Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Sold ... Christmas Kirin

I will hunt you down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

~96,000 MP. No dragon for me. Might be a few more things to kick if I get a bit more rough about it. I want all the Bad Dragons so keeping those even through its stupid. Five different evolutions is just rude.

Was going to get mad about the mini 3ks only being 1 point each and then I remembered they were PAL machine. Fair dos I suppose.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Sold a bunch of dupes including 2 Grodins and a Christmas Kirin and only 110k MP :(

I hate you. How dare you sell Santa Waifu.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
You don't need two :smug:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Skyridge posted:

So how exactly do latent awakenings work? How much do each of them increase their respective stat by? Is MP the only way to get them?

Never got a response so reposting.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
All of the information you need is on the pdx update.

But no, eventually they may be given to us as gifts in the mail, and there was a dungeon in JP that dropped them (idk if it was repeatable)

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Skyridge posted:

They end up being invades of the 5x4 versions of descends

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Skyridge posted:

Here's a rundown of the latent awakenings:

Increased HP: Increases that monster's HP by 1.5%
Increased ATK: Increases that monster's ATK by 1%
Increased RCV: Increases that monster's RCV by 4%
Autoheal: Auto-heals for 3% of that monster's RCV
Move Time: Adds 0.05 secs to your move time
Resist: Resists 1% of the respective color

You can have a maximum of 5 latent awakenings per mon.

And no, MP is not the only way to get them; they will be showing up as invades in Descended dungeons eventually.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
I have 250k... but I can hit 300k if I get rid of a dark metatron that I never use. Would a Shiva Dragon, Ares, Rodin, R. Valk, Yamato be that much better than the Shiva team I'm using now? (Shiva, Urd, Cao, Kagu, Urd/R. Valk)

I fear the time and MP investment to get Shiva Dragon up to snuff might not be worth the incremental increase in efficacy.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

So what are the going strategies for latent awakenings? A quarter second extra for combo leaders is better than nothing, but what about one of each resist, to turn all 100% attacks into 99% attacks? Would a set of +atk be useful for Liu Bei?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Qylvaran posted:

So what are the going strategies for latent awakenings? A quarter second extra for combo leaders is better than nothing, but what about one of each resist, to turn all 100% attacks into 99% attacks? Would a set of +atk be useful for Liu Bei?

Honestly, the latent awakening increases are so marginal that it doesn't really matter all that much which ones you use. (Sure, the 1% resist all thing is an interesting idea, but how many monsters actually have 100% HP gravity attacks?)

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Honestly, the latent awakening increases are so marginal that it doesn't really matter all that much which ones you use. (Sure, the 1% resist all thing is an interesting idea, but how many monsters actually have 100% HP gravity attacks?)

I will probably wind up putting 1 of each on a sub I can fit in a lot of places and call it a day. A.Isis or SS Isis are tempting places for that, especially since she's bind proof.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sockser posted:

Yeah I can't seem to build up enough damage to clear the second wave before I get bindfucked. Also I have a gambling problem and am easily excited by an achievable goal of "15 turn Ronia!"

I also still have 48,000 so it's fine.

And a Gronia I could dump if I didn't like having all three (plus new good Gronia)

Hey guess what the cooldown is getting decreased to 13 turns in an upcoming update!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

dragon enthusiast posted:

Hey guess what the cooldown is getting decreased to 13 turns in an upcoming update!

Well piss.

MMania
May 7, 2008

Qylvaran posted:

+20% RCV on not-yet-available super Amaterasu sounds fun. Why limit yourself to only healing 17,000/round?

But yeah it just seems like another thing for super-whales to chase after. It's probably not a coincidence we got them at the same time as shiva dragon.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Working on a A Lakshmi team, needs some serious leveling work but think this is manageable? Couldn't decide between Blueberry Dragon or Muse so I went with damage.

Pad herder if you can spare some tips or recommendations. Not 100% sure of what I have.
https://www.padherder.com/user/Kortel-SA/monsters/

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Qylvaran posted:

-Move time is pretty decent after all, add it to your combo/rainbow teams. This one brings the PAL points home.
-Extra HP can be useful if you put them in a beefy monster and it helps you reach a damage threshold.
-A single resist awakening lets you survive 100% gravities. Also a way to hit 100% resist with four monsters to do stupid gimmick poo poo.

The others are meh at best. Auto-heal in particular is a cruel joke.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
loading up Satan with 5 +rcv awakenings is pretty good imo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The thing about 100% gravities is that gungho can easily make future dungeons with like 103% gravities if they feel like resist latents are stopping those attacks from having the intended effect

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Kortel posted:

Working on a A Lakshmi team, needs some serious leveling work but think this is manageable? Couldn't decide between Blueberry Dragon or Muse so I went with damage.

Pad herder if you can spare some tips or recommendations. Not 100% sure of what I have.
https://www.padherder.com/user/Kortel-SA/monsters/

You have a Karin and a Hatsume and you're using Siren and Muse?

I'd run Gabriel/Hatsume/Karin/???(Sun Quan or Muse depending on what you need) so you have a full board change, and Karin serves two purposes: Using her board change in conjunction with Gabriel to turn her dark into hearts, or using it with Hatsume and then popping both Lakshmi's to make a primarily blue board with enough hearts to active her spike damage.

The Jumpoff fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 3, 2015

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

The Jumpoff posted:

then popping both Lakshmi's to make a primarily blue board with enough hearts to active her spike damage.

Even though he eats hearts, you can also do this with your Hermes as well, or follow up with Gabriel if there are enough dark orbs. It's what I do to burst against bosses.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What kind of teams does Attacker Hermes fit on? Making the Super Sapphires his skill-up fodder means he'll be usable waaaaay faster than I thought.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

What kind of teams does Attacker Hermes fit on? Making the Super Sapphires his skill-up fodder means he'll be usable waaaaay faster than I thought.

Forget about him being an attacker (unless you have beach urd) an he works well with any blue team, even the mythical mono-blue awoken Isis. His awakenings are just so much better than the other forms.

Comedy option: Neptune dragon sub.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Andro, Neptune Dragon (lol), Lakshmi, Shinji&Kaworu, and Awoken Isis are the ones that come to mind immediately

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

trucutru posted:

Forget about him being an attacker (unless you have beach urd) an he works well with any blue team, even the mythical mono-blue awoken Isis. His awakenings are just so much better than the other forms.
I'll bite: what does a mono-blue Awoken Isis team look like, and why is it mythical?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Well I cleared out the extra dupes from my box for 500k MP and got a Shiva Dragon. Now to get the stupid materials to evolve him...

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Rangpur posted:

I'll bite: what does a mono-blue Awoken Isis team look like, and why is it mythical?

It's an easily actiavteable 9x team with a potential 20.25x spike, and since it's only 3-colors you can actually use orb changers.

I have no idea what a good mono-blue team would look like though.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Don't forget Awoken Neptune! The added attacker type means Hermes can benefit from the buff on Neptune's active.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Only way I'd even come close to getting a Shiva Dragon would be if I got rid of non-dupes that I might just never use, like Amon or bad/berry dragons or L.Meta (or PAD Academy Lucifer). Even then I suspect I'd be woefully short and I'm not sure I even have enough red gods to make it a viable thing since units like A.Kagu aren't gods.

two_step posted:

Not anymore...

I got ifrit to drop when I cleared Hera-Ur mythical yesterday so unless today's patch removed them as drops...

No Pants posted:

To evolve it, you need the three ultimate evolutions, so get cracking, Yomihavers.

Already have a Samurai Lord Zaerog that I made for Goemon and never used because Disco Hera's better and max skilled and she's now replaced by A.Shiva when I run that team. :shepicide:

If I ever run a Yomi team it'll probably be A.Yomi/Z8/DB Bats/Ronia/Persephone or something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

Because you only hear from it in legends but don't actually see it in the wild. In any case you have to go mono-blue and choose if you want to go rows or prongs.

Light subs: Trunks, Gohan, B.Valk, SQ, Amon
Dark subs: Karin, Shinji, maybe Blodin or Amon, Wadatsumi if poor
Red subs: Gotenks, Orochi, Phoenix Rider, Sig for the poor.

And, of course: BAGGI.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 3, 2015

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Interesting. That's... actually doable. Of course I'd have to evolve Orochi again. Hmmm. HMMMMMMMMM

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Rangpur posted:

Mono-Blue awoken Isis is a *really* hard team to setup. You have BValk(light), Blodin(Dark), and Beast Rider(or Siegfried), with space for 2 more cards like Akarin or andromeda or w/e
The problem is that it feels like a lot of work for ehh results.On the one hand, power control, on the other hand, Awoken Laks may satisfy control better, and she has an rcv boost

e:

quote:

And, of course: BAGGI.
Baggi is one of the big reasons why people consider blue very good in JP
Trunks aas well, being a great Green>Blue converter

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 3, 2015

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh yeah, Horus is now at +100, max skilled and with 5 extra fingers. It's only a matter of time now.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Mono-Blue awoken Isis is a *really* hard team to setup. You have BValk(light), Blodin(Dark), and Beast Rider(or Siegfried), with space for 2 more cards like Akarin or andromeda or w/e
The problem is that it feels like a lot of work for ehh results.

Is this really that much harder than anything else? It's not more "you need these specific subs for it to work" than Lakshmi or Parvati, probably equal to Shiva/Bastet, definitely less than Gadius/Typhon/Ilm/Zuoh or Ra. It's just "stack blue rows and blue orb change."

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'd argue that Bastet is extremely easy to make a team for, given how common green prongs are, and access to a 5 turn orb changer with a prong that is farmable.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
It's really nowhere near the level of Shiva or Bastet because Bast has a way higher multiplier and Shiva has access to way better subs

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

10 pull on PAL got me a Phoenix, finally! loving YAY!

*slight anecdote: the week before they announced Awoken Shiva, i fed the 3 phoenix i had to my Horus for skillups. Didn't get any skillups either :smith:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

madstrike posted:

10 pull on PAL got me a Phoenix, finally! loving YAY!

*slight anecdote: the week before they announced Awoken Shiva, i fed the 3 phoenix i had to my Horus for skillups. Didn't get any skillups either :smith:

I'm so close. I just need a few mats from today and tomorrow and I'll have my Awoken Shiva. He needs some more levels but still.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

korora posted:

Did you stall out all the available turns? Wangren especially you can take your time with since his first few hits are pretty weak.

I switched up my subs and stalled every possible turn and I had enough turns to get all the skills up when I needed them.

However, the answer was still, "No, you need +eggs to make the team work."

Alternatively, probably 2 cascades would have worked, but I got none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

I run an Awoken Isis team with Blodin, Blodin, Siegfried, and light-Hermes. I've only cleared up to level 8 of the challenge dungeons with it, so it's not the best.

Odin can heal a lot of damage with his active and does a ton of damage with prongs, and Hermes usually gives me a couple rows when it's time to burst. I want to replace an Odin with Awoken Karin and Siegfried with Merlin, but that's a lot of blue piis away.

• Locked thread