Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Go look at WickedHate's rap sheet and then put him on ignore and stop quoting him or trying to interact with him in any way forever TIA

Segmentation Fault posted:

That's where the logic fails. Any fraction of infinity is still infinity, that's how infinity works. Even if an infinitesimal portion of existing planets have life on them, that still means that there are infinite worlds with life on them.
You're trying to make a logical argument against a joke from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

im so hosed up

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

im so hosed up

ShinjiMorty noooooo!!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

im so hosed up

yoooooo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

"Here we are, Instrumentality Shinji! A reality where everyone in the world got Instrumentalized. We'll fit right in, Instrumentality Shinji. It'll be like we never even left Instrumentality World."

"Yeah, Instrumentality Gendo, but y'know, I'm gonna miss Instrumentality World, because everyone was Instrumentalized all along like us from the beginning, y'know... I mean, I-I wish we hadn't impacted Instrumentality World beyond repair like we did, y'know, and turned everyone into regular normal... people just walking around?"

"Don't you worry about that sort of thing, Instrumentality Shinji. Let's go make ourselves at home, huh?"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hmm.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Soho Joe posted:

"Here we are, Instrumentality Shinji! A reality where everyone in the world got Instrumentalized. We'll fit right in, Instrumentality Shinji. It'll be like we never even left Instrumentality World."

"Yeah, Instrumentality Gendo, but y'know, I'm gonna miss Instrumentality World, because everyone was Instrumentalized all along like us from the beginning, y'know... I mean, I-I wish we hadn't impacted Instrumentality World beyond repair like we did, y'know, and turned everyone into regular normal... people just walking around?"

"Don't you worry about that sort of thing, Instrumentality Shinji. Let's go make ourselves at home, huh?"

Congratulations!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Soho Joe posted:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Well, this certainly is two things I recognise

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Considering how absurdly similar they were, I wonder if Zeep Xanflorp was actually his universe's version of Rick. Given, his name wasn't Rick and he was voiced by Stephen Colbert, which are points against.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I figure their similarities are just a coincidence, or like a cosmic passing on of Rickness that by the second time was diluted enough for the teenyverse creator to get none of it.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

bull3964 posted:

Are two infinite universe deaths any worse than one infinite universe death?

Considering an infinite universe would contain infinite planets and thus infinite universes-in-a-box it's probably more like he destroyed 2ω universes by destroying that one, and if those universes had planets that developed to the point of universe-in-a-box technology yet, you could make an inductive argument that he really destroyed ω2 universes. So it's infinity times worse basically. Or you could go up to Zeep's universe and just say that would be universe ω2 + 1 so it's 1 less worse maybe.

Surreal numbers are fun. :science:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 3, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WickedHate posted:

I figure their similarities are just a coincidence, or like a cosmic passing on of Rickness that by the second time was diluted enough for the teenyverse creator to get none of it.

actually Teenyverse guy succeeded in his suicide, so he may be the most Rick of all the microverse guys.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Considering how absurdly similar they were, I wonder if Zeep Xanflorp was actually his universe's version of Rick. Given, his name wasn't Rick and he was voiced by Stephen Colbert, which are points against.

If Rick lived in a world where humans were instructed by an alien to step on a thing in order to produce energy and "siphon the waste" into a volcano, he would have immediately realized what's up as soon as he invented his own tiny universe.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Ricks as we know them probably only exist in universes parallel to C-137, not universes contained within one another.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

actually Teenyverse guy succeeded in his suicide, so he may be the most Rick of all the microverse guys.

But our Rick is the Rick-ist Rick, and he failed in his suicide. That makes suceeding a negative in Rick points.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Speculation: 1. At some point over the course of the show, there will be an episode titled "Survival of the Rickest". 2, this episode will likely feature a death match between kidnapped Ricks.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

im so hosed up

He does it everywhere.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Philip Rivers posted:

Ricks as we know them probably only exist in universes parallel to C-137, not universes contained within one another.

One universe in, their Rick was okay with working for the government.

Two universes in, their Rick was okay with working for the government, AND actually had a conscience.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WickedHate posted:

But our Rick is the Rick-ist Rick, and he failed in his suicide. That makes suceeding a negative in Rick points.

imo rick respected that guy a lot more than Zeep, even tho they both got a cathartic lil jab at his naming of the teenyverse

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VideoTapir posted:

One universe in, their Rick was okay with working for the government.

Two universes in, their Rick was okay with working for the government, AND actually had a conscience.

Zeep had at least somewhat of a conscience, though. He was horrified when Rick destroyed the miniverse.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

imo rick respected that guy a lot more than Zeep, even tho they both got a cathartic lil jab at his naming of the teenyverse

True, but he was also just using him to make Zeep feel like an rear end in a top hat.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

WickedHate posted:

Zeep had at least somewhat of a conscience, though. He was horrified when Rick destroyed the miniverse.

I'd say it's just as likely he was horrified in the sense of: "You just wrecked my life's work, you asswipe!" as opposed to: "Oh god, won't someone think of the miniverse children!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CrazyLoon posted:

I'd say it's just as likely he was horrified in the sense of: "You just wrecked my life's work, you asswipe!" as opposed to: "Oh god, won't someone think of the miniverse children!"

My favourite part was that it didn't make a big bang or anything fancy, just smashed like a wack lobster tank

VVV thx

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 3, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

My favourite part was that it didn't make a big bang or anything fancy, just smashed like a children's fish tank

lobster tank

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

JT Jag posted:

Colbert is REALLY good at giving off that "gently caress you got mine" tone/vibe, which works well with this show, along with his own works. Sometimes you can't even tell if he's kidding. He's just that good. I love that man.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

WickedHate posted:

This was the best part of the episode and with the driftwood line the only reason for Morty to have gone with Rick instead of Summer, since otherwise it seems more in character for her to object to the slavery with extra steps.

The main difference was more that while Morty would (and did) verbally object to Rick's slavery scam, he objects privately to Rick. Summer would likely have kicked off a revolution like she did in the Unity episode.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

johntfs posted:

The main difference was more that while Morty would (and did) verbally object to Rick's slavery scam, he objects privately to Rick. Summer would likely have kicked off a revolution like she did in the Unity episode.

And this time there wouldn't have been a Morty around to merely riff on her naivete: "Ah man...second race war, huh?"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Perhaps that is why she stayed in the car.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Well yes...I mean...she wants to constantly be, like, totally stoked about everything. One can see how that can be a serious problem, were she ever to become Rick's main partner.

That being said, the melting ghost baby kinda was something I wouldn't blame even a typical teenager being upset over.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

CrazyLoon posted:

I think you're both wrong. Zeep realized that Rick would destroy the microverse battery without hesitation, so if he didn't get to the top dimension first, his world was doomed (or would have to resume creating power for Rick).

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
and that's the universe where I was born? Where my father died. Where I couldn't make time for his funeral. Because I was working... on my universe.

That scene really affected me. Loved it

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
There's a universe where Rick and Morty didn't make it out of the battery and Summer is stuck in Ball Fondlers world.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

prefect posted:

I think you're both wrong. Zeep realized that Rick would destroy the microverse battery without hesitation, so if he didn't get to the top dimension first, his world was doomed (or would have to resume creating power for Rick).

Rick also probably did it with this in mind. It works on a lot of levels.

VideoTapir posted:

There's a universe where Rick and Morty didn't make it out of the battery and Summer is stuck in Ball Fondlers world.

Yeah that's the one where you get anthropomorphic spaceship sex, duh.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Most threads choke during hiatus because the lack of new information means that we spiral the drain of hypothetical and increasingly weird tangents. For this show, it takes about a day and a half.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just started watching this, are we getting new eps every monday until the end of season 2?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

No episode this week

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pixelante posted:

Most threads choke during hiatus because the lack of new information means that we spiral the drain of hypothetical and increasingly weird tangents. For this show, it takes about a day and a half.

The Homestuck thread took mere hours to get to that point

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Summer got her brains from her Mother or Father's side of the family?
She seems pretty average so far, so I'm guessing both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
My read on her is that a) Like most rebellious daughters, she really doesn't want to follow in Beth's footsteps (see Rixty Minutes) b) Is very progressive, well-meaning, if also naive due to that (her actions on most adventures wind up being that) and c) Tends to be such not so much due to any kind of moral center, but since she's quite concerned about her popularity, as shown by the last episode of Season 1 (and to quote Nancy, that is *NOT* what Lincler stood for!)

I honestly get the impression that her 'being an accident' for such a long time in the mind of her parents was something that played a huge part in her being subconsciously neglected by her parents. Kids do pick up on that, so she stopped looking to her mother as a role-model awhile back and just latched onto whatever her school peers offered. Which was, of course, mostly just your standard teenager stuff. As for brains, well, she and Morty are both about par for the course. Not quite as bland as Jerry, but not quite as refined as Beth.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 4, 2015

• Locked thread