Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Its worth a shot just for Ivory alone but not likely given his objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I've got an auction draft tomorrow night using the following scoring:

Trying to figure out the closest beersheet to this scoring system and what adjustments I should make, 10 teams $200 budget.. Any help would be appreciated.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
So I feel like going in not knowing poo poo about poo poo this year, I didn't do bad. I ALMOST got Ivory when I took Sankey but got sniped. At that point I just wanted #1 backs, and Sankey was there...I had no idea he sucked this preseason until after I drafted him though. I also ALMOST got Martellus Bennett but that got sniped from me as well. If I were able to land those two, I think I would have killed that draft but what do you think? 12 team, 1PPR league. I drafted 11/12.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shath Hole posted:

So I feel like going in not knowing poo poo about poo poo this year, I didn't do bad. I ALMOST got Ivory when I took Sankey but got sniped. At that point I just wanted #1 backs, and Sankey was there...I had no idea he sucked this preseason until after I drafted him though. I also ALMOST got Martellus Bennett but that got sniped from me as well. If I were able to land those two, I think I would have killed that draft but what do you think? 12 team, 1PPR league. I drafted 11/12.

Considering how homer you went with this draft, I'd say it went pretty well for you. Julio/Evans is a great WR combo and Murray/Gore isn't terrible either. Your depth at those two positions is also good and I'd be happy with Ryan there as a starter. Sankey? I wouldn't worry too much. He still has a good chance to get a lot of work this season. Remember Shonn Greene? Think along those terms imo. The problem, of course, is your TE situation. Still, you could do worse than that combo. I'd be willing to bet there's a better backup QB out there, though! Kaep is going to have a shittastic season in that offense.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Remember Shonn Greene?

Trigger Warning that poo poo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Considering how homer you went with this draft, I'd say it went pretty well for you. Julio/Evans is a great WR combo and Murray/Gore isn't terrible either. Your depth at those two positions is also good and I'd be happy with Ryan there as a starter. Sankey? I wouldn't worry too much. He still has a good chance to get a lot of work this season. Remember Shonn Greene? Think along those terms imo. The problem, of course, is your TE situation. Still, you could do worse than that combo. I'd be willing to bet there's a better backup QB out there, though! Kaep is going to have a shittastic season in that offense.

:lol: I swear I didn't go into it with homer goggles, it just kinda ended up that way. I know it looks bad :)

And yeah, you are correct...TE is my point of weakness. I am so mad, I wanted Bennett in the worst way and would have capped this team pretty nicely. Maybe I can swing a trade. Regarding Kaep, I'm going to need to drop him because by that point I was pretty lit and didn't realize him and Matty Ice have the same bye week :v:

Are any of these FA TE's worth picking up over Orange Julius? He was a flier I took, I figured he had a lot of upside. Fleener, Miller, Clay, Rivera, Reed, Wright. I'll probably drop Kaep for Carr.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Trent Richardson would look excellent with a star on his helmet. He's a #3 draft pick, Jerry!

This is a good post.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Miller is probably gonna do pretty well but I wouldn't trust any of the others unless you have some sort of optimism regarding the Skins offense. But keep what you have, Miller is the only real chance at an upgrade and not a good one at that.

e: Also, I'm surprised to see a Falcons fan pick up Freeman. I thought the consensus there was that Coleman was going to be the guy after the first month.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 3, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shath Hole posted:

:lol: I swear I didn't go into it with homer goggles, it just kinda ended up that way. I know it looks bad :)

And yeah, you are correct...TE is my point of weakness. I am so mad, I wanted Bennett in the worst way and would have capped this team pretty nicely. Maybe I can swing a trade. Regarding Kaep, I'm going to need to drop him because by that point I was pretty lit and didn't realize him and Matty Ice have the same bye week :v:

Are any of these FA TE's worth picking up over Orange Julius? He was a flier I took, I figured he had a lot of upside. Fleener, Miller, Clay, Rivera, Reed, Wright. I'll probably drop Kaep for Carr.

You would be a fool to drop walker or oj for any of those people

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Miller is probably gonna do pretty well but I wouldn't trust any of the others unless you have some sort of optimism regarding the Skins offense. But keep what you have, Miller is the only real chance at an upgrade and not a good one at that.

e: Also, I'm surprised to see a Falcons fan pick up Freeman. I thought the consensus there was that Coleman was going to be the guy after the first month.

Understood.

The Falcons backfield is going to be an odd one, and I think Freeman fits the scheme better. Also, TC is a rookie, so I don't know how much work he will see at least in the first few weeks. They were both out there for the taking, but in a PPR league, and from what I THINK will happen this year, Freeman seemed like the safer play. I could be wrong, but that's my line of thinking. Don't forget Antone Smith either, he has earned reps as well.

Metapod, was thinking the same. None of those really appeal to me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
tom brady's value just went up up up

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

RE: week 1 defenses - Bengals are good shout, seeing as they are playing Oakland and Derek Carr still looks pretty mediocre. Amari Cooper is obviously a threat, but Carr has throw 2 INTs and no TDs this preseason so I'm confident playing them against him.

Also, Tom Brady is a free man, so all the Pats WRs just got a major boost (Gronk too I guess, but he was already way up there).

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Yyyyyessssssssss

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Also, Tom Brady is a free man, so all the Pats WRs just got a major boost (Gronk too I guess, but he was already way up there).

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Now watch him get a season ending injury on their first drive.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Poonerman posted:

tom brady's value just went up up up

I just checked who lucked out in my main money league and it looks like some rear end in a top hat drafted Tom Brady two picks before I could as a backup to Russell Wilson.....

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Guess I didn't need to go Brady/Tannehill, Brady/Tannehill,, Brady/Rivers in three leagues

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Guess I didn't need to go Brady/Tannehill, Brady/Tannehill,, Brady/Rivers in three leagues

You've got great QBs during the pats bye week at least?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Incoming headline: "Federal Judge took Tom Brady in the 9th round in his $10,000 fantasy league last week, suspension nullified."

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Now watch him get a season ending injury on their first drive.

Edit: I had Brady during this season.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
10 Team league, with the 2nd pick, so turnaround time is going to be tough. Can I get Brady at the bottom of the 4th, or is that too soon/too late?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
God drat it why did they have to overturn this a week late.

So Brandon Lafell is an instant pickup on my waiver wire right?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I draft tonight. Why couldn't they have announced this tomorrow? Now I'll never get him late.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
term bardy

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Maybe there will be an overreaction from stupid people who are excited by the news and he goes too early.

That'd be cool, too.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Epi Lepi posted:

I've got Sammy Watkins, TJ Yeldon, Terrance Williams(also own Dez) and Devonta Freeman kicking around. Any of those worth dropping for Stevie?

I wanna believe but also this is starting to sound like Our Lord and Savior Charles Sims.

I should mention this is .5pt ppr.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

I just had a draft, and I need to drop 2 players before the season to pick up a kicker and defense. I went a little out of my box with this one trying to get players I like, but dont get because of other guys in their ADP range. Help me out goons, who should I drop before kick off?

I'm thinking Palmer, and one of Vereen, Crow, or Wright. I picked 7th in a 10 team, yahoo standard settings.

Odell Beckham Jr.
Rob Gronkowski
Jordan Matthews
Latavius Murray
Alfred Morris
Sammy Watkins
Allen Robinson
Joseph Randle
Giovani Bernard
Sam Bradford
Kendall Wright
Darren McFadden
Shane Vereen
Isaiah Crowell
Carson Palmer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Epi Lepi posted:

I should mention this is .5pt ppr.

You can probably safely drop Terrance Williams for him.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Maybe there will be an overreaction from stupid people who are excited by the news and he goes too early.

That'd be cool, too.

:agreed: I'm expecting a hard overcorrection in his ADP. Especially because every fantasy writer will be playing up the "tasty Week 1 matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Someone in my 10-team ppr league dropped Ryan Mathews to pick up Rueben Randle. Dropping my Sproles and picking up Mathews is a no brainer right? He didn't get hurt did he?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Bernie Kosar ‏@BernieKosarQB 10m10 minutes ago
Tom Brady ruling is overturned,Looks like an Appeal by NFL is coming,which means situation not going away yet!

WHAT?!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Prophecy120 posted:

Someone in my 10-team ppr league dropped Ryan Mathews to pick up Rueben Randle. Dropping my Sproles and picking up Mathews is a no brainer right? He didn't get hurt did he?

Do you have anyone else to drop? In PPR, I think you could easily start or flex both Sproles and Mathews on any given week.

Although 10 man league, so

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

Bernie Kosar ‏@BernieKosarQB 10m10 minutes ago
Tom Brady ruling is overturned,Looks like an Appeal by NFL is coming,which means situation not going away yet!

WHAT?!

Yeah dude. This could theoretically go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Do you really think Murray, Mathews and Sproles will get touches every week? Seems like a stretch to me.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
Don’t expect @NFL to seek an injunction to keep Tom Brady off the field as they appeal this ruling. Basically, he’s playing this season.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/639445385405165568

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

good, let him play, this whole thing has reached an epic level of retardation

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Reik posted:

I've got an auction draft tomorrow night using the following scoring:

Trying to figure out the closest beersheet to this scoring system and what adjustments I should make, 10 teams $200 budget.. Any help would be appreciated.

My bizarro scoring got buried in Tom Brady suspension news. Is there an easy way to see who will be returning punts and kicks for each team? I've never had to look this up before.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

10 Team league, with the 2nd pick, so turnaround time is going to be tough. Can I get Brady at the bottom of the 4th, or is that too soon/too late?

thrawn527 posted:

That'd be cool, too.

A pick in the top 40 for Brady or any QB after the top 3 is too early.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 3, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reik posted:

My bizarro scoring got buried in Tom Brady suspension news. Is there an easy way to see who will be returning punts and kicks for each team? I've never had to look this up before.

If you subscribe to footballguys they have a list:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=brimacombekrpr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

A pick in the too 40 for Brady or any QB after the top 3 is too early.

I took Roethlisberger pick 70, 6th round in a 12 team and was pretty happy with the value.

• Locked thread