Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Teacup giraffes now available for pre-order on TopatoCo store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Clearly it's going to be Lee Marvins 30th birthday

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

angerbeet posted:

Lovable radio personality Cecil Gershwin Palmer (briefly) ended up on the newest episode of Gravity Falls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPx6cnsArw

"I love bread." Nice.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
He's not wrong.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

angerbeet posted:

Lovable radio personality Cecil Gershwin Palmer (briefly) ended up on the newest episode of Gravity Falls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEPx6cnsArw

I'm glad someone made this edit of that scene.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Holy poo poo

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

This was surprisingly well done!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Literally The Worst posted:

Nuclear holocaust, alternately a musical episode

A musical holocaust, perhaps?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Crain posted:

A musical holocaust, perhaps?

Any kind of holocaust could be considered a musical. If you count the screams and crying as music. And I know the clerks at Night Owl records count it!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Spoilers: It's an Australian/New Zealand tour :v:

Great episode tonight :allears: I just realized the book comes out next month. :toot:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Holy poo poo they're actually coming to Perth! No one comes to Perth! We're just a tiny city surrounded by endless desert!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Oh man, I can't wait for the Auckland show!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Organza Quiz posted:

Holy poo poo they're actually coming to Perth! No one comes to Perth! We're just a tiny city surrounded by endless desert!

Makes sense,actually.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CaptainPsyko posted:

Makes sense,actually.

night vale confirmed to be alt-dimensional perth

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cool but can you guys get rid of that tony abbott rear end in a top hat before we come over please tia

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Kevin :smith:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Kevin :swoon:

Strexcorps :smith:

The weather :swoon:

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
I have to say that this week's weather was one of the best. Made me look up the artist for sure.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This was a good episode that did a good job developing the shows main antagonist character

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Huge props to Kevin R. Free, who did an excellent job distinguishing between the three different time periods.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Donald Trump is Hyram McDaniels. Hillary Clinton is the faceless old woman.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

New shirt. :retrogames:
I'm not going to be able to stop myself from buying Night Vale shirts, and after a few times of having to clean out my closet, by next year literally the only shirts I will own will be Night Vale shirts. I'm okay with this, but if I get a job interview it might be a problem.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

AstroZamboni posted:

Donald Trump is Hyram McDaniels. Hillary Clinton is the faceless old woman.

How can Trump be Hiram when he's already literal Marcus Vansten? Descending a golden escalator is at least on par with building a proverbial literal ring and launching a golden hat into it.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Amateur Sketch posted:

How can Trump be Hiram when he's already literal Marcus Vansten? Descending a golden escalator is at least on par with building a proverbial literal ring and launching a golden hat into it.

I could see Trump building a private library right next to an underfunded public library, filling it with books he'll never touch, and refusing to let anyone else in.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Got my tickets for the Auckland show! So hype!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Amazing how quickly tickets seemed to be going for Sydney. Still, got mine.

I'll even throw DoctorWhat a reference by going in my 7th Doctor costume :P

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

cptn_dr posted:

Got my tickets for the Auckland show! So hype!

Me too, near the back. Going by the number of seats still available, it's 90% sold out in the first quarter hour.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Odds on Trump having a coffee table made of human bones: pretty good.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Somehow I don't see Trump ascending to heaven and coming back as an avenging (thing we are legally required not to call an) angel on a mission to defeat big business.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Earwicker posted:

cool but can you guys get rid of that tony abbott rear end in a top hat before we come over please tia

We're hoping he follows the Harold Holt model of governance and walks into the ocean never to be seen again.

Anyway more on topic so what if the old Desert Bluffs is still the new Desert Bluffs in some kind of time loop?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

:smith:

A top episode, excellent character development

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Quite sensible new regulations really.

The last few weathers have been just amazing :swoon:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also, Knife is an exciting new sponsor! I can't wait to buy one!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i'm not sure why, but i will never get tired of the dog park announcement being repeated nearly verbatim

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

i'm not sure why, but i will never get tired of the dog park announcement being repeated nearly verbatim

Me neither. I listen to Night Vale to help me fall asleep, and there's something that's just so soothing about the delivery of these words.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Same here with "Come to the hole in the vacant lot out back of the Ralph's and huddle with Us." Which I'm glad to hear about again this episode!. Unnecessarily long repetition is kind of a running theme.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I like to nestle. do you like to nestle? lets nestle, i want to nestle. lets nestle with us.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That was a swell episode. Back to roots really. It's one of those that can be used to show a friend new to Welcome to NIghtvale what it's all about.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

It's always nice to hear Mark Gagliardi as John Peters, you know, the farmer?

I met him a few months back after a TAH show and he signed my poster as "Mark Gagliardi, you know, the actor" after I mentioned that I was also a Night Vale fan (Hal signed it as Steve Carlsberg, too).

Edit: what I'm saying is that the TAH cast needs to show up more on Night Vale. I want to hear Cecil and Sadie read lists of things to each other.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Met posted:

That was a swell episode. Back to roots really.

It's a good episode, but I don't see it as "back to roots" because there were two guest voices. I don't think there were any non-Cecil voices for the first fifteen episodes.

I had actually forgotten that John Peters- you know, the farmer?- had spoken before. It was Pamela's first voiced appearance, though, right? Those two were the highlight of the episode. "Cecil, I am looking directly at the sun." I also feel like a new arc is starting, with Cecil subtly provoking resistance to the City Council the same way he did against Strex. Apparently his reporting about the Dog Park and the world inside it started a protest movement. He plays it off as "oops, me and my big mouth," but I wonder if he was deliberately feeding information to the populace.