Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In all 4 of my leagues, Peyton never dropped past 30. All it took was Luck and Rodgers being taken in the 2nd round and people panic and grab Peyton.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, of course. He's a great bet to finish in the top 5, if not the top 3. His dip in production last year seems fair to attribute to his injury, not old age.

I thought as much as well. He just fell so far that I actually started to question it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Huh, someone just dropped Fred Jackson in my league to grab Jerick McKinnon and I'm currently #2 in the waiver order

I kind of want to grab him, given my questionable RB depth, but I don't really know who to drop to do so. Or whether or not I even should even be dropping anyone, as Jackson's situation is definitely in flux and I like my guys (though I'm currently trying to trade Ertz for J.Stew or TJ Yates to address the same issue).

10-teams, 0.5 points PPR, 1QB-2RB-2WR-1WR/TE-1TE-DST-K

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd hold off on FJax until we see what team signs him. If he goes to Seattle it's almost purely as a pass blocker since Pete doesn't really do RBBC and he'd just burn a hole on your bench, but if he lands on a team where he can consistently get 8-10 touches that's more ideal for a RB3/flex.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

FFFfuuuuck I'm sitting on Bradford and Brady in a 14-team league and at the moment, considering trading up Brady for something real nice.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Benne posted:

I'd hold off on FJax until we see what team signs him. If he goes to Seattle it's almost purely as a pass blocker since Pete doesn't really do RBBC and he'd just burn a hole on your bench, but if he lands on a team where he can consistently get 8-10 touches that's more ideal for a RB3/flex.

That seems reasonable. Thanks!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pimp Cauldron posted:

FFFfuuuuck I'm sitting on Bradford and Brady in a 14-team league and at the moment, considering trading up Brady for something real nice.

You wouldn't rather keep Brady??

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Pimp Cauldron posted:

I would, at least snap off that value now while it is as high as it will be prior to the beginning of the season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

You wouldn't rather keep Brady??

Chip's qb > brady

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Metapod posted:

Chip's qb > brady

Bradford's knee < All other QB options

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would hang onto them both for now considering Sam Bradford has two exploded knees and the replacement level QB in a 14-team league is probably, like, Jay Cutler?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'd wait for an injury or ineffective start(s) from the people with the lower end QB1S and then trade rape them. Especially if Bradford starts off hot.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bradford will break every fantasy scoring record known to man.

On a completely unrelated matter, Bradford is up for trade in the Goon cheat league since Brady can even cheat in appeal.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

jabro posted:

Bradford will break every fantasy scoring record known to man.

—OR— Fall off the roller coaster and break every bone in his body.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Bradford's knee < All other QB options

Hence why I said chip's qb

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How's the $100 yahoo leagues? Scrubs?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
@SportsBoyTony
Solomon Wilcots just said on Browns radio network that after talking to coaches, Dwayne Bowe needs to deliver tonight to make roster

Dwayne Bowe: Not good enough for the Browns

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Edit: Nvm

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Surprising absolutely no one.

Guy has been trash every year besides that 1 year.

Edit: He is a worse version of Brandon Lloyd.

Besides that one year (71-1162-15), he put up ~1000+ yards three more times between 2007 and 2011 (70-995-5, 86-1022-7, 81-1159-5). No way in hell I'm drafting him this year, but he was a quality WR for awhile there.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

RVProfootballer posted:

Besides that one year (71-1162-15), he put up ~1000+ yards three more times between 2007 and 2011 (70-995-5, 86-1022-7, 81-1159-5). No way in hell I'm drafting him this year, but he was a quality WR for awhile there.

Yeah I actually looked up his PFR files and saw he put up those 3 seasons. Its the reason I edited my post.

I just only ever heard about the season he had 15 tds and then all the griping that KC fans have made about how he never lived up to potential after he got payed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Yeah I actually looked up his PFR files and saw he put up those 3 seasons. Its the reason I edited my post.

I just only ever heard about the season he had 15 tds and then all the griping that KC fans have made about how he never lived up to potential after he got payed.

To be fair, I was surprised he had so many decent seasons too. I only looked him up because I didn't remember him having any big year, haha.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
Is Julius Thomas worth stashing on your bench? I already have Eifert as a replacement. I'm thinking of dropping Thomas and picking up Kyle Rudolph as well. Or maybe 2 Tight Ends is too many?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Is LaFell worth looking at on the FA list? Somebody just dropped him from their team the day after the draft. I've got 7RBs on my team and can only start 3 if you include the flex. I'm thinking maybe I should drop Crowell for him...

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
In general, I would say its never worth having 2 Tight Ends. I think JT's ceiling this year is his production last year so I don't think that is worth a roster spot, depending on what else is available on the WW. Are you weak at RB/WR?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Timett posted:

Is LaFell worth looking at on the FA list? Somebody just dropped him from their team the day after the draft. I've got 7RBs on my team and think maybe I should drop Crowell for him.

Crowell could still be worth a stash. Who are your other RB's? Are you weak at WR depth? I can't see LaFell doing more than he did last year but maybe thats ok.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lafell went in the 4th round in my draft. (20 players were kept so take that into acccount) Has this mysterious injury hurt his reputation bad enough that he's going undrafted now?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

MrSargent posted:

Crowell could still be worth a stash. Who are your other RB's? Are you weak at WR depth? I can't see LaFell doing more than he did last year but maybe thats ok.

RB: Forte, Gore, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller, Gurley, Giovani Bernard, Isaiah Crowell WR: Julio Jones, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Kendall Wright

RCarr posted:

Lafell went in the 4th round in my draft. (20 players were kept so take that into acccount) Has this mysterious injury hurt his reputation bad enough that he's going undrafted now?

He went in like the 12th round of my 10 man league and then was dropped the day after the draft for Percy Harvin

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I would drop Bernard or even Spiller before I dropped Crowell and pick up LaFell.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

MrSargent posted:

In general, I would say its never worth having 2 Tight Ends. I think JT's ceiling this year is his production last year so I don't think that is worth a roster spot, depending on what else is available on the WW. Are you weak at RB/WR?
I feel like I have 6 pretty good WRs already so I don't really want to pick up anyone else at that position. I'd like to shore up RB a little bit, but I don't really see any good RBs on waivers. Probably the best of the lot are Dan Herron, Eddie Starks, Branden Oliver or Zach Zenner.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Timett posted:

RB: Forte, Gore, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller, Gurley, Giovani Bernard, Isaiah Crowell WR: Julio Jones, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Kendall Wright

He went in like the 12th round of my 10 man league and then was dropped the day after the draft for Percy Harvin

I don't like LaFell more than any of your WRs, and many of your RBs are pretty high risk, so I'd definitely keep Crowell so you have some cover when several of your RBs inevitably bust.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So I dropped LaFell for Stevie Johnson in one of my autodraft leagues, because I don't really like LaFell. However, I'm thinking I acted rashly. I've got Ty Montgomery sitting on my bench, and I think he is dropable. Who would you rather have? Boldin or LaFell?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Getting start/sit opinions early. For my last WR spot in a PPR:

John Brown vNO
Golden Tate @SD
Cole Beasley vNYG
Markus Wheaton @NE

I really really really want to start Brown but I feel like Tate is the safe option.

Sataere posted:

So I dropped LaFell for Stevie Johnson in one of my autodraft leagues, because I don't really like LaFell. However, I'm thinking I acted rashly. I've got Ty Montgomery sitting on my bench, and I think he is dropable. Who would you rather have? Boldin or LaFell?

LaFell has value in the IR spot if you've got one but I would rather have Montgomery over either of those guys.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

schmitty9800 posted:

Getting start/sit opinions early. For my last WR spot in a PPR:

John Brown vNO
Golden Tate @SD
Cole Beasley vNYG
Markus Wheaton @NE

I really really really want to start Brown but I feel like Tate is the safe option.

LaFell has value in the IR spot if you've got one but I would rather have Montgomery over either of those guys.

I have a feeling that Wheaton might get some targets with Bryant and Bell being out (that Antonio Brown doesn't already get). Add the fact that Brady's going to be slinging the ball in a hate fest, Pittsburgh will have the offense on the field quite a bit.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

schmitty9800 posted:

How about these guys.

Darren McFadden
Allen Hurns
Tyler Eifert
Marcus Mariota
Davante Parker
Michael Crabtree
Dwayne Allen

Also, is Alfred Morris for Jordan Matthews a fair trade offer in 14 .5 PPR? I already have Charles and Miller, but I got jack at receiver.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Sataere posted:

How about these guys.

Darren McFadden
Allen Hurns
Tyler Eifert
Marcus Mariota
Davante Parker
Michael Crabtree
Dwayne Allen

Also, is Alfred Morris for Jordan Matthews a fair trade offer in 14 .5 PPR? I already have Charles and Miller, but I got jack at receiver.

I would drop Crabtree but I'm lower on him than a lot of people. I think that offer is fair considering your need, but it could never hurt to shop him around a little more.

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 4, 2015

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Sataere posted:

Boldin.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Suave Fedora posted:

As long as you have the bench space or an IR slot, I would drop either one of Floyd of Perriman, depending on how much risk you are comfortable with. While both have not-insignificant injuries, both are expected to play this season. I don't anticipate that Floyd's production will deviate much from what we've already seen and he shouldn't be more than a flex or bye option, whereas Perriman has a better shot of emerging as a top target for Flacco and is in a better position to provide a better return over the season. I would lean on dropping Floyd since you have 3 decent starting options anyway with your first three wideouts.

Thank you, appreciate the response. I dropped Floyd, then remembered that ESPN's wonky and doesn't let you pick up players to throw them straight in an IR spot, but lets you drop a guy > pick up a guy on IR > move him to an IR slot > reacquire the guy you dropped. Why they basically have a workaround available for something like that is beyond me. Thinking I might just leave that roster spot open and it'll give me the flexibility to nab a possible breakout player after week 1's Sunday action.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I'm kind of light on RBs in my 14 man league with only Miller, Randle, Blount, and Davis. Who is the best upside pick up off waivers?

Matt Jones, Cameron Artis-Payne, James Starks, or Andre Williams?

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Funny story from my auction draft last night...

CJ Anderson is up for nomination. To skip all the dink & dunk bids in the $1-20 range, a guy goes to enter '22' in the manual bid box on espn's draft app. He didn't see that he failed to clear the leading '1' in the text box, and accidentally attempted to bid $122. Given that he didn't have that money to spend on a single player, ESPN (in its infinite wisdom) auto-corrected his bid to the highest possible bid he *could* make at the time, $84. He didn't see that in time, however, and simply re-clicked the 'bid' button assuming that for whatever reason it just failed to accept his first mouse click. So, he bids $84 on CJ Anderson. He was screwed.

That is, *was* screwed, as at the same time he was trying to make his accidental $122 bid that was meant to be $22 but ended up as $84, another guy at our table was trying to make a normal bid on Anderson (the big red button) and it placed a bid for him at $85. Poor bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

How about these guys.

Darren McFadden
Allen Hurns
Tyler Eifert
Marcus Mariota
Davante Parker
Michael Crabtree
Dwayne Allen

In PPR league i'd take Matthews over Morris, especially since you already have Charles and Miller. Morris usually suffers a bit whenever RG3lol isn't in the starting lineup and Matthews has the potential to hog a lot of targets as long as Ertz is banged up.

• Locked thread