Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Also, according to John U. Bacon, all of the goofy uniforms worn over the last couple seasons were the original idea of one Dave Brandon, jackass.

I thought it was an adidas deal since they give everyone lunatic poo poo to wear, and Brandon was all but happy to go along with it (or didn't have a choice). Either way, blaming Brandon for all the faults of the world is fine by me so have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

AsInHowe posted:

Actually, Michigan coach JIM HARBAUGH is doing something different: fixing every detail that has been a sore point for years.

First, Michigan will be wearing the proper shade of maize in 2015. A darker, purer maize instead of highlighter yellow.

Second, Michigan is now wearing 1974 throwbacks as the road uniform.

That all white uniform looks sharp. I don't have an opinion on Michigan either way, but their uniforms are classic.

Edit: because who doesn't like to look at pictures of sweet uniforms?

Faltese Malkin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 16, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Not a college fan but those are classics

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Vanderbilt Football Presents: Billy Elliot

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo designers, stop with the loving words on the pants they are always terrible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

one of the religious schools needs to come out with their pants covered in bible verses

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Alaois posted:

one of the religious schools needs to come out with their pants covered in bible verses

The Lions have a Bible verse about lions in the entrance tunnel at Ford Field.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

The Lions have a Bible verse about lions in the entrance tunnel at Ford Field.

Except they've got it wrong and it's the Lions being led to the slaughter.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I was at Ralph Wilson stadium for the BG/Buffalo game a couple years ago and was in the tunnel after the game. They have the words "PLAY LIKE A BILLS" painted over the locker room entrance.

:psyduck:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the dolphins have ezekiel 23:20 printed inside their locker room

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Ehud posted:

the dolphins have ezekiel 23:20 printed inside their locker room

The Packers have Leviticus 18:22 printed inside the showers.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Corzaa posted:

The Packers have Leviticus 18:22 printed inside the showers.
What about Penn State?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

japtor posted:

What about Penn State?

John 11:35 or Matthew 19:14

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
ASU/Adidas unveiled their "Desert Ice" uniforms that they'll be wearing for the opener against Texas A&M.

The helmet is pretty cool, I like the copper coloring but it's not really that different from the regular unis.

More pictures on adidas twitter: https://twitter.com/adidasfballus

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Utah has a new helmet. I'm always a fan of the matte/satin look and this one looks sharp:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

(not mine)

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
What's the best source for knockoff jerseys these days? Any random AliExpress store?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
College uni update: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13513118/2015-uni-watch-college-football-preview

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AsInHowe posted:

Actually, Michigan coach JIM HARBAUGH is doing something different: fixing every detail that has been a sore point for years.

First, Michigan will be wearing the proper shade of maize in 2015. A darker, purer maize instead of highlighter yellow.

Second, Michigan is now wearing 1974 throwbacks as the road uniform.

Third, the Michigan Stadium goalposts are now maize instead of white.

Huge week of Harbaugh.

Also, according to John U. Bacon, all of the goofy uniforms worn over the last couple seasons were the original idea of one Dave Brandon, jackass.

God everytime I see Michigan now I think Delaware

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

pzy posted:

What's the best source for knockoff jerseys these days? Any random AliExpress store?

Probably. 89 had a good experience with one store getting some Eagles jerseys , as outlined here, and I got a very well done throwback from another store that I linked to on the page after that which offered custom jerseys for every team.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

God everytime I see Michigan now I think Delaware

delaware wears it better

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dunno how I feel about the triangles on the shoulders, but the helmet is boss

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
the front of the jersey looks absolutely terrible imo

wait lol im an idiot jesus christ that is a shirt

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Febreeze posted:

The Cincinnati herpetic weiners

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm guessing the triangles are likely a salute to the odd windows and design of the wavy building that looks into it. UC has a pretty big architecture department and pretty much every building on campus is really odd/unique.

E: The building is a mix of student-athlete training facilities and athletic department offices, for the curious.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i've always liked the look of Nippert Stadium

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

i've always liked the look of Nippert Stadium

It was one of the more unique setups in college football, though not always for the better. They also had 4 lights on one side of the field and just 2 on the other. Combined with the team and fans almost always wearing black, it would make for a very odd look at times.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Febreeze posted:

Paid for by athletes with messy dorm rooms

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Busy garbage. I grew up to Cincinnati and have been to probably a dozen games at that stadium and had no idea what those triangles were supposed to be.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Cincinnati has the best fonts in CFB.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jesus

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Drool

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Take the ucla off and that shirt would own

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Coming to a gas station 3.99 bin near you

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sorry but that actually rules unironically

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
That UCLA stuff is non-ironically awesome.

In other news, Hawaii is wearing amazing throwbacks this weekend:

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/galleries/?gallery=528

And Buffalo is also wearing throwbacks:

Reaction:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

those hawaii uniforms are fantastic

and as much as i love the bills wearing white, nothing beats the red helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile