Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Scarf posted:

Holy hell Chad Morris' first game at SMU is against Baylor?

Poor guy.

I wants SMU to win and then Morris looks at the camera and says "he was aware of the assault, he just didn't take it seriously."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

old fields were really cool

Jesus that is bad-rear end. They really should've found a way to keep it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I have absolutely no idea how the A&M - ASU game is going to go, so my plan for this weekend is to get drunk and root for chaos (death to ranked team)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Democratic Pirate posted:

my plan for this fall is to get drunk and root for chaos (death to ranked team)

fixed for me

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Old fields are awesome. Florida Field was pretty bland though.

c.1930:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Jerks! The lot of you! :arghfist::mad:

Yeah BGSU is in Bowling Green, Ohio, about 20 minutes south of Toledo. Bowling Green, KY is the hometown for Western Kentucky. In talking to some of their fans last year, apparently they always heard it the other way around. Go figure.

I'm sorry the most interesting thing about your team is that it's not in Kentucky.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

I'm sorry the most interesting thing about your team is that it's not in Kentucky.

Oh yeah?! Well... I uh.... dammit :arghfist::(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

D.N. Nation posted:

Well, they did beat that specific Bama team in the What Is Britney Doing With Her Life Game. And went to the Sugar Bowl while the Tide played in Shreveport.

Then Bama got loving awesome, which was just a thing that was going to happen.

I am well aware that they went to the Sugar Bowl that year, as, you know, I am a supporter of the team that clowned them.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Cthulhumatic posted:

Jesus that is bad-rear end. They really should've found a way to keep it.

Yeah, it would have been cool, but it was going to cost more to upgrade its facilities, no real room to grow, and parking was somehow even worse.

Here's some more pictures:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Less than 5 hours from football. Somewhere in North Carolina there are people tailgating as you read this.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Alaois posted:

which was the VT fan saying that ESPN talking heads never give them any respect because all of them just picked VT to beat Ohio State

e: wait this is fox sports south goddamnit gently caress these tv channels

Yeah sorry those guys don't count.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I'm nervous and excited for tonight. I can't remember what it's been like without Shaw or Thompson as QB. Oh well, Go Cocks!

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Abyss posted:

I'm nervous and excited for tonight. I can't remember what it's been like without Shaw or Thompson as QB. Oh well, Go Cocks!

I really, really want a decent-to-good performance tonight. That beating to start the season last year was just a gut punch that drat near killed my desire to watch them the rest of the season.

But the team this year is a drat mystery to me so it'll be a surprise either way I guess.

Go Cocks!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah, it would have been cool, but it was going to cost more to upgrade its facilities, no real room to grow, and parking was somehow even worse.

Here's some more pictures:

I love that it was a half-berm stadium Parts of it built into a hillside, parts built up. But yeah, there was really no where to go from there.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
This one gave me a semi

https://vimeo.com/138120704

New UGA hype

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Less than 5 hours from football. Somewhere in North Carolina there are people tailgating as you read this.

'Bout to pack up the car and head out myself in an hour.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

I love that it was a half-berm stadium Parts of it built into a hillside, parts built up. But yeah, there was really no where to go from there.

Yeah here's what it looks like now:

They've got a neat memorial to the old stadium between the two buildings.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

This one gave me a semi

https://vimeo.com/138120704

New UGA hype

I've been down with the choice of music that UGA'S production team has been picking lately

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

DJExile posted:

Yeah BGSU is in Bowling Green, Ohio, about 20 minutes south of Toledo. Bowling Green, KY is the hometown for Western Kentucky. In talking to some of their fans last year, apparently they always heard it the other way around. Go figure.

Kentucky fan doesn't know thing. Go figure.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Thoguh posted:

Somewhere in North Carolina there are people tailgating as you read this.

This warms my heart

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey and Anthony A. Caputo, director of the New Brunswick Police Department, announced that four Rutgers University students and two former students were charged today with assaulting a group of individuals, including one student whose jaw was broken during the unprovoked attack.

Five were current Rutgers football players.

In a separate case, one of those former students and four others were charged with participating in home invasions in which victims, who also were members of the student body, were targeted for their drugs and cash. Nine of the 10 defendants were arrested today. One remains at large. The arrests stem from an active and continuing investigation by the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office and the New Brunswick Police Department.

Views: Enemies of Rutgers athletics are at it again.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Well that certainly explains police presence and the university President being at practice today

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Scarf posted:

Poor guy.

Be real hilarious if SMU somehow won.

edit:
I'm predicting Tanner Lee comes out looking awesome for Tulane and after a drive or two turns back into a turnover machine.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Anyone else working on a GDT? I'll put one together if not.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

It's still technically the offseason, right? Because I think Rutgers just won the Fulmer Cup

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I can't believe Kyle Flood ordered a series of home invasions and assaults

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

New Jersey gonna New Jersey.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

OpaqueEcho posted:

Thread title needs to still be "Swagger more like fagger" from those Miami posts earlier.

And then just make the OP a bunch of the pictures.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

OpaqueEcho posted:

I was going to ask if anyone was geeked up about doing a GDT. Usually is someone who has been dreaming about it for a while.

e: Heaf's done the GDT's for a while now, but haven't noticed him around lately?

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 3, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This is simply the White Cloaks drawing the symbol of the Dragon on the door of Rutgers and proclaiming them as Darkfriends. Also Rutgers might have done a super last minute Fulmer Cup sweep God drat.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmaooooooooo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

KKKLIP ART posted:

This is simply the White Cloaks drawing the symbol of the Dragon on the door of Rutgers and proclaiming them as Darkfriends. Also Rutgers might have done a super last minute Fulmer Cup sweep God drat.
:lol:, this is why I like this place

Also, since there was a game last week, is it still technically the off-season?

EDIT: Still want "The Legend of Cutty Sark" for the thread title

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Scarf posted:

Poor guy.

lol could you imagine saying this like 5 years ago

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

The Glumslinger posted:

EDIT: Still want "The Legend of Cutty Sark" for the thread title

Yesssssss

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I love the "Swagger? We got fagger." ideas but a GDT title but is there some way we can include Wheez in the title?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

I can't believe Kyle Flood ordered a series of home invasions and assaults

Sounds like they were somewhat well executed so I doubt Flood was involved

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
poo poo, I missed this on the first read

quote:

Barnwell is the player in the center of the investigation of Kyle Flood, with the university looking into whether the Rutgers football coach broke school policy by contacting a professor regarding Barnwell's grades. The junior cornerback was declared academically ineligible in the spring, according to two school officials.

Christ

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Seaniqua posted:

I love the "Swagger? We got fagger." ideas but a GDT title but is there some way we can include Wheez in the title?

NCAA Week 1: This year we are all Cougs

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rutgers should fly the whole team to LAX specifically to abandon Flood on the tarmac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Guys!!!!

There's football, actual football, on tonight! Tonight!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread