Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

Yeah cuz what we need are people like the average GIP poster to be flying.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

who needs effective guidance when you have an order of magnitude more planes in the sky? :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALMKywxFsQ

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I cringed before the music started and closed it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just let it soak in, pun intended, and embrace it

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

Just let it soak in, pun intended, and embrace it

I've never prayed for a sniper more than just now watching that.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Now post the after-speed bump picture.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R00i1mcyaLg

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 2, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Well, I've got a boner.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

First thought: A really cool slow-mo gif
Second thought: Holy poo poo, the camera is tracking it! How?
Third thought: Jesus Christ, the pan rate of that thing!

Seriously, how fast is that camera turning on its mount? And how is the camera/mount/actuator not disintegrating from the stresses?

edit: I'll be sad if it's just a crop.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Captain Postal posted:

Third thought: Jesus Christ, the pan rate of that thing!

Seriously, how fast is that camera turning on its mount? And how is the camera/mount/actuator not disintegrating from the stresses?

edit: I'll be sad if it's just a crop.

It's absolutely real. Still not the best high speed camera, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSIRJ2brEk

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Captain Postal posted:

IIRC from the railgun videos, the camera itself isn't turning at all. It's pointing at a spinning mirror that produces the panning effect.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Edit: nevermind

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 2, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GFyEKndWfw

Sweet Overgrown M4 M27 action!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

This. This is why I come in to this thread. Mmm mmm those shockwaves :fap:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Which one are you

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I really wish people would just embed youtube videos instead of turning them into giant, mobile-crushing .gifs

I don't think taking 1,000 pictures of similar events at different times and then stitching them together on the computer should count as high speed photography.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've heard somewhere that the US marines were planning to replace the M249 LMG with M27's... Am I imagining things? Because those things looks just like the HK416s we use, and I fail to see how that can be a LMG replacement.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GyverMac posted:

I've heard somewhere that the US marines were planning to replace the M249 LMG with M27's... Am I imagining things? Because those things looks just like the HK416s we use, and I fail to see how that can be a LMG replacement.

The M27 is the HK416, it's just our military designation for it instead of the name HK gave it. And the idea behind it replacing the SAW is that it's lighter and easier to maintain while still providing respectable accuracy and rate of fire. Honestly I was a POG so it really doesn't matter what my opinon is, but my small amount of experience loving around with the 249 was just dealing with a heavy gun that wasn't the easiest thing to work on in the armory and they never let our guys use it with anything other than a STANAG in it it anyhow, so it was a pretty pointless thing.

I'm sure Infantry and Security Forces guys will have a better view of the issue though

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress that is dumb, who uses a SAW with a mag? You have to keep your hand on the loving thing just to keep it aligned properly to feed the rounds. God drat, use a belt and nutsack, or even one of the lovely plastic 200 round boxes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike-o posted:

Holy gently caress that is dumb, who uses a SAW with a mag

pentagonwars.txt

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dead Reckoning posted:

I really wish people would just embed youtube videos instead of turning them into giant, mobile-crushing .gifs

lol @ your dialup phone

wait

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Awful app likes to crash on me when there's tons of gifs on a page :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think chrome fixed the crash with more than 1 gif issue.

SAW with a mag is possible I guess but it's not recommend and no one does it.

They barely just started implementing them maybe 3 years ago or so. I think the idea was to replace the SAW but they ended up putting them back or rather keeping them in the rifle platoons because the ammo issue of course. So generally at least 2 SAWs in a platoon and a handful of m27s mixed it.

Nice gun anyways

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Captain Postal posted:

My second thought is why is that round being fired with the eyebolt lifting plug in place instead of a dummy fuze...

then I saw that the shockwave was visible and almost stopped caring.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My friend is convinced the M27 program is just a sneaky way to get brand new ARs into service.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
The first time I saw a SAW (haw) was two weeks into the recruit.
Some equivalent of your sergeants ran around with 2 of them firing blanks at us during babbys first ambush. I guess he brought two since those fuckers jam like nothing else shooting blanks. :v:

The English direct translation of blanks is *red farts* :norway:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That is the best translation.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

Holy gently caress that is dumb, who uses a SAW with a mag? You have to keep your hand on the loving thing just to keep it aligned properly to feed the rounds. God drat, use a belt and nutsack, or even one of the lovely plastic 200 round boxes.

Marine Air Wing isn't really either of the two things that they name claims to be

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
SAWs are great when they work.

I have only ever seen 2 that worked.

Using mags in SAWs is pointless, I saw an M16 with a full auto switch on it once, that would've been a better idea than a SAW with mags.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

not caring here posted:

SAWs are great when they work.

I have only ever seen 2 that worked.

Using mags in SAWs is pointless, I saw an M16 with a full auto switch on it once, that would've been a better idea than a SAW with mags.

I did some shady poo poo out the back of my FLA at JRTC with some supply guys, managed to trade some of the goodies we'd stuffed the thing to the gills with for a jar of LSA like an hour before we were set to roll into the box. You'd think I'd managed to pull a loving unicorn out of my rear end when that jar magically appeared for my little engineer buddies who were actually rolling around and shooting poo poo with the 249s, 240s, and Ma Deuces. Despite keeping that poo poo on the down low just for my company, somehow I think I had every monkey fucker sat on that stupid loving hill FOB (that I could throw a rock into from another hill right next to it) was trying to wheedle some of it from me. Like no bitch go get your own shady medics to do poo poo for you, or were you dumb enough to piss them off?

Those weapons ran like greased goose poo poo off a shovel though, first time I'd seen them actually work like that.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

GyverMac posted:

partly replace. kind of a semantic argument, at its heart. a saw is a lmg but used as an automatic rifle. the two terms may be synonymous depending on who you ask.

still saws in the rifle platoon but now also m27s.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Mike-o posted:

Awful app likes to crash on me when there's tons of gifs on a page :shrug:

Go to settings -> device and navigation -> tick on "Disable GIF animation"

It will make gifs show up as a big gray [GIF] then just click on it if you want to see it - it'll load in your browser of choice instead.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Mike-o posted:

That is the best translation.

Harlem -> har lem -> got dick :norway:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

and they never let our guys use it with anything other than a STANAG in it it anyhow
Hahahahhaha

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

C9s (:canada:) are a pain in the rear end, but at least the government trusts us enough to have full-auto on our C7 trigger group.

Americans seem to add all kinda of rails and lights and poo poo on their 249s. It seems like it adds a tonne of bulk. Is there a reason, or is it up to the individual guys to add what they want?

Oh and ours are green for some reason.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because an optic, ir laser and flashlight all come in handy if you're trying to shoot your gun good and our military can afford to buy new shiny stuff for pvt retard to fall on and break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
However you never want to be near any retard who has a loaded gun at night because he will probably shoot you accidentally.

• Locked thread