Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

You mean sales wise or the number of books it touches?

Number of books it affects/crossover issues it encompasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

kizudarake posted:

"Mutants? Those fuckers are born with powers, and that's scary. That couldn't have happened to me, so I can't identify with that.

That daredevil dude, though, he was just walking down the street, pushed a dude out of the way of a truck, and got covered with toxic waste! I walk down the street like all the time! What if it happened to me? He's pretty awesome!"

Yeah...but what about Thors?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Edit: Nothing to see here. Just some idiot who don't know how to use forums.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

You mean sales wise or the number of books it touches?

Well the question was size so that

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

Question: In the Batman '66 TV series, was there ever a scene where Batman was offered some candy and replied, "Actually, I'd prefer a piece of fresh fruit if you have it"? I remember years ago, I was told there was such a line, but this was before the DVDs were widely available. Likewise, was there ever a scene where Batman refused to start the Batmobile because Robin hadn't put his seatbelt on yet?

I don't know about the candy, but this is a huge reason I love '66 so much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

kizudarake posted:

"Mutants? Those fuckers are born with powers, and that's scary. That couldn't have happened to me, so I can't identify with that.

That daredevil dude, though, he was just walking down the street, pushed a dude out of the way of a truck, and got covered with toxic waste! I walk down the street like all the time! What if it happened to me? He's pretty awesome!"

It's only slightly related, but I find it really weird that mutants, both evil and not Cyclops, kept claiming they were "the next step in human evolution" well after they found out they were a botched experiment by the Celestials.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

It's only slightly related, but I find it really weird that mutants, both evil and not Cyclops, kept claiming they were "the next step in human evolution" well after they found out they were a botched experiment by the Celestials.

They never claimed to be a step in the right direction.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

I couldn't tell you the episode, but the seat belt scene definitely happened. Batman 66 was on TV land or something like it when I was a kid and I watched every day. The fruit thing sounds familiar, but that one I'm not positive on. Maybe the episode where he runs against the Penguin for mayor, I know he refuses to kiss a baby in that one because it would be unhygienic.

Right. I was pretty sure the seatbelt one is legit, but the fruit one could honestly go either way. If it's made-up, it's completely believable.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Right. I was pretty sure the seatbelt one is legit, but the fruit one could honestly go either way. If it's made-up, it's completely believable.

They're both legit. The seatbelt one is from a Catwoman episode in season one. The fruit and candy one is from a season one episode with False Face.

What? Quit looking at me like that. I just love me some Batman '66. Best live action superhero thing ever made.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

What? Quit looking at me like that. I just love me some Batman '66. Best live action superhero thing ever made.

Are you Chris Sims? Also, complete agreement.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WickedHate posted:

Are you Chris Sims? Also, complete agreement.

I think the X-Men cartoon was an abomination. So that should answer your question.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

X-O posted:

I think the X-Men cartoon was an abomination. So that should answer your question.

What about the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, this is an important question

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OldTennisCourt posted:

What about the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, this is an important question

Also bad. All of the Marvel cartoons except Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes are bad. Though I've not seen the recent ones.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

X-O posted:

Also bad. All of the Marvel cartoons except Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes are bad. Though I've not seen the recent ones.

The 90's Spider-Man cartoon is amazing if only that it had the most convuluted plot in any superhero animated project ever. Like 8 part serials and it was all insane

Also Venom drove a big rig one time

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

X-Men cartoon is great because it doesn't even pretend it's audience doesn't know the comics. Characters just pop up and vanish with no introduction. Black Panther just cruises through the background without anyone even acknowledging him.

The only thing better is that UPN Hulk cartoon where Ghost Rider shows up to save everyone out of nowhere and then leaves with no explanation.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jack Gladney posted:

X-Men cartoon is great because it doesn't even pretend it's audience doesn't know the comics. Characters just pop up and vanish with no introduction. Black Panther just cruises through the background without anyone even acknowledging him.

The only thing better is that UPN Hulk cartoon where Ghost Rider shows up to save everyone out of nowhere and then leaves with no explanation.

Didn't the X-Men cartoon pull a Batman The Animated Series and end up introducing a pretty popular character into the mythos or am I totally wrong?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jack Gladney posted:

Do you mean Fantastic Four?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, I did. Jesus that's awful, but kind of like grabbing a Spider-Man comic at random as a kid and not knowing who Daredevil is when he does up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The 90s Fantastic Four and Hulk cartoons both sucked, so it's an easy mistake.

Goddamn that is a wonderful Danny Ketch voice though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He reprised it for that terrible capcom fighting game that they're not allowed to sell anymore! It was cool.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

He reprised it for that terrible capcom fighting game that they're not allowed to sell anymore!.

Which one is that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Which one is that?

The one that's really bad and a disappointing followup to a classic 2D fighter.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Marvel Super Heroes?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

Marvel Super Heroes?

Nah, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Hurt posted:

Nah, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.

God, gently caress. I actually rented that as a kid. Every time I'm reminded of it I want to spit blood.

Lurdiak posted:

Ahhh, I getcha. I've always wanted but was never actually able to play MvC2, but even so I could tell MvC3 wasn't nearly as good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Didn't the X-Men cartoon pull a Batman The Animated Series and end up introducing a pretty popular character into the mythos or am I totally wrong?

In a way. They brought morph back into the spotlight and that popularity led to him being in age of apocalypse followed by Exiles

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WickedHate posted:

The 90s Fantastic Four and Hulk cartoons both sucked, so it's an easy mistake.

Goddamn that is a wonderful Danny Ketch voice though.

The Hulk show was actually surprisingly good. And featured the dude who plays Dum Dum Dugan in the Marvel movies and TV shows as Banner. It sadly got a lot goofier in the second season when they introduced She-Hulk (voiced by Cree Summer, I believe) and Joe Fixit.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

bobkatt013 posted:

In a way. They brought morph back into the spotlight and that popularity led to him being in age of apocalypse followed by Exiles

Yeah Morph is the only character I can think of they handled that probably saw a resurgence

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bishop was a heck of a lot more prominent in the cartoon than I ever recall him being in the comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Bishop was a heck of a lot more prominent in the cartoon than I ever recall him being in the comics.

A handful of episodes vs in Uncanny X-men monthly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

What? Bishop had multiples starring minis, his own ongoing and was a main member of the team for tons of time. He was the key to AoA as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Ahhh, I getcha. I've always wanted but was never actually able to play MvC2, but even so I could tell MvC3 wasn't nearly as good.

Yeah, but still great voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsePyOUvinA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

WickedHate posted:

God, gently caress. I actually rented that as a kid. Every time I'm reminded of it I want to spit blood.

If you have a computer made in the last decade, see if there is a Mame thread on games and ask around there about emulation. Specifically about playing MvC2, you can't emulate any of the systems capable of playing MvC3.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Oh, completely, that dude is perfect.

Those Pheonix Wright lines. :allears:

Skwirl posted:

If you have a computer made in the last decade, see if there is a Mame thread on games and ask around there about emulation. Specifically about playing MvC2, you can't emulate any of the systems capable of playing MvC3.

Nah, I'm actually quite terrible at fighting games. I just loved all those characters. loving Mega Man Legends Mega Man, man! Also, the theme song is killer.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man I just dusted off my Dreamcast for the first time in years and played some Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Still really fuckin good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fantastic Four was the best 90's Marvel cartoon because there were quite a few episodes were nearly exact translations of old Lee/Kirby comics.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Stan's introductions were the best part of that and the Iron Man cartoons. Hi true believers!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
MvC2 is great but UMvC3 is also great. You can have Phoenix Wright beat up Galactus.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jack Gladney posted:

Stan's introductions were the best part of that and the Iron Man cartoons. Hi true believers!

Dude from Gargoyles was Black Panther. And I remember thinking the end of the Inhumans episode(s?) was super sad with Crystal and Johnny getting split up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

OldTennisCourt posted:

I think you're thinking of X-men Evolution which introduced X-23.