Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Qwijib0 posted:

apparently the wildcat hand symbol is now like, official

"I'm squishing your head!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

E: Beaten like a coed in Tally.

:stonk:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So we play Bowling Green on Saturday. I just found out that it's Bowling Green, Ohio, not Bowling Green Kentucky

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

old fields were really cool

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

MindlessHavok posted:

So we play Bowling Green on Saturday. I just found out that it's Bowling Green, Ohio, not Bowling Green Kentucky

Welp apparently I've been wrong this whole time too.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MindlessHavok posted:

One must admit that geographically the game makes more sense in nashville if it's WKU out of Bowling Green Kentucky...

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I've known some people that went to BGU. They all got pretty upset when I thought it was Bowling Green, Kentucky.

I don't know, I'd rather be associated with Kentucky than Ohio

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Seaniqua posted:

10 hours until life starts again

In the meantime let's all enjoy some unintentionally hilarious Texas Football RnB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kofJzGcV9jE

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My FB feed is inundated with maize, blue, and Harbaugh mugshots. Must be football season again.

Also my wife and I got an all-access tour of Michigan Stadium a couple weeks back as a wedding present, which honestly got me kind of hype despite the distance I try to keep from Michigan football (and my complete lack of attention paid to any kind of football in the past six months)

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Spintzel posted:

I've known some people that went to BGU. They all got pretty upset when I thought it was Bowling Green, Kentucky.

BGSU. And this is the last time I think about or mention Bowling Green this entire season, outside of perhaps something wild in MACtion.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have not yet emotionally prepared for the damage Iowa football is going to do to me can we please push the season back like five more years, thanks

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 3, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

I have not yet emotionally prepare the damage Iowa football is going to do to me can we please push the season back like five more years, thanks

No you ninny.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

I have not yet emotionally prepare the damage Iowa football is going to do to me can we please push the season back like five more years, thanks

Imagine this over and over for eternity.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

I could live for 300 years and never figure out what he was trying to do here.

Oh Jonathan Parker you are so fast but you are so very very stupid and fumble prone.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

Someone at my mediocre state school had a UGA / Hawkeye house divided licence plate frame. I was really, really confused.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Someone at my mediocre state school had a UGA / Hawkeye house divided licence plate frame. I was really, really confused.

I feel like you could safely root for both of those schools with very little conflict. They don't even play at the same time of day most of the time, much less against each other!

If nothing else you would hope the Iowa side of this would give the UGA fan some perspective on what a disappointing and frustrating season truly looks like. Imagine replacing your yearly inexplicable loss to South Carolina or whatever with a loss to Northwestern or Iowa State.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 3, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

If nothing else you would hope the Iowa side of this would give the UGA fan some perspective on what a disappointing and frustrating season truly looks like.

Yeah at least UGA fans know the hopelessness and despondency of a 10 win season.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

If nothing else you would hope the Iowa side of this would give the UGA fan some perspective on what a disappointing and frustrating season truly looks like.

Imagine replacing your yearly inexplicable loss to South Carolina or whatever with a loss to Northwestern or Iowa State.

otoh, UGA has actual talent

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

otoh, UGA has actual talent

That they ride to a 10 win season like every goddamn year. Oh boo hoo we're not better than Alabama that makes exactly like literally every other program in the stupid country.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Thoguh posted:

I didn't watch much of this game, but wow.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Cool little story on Clemson and Wofford's history playing each other:

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=210312042

quote:

On October 22, 1900, the powerful Tigers, led by Head Coach John Heisman defeated Wofford 21-0 in Clemson’s first undefeated season. Actually, Clemson scored many more points, but a pregame agreement between the two schools stated that every point Clemson scored after the first four touchdowns would not count. No one could keep an accurate count after Clemson scored its first 21 points (in 1900, touchdowns counted five points) when just six minutes had elapsed. All touchdowns Clemson made were called back and the ball given to Wofford deep in Clemson territory on such penalties as running over a Wofford tackler.
drat why can't we have games with gentlemen's agreements like this?

Clemson's 1900 team coached by John Heisman (2nd row, far right).

Clemson v Wofford basketball. Can we move all collegiate basketball games outside on a grass field again?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

That they ride to a 10 win season like every goddamn year. Oh boo hoo we're not better than Alabama that makes exactly like literally every other program in the stupid country.

Hey man, nobody understands the pain of sometimes losing 2 games a season like a Georgia fan!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

tbh I think it's the collective frustration of not taking advantage of the period in Bama wherein they lost to UL-Monroe and they had like a NFL roster of talent that is the sticking point.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

which was the VT fan saying that ESPN talking heads never give them any respect because all of them just picked VT to beat Ohio State

e: wait this is fox sports south goddamnit gently caress these tv channels

Alaois fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 3, 2015

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hahaha what (Rutgers)

quote:

Sam Hellman
‏@SamHellmanScout

Not only is there a police presence at the Hale Center (the football practice facility) entrance but AD Julie Hermann is at practice. Interesting. Stay tuned.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Go The Buckeyes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

Beforehand posted:

BGSU. And this is the last time I think about or mention Bowling Green this entire season, outside of perhaps something wild in MACtion.

Spintzel posted:

Jerks! The lot of you! :arghfist::mad:

Yeah BGSU is in Bowling Green, Ohio, about 20 minutes south of Toledo. Bowling Green, KY is the hometown for Western Kentucky. In talking to some of their fans last year, apparently they always heard it the other way around. Go figure.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

tbh I think it's the collective frustration of not taking advantage of the period in Bama wherein they lost to UL-Monroe and they had like a NFL roster of talent that is the sticking point.

Well, they did beat that specific Bama team in the What Is Britney Doing With Her Life Game. And went to the Sugar Bowl while the Tide played in Shreveport.

Then Bama got loving awesome, which was just a thing that was going to happen.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

Jerks! The lot of you! :arghfist::mad:

Yeah BGSU is in Bowling Green, Ohio, about 20 minutes south of Toledo. Bowling Green, KY is the hometown for Western Kentucky. In talking to some of their fans last year, apparently they always heard it the other way around. Go figure.

I knew which team we were playing and I have been to both Bowling Greens!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If a MAC school does not have another state in its name then you should just assume it's in Ohio. This system isn't perfect but it's close enough. Buffalo might as well be located in Ohio. Cold, rapidly dying urban center, next to a great lake, home to a disappointing professional football team, it's all basically the same.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 3, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Real Name Grover posted:

Hahaha what (Rutgers)

Flood getting shitcanned

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Scarf posted:

Cool little story on Clemson and Wofford's history playing each other:

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=210312042

drat why can't we have games with gentlemen's agreements like this?

Clemson's 1900 team coached by John Heisman (2nd row, far right).

Clemson v Wofford basketball. Can we move all collegiate basketball games outside on a grass field again?

This is cool.

On the other hand, gently caress Wofford. I can't stand playing them and I'm sure y'all feel the same way. I won't look up the details to preserve my sanity, but I remember us struggling mightily with them my junior year. We won, but the score was like 10-7 at the half and it was a completely miserable experience.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I knew which team we were playing and I have been to both Bowling Greens!

Hurray! You're not a jerk! :arghfist::shobon:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Can't wait to watch the Jackets savagely beat some FCS team that I didn't even know was from Mississippi until I looked it up

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

footbaw

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

old fields were really cool

I agree. Ya'll had a cool one and I'm sad that they weren't able to find some way to keep and expand it. The new stadium isn't bad, but not all that unique.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

This is cool.

On the other hand, gently caress Wofford. I can't stand playing them and I'm sure y'all feel the same way. I won't look up the details to preserve my sanity, but I remember us struggling mightily with them my junior year. We won, but the score was like 10-7 at the half and it was a completely miserable experience.

Yyyyup, last time we played them was in 2011, and we only won 35-27. Wofford is a loving pain in the rear end.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Real Name Grover posted:

Hahaha what (Rutgers)

The enemies of Rutgers athletics strike again.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Old Mountaineer Field was indeed pretty sweet.

Reminds me a little of Folsom Field, without the Rockies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Holy hell Chad Morris' first game at SMU is against Baylor?

Poor guy.

• Locked thread