helicopter pilot RJ McReady, mysterious criminal Snake Plissken, everyman Jack Burton and rough-around-the-edges Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash join forces on the trail of the villainous Stuntman Mike and the stolen Pork Chop Express, its only cargo a mysterious frozen case marked with the words "TODD 3465."

But who is following them in the black SUV with ASS2ASS license plates? Why are an unemployed steelworker and a garbageman working for a pimp? And is the soldier from McReady's cold past a friend or a foe?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Found this on tumblr and thought of this thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dario the Wop posted:

a great thing

This was amazing. Do you have a link to these as a single gallery?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Who What Now posted:

This was amazing. Do you have a link to these as a single gallery?
Sorry, just this one. I wish I could find others.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Found this on tumblr and thought of this thread.

I love how confused the lady next to him looks. It looks like someone took a picture while someone was in the middle of saying something

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

redbackground posted:

E is for Extinction 3

That is the happiest goo-skeleton I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dario the Wop posted:

Sorry, just this one. I wish I could find others.

Just the one is fine. I want to share this with some buddies without needing to copy and paste each link separately, since I only have my phone available.