Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Joey Bosa isn't even the best defensive lineman in the conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

Thank everything if this cb class is as strong as Mel thinks it is

I think they are, those three anyway.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Iowa State's old Clyde Williams Field. It was on the southwest corner of the main campus.

The end zone seating looks permanent. Did they make their track useless but keep it anyway?

Weird old stadiums are awesome.

The Twinkie Czar fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 3, 2015

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Komet posted:

Joey Bosa isn't even the best defensive lineman in the conference.

He looked pretty drat good throwing your RB into Hackenberg. :smug:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

LeeMajors posted:

PULLED PORK. WHISKEY. BRISKET. CLOSE IT!!

A man after my own heart

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

It might look better as a tag if it was simply a white box with "we want" on the left side and "bama" on the right of a black vertical bar separating them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dattserberg posted:

A man after my own heart

:wink:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

When their basketball coach got fired for being an abusive rear end in a top hat McMagic said, with a complete lack of irony, "the enemies of Rutgers athletics are having a very good day" or something to that effect, and it remains one of the single funniest things ever posted on this or any forum.

Unfortunately McMagic doesn't post in college threads very much and even fewer people care about Rutgers basketball than care about Rutgers football so poor KJI winds up taking the brunt of the abuse for it in here.

it was absolutely hilarious, second perhaps only to "gently caress toledo they are homoos 4 lyfe"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it was absolutely hilarious, second perhaps only to "gently caress toledo they are homoos 4 lyfe"

lmao what was the context of that?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

There was none. It was in a basketball thread. Also it was "gently caress the Toledo Rockets they are hoomos 4 lyfe".

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

DJExile posted:

iirc it was some drunk dude after a mac basketball game of all things

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There was none. It was in a basketball thread. Also it was "hoomos".

i always forget where the extra o was, thank you

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

For my money that line is the best and I've thought of adapting it to other teams but for some reason it's just so hilarious with Toledo that I can't bring myself to change it

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

1 hour away gentlemen. Then we can say our hateful goodbyes to the offseason and fix our addiction for these brief 15 weeks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

For my money that line is the best and I've thought of adapting it to other teams but for some reason it's just so hilarious with Toledo that I can't bring myself to change it

its only funny because like how the gently caress can you get worked up about loving toledo basketball

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Notorious ZSB posted:

1 hour away gentlemen. Then we can say our hateful goodbyes to the offseason and fix our addiction for these brief 15 weeks.

ANOTHER BAMA CHAMPIONSHIP

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There was none. It was in a basketball thread. Also it was "gently caress the Toledo Rockets they are hoomos 4 lyfe".

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

iirc it was some drunk dude after a mac basketball game of all things

goddamn i love it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ANOTHER BAMA CHAMPIONSHIP

I will miss the first Bama game this year because I will be at the summary execution of GSU by WVU.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did the Cal QB play for Tedford at all? Can't remember how many years ago he got canned. Wonder how his mechanics are

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DOOP posted:

Did the Cal QB play for Tedford at all? Can't remember how many years ago he got canned. Wonder how his mechanics are

Tedford's last year at cal was 2012 if memory serves

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Goff came the year after Tedford.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

UFs offense has sucked as but we sure as poo poo can produce secondary players. VH3 is the real deal.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm glad it was an rear end in a top hat like McMagic and not KjI who seems like an alright guy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jared Goff: the new Aaron Rodgers?????

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Emron posted:

I will miss the first Bama game this year because I will be at the summary execution of GSU by WVU.

yay! if you need protips on what to do, where to drink or want to get a beer, pm me

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
On Saturday, Nebraska will be without starting OLB Michael Rose-Ivey and CB Johnathan Rose (listed as a co-starter) as well as TE Cethan Carter, who hasn't every really done much yet started last season.

Now for BYU to announce who they're sitting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Was "wrap it up Cavalailures" a UVA thing or a Cleveland Cavaliers thing? Or were they not even the first -ailures?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Was "wrap it up Cavalailures" a UVA thing or a Cleveland Cavaliers thing? Or were they not even the first -ailures?

It originates from an early LF thread like a million years ago and was originally "Obamailures". Variations of it have subsequently been run thousands of miles into the ground. I don't know who the first team someone applied it to here, but it's been a catchphrase since like 2008 or whatever.

Oh hey here you go: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2216

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I can't believe my eyes have been assaulted by a ~big board~ before the first Saturday even started

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Scarf posted:

New Jersey gonna New Jersey.

What's so loving depressing is Schiano ran the cleanest program in college football, so no, that's utter bullshit. Kyle Flood is just the worst human being alive, and it's been torture hearing stories about how he had no team discipline for years and nothing ever being done about it.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Hey guys, some of you have probably seen it, but in case you haven't some of us are playing a drinking game/taking part in a charity drive in wheez's memory. Here is the relevant thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739190

It's gonna be good. Go cougs!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man mister fister has been spending up a storm tonight

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I can't wait till 10PM PST to watch my alma mater, and FOOTBALL POWERHOUSE, The University of Colorado

:suicide:

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
E: wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Imagine if the idea of The Enemies of Rutgers athletics was a person and coached your rival school for three years. RIP Tim Beckman.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There's no aftermath yet but Jake Rudock is a Bad Quarterback

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Neodoomium posted:

There's no aftermath yet but Jake Rudock is a Bad Quarterback Michigan is a bad team.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Both can be true.

Peppers is good and Butt is good but Michigan is bad.

I think they will be less bad than last year. They got beat less bad by Utah!

(seriously though how awful is Morris to not see time after that performance)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea Morris must be atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Harbaugh looks like he had a good cry right before his presser.

• Locked thread