Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

PirateBob posted:

Well if Marca says so..

youre right transfermarkt is much more reliable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Martial's agent is Philippe Lamboley. There was some talk that Mendes was 'involved' with the deal but the people who are reliable on french football like Auclair and Bouhafsi have denied this.

Besides United's relationship with Mendes is not what it was and De Gea is the last of his clients on their books. This is a good thing imo, their dealings with him have been massively expensive and not particularly successful in recent years.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 3, 2015

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Jorge Mendes is good, but he is no Pini Zahavi. He was a true master

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

El Hefe posted:

youre right transfermarkt is much more reliable

If I have to pick one I'm going with transfermarkt over Marca.

Lot 49 posted:

Martial's agent is Philippe Lamboley. There was some talk that Mendes was 'involved' with the deal but the people who are reliable on french football like Auclair and Bouhafsi have denied this.

Besides United's relationship with Mendes is not what it was and De Gea is the last of his clients on their books. This is a good thing imo, their dealings with him have been massively expensive and not particularly successful in recent years.

Exactly what I thought. The only time Mendes was mentioned was when someone claimed he helped 'smooth the deal', whatever that means.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

brocked posted:

I'd never want to attend a Watford/Brentford match

Who would?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Maybe it was we had to buy a Falcao to get a Martial? It seems a dumb thing to speculate on

I'm not really speculating, just saying something I read. What I was trying to say was that he arranges for teams to buy into his pipeline of players, not that this has anything to do with any specific deal

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Now, I like Jonjo Shelvey. I always rated him as being talented and didn't want Liverpool to sell him when they did. But I'm sensing from a few different sources that people are starting to think he's England's Next Big Hope, which is just insanely lol.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Hoops posted:

Now, I like Jonjo Shelvey. I always rated him as being talented and didn't want Liverpool to sell him when they did. But I'm sensing from a few different sources that people are starting to think he's England's Next Big Hope, which is just insanely lol.

If you can't beat em, you can at least get it up em

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah those are certainly likely to be top drawer sources.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Shelvey owns even though he's kinda poo poo

pdog
May 7, 2013

Broletariat posted:

Wenger / Kroenke / the board just don't seem that interested in winning the league, and sooner or later guys like Ozil, Sanchez, Bellerin, and Ramsey are gonna catch on and bounce.

lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Aidy Ward will show that Mendes is a foreign myth.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Shelvey owns even though he's kinda poo poo

It's this.

I think it's because he has the ability to do something absolutely amazing one minute and absolutely terrible the next.

Shelvey's biggest weakness, apart from being a bit mental, is a total lack of pace though. You could see at Liverpool that he wanted to play like a young Stevie but had the physical attributes of a Charlie Adam.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Parody Threads posted:

If you can't beat em, you can at least get it up em

Wrong ex-Liverpool player. Shelvey, not Sterling.

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

It's this.

I think it's because he has the ability to do something absolutely amazing one minute and absolutely terrible the next.

Shelvey's biggest weakness, apart from being a bit mental, is a total lack of pace though. You could see at Liverpool that he wanted to play like a young Stevie but had the physical attributes of a Charlie Adam.

He has no brain, he can't read the game, this is why he appears slow.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brighterday posted:

No, he's genuinely really slow to get moving, too. Too much beer.

Who has the football manager stats handy? It should all be there.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

definitely one of my favorite games ever was Jonjo Shelvey 2-2 Jonjo Shelvey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPAGCEnlPk

lower quality but english and 1/4 as long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIAd8Jj27Rk

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I did not enjoy that game so much.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I miss the Michu Goggles

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bournemouth have lost their two biggest signings for the entire season.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brighterday posted:

Yeah his decision making is pretty questionable at times but I mostly put that down to age and the type of player he is. He seems like he's a bit more reliable now than he was.

But yeah, he's slow as gently caress which is a shame otherwise I think he could be a really decent player.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
He's the anti-Pirlo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Hoops posted:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

This owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Berahino took his mam to a meeting with west broms chairman to try and force his transfer lol

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Jose posted:

Berahino took his mam to a meeting with west broms chairman to try and force his transfer lol

I did a massive lol at this when I read it.

For those that havent:

http://transfernewscentral.com/2015/09/07/berahino-brought-mum-contract-talks/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So apparently the "some months" Welbeck will be out for are in fact six months, according to Roy Hodgson.

So he'll miss most of the season.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He'll be like a new signing next year.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

Lmao does he still think hes playing for an under 12's team?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

So apparently the "some months" Welbeck will be out for are in fact six months, according to Roy Hodgson.

So he'll miss most of the season.

Arsenal, this year, like last year, going to get a bunch of dudes with niggles and injuries, bow out of the champions league either at or just after the group stage, win some games, lose games they should win, get everyone back healthy be the best team in the league for about 2 months until they come crashing back to earth with a drubbing by Man City / Chels / Man utd / liverpool, earn enough points to get into fourth, win a poo poo title like the FA cup and leave us idiot fans hoping again that we sign a couple of players and make a push.

We'll get another youth mid fielder or striker who's the next neymar / beckham / costa / rinaldo / [insert good player here] in the transfer window that doesn't pan out and no one else repeating the cycle forever.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
A poo poo title like the FA cup.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Gigi Galli posted:

A poo poo title like the FA cup.

lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Beckham.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

That's a

nice

meltdown

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Rinaldo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Arsenal, this year, like last year, going to get a bunch of dudes with niggles and injuries, bow out of the champions league either at or just after the group stage, win some games, lose games they should win, get everyone back healthy be the best team in the league for about 2 months until they come crashing back to earth with a drubbing by Man City / Chels / Man utd / liverpool, earn enough points to get into fourth, win a poo poo title like the FA cup and leave us idiot fans hoping again that we sign a couple of players and make a push.

We'll get another youth mid fielder or striker who's the next neymar / beckham / costa / rinaldo / [insert good player here] in the transfer window that doesn't pan out and no one else repeating the cycle forever.

lol

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Arsenal finished third last year just fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

BlindSite posted:

Source your quotes

• Locked thread