Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Planarch posted:

Jeb's Spanish is going to kill him like Huntsman's Mandarin.

GOP primary voters want you to speak American.

GOP primary voters hate it when you speak anything other than American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuzu6iS036Q

:france: :france: :france: :france: :france: :france: :france: :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Did you really say you're a democrat?

Smoothrich posted:

The Democratic party is a mess and Hillary is gonna run it into the ground if Obama's VP does not pick up the torch that is about to go out for good. A still youthful and proud Obama bromancing it on the campaign trail for Biden 2016 as they celebrate their 8 years of accomplishments together and what another 8 years could bring, with Obama's Chicago based urban policy think tank or w/e he is doing working in the private sector to think of solutions that an elder statesman like Biden who commands bipartisan support in Congress and appeals to voters of all races and tax brackets, and is considered a strong leader who puts America and our allies first on the world stage could realistically accomplish. Biden would probably staff his administration with much more progressive thinkers all around than Obama did too to get smarter and more effective policy, but still give lipservice to Republicans in order to get that policy passed which Obama has not done enough. Obama would probably be the first to admit that he used Biden in every crisis with Congress to get poo poo done, crises that Biden would probably never find himself in to begin with.

Obama's Institute could do a lot of good if he kept his public profile up and had people who respected him running the country and taking his advice, Obama is a great guy but wasn't the greatest President. Once he's out of office he will probably be more influential than when he was loving POTUS with soaring likability ratings and maybe getting poo poo done how he wants outside of the whole "US Constitution" and "other people" that got in his way at every turn. I imagine it'd be like the Clinton Initiative, but without all that international embezzlement and blatantly illegal coverups by a sitting Secretary of State deleting all the evidence and laughing in the face of federal judges who call her cronies out on it while Wal-Mart and Wall Street use that weak yet always willing cuckservative First Lady and Director of Walmart Hillary Clinton as their loyal gutless proxy to control the executive branch of government for 4 terrible years before a Republican much worse on every position than Donald Trump (every Republican) takes over.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
This is a good video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-znAdp4NasY

“These young beautiful kids all speak English but also speak Spanish and one of them asked me a question in Spanish and I answered it. That’s the reality of America, that’s the goodness of America. That’s the kind of America we want,”

Translation into Freeper: JEB SAYS: "KIDS SPEAKING SPANISH IS THE REALITY OF AMERICA"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

A handy four-step guide to why the emails are A Thing

1. Whitewater went nowhere
2. Vince foster went nowhere
3. Benghazi went nowhere
4. Clinton foundation went nowhere

Having your own email might be shady, but it was common as gently caress. The only hope they have is if something concrete is found. If not, then it's another retarded witch hunt. Dumb people will hang onto "but something could have happened! We just don't know!" Which is, you know, poo poo conspiracy grade.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 3, 2015

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Doctor Butts posted:

1. Whitewater went nowhere
2. Vince foster went nowhere
3. Benghazi went nowhere
4. Clinton foundation went nowhere

Didn't whitewater lead to Lewinsky after 5 years?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

This is a good video:

“These young beautiful kids all speak English but also speak Spanish and one of them asked me a question in Spanish and I answered it. That’s the reality of America, that’s the goodness of America. That’s the kind of America we want,”

Translation into Freeper: JEB SAYS: "KIDS SPEAKING SPANISH IS THE REALITY OF AMERICA"

Muzzy 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Muzzy 2016

Freepers want him to go back to Mexico.

Yep.

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
The only correct question for Jeb! on Colbert is as follows:

"Mr. Bush, the recklessness of your brother's administration started a war based off laughably faulty intelligence that completely destabilized the entire Middle East, destroyed America's global reputation, and ether directly or indirectly caused the deaths of hundred of thousands of not millions of people. My question is: Can you please not run for President?"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What else of his is black

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

This is a good video:

"These young beautiful kids"

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

"We need to stop yelling at each other, you neocon koolaid drinking centimeter-dicks"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

New Monmouth National poll:
http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32...f650f4bcc3a.pdf

Trump 30 +4
Carson 18 +13
Bush 8 -4
Cruz 8 +2
Rubio 5 +1
Fiorina 4 +2
Huckabee 4 -2
Walker 3 -8
Christie 2 -2
Kasich 2 -1
Paul 2 -2
Perry 1 -1

Everyone else is under 1%

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32...f650f4bcc3a.pdf

Interesting notes:

- Only 9% undecided, holy poo poo
- I didn't think Trump would break 30%, but here we are
- Kasich and Bush both lost support, which I thought at least Kasich could hold steady. The moderate, establishment vote is now (with Rubio) at a hefty 15%. lol
- Walker is in freefall, I thought he had a good 5% floor but nope
- A solid two-thirds don't want a candidate with prior government experience

chaos reigns

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 22, 2016

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Montasque posted:

Carson 18 +13
Bush 8 -4

This fuckin election

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Walker down 8 points :getin:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

very magnanimous for trump to accept the GOP's offer of loyalty

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Look at Trump and Bush's numbers... Holy poo poo.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

lol at Jebmentum's Joementum's prediction that Rand has more of a chance than Trump

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Pavlov posted:

The prospect of seeing the other candidates forced to publicly kiss Trump's rear end actually makes me want this to happen now.

A fair point. Earlier, I was thinking that Trump signing a loyalty pledge was a mistake akin to a hostage taker promising he would never hurt the hostage. Giving up leverage for nothing.

But regardless of his actual odds of getting the nomination, maybe Trump right now is certain he will be the nominee. Or at least, he figures he can look tough ignoring it and running independent, daring the RNC to stop him.

EDIT: Jesus H Christ, 2/3 of Republicans want someone without government experience?!

Could someone please check on Reince? Is he ok?

William Bear fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 3, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

zeal posted:

very magnanimous for trump to accept the GOP's offer of loyalty

That's exactly how he's playing it.... He'll most likely ask everyone at the CNN debate to raise their hands if they'd support him as the GOP nominee. That will be great optics.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Montasque posted:

Yeah, there is a reason he is panicking and fed that "no, really, we are going to win" piece to Costa & the WaPo

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Montasque posted:

Walker 3 -8

woof

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 22, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

Carson has the momentum here

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Carson has the momentum here

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

e: I was reading this wrong! Point is, lollin' at Bush's trajectory

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
old people hate bernie sanders

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Forums Terrorist posted:

lol at Jebmentum's Joementum's prediction that Rand has more of a chance than Trump

People who think Trump has an actual shot at being the nominee are going to be insufferable even after he inevitably flames out, because they'll just start claiming that he would have been it if not for a few small missteps, and so they weren't really that wrong about his chances after all.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

I'm still amazed at how quickly Trump managed to flip his favorability ratings, from -35 in June to +30 today.

I can't think of another politician in recent history who's managed that kind of feat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ben Carson: even more outsider than Donald Trump, but just has less name recognition

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

1) It's "another retarded witch hunt" that ONLY exists because of her poor decisions
2) This leads people to ask WTF was she thinking?
3) This leads people to think maybe she's really really bad at this politics stuff
4) This leads to her support dropping (not supposition; in real, observable metrics)

Alien moon landing grassy knoll conspiracy or not, it's having an actual negative effect on her campaign which makes it A Thing.

Like everyone and their mom had a separate email account in Washington. Some even used dumb poo poo like hotmail.

If you accuse her of bad judgement, everyone else in Washington is under the same indictment.

So, it turns out, maybe everyone else is really bad at this politics stuff, too.

But Clinton is worse because...................................

It's 'having an effect' but that effect isn't going to last because its obvious the scandal is going nowhere and its just the fall of 2015. By next year (unless something concrete is found) its going to be a thing conservative nutjobs rant about even though everyone else stopped giving a gently caress a long time ago.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/09/2016-general-election-match-ups-close.html

quote:

Carson earns a tie with Clinton at 44%, and he actually leads Bernie Sanders 42/36 in a head to head. Carson is the only declared candidate with a positive favorability rating- 41% of voters nationally see him positively to only 30% who have a negative opinion. He earns a tie with Clinton on the basis of a 43/35 advantage with independents.

GOP establishment's only hope is an evil black guy who they can use to dupe the population into thinking he's Obama II.

It will happen.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

Like everyone and their mom had a separate email account in Washington. Some even used dumb poo poo like hotmail.

If you accuse her of bad judgement, everyone else in Washington is under the same indictment.

So, it turns out, maybe everyone else is really bad at this politics stuff, too.

But Clinton is worse because...................................

Clinton is worse because Republicans keep bringing her emails up and she hasn't figured out a quick and effective way of responding to their allegations yet. I don't think she did anything wrong but she sure as hell could be doing a better job explaining that.

quote:

It's 'having an effect' but that effect isn't going to last because its obvious the scandal is going nowhere and its just the fall of 2015. By next year (unless something concrete is found) its going to be a thing conservative nutjobs rant about even though everyone else stopped giving a gently caress a long time ago.
you danged ninja. I think this is the case, too, long-term.

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 3, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Carson 18 +13
Bush 8 -4
Huckabee 4 -2
Walker 3 -8

I've been seeing Carson steadily dropping Walker in Iowa, but to do this nationally to Walker and Bush is just fantastic.

I can see the good doctor getting hit pretty hard in the up coming weeks for his stances on immigration and gun control, and his use of fetal tissue...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EugeneJ posted:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/09/2016-general-election-match-ups-close.html

GOP establishment's only hope is an evil black guy who they can use to dupe the population into thinking he's Obama II.

It will happen.

the thing is if you look at his numbers he gets very few minority votes, mind you, they're higher than say, huckabee or something, but they're still really abysmal. also hes only that high because the dude hasn't been picked on.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

trump is going to win new hampshire:

quote:

@realDonaldTrump
Congratulations to Tom Brady on yet another great victory- Tom is my friend and a total winner!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Xenophon posted:

Clinton is worse because Republicans keep bringing her emails up and she hasn't figured out a quick and effective way of responding to their allegations yet. I don't think she did anything wrong but she sure as hell could be doing a better job explaining that.

It's true, she's done a poo poo job of explaining things. However, the more Republicans keep bringing it up, the sooner people will stop giving a gently caress about it unless there's a real bombshell.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xenophon posted:

yeah the issue is entirely in her messaging and not the issue. its like if she just was like "zuhhh? I dunno what benghazi even is LOL" she'd have been taking a way worse hit to her favorability (which would have recovered probably).

i dont think the email vulnerabilities will stick. its a non issue in the long run imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

EugeneJ posted:

It will happen.

Leftists get pretty gross when it comes to black GOP candidates. Did it ever occur to you that maybe most Republican voters aren't racists and their support for Carson isn't some sort of cynical raceplay? I don't like the guy's politics, and I hope he doesn't become President, but this "Cain/Carson is just there to drown out the dogwhistling" stuff gets old. It takes away their agency as legitimate candidates.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread