Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I hope Beerus makes an offhand remark about "that big saiyan guy who also blows up planets, and is very cool" in Super so that Broly becomes canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I hope Beerus makes an offhand remark about "that big saiyan guy who also blows up planets, and is very cool" in Super so that Broly becomes canon.

he will, but he's actually referring to Bardock who has slowly grown larger over the ages until became a galactus type figure. and also is super saiyan god super saiyan 4

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mraagvpeine posted:

I read somewhere that SSG Goku was a 6 to Beerus's (full) 10. Do you suppose SSGSS Goku and Vegeta are 8 each?

It was Toriyama's own comparisons IIRC. God Goku's a 6, Beerus is a 10 and Whis a 15. Therefore, mathematically, SSGSS Goku and Vegeta being 8s would be sort of illogical, since then together they're a 16, even higher than Whis. Whis says that together they MAY defeat Beerus, and if he considers it only a possibility, then there's no way in hell they're even close to him.

Also it's a comparison that only makes sense in context. Anyways, by Goku's own estimate, in his SSGSS form he's stronger than Beerus at 70%, who was stronger than Goku in his God form. He's still below Beerus at 100%.

A rough diagram of powers by Resurrection F would be, I think...

Whis > Beerus (100%) = SSGSS Goku and Vegeta together (possibly) > Golden Freeza > SSGSS Goku/Vegeta > Saiyan Beyond God Goku/Vegeta > Freeza (Final Form) > Gohan > Piccolo > every living being beyond those > Yamcha.

It's likely that Vegetto if he were to be formed now (as a SSGSS) would be even stronger than Beerus. Which sounds awesome, too bad it's unlikely to happen.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That's a nice dream and all, but your sentence doesn't actually sound like it's talking about Broly??

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Broly is gonna try and beat evil bills up, fail, and then come to earth to teamup with Goku and Vegeta. They will then fuse to form SSGSS Vegittoly.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...What is a Saiyan Beyond God? I assume you're not referring to Super Cyan. Is that just what we're calling base RoF Goku and Vegeta?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Spiritus Nox posted:

...What is a Saiyan Beyond God? I assume you're not referring to Super Cyan. Is that just what we're calling base RoF Goku and Vegeta?

When you've become a Super Saiyan God, your body "remembers" the power and it sort of unlocks your potential. Lingering traces of the divine, or what have you.

Also all the fusion talk has actually made me realise that in Parallels, rules as written, there's no technical limit to fusion. The only limit is that a character can only fuse once per fight, but technically a fused character hasn't performed the fusion, they're just the end result.

When two characters fuse, their fusion knows all their combined moves. So if everyone in a four-person group knows the fusion technique, then their two fusions will know it, and be able to perform it, thus being able to create a potential singular super-character controlled by the entire group.

I'm going to go ahead and say that's not a bug, that's a feature :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

When you've become a Super Saiyan God, your body "remembers" the power and it sort of unlocks your potential. Lingering traces of the divine, or what have you.

...So, yes, we're talking about base form post BoG.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Fuego Fish posted:

I don't think that's an inherent thing. Beerus seemed surprised that Goku managed that, since he's such a badass.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

...So, yes, we're talking about base form post BoG.

Yeah. It's such a power spike that it gets a name all of its own (and is apparently counted as a form in Heroes). But by all means it is just base Goku and Vegeta post-mastering their God powers.

It is a ridiculous power spike though. Base Goku is able to easily beat Final Form Freeza, despite the latter having gone through four months of training. This makes him, at base, far stronger than he was as a Super Saiyan, and likely even stronger than he was at any Super Saiyan stage except maybe God. And he can still turn Super Saiyan from it, to become Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

God Ki's kind of broken, is what I'm trying to say. And even with it Beerus is still higher, not to mention Whis. The power scale got even more insane thanks to Battle of Gods.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
for those who missed the last time it came up in the thread broly's creator got salty over beerus being more powerful than broly but not being as "scary" ie. giant block of muscles

also he's in some kind of weird cult and that entire first broly movie is basically about that

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i want mr buu to absorb broly

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Broly's creator is a genius

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

for those who missed the last time it came up in the thread broly's creator got salty over beerus being more powerful than broly but not being as "scary" ie. giant block of muscles

also he's in some kind of weird cult and that entire first broly movie is basically about that

Broly is stupid and boring and the posterchild for everything wrong with dbz

More muscles, more evil, more anger, more better:downs:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was Toriyama's own comparisons IIRC. God Goku's a 6, Beerus is a 10 and Whis a 15. Therefore, mathematically, SSGSS Goku and Vegeta being 8s would be sort of illogical, since then together they're a 16, even higher than Whis. Whis says that together they MAY defeat Beerus, and if he considers it only a possibility, then there's no way in hell they're even close to him.

Also it's a comparison that only makes sense in context. Anyways, by Goku's own estimate, in his SSGSS form he's stronger than Beerus at 70%, who was stronger than Goku in his God form. He's still below Beerus at 100%.

Whis > Beerus (100%) = SSGSS Goku and Vegeta together (possibly) > Golden Freeza > SSGSS Goku/Vegeta > Saiyan Beyond God Goku/Vegeta > Freeza (Final Form) > Gohan > Piccolo > every living being beyond those > Yamcha.

It's likely that Vegetto if he were to be formed now (as a SSGSS) would be even stronger than Beerus. Which sounds awesome, too bad it's unlikely to happen.

yep this is a dragonball thread

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Fuego Fish posted:

Also all the fusion talk has actually made me realise that in Parallels, rules as written, there's no technical limit to fusion...thus being able to create a potential singular super-character controlled by the entire group.

This game is going to be wonderful.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Fuego Fish posted:

Also all the fusion talk has actually made me realise that in Parallels, rules as written, there's no technical limit to fusion. The only limit is that a character can only fuse once per fight, but technically a fused character hasn't performed the fusion, they're just the end result.

When two characters fuse, their fusion knows all their combined moves. So if everyone in a four-person group knows the fusion technique, then their two fusions will know it, and be able to perform it, thus being able to create a potential singular super-character controlled by the entire group.

Will the DMNarrator be required to give some sort of awesome, Super Robot-esque introduction to this monstrosity of GATTAI? :allears:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mogomra posted:

But I wanna know how strong Krillin is in say The Cell Saga, compared to Krillin in the beginning of Dragon Ball. This is important. (no it's not)

Cell Saga Krillin could raze multiple planets.

DBZ Krillin had trouble with a big rock.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Fuego Fish posted:

When does your playtest happen again?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Shinjobi posted:

Broly is stupid and boring and the posterchild for everything wrong with dbz

More muscles, more evil, more anger, more better:downs:

Broly is basically a parody of what people who don't watch/read DBZ think DBZ is like, except played straight.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fuego Fish posted:

I was going to make a joke that fusion should always wear out just before the fused character is going to give the final blow but then i remembered jenemba so it's not a constant.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Whenever Broly isn't on screen, everyone else should be asking "Where's Broly?"

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

ImpAtom posted:

Goku > Vegeta > everyone else who is worthless and sucks and will never do anything useful again > Yamcha.

Blaze Dragon posted:

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 3, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fuego Fish posted:

You should make it so the players of a fused character have to say their actions all at the same time to mimic the fusion voice.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Blaze Dragon posted:

That 16 would happen from fusing together, not from fighting together.

quote:

And I think 8 is an appropriate comparison based on this.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Xad posted:

This game is going to be wonderful.

It's honest reactions like this which make me feel like making this game is the best thing I've done all year. It's not like my books are getting this much attention.

StrifeHira posted:

Will the DMNarrator be required to give some sort of awesome, Super Robot-esque introduction to this monstrosity of GATTAI? :allears:

Required? No, but no Narrator worth their salt is gonna pass up the chance to do that.

Some Numbers posted:

When does your playtest happen again?

Probably next week at this rate, but maybe this Sunday evening at the earliest? Keep in mind I'm on UK time here, not US, so my evening would be your afternoon.

The design notes are more-or-less complete with the basics right now, except I haven't put in a few details like how beam battles work. But the character design stuff is basically almost complete (I might add a few extra martial arts moves) if anyone wants to put together a character.

The martial arts moves are a bit odd, honestly, because I've had a few ideas on possible changes (including stuff like "master-level" variations, separating them out by rarity, etc.) but I don't want to do any of them until I see how it plays currently. No point in making anything more complex than it needs to be for the first time out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Make sure there is no upper limit to fusion.

And make the power boost exponential.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Hard to have a flat bonus to fusion, since too many bonuses gets complicated, but any fused character will be (in theory) stronger than the originals by reason of having access to all the top attributes, all the per-playbook benefits, and all the shared martial arts moves.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
They also have to describe the fusion whenever they fuse, so that we know just how horrifying the gestalt entity is.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

The last time I looked at the DB Parallels rules I realized a Majin could split in two and then fuse with two different people.

And then those could fuse together.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Fuego Fish posted:

Probably next week at this rate, but maybe this Sunday evening at the earliest? Keep in mind I'm on UK time here, not US, so my evening would be your afternoon.

You're seriously making me consider cancelling my hot date on Sunday, man.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Emong posted:

The last time I looked at the DB Parallels rules I realized a Majin could split in two and then fuse with two different people.

And then those could fuse together.

Yeah this is 100% accurate and, frankly, working as intended.

Prison Warden posted:

You're seriously making me consider cancelling my hot date on Sunday, man.

Oh no! Well, there'll probably be another couple during the week.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pyroi posted:

They also have to describe the fusion whenever they fuse, so that we know just how horrifying the gestalt entity is.

They should have to do the fusion dance IRL and if its not right they turn into a fat version.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

KoB posted:

They should have to do the fusion dance IRL and if its not right they turn into a fat version.

I would be willing to put in a rule that says you get +1 ongoing the entire time you're fused if you do a fusion dance IRL and the Narrator deems it to be good enough. The game needs more mechanics like that, and the Spirit Bomb one.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
If you can come up with a distinctive signature shout for your super special move like "KA... ME... HA... ME... HAAAAAA" or "Wolf Fang FIST" then you should get bonuses.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Blaze Dragon posted:

it's a logarithmic scale

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I want to hear more about the Broly guy being in a weird cult.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnkWNW8x6c

It's like I'm watching DBZA Season One all over again!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nessus posted:

I want to hear more about the Broly guy being in a weird cult.

Same here, I'd lose my poo poo if it happens to be The Roma-Sophie Society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's some japanese cult with a big focus on holding hands and sharing your energy with people

• Locked thread