Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Paladinus posted:

How is a CD harder to produce than a cassette?

you can record straight to a cassette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Lady Naga posted:

Lol "loving kids caring more about social justice issues than obsolete tech!"

I agree it is very important for kids to always be accepted ESPECIALLY if they identify as a rabbit and someone doesn't accept their pronouns (bun/bun/bunself), as bun may be triggered

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Thin Privilege posted:

I agree it is very important for kids to always be accepted ESPECIALLY if they identify as a rabbit and someone doesn't accept their pronouns (bun/bun/bunself), as bun may be triggered

As a transwoman with a nonbinary partner I will accept all the otherkin in the world if it means I stopped getting called "he".

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Boywhiz88 posted:

Actually tapes are making a comeback in the DIY scene as a way to have an easy physical copy. And I think for the nostalgia factor a bit

Mods, please bring back zines.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

kimbo305 posted:

Mods, please bring back zines.

I know quite a few zines that are running actually.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Boywhiz88 posted:

I know quite a few zines that are running actually.

hosed up if true.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nouvelle Vague posted:

hosed up if true.

I don't think I've seen any actual physical zines in a long time. E-zines are a thing, however.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I identify as transbastard

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hack/hax/haxelf

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
It's a public account so no hiding the name:

On the account he said that people weren't sure whether this story was real. GEE I WONDER WHY

eta: "This means more than you can imagine."

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Sep 3, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Didn't that whole thing start as an author making up transnigger as a joke and people on the internet ran with it because they'd do anything to connect themselves to Glorious Nippon.

Does anyone have that amazing STDH about like a school newspaper interviewing some guy in a campus coffee shop? It turns out the guy developed the computer system the university used but then they had fired him and all this stuff.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

trickybiscuits posted:

On the account he said that people weren't sure whether this story was real. GEE I WONDER WHY

Will no one think of the overcompensated public servants

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I identify as a mirror, so my pronouns are I/me/myself

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

trickybiscuits posted:

eta: "This means more than you can imagine."

This guy has so much respect for are police, he spreads this story far and wide of how this cop essentially took a bribe in the form of friendship bracelets and voided his speeding ticket

Hatrocious has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Sep 3, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sentient Data posted:

I identify as Posdnuos but strangely enough my pronouns are the same.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Y'all is the only second- and third-person pronoun I need. Conjugates pretty well too.

Went to imgur in search of thread content, was not disappointed: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/5V6jM

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that is the most feminine handwriting

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I identify as a DeLaSoulkin please respect these pronouns

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

queserasera posted:

Y'all is the only second- and third-person pronoun I need. Conjugates pretty well too.

Went to imgur in search of thread content, was not disappointed: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/5V6jM

Fwiw, this

is pretty :laffo:.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

So, while I realize this might just be a picayune complaint because poo poo ain't real, why do the 'Boyfriend's 'y's and 'B's change in his signature

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Also, it looks like he left her about $60-80. After a decent mani/pedi and a basic woman's haircut, she'd have about five bucks left to get new shoes and "a outfit" - and that's assuming she didn't want French tips or a shampoo or anything fancy. What kind of cheap ho does he think she is, making her shop at Ross Dress For Less?

edit: vv at least none old enough to have a job and $60 vv

walrusman has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Sep 4, 2015

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Men also don't use smilies or the word "bae."

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Who the hell unironically uses the word "bae"

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Teenagers and under-25s who use tumblr.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Nostradingus posted:

Men also don't use smilies or the word "bae."

If they did, they probably wouldn't do a dot nose.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

What gets me is that these things are always signed off with "your boyfriend" or "your wife" or some poo poo, and no one signs off letters like that! It makes it absolutely obvious it's a load of poo poo.

I know it's all bullshit but that part really makes me want to slap the person who made it up.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

So, while I realize this might just be a picayune complaint because poo poo ain't real, why do the 'Boyfriend's 'y's and 'B's change in his signature

It's a loving joke, the 'When can this happen to me?' should indicate that it's being passed off as a joke, and she obviously wrote it herself, and makes no claim otherwise.

JFC goons! :ughh:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

It's a loving joke, the 'When can this happen to me?' should indicate that it's being passed off as a joke, and she obviously wrote it herself, and makes no claim otherwise.

It's a facebook repost man, people comment on images.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Tunicate posted:

It's a facebook repost man, people comment on images.

Uh, really? because everything else on DJ Samy's page is in exactly the same format, and clearly intended as a joke.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
the dragons are exploding again

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SybilVimes posted:

JFC goons! :ughh:

See, I realize that a lot of poo poo in here are jokes mistaken for true STDH, but it's really hard to tell when people also unironically post "My girlfriend left me a note saying 'smoke some weed and relax. when i get back I'll give you 20 blowjobs :)'" on the same sites

e: Going by his facebook, I think s/he really believes that considering some of the other images are of the same format.

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 11:22 on Sep 4, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love the ones where the signature is something like 'Boyfriend' or 'Husband' because if they put a real name then people might not realise that the person who posted it is a registered sex haver!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

I love the ones where the signature is something like 'Boyfriend' or 'Husband' because if they put a real name then people might not realise that the person who posted it is a registered sex haver!

Oh my what a hero

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I like that even in his own made up fantasy he points out that he hasn't actually helped the woman, just ensured that when she is not in public, she cops a much worse beating than normal. But hey, the important thing is that he stood up for women (in public) where everyone could see him.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

He probably hurt his hand trying unsuccessfully to charge his phone.

I want to start a fake account to respond to these things, telling the hero he didn't know the whole story and belted a dude for telling his wife to shut up because she was telling everyone around that she was glad she had an affair because her husband has a tiny dick. Or just by saying "lol Ryan you didn't punch anybody, you jammed your finger in a doorway while doing your favorite impersonation of a black person"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ElGroucho posted:

Oh my what a hero

I scrolled that slow, like okay.... three different people's arms at hte elbow crease.... and... oh... oh, I see.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

quote:

restaurant

Boston

I’m in line at Subway ordering a meatball sub.

Customer behind me: Excuse me.

I turn around to see a woman in her early 50s wearing lots of jewelry.

Woman: “Is a My Little Pony on your shirt?“

Me: “Yeah, you a fan?”

Woman: “No! That show is evil and you are a degenerate!“

Me: “… Excuse me?”

Woman: “That show ruined my son! Now he has dyed his hair in rainbow colors and he buys toys for little girls and goes to these awful conventions with smelly people that do the same thing!“

Tears begin to run down her face. People in the Subway are turning to look.

Me: “Ma'am, maybe you shouldn’t be so judgmental of me or your son. It’s just a show that a lot of people happen to like, a show that teaches about the value of friendship and acceptance. Perhaps you could stand to learn a lesson or two from it yourself.”

Woman: “No! My son had such a promising future and now he’s admitted to me that he is a homosexual! It’s all that d*** show’s fault! People like you ruined my son!“

She reaches out to slap me, but I quickly deflect the blow.

Me: “Ma'am, please don’t touch me. I train regularly in Krav Maga.”

The woman grabs her forearm where her arm had met mine.

Woman: “Help! This degenerate struck me for standing up for my beliefs!”

She looks, wild-eyed, at the small girl behind the counter, who has watched the whole thing without saying a word.

Woman: “You! Call for your manager and have this society-destroying pariah thrown out of here! He assaulted me!”

Girl Behind the Counter: “I AM the manager. And I just saw that whole thing. It’s YOU who had better leave. I won’t have you assaulting people in my place of business for wearing shirts that express their values.”

The woman stomps out in a huff without ordering any food. People sitting at the tables and in line begin to clap for me and the manager.

Manager: “Sorry about that. And hey – the sub’s on us. Because nobody messes with Twilight Sparkle.”

She reaches over the glass to give me a high-five, even after I insist on paying for my lunch.

And wouldn’t you know it? Her phone number was written on the napkin she put in my bag.

Alright, which one of you chuckleheads submitted this?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Alright, which one of you chuckleheads submitted this?

uh, that is a completely real and accurate thing that happened to lowtax thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

queserasera posted:

Almost all of those are blatantly jokes. These two are the closest things to stdh.

• Locked thread