Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Warframe builder got updated.

Crit build V Hek confirmed 99.9k dps, more with Primed Ravage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Nalesh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqtVoftMH_o

It's not that good, but seems like a decent support weapon.

to

Also why the gently caress did they nerf this, like, why.

and it already wasn't worth using.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Normal, blast-modded Hek wins on sheer damage, but you do lose out on the punch through.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

4-shot, 1.3s reload Blast Sancti Tigris. :getin:

edit: For some reason the link doesn't save all the formas.. the point blank and seeking fury slots should obviously be formaed.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 3, 2015

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Collateral Damage posted:

4-shot, 1.3s reload Blast Sancti Tigris. :getin:

edit: For some reason the link doesn't save all the formas.. the point blank and seeking fury slots should obviously be formaed.

Is the Blast just there for sweet ragdolls? I thought it was considered pretty bad as far as damage types go.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

Is the Blast just there for sweet ragdolls?
Mostly yes, but with 82% status chance it's also great crowd control because anything that isn't killed outright is getting knocked down.

Also blast isn't really that bad, it doesn't have any huge penalties but it doesn't have any bonuses either except vs Ancients.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 3, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Shalhavet posted:

Normal, blast-modded Hek wins on sheer damage, but you do lose out on the punch through.

Non punchthrough always wins on paper, but never in practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgs9OhjAE2g

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 3, 2015

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I'm gonna go ahead and think of this thing as the Grineer equivalent of those little Binding of Isaac fetus ghost followers.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Diriga is a drifloon and i wont hear anything else.

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 4, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Am I crazy, or does the new Cernos blow the Dread out of the water?

http://goo.gl/HP147x

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Diriga is a drifloon and i wont hear anything else.

If you let a Houndoom chew on it for a while and let it get all melty, maybe. :cry:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally tried out the auro-upgrading feature and it's nice, I guess, to know I was modding this as optimally as the game thinks I should.
Except it keep wanting to put Steel Fiber on everything. Bitch, I play Nyx, what good is 17 armor going to do me?? Instead I can slot vitality and have a shot of surviving when my shields get lasered from across the room.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That thing is useless, IIRC it just picks the stuff with highest conclave values.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Cryophage posted:

Sub-100% crit rate, not worth using.

Here's the issue: as a bow, it's a weapon that relies on accurate, relatively slow single shots. Yes, I see that third-of-a-second charge rate, but the arrow travel time makes spamming unfeasible except at close range, plus it's not a true semi-auto trigger no matter how fast it charges.

So, given that single shots matter, what does the unreliability of the crit chance do to it? Any time you don't get a crit, you're doing less than a fifth of your optimal damage with that arrow. Sure, you stand a good chance of at least one of your two multishotted arrows critting, but that's something like a 24% chance of at least one of them not critting and doing poo poo damage. Also, since rifle multishot doesn't go to 100%, you stand a very small chance of only getting one arrow and it not critting.

The same rationale applied to the concept of sniper weapons also applies to bows: in this game, no matter how much damage a weapon like this does, you're going to be lagging way behind the guys who mow down whole crowds at once with automatics and punch-through shotguns, what redeems this class of weapon is the ability to reliably oneshot dangerous enemies like heavies.

Granted, thanks to the charge speed on this thing failing to oneshot a heavy isn't that much of a practical issue, since you can just draw again in no time. But it is a 'feel' issue- on hitscan automatics, an unreliable crit chance makes very little difference to the weapon's handling, because the volume of fire immediately smooths things out into a statistically average damage over time. With this bow, you're going to notice if it shoots a dud.

I guess what I'm saying is, it may be fine for anyone who's willing to put up with bullshit for the sake of statistically higher damage on average, but I'm not that big of a optimal-sperg myself and I wouldn't really recommend it as a good-feeling weapon.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 4, 2015

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Kyte posted:

That thing is useless, IIRC it just picks the stuff with highest conclave values.

In my experience it felt like it was picking the stuff I slotted most on other frames/weapons/etc. Either way, it's still slotting mods with no regard for what they actually do, so it's useless.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Cryophage posted:

It's probably due to faster charge rate. Dread requires Speed Trigger/Vile Acceleration while R Cernos doesn't. However if you want to see sweet crit damage then Dread still wins.

Also it's not like you're going to spam arrows nonestop as it takes time to aim anyway.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

YellerBill posted:

it's useless.

Yeah, the mod autopicker can make some outright insane choices, especially when you've got a full array of mods to choose from. If it's picking the same things as you, this may not actually be a vindication of your choices. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddammit DE now is not the time to release new weapons. :negative:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Aesis posted:

Also it's not like you're going to spam arrows nonestop as it takes time to aim anyway.

Actually I do spam arrows nonstop without aiming so it's perfect for me :shobon:

Cathair posted:

Yeah, the mod autopicker can make some outright insane choices, especially when you've got a full array of mods to choose from. If it's picking the same things as you, this may not actually be a vindication of your choices. :v:

The autopicker picking the same things I do is a good thing on most frames because that gets me Redirection/Vitality/Streamline/etc slotted immediately. Everything else it puts on is nonsense though.

edit: for guns the autopicker's just completely insane

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cathair posted:

I guess what I'm saying is, it's a fine weapon for anyone who's willing to put up with bullshit for the sake of statistically higher damage on average, but I'm not that big of a optimal-sperg myself and I wouldn't really recommend it as a good-feeling weapon.

Normally I'd agree with you, but for all it's awkwardness this thing is theorycrafting as better than a brakk, without the range limitations.

Cathair posted:

Here's the issue: as a bow, it's a weapon that relies on accurate, relatively slow single shots.

How does it stand as a slower, much stronger Latron that requires you lead your shots?

I suppose you're right though; it's not really competing with the Dread.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cathair posted:

Sub-100% crit rate, not worth using.

Here's the issue: as a bow, it's a weapon that relies on accurate, relatively slow single shots. Yes, I see that third-of-a-second charge rate, but the arrow travel time makes spamming unfeasible except at close range, plus it's not a true semi-auto trigger no matter how fast it charges.

So, given that single shots matter, what does the unreliability of the crit chance do to it? Any time you don't get a crit, you're doing less than a fifth of your optimal damage with that arrow. Sure, you stand a good chance of at least one of your two multishotted arrows critting, but that's something like a 24% chance of at least one of them not critting and doing poo poo damage. Also, since rifle multishot doesn't go to 100%, you stand a very small chance of only getting one arrow and it not critting.

The same rationale applied to the concept of sniper weapons also applies to bows: in this game, no matter how much damage a weapon like this does, you're going to be lagging way behind the guys who mow down whole crowds at once with automatics and punch-through shotguns, what redeems this class of weapon is the ability to reliably oneshot dangerous enemies like heavies.

Granted, thanks to the charge speed on this thing failing to oneshot a heavy isn't that much of a practical issue, since you can just draw again in no time. But it is a 'feel' issue- on hitscan automatics, an unreliable crit chance makes very little difference to the weapon's handling, because the volume of fire immediately smooths things out into a statistically average damage over time. With this bow, you're going to notice if it shoots a dud.

I guess what I'm saying is, it may be fine for anyone who's willing to put up with bullshit for the sake of statistically higher damage on average, but I'm not that big of a optimal-sperg myself and I wouldn't really recommend it as a good-feeling weapon.

For what it's worth, you can get guaranteed crits with Critical Delay and still have it charge faster than a Dread, plus the projectile speed seems to be higher.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Can you get red crits though?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
You can get 104.3% crit chance with both Critical Delay and Point Strike. So yes you can get red crit but you won't see it much. However you're going to sacrifice RoF by 72%

E: 0.35 * (1+1.15+ 0.48)

Aesis fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 4, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I am actually taking a liking to the synoid simulor, you can create insane moshpits if you put radiation on it.

Also I know Gas is kinda poo poo against most things, but tempted to put it on it just for the aoe procs in a sustained aoe moshpit.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Cryophage posted:

Normally I'd agree with you, but for all it's awkwardness this thing is theorycrafting as better than a brakk, without the range limitations.
My Brakk generally isn't quite as good as my Hek or Sobek, so maybe that's not the best comparison :v:

Cryophage posted:

How does it stand as a slower, much stronger Latron that requires you lead your shots?
That's what I was thinking about when I mentioned semi-auto triggers. Thing is, the Latron series can be spammed at long ranges with little effort; hell, you can put an autofire macro on and have a highly accurate automatic. I mean, I'm aware that I'm conjecturing here since I don't actually have a Rakta Cernos to test, but there's no way you're going to get even close to that volume of accurate fire. I kinda doubt the overall 'feel' will be comparable between the two.

Neo_Crimson posted:

For what it's worth, you can get guaranteed crits with Critical Delay and still have it charge faster than a Dread, plus the projectile speed seems to be higher.

Now this I didn't consider.

Since bows suffer twice the penalty from negative fire rate as well as twice the benefit from RoF buffs, I don't think you'll be able to get away with no +fire rate mods. However, a Rakta Cernos with Critical Delay and Speed Trigger is going to be faster than a Dread with Speed Trigger.

So I guess you're looking at a faster charge and 25% more base damage than a Dread, plus a syndicate proc, at the cost of one less slot to use for elementals (and no red crits, if that matters to you). Hmm, might be alright.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 4, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well I am sold on the Synoid Simulor. I needed a new project anyway.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It's so fun, just a warning though, putting split chamber on it might seem like a good idea cause "hey, it will do an aoe attack every time I fire it", but it doesn't for some reason.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
So, anyone get their hands on the new Tigris, Hek or Boltor? how do they compare to the regular Hek and Tigris and really wondering if the Boltor Prime can be beaten?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Vaykor Hek is superior in DPS, by 10% if you max out Primed Ravage. You give up non-crit damage and the wall-of-projectiles effect, however.
Telos Boltor is inferior in dps and the projectile is slower than Boltor Prime.
Sancti Tigris is a straight upgrade to the regular Tigris.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Nalesh posted:

It's so fun, just a warning though, putting split chamber on it might seem like a good idea cause "hey, it will do an aoe attack every time I fire it", but it doesn't for some reason.

Pretty sure it fires a 2-stack ball with Split Chamber on, instead of firing 2 1-stack balls. Dunno if they fuse up to a 3-stack or a 4-stack ball, though.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah it fires a 2 stack ball, which means you won't get the aoe from two balls combining.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cathair posted:

:colbert: Some of us are working with very limited mods, poopbutt.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
R Cernos
Dread

Looks like R Cernos with Critical Delay is still better charged or non-charged.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Why do you have hcal on them? Hcal fucks their accuracy really badly.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Denzine posted:

Why do you have hcal on them? Hcal fucks their accuracy really badly.
Because I don't know how to mod bows :colbert:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Baro shows up tomorrow. Hopefully he'll have Primed Ravage to go with the V Hek.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is the 75% couponing still a thing that's doable or has that pretty much stopped? Trying to figure if i should pick up a bit while I've got a 50 coupon.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
OK here are the bows without Heavy Caliber.
R Cernos
Dread

Look at that damage/dps :stare:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Aesis posted:

OK here are the bows without Heavy Caliber.
R Cernos
Dread

Look at that damage/dps :stare:

Why Vile Acceleration?

Anyway yes, it's way better than the Dread and Paris Prime with a similar build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Neo_Crimson posted:

Why Vile Acceleration?
Gotta charge faster yo!